Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Perplx posted:

it will dongle hell for a few years but it's actually more functional in the long run

4x thunderbolt 3 ports would be 160Gbps, probably the most io ever in a laptop

Yeah i can fault them for only one port but multiple usb c and nothing else is Correct Thought on this matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

no, they're all garbage and sad

similar to thine posting

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Triglav posted:

someone with new snapchat please take a pic of craig federighi off google and run it through the makeup and flowers filter thanks

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
thank u

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Wheany posted:

i don't even know what sketch is, i just know nobody uses not-photoshop

I can tell you're not part of a creative team :smug:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

it is happening

Godspeed You! Black Conservative
Dec 30, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
my body is ready

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

PleasureKevin posted:

it is happening

black flags means imminent butt fucks for all customers!! :dance:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

phil my hole, tim

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i don't pay attention to things; when do the new macbooks pro come out?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Oh for days of yonder, when we had Steve Jobs to wow us with the latest stuff. His keynotes were legendary, and I looked forward to every one with baited breath. Those days are gone forever, alas.

It seems as though Cook almost wants to disappoint us, wants the keynote to be dull, wants to concentrate on watch bands, Eddy Cue wobbling to music, vacuous celebrities and pushing ads and subscriptions, all things that fly in the face of Steve's Apple.

Perhaps, one day, Apple will be released from the clutches of decay. May we all yearn for a return to Apple's original Raison d'être: providing us with the finest computers. Goodbye distractions, hello focus. I fear my optimism is hopeless and deluded. :(

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

My Linux Rig posted:

black flags means imminent butt fucks for all customers!! :dance:

it means theyre appointing a new product pope

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

i don't pay attention to things; when do the new macbooks pro come out?

q4 probably but they might unveil them at wwdc

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

hell yea!
:gay:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
new, probably fake rumor: apple pay integrated into safari on OS X macOS

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
was goinna hand over the cash to buy a refurbed black 5s for $450nzd but it wasnt in stock

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just bought one through hopefully not dodgy refurb website.. 32gb, grey, 5s...

now onto ali express to buy 35 additional charger cables to get me through th next yuear

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

echinopsis posted:

was goinna hand over the cash to buy a refurbed black 5s for $450nzd but it wasnt in stock

good lord.

what the gently caress is wrong with your dollar? they cost that much new three years ago

congrats on buying a stolen phone off the internet though, i hope that works out

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

where did you buy it from?

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
upgrading from the iPhone 4? I don't see the point of getting anything besides the SE of the 5S costs that much

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

infernal machines posted:

good lord.

what the gently caress is wrong with your dollar? they cost that much new three years ago

congrats on buying a stolen phone off the internet though, i hope that works out

do you know how currencies work?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

that's about $300 USD, the 5S cost $649 USD at launch

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PleasureKevin posted:

do you know how currencies work?

yes, i was just unaware that the NZD was roughly on par with currencies of failed african states

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

yes, i was just unaware that the NZD was roughly on par with currencies of failed african states

Mlyp

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

massively inflationary?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

no, unaware

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

computer parts posted:

new, probably fake rumor: apple pay integrated into safari on OS X macOS

like a year ago i had the idea of an app/api it so a merchant could do a charge in your browser with the api, then it pushes a notification to your iphone to open the app and pay with apple pay using a dynamically constructed page showing all the pertinent info from the retailer. something along those lines. if an idiot like me can have that idea i'm sure it's completely real.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

having the idea is the hardest part, idea man

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i have no idea what ur talking about

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

please, i had a hearty idea this morning and if I eat my wheaties ill have another tonight

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

triple sulk posted:

like a year ago i had the idea of an app/api it so a merchant could do a charge in your browser with the api, then it pushes a notification to your iphone to open the app and pay with apple pay using a dynamically constructed page showing all the pertinent info from the retailer. something along those lines. if an idiot like me can have that idea i'm sure it's completely real.
A lot of other idiots had that idea too.
https://w3c.github.io/browser-payment-api/

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

triple sulk posted:

why doesn't it just show you a barcode you scan with your phone? I wonder if anyone has ever thought of this before

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

good lord.

how about you focus on the fact that soon I will have my first non-steve iphone.. and a fuckin lighting charger..

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
you gonna upgrade to the SE in 3 years?

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

PleasureKevin posted:

that's about $300 USD, the 5S cost $649 USD at launch

americans think iphones cost 199 because they don't understand contract subsidies

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

my stepdads beer posted:

americans think iphones cost 199 because they don't understand contract subsidies

contract subsidies basically don't exist anymore in the US

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

The Management posted:

why doesn't it just show you a barcode you scan with your phone? I wonder if anyone has ever thought of this before

what if it deducted directly from my bank account and could be designed by security genius retail corporations such as target and hone depot.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Management posted:

contract subsidies basically don't exist anymore in the US

The largest cell phone country in North America still does them (Verizon)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

my stepdads beer posted:

i still get passive aggressive comments from my mom because she thinks her phones suddenly went from $299 to $650 when she upgraded and I 'didn't tell her they cost that much now' as if it was ever cheaper on contract before

• Locked thread