Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's actually my Xenoverse character, Mashedspud, Goku's grunkle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Burkion posted:

Videl's mom is an unseen character named Miguel who is dead as of the present.

If she HAS to be a character we already know, it makes no sense to make it Mai. It'd just be that woman he was hanging around with in the Cell games.

how dare you

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone knows that Launch is Videls mom, geez.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

multijoe posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a single piece of non-mainline Dragon Ball media which actually got Toriyama's aesthetics or storytelling. The entire fandom has grown up out of the deranged minds of 13 year old boys

To be fair to them, the most powerful character in DBM appears to be an old wizard who looks like he shriveled in the wash.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Interesting things in the Wikia category "Mothers". Can you guess which Namek-era villain is powered by child abuse?

Burter's mother does not appear in the series but is mentioned in a 1992 strategy guide for the RPG Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu, in which the Ginyu Force members explain about how their special powers originated during their childhood. Burter's mother was very strict with her son, making him do all the household chores and slapping him if he was late preparing dinner. Because of this, Burter became the "fastest in the Universe".[1]

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

projecthalaxy posted:

Interesting things in the Wikia category "Mothers". Can you guess which Namek-era villain is powered by child abuse?

Burter's mother does not appear in the series but is mentioned in a 1992 strategy guide for the RPG Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu, in which the Ginyu Force members explain about how their special powers originated during their childhood. Burter's mother was very strict with her son, making him do all the household chores and slapping him if he was late preparing dinner. Because of this, Burter became the "fastest in the Universe".[1]

Well, he might never be the fastest in the universe full stop, but he can definitely be the fastest chef!

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
So, in Heroes news, looks like Souja Boy has some unique design choices, and Trunks has... purple hair again:

Red belt, black and grey gi, only one earring. Strange.

But in another preview image:

He has the drat Power Pole!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Holy poo poo, that's a whole new level of awesome. I'm looking forward to this even more now.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Kurui Reiten posted:

I'm pretty sure it was stated that Hercule is actually the best martial artist on the planet among those who don't know how to use ki.

Nah, keep in mind the World Tournament is pretty much a festival and not a serious competition to determine Earth's strongest fighter, there are lots of strong people out there.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm legitimately excited to find out what the gently caress is going on with black goku

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Blockhouse posted:

I'm legitimately excited to find out what the gently caress is going on with black goku

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If he just has one earring maybe it's like an inverse potara and his lust for battle got separated from his love of food

And somewhere out there is Fat Goku eating his days away with the other earring in

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Maybe Black Goku just likes how he looks when wearing an earring?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I love Super just for how much the plot points come off like a 12 year old's fanfiction.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Only because so kany have been written it would be inevitable.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

They could have turned that Super Water thing into a whole arc if they tweaked it a little so you didn't fade away after being absorbed. Make it be on Earth and absorb all the Z-Fighters at the same time but in different places. They have to fight their clones with minimal backup or support, then maybe all the goop comes together to form an amalgamation monster and I just realized I'm describing a combination of Cell and Bio-Broly.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

New Leaf posted:

They could have turned that Super Water thing into a whole arc if they tweaked it a little so you didn't fade away after being absorbed. Make it be on Earth and absorb all the Z-Fighters at the same time but in different places. They have to fight their clones with minimal backup or support, then maybe all the goop comes together to form an amalgamation monster and I just realized I'm describing a combination of Cell and Bio-Broly.

Sounds too much like the Baby Arc in GT. I'm satisfied with the quick little arc we got featuring a handful of men and a couple of punches.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Sounds too much like the Baby Arc in GT. I'm satisfied with the quick little arc we got featuring a handful of men and a couple of punches.

Vegeta getting the pacifier was probably an intentional nod/mockery of it. Or just acknowledging how he acted like a big baby a lot. Maybe both!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I was thinking more Tien and Krillin and maybe even Yamcha and Roshi getting in on the action too.

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007

StrifeHira posted:

So, in Heroes news, looks like Souja Boy has some unique design choices, and Trunks has... purple hair again:

If he beats the poo poo out of somebody with the power pole he'll be the #1 villain.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So apparently the chick with future trunks is Mai............., which is interesting. Wonder why she is there...

From the translated interview with the Future Trunks VA: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-cast-comment-takeshi-kusao-future-trunks-arc/

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm pretty sure everyone already knew that.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

So apparently the chick with future trunks is Mai............., which is interesting. Wonder why she is there...

From the translated interview with the Future Trunks VA: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-cast-comment-takeshi-kusao-future-trunks-arc/

the more interesting thing from this is confirming that future trunks and kid trunks are going to hang out which is really the best thing we could hope for

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Augus posted:

I'm pretty sure everyone already knew that.

Sorry I thought it was simply assumed, not confirmed.

But Future Trunks interacting with Kid Trunks will be interesting you spoil sport.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it wasn't confirmed but that's like saying that maybe it wasn't really trunks because his hair is blue

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
His cousin Drunks

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Squallege posted:

His cousin Drunks

Turns out Gohan knocked up Bulma before he died to the Androids.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I feel so sorry for the woman that has to voice Yet Another loving Goku.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Momomo posted:

I feel so sorry for the woman that has to voice Yet Another loving Goku.

Do you think her grandkids make her do the voice?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

StrifeHira posted:

So I was mistaken on the second part. It's regular Goku, possibly "Xeno" Goku. And not gonna lie, I like this outfit.

Adding to that, Time Breaker Vegeta?

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

StrifeHira posted:

So I was mistaken on the second part. It's regular Goku, possibly "Xeno" Goku. And not gonna lie, I like this outfit.

Adding to that, Time Breaker Vegeta?

Original Characters DO NOT STEAL!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It's so weird to see Dragon Ball Heroes continue to make PS2 era character models for wholly original or more recent stuff

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
You know, I kinda forgot that for Future Trunks, Goku's dead and buried, permanently. So this whatever-it-is is either wearing his body or is using the form for shock value.

....You think you need both earrings to fuse with a dead body?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Kelp Plankton posted:

It's so weird to see Dragon Ball Heroes continue to make PS2 era character models for wholly original or more recent stuff

They're not quite that bad! Look at Goku's muscles, you can't even see the polygon corners anymore. That means it has a higher polycount density than a PS2 game could handle.

His visible thumb looks... Odd though.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jun 11, 2016

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

For those who didn't know, Temple of Trunks is sorta back?

https://twitter.com/TempleOTrunks/status/730189342908530688

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Being Trunks is suffering.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

New Episode spoilerino

RIP Mai waifu. So much for "major role", though she is in the OP a bunch.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

El Burbo posted:

New Episode spoilerino

RIP Mai waifu. So much for "major role", though she is in the OP a bunch.

Does her voice actress voice Young Mai as well, because that could be who she's talking about

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

this loving rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't give a poo poo how serious this arc ends up being, I DEMAND the Goku vs Goku Black showdown include the phrase "stop hitting yourself" because I am an unoriginal fuckface and I thrive off that poo poo.

EDIT: I cursed a lot to both show my support for adding too much color into translations, and also to show how serious I am about this.:colbert:

• Locked thread