Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Drewjitsu posted:

Does winters retreat when a percentage of his coterie is dead? I though he only retreated when you beat him (and only him) up enough.

He leaves under two conditions: if you damage him enough or kill at least 50% of his minions. Paging Dr. Cheeto to this thread to quote the long guide for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Drewjitsu posted:

Does winters retreat when a percentage of his coterie is dead? I though he only retreated when you beat him (and only him) up enough.

He retreats when you either do enough damage to him or he only has a certain amount of buddies (4?) left. I've definitely driven him off by shooting his friends a bunch.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Discendo Vox posted:

3 times, and they were different forms of the bug.

Oh, Vox. :allears:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

How's it a waste of ammo? Maybe I'm misunderstanding but it reads like this to me:
kill winters' goons early
Winters arrives on station,
Winters immediately retreats because too many of his buddies are dead

what am I missing

You get the same effect by just waiting til he gets into position and firing on them all at once. You don't need to kill all of his shield friends if he is in position, just enough of them. But if you start killing them early you can kill them all AND it doesn't seem to affect how fast you can drive him off.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

UnknownMercenary posted:

You get the same effect by just waiting til he gets into position and firing on them all at once. You don't need to kill all of his shield friends if he is in position, just enough of them. But if you start killing them early you can kill them all AND it doesn't seem to affect how fast you can drive him off.

I'm confused by this theory of not shooting cops.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Psion posted:

He leaves under two conditions: if you damage him enough or kill at least 50% of his minions. Paging Dr. Cheeto to this thread to quote the long guide for me.

It's true. The game wants you to kill over half his phalanx, so you need to murder at least six of the ten phalanx members. I have no idea if it works the way you'd expect when murdering them before they get into position, though.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Bootcha posted:

Why spend rockets hitting a moving target when you can dunk on them all at once when they are sitting ducks?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

What is it? You were wrong. Histironics about Overkill's updates aren't really warranted, especially when they've been especially attentive of late.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

UnknownMercenary posted:

Why spend rockets hitting a moving target when you can dunk on them all at once when they are sitting ducks?

Bootcha posted:

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.
I haven't played this since right after they added microtransactions. Do shotgun builds still own after the new skills overhaul? I want to click the police with this Ithaca 37 they added.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

mystic pimp posted:

I haven't played this since right after they added microtransactions. Do shotgun builds still own after the new skills overhaul? I want to click the police with this Ithaca 37 they added.

They're better than ever.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

mystic pimp posted:

Silenced shotguns are godly, especially with crits and grinder

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

BillmasterCozb posted:

Silenced shotguns are godly, especially with crits and grinder
I just tried this and holy poo poo, this owns.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

ClonedPickle posted:

Hit "Downloads" on the Navigation tab on the left and download the repository. It took me a few minutes to figure out myself, don't worry. From there just plop it in your BLT folder.

Just dropping it in the BLT folder doesn't appear to do anything. All I have is a LUA file in a directory and I am pretty sure this needs a mod.txt.

Edit: I was messing with some LUA to see what would happen if I say, made it so I could swing the great sword faster or punch absurdly fast, and I found myself running around with empty hands or holding a greatsword like a gun. I suspect this is because the time that the melee animation is set to last gets desynchronized from the actual animation (probably speed modifiers rounding decimals or just netcode screwing things up), resulting in it skipping whatever code loads the model of the gun you're using and/or deloads the melee weapon in question (ran around with a great sword bayonet a few times too).

Concordat fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jun 11, 2016

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Is there anything I can 'grind' other than short missions and Daily Side jobs (thank you to whomever it was that told me about those) to get more weapon mods? I would like to try shotguns or high concealment or anything really but I think you need weapon mods for any of that.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Bort Bortles posted:

Is there anything I can 'grind' other than short missions and Daily Side jobs (thank you to whomever it was that told me about those) to get more weapon mods? I would like to try shotguns or high concealment or anything really but I think you need weapon mods for any of that.

Install Goonmod and activate Gage Coins? You collect packages and every set gives you a coin to buy attachments/materials/masks with. All attachments are 1 coin each, so they come pretty quick.

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior
Goomod and other BLT mods are found here. The gage coins were the best addition to this game. I have a full page of Braniac masks and need to make another.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i really wish there was a better grind for my infamy 25 rear end

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Afraid of Audio posted:

i really wish there was a better grind for my infamy 25 rear end

Git goonmood, play deathwish with goons, hunt packages. You'll never look for mod drops again.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Discendo Vox posted:

What is it? You were wrong. Histironics about Overkill's updates aren't really warranted, especially when they've been especially attentive of late.

I see your point but still feel my skepticism was warranted. :shrug:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Based on early signage set up at E3, it's biker packs- plural. It also looks like they've got something to show for the Raid.

edit: texture leak from the biker character. Nothing too interesting, so I won't link it here- they're wearing (surprise) a leather biking jacket. There is some speculation, not really based on anything, that the Biker will be a) a character from TWD, or b) Francis from L4D.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 11, 2016

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I'm still holding out for a Clay Morrow character pack.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

Based on early signage set up at E3, it's biker packs- plural. It also looks like they've got something to show for the Raid.

edit: texture leak from the biker character. Nothing too interesting, so I won't link it here- they're wearing (surprise) a leather biking jacket. There is some speculation, not really based on anything, that the Biker will be a) a character from TWD, or b) Francis from L4D.

We already know what their bike looks like, so I would've thought that would prove/disprove any particular pre-existing character. Unless there's really that many biker-without-bike characters out there. I don't remember if they ever showed Francis' bike in that one L4D prequel comic.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Plan Z posted:

I'm still holding out for a Clay Morrow character pack.

Only if he's really voiced by Ron Pearlman.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
2.7k crits with the HE judge, winters comes and goes in two shots. :allears:

On another note, it's nice overkill added an outline to out of ammo sentries quickly but it lights up for everyone and only the owner can refill.

e:Pocohud for BLT has been updated recently, still hasn't fixed the errant health numbers.

Delacroix fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jun 11, 2016

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
For whatever reason, as soon as I heard there's a new biker heister my first reaction was to look and see if there's an Easy Rider remake coming out this year.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Can't wait for Nic Cage as Ghost Rider joining the crew, where do I send the money

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Discendo Vox posted:

i'm going to give you a wedge and write "gay' on your shirt in marker you nerd

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

HebrewMagic posted:

Can't wait for Nic Cage as Ghost Rider joining the crew, where do I send the money

We've been dying to announce our new collaboration, the Big Adventure Heists, including Paul Reubens voicing the newest member of the Payday gang, Pee Wee Herman.

Watch out for Doctor Smiles, because today's secret word is "up the stairs." :getin:

Edit: "And you know the drill, gang. When someone says the secret word, go loud!"

Meldonox fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 11, 2016

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I feel like Jokers AI is a lot dumber now, they crouch in dumb spots in the map and you should be able to yell at them like AI.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Meldonox posted:

For whatever reason, as soon as I heard there's a new biker heister my first reaction was to look and see if there's an Easy Rider remake coming out this year.

I dunno how you'd even remake that movie, for it was literally made and edited while on drugs.

For that matter, bags of LSD when, Overkill.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Look just give me a shot for shot remake of the really good far cry 3 mission with the weed burning as a1 day heist ovk

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

widespread posted:

I dunno how you'd even remake that movie, for it was literally made and edited while on drugs.

For that matter, bags of LSD when, Overkill.

Someone made a sequel

It's as bad as you imagine.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Grapplejack posted:

Someone made a sequel

The sky was crystal blue, just like 9/11.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

HebrewMagic posted:

Look just give me a shot for shot remake of the really good far cry 3 mission with the weed burning as a1 day heist ovk

that mission was five seconds long

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Someone made a sequel

:stonk: This is almost as bad as someone figuring out there's another Zoolander.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

widespread posted:

:stonk: This is almost as bad as someone figuring out there's another Zoolander.

There was a third Godfather movie.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

chairface posted:

There was a third Godfather movie.

Right but I knew that already. I liked the scene where the guys got shot up at Border Patrol or whatever it was.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Dear thread,

Please be kind to any refugees that choose to flee from the KF2 disaster zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Dear thread,

Please be kind to any refugees that choose to flee from the KF2 disaster zone.

wat