Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Hahaha that got pretty dark quickly.

"Man, I died. I came to the end of the universe, got betrayed by Nova-kun, had my heart's love shoplifted, and died a pathetic death. It's all over. Never to be continued."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Inferno Cop will break Luluco out of the afterlife, Mom and Dad Luluco will beat up the black holes together, and Luluco will learn her lesson that though her love may be dumb and shallow, it is not worthless and turn Nova into a Real Boy.

These are my predictions

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

All while Pipo Password plays in the background

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

El Burbo posted:

Inferno Cop will break Luluco out of the afterlife, Mom and Dad Luluco will beat up the black holes together, and Luluco will learn her lesson that though her love may be dumb and shallow, it is not worthless and turn Nova into a Real Boy.

These are my predictions

El Burbo posted:

All while Pipo Password plays in the background

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
She's going to throw Nova into a black hole, because he's a shitboy and that's what he deserves

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's not nova's fault he was born on a planet of people who don't care about anything and then got enslaved by a black hole

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

savage af

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

RIP luluco, she was just too ordinary.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at an anime.

"A reckless, ignorant middle schooler's first love is the most worthless, trashy garbage in the universe."

I could spend the rest of my life trolling dumb anime romances, and never come up with a better burn than this episode was.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Oh good, and here I was wondering all that time if they're actually gonna play the romance angle straight. Of course they wouldn't. This is glorious.

God, I love the Blackholeian. "What if what's most valuable is actually that without any value?!" Terrifingly incomprehensible indeed.
Lalaco's discover her hidden Good Mom qualities and punch te Blackholeian with her husband, and Luluco gets to dunk on Nova

Also, I love how Over Justice is clearly a 2D cutout all the time

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Those alien fucks have no idea at all how the human body works. lmao

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I actually thought that was goal of the space pirates all along. Didn't realize that it was considered worthless though.

Still, good series. Hopefully their next one is Turning Girls 2.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Hace posted:

She's going to throw Nova into a black hole, because he's a shitboy and that's what he deserves

He was a garbage-tier husbando anyway.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It occurs to me that this episode ties together the fact that the entire series is about desires and how they define you. Like, it's normal for characters to have desires but everyone in the show is defined by a single desire each. Dad just wants to raise a good, normal daughter, Over Justice wants to bring justice to the universe, Midori wants monetary wealth and power, etc, etc. The only real two exceptions to that is Luluco and Nova. Nova's got no desires, to the point where it makes him a villain and Luluco is busy deciding if she wants to be a normal girl, romance Nova, get Ogikubo back, or something else entirely. Ogikubo is basically a metaphor at this point since it's apparently in a box as well as being a city.

I figure the ending isn't necessarily going to be Luluco finding love as it is going to be her finding out exactly what she wants.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Ramos posted:

It occurs to me that this episode ties together the fact that the entire series is about desires and how they define you. Like, it's normal for characters to have desires but everyone in the show is defined by a single desire each. Dad just wants to raise a good, normal daughter, Over Justice wants to bring justice to the universe, Midori wants monetary wealth and power, etc, etc. The only real two exceptions to that is Luluco and Nova. Nova's got no desires, to the point where it makes him a villain and Luluco is busy deciding if she wants to be a normal girl, romance Nova, get Ogikubo back, or something else entirely. Ogikubo is basically a metaphor at this point since it's apparently in a box as well as being a city.

I figure the ending isn't necessarily going to be Luluco finding love as it is going to be her finding out exactly what she wants.

I think the search for Ogikubo is itself a search for normalcy.

It would be hard, I think, for her to feel normal anywhere else.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

but what did lucy desire

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Man, why didn't I see it sooner. Nova really was always nothing.

Alpha Omega Nova

The Beginning, The End, Nova

Nothing, Nothing, ...uh...

Just wait. In the finale, once Luluco realizes what she truly wants, she's going to leave something behind that Nova ends up using that will cause an explosion to take out those blackholian jerks. That something is totally going to be another Ogikubo.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I wonder if Luluco will be maybe the first romance anime to end with her single and happy, that's be a twist.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The thread title is quite apt.

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

justice is a miracle

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
There's something offputtingly fun of him being so chill.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Thank you Inferno Cop for helping save budget. Now the next two episodes can probably just go hog wild with the animation. You're a true hero of justice.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I laughed so hard when he ate the first thing. AOTY.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
If only everyone could get relationship advice from Inferno Cop.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
luluco has saved anime today

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Why did Inferno Cop become so sullen...

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

El Burbo posted:

Why did Inferno Cop become so sullen...

He's probably just nostalgic for his younger days in the Space Patrol. After all, he's 21. Practically a skeleton!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
nova doesn't care when he kisses luluco, the question is how he will feel when luluco kisses nova

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I always crack up at this kind of funeral gag, Downtown sourced or not. A BR set of this please.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Absolute spoiler image for this episode

My sides

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

The Colonel posted:

nova doesn't care when he kisses luluco, the question is how he will feel when luluco kisses nova

why would he mind either way

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i bet he'll agree allow himself to be dated by luluco.

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
Not enough flaming skeleton yelling this episode but I'll take what I can get of IC.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Hmmm... yup I'd watch a prequel spinoff of Inferno Cop in his Space Patrol early days.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It seems that after stopping the Third Destroy Finale and killing Claudia with Devil's Satan Hellhound Grenda's Kind Hand at the cost of his life, Inferno Cop resigned himself to inspiring justice on a more personal level by guiding wayward souls in Hell.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
A young girl's first love is not worthless, after all.

Looks like all you cynics just got put in your place. :smugbert:

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Command Ant posted:

A young girl's first love is not worthless, after all.

Looks like all you cynics just got put in your place. :smugbert:

I had exactly the opposite reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conro101
Jan 6, 2012

Dr. Conro James Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
I'm glad to see that the Ogikubo branch of Space Patrol was originally the ICPD, but I like to think even when they had a huge building in Jack Knife Edge Town, it was still just Inferno Cop and Over Justice as the only two people working there

• Locked thread