Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

My charger cable is also extremely frayed but I've noticed it will still charge if I think hard enough about anime

I genuinely couldn't think any harder about anime if I tried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ruggington posted:

Sounds like a real defeatist attitude.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Wrap it in a body pillow and maybe it will fill up with anime power by osmosis.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ruggington posted:

1. Hold your vita firmly with both hands (remove any grips, you need direct contact)
2. Focus on this image for 15-20 seconds

3. Focus on your Vita's battery icon for 10 seconds
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until your Vita is fully charged

This method doesn't even require the charger to be plugged in

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Genuinely impressed that you've played your vita enough to fray the cable

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

InfinityComplex posted:

Has anyone bought and played Atelier Sophie yet?

I considered but I'd really rather get the PS4 since I don't want to deal with possible slowdowns. Also I still need to save up money for the PS4 and P5 CE :atlus:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

lets hang out posted:

Genuinely impressed that you've played your vita enough to fray the cable

you've severely underestimated my power

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

1. Hold your vita firmly with both hands (remove any grips, you need direct contact)
2. Focus on this image for 15-20 seconds

3. Focus on your Vita's battery icon for 10 seconds
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until your Vita is fully charged

This method doesn't even require the charger to be plugged in

hmm I was doing this but with a picture of motoko kusanagi, lemme try this out

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ruggington posted:

hmm I was doing this but with a picture of motoko kusanagi, lemme try this out

you're forgetting the most important step

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG2R8LqnLOs

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

if all you boys and girls at home hope really hard, we can play odin sphere again

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Morpheus posted:

Did that do that in the original Japanese version? Because there's definitely been localizations of other games that change girls' ages or omit them entirely because of the things they were being portrayed doing.

Some people at XSEED are fairly adamant when it comes to keeping the high school girls of Senran Kagura as they are, so when games list their ages, they just omit them entirely. One of the spokespeople was pretty proud that Bon Appetit didn't have to be "censored", because the game didn't list ages at all.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

InfinityComplex posted:

I bought it and just got to the part were the book becomes a real doll. The alchemy definitely lost a lot of customization over Shallie and E&L. The alchemy is just a big puzzle, and the pieces can't actually be flipped or rotated without a new cauldron being synthesized. At such a low level it's a choice between horizontal and vertical flips. While there are alchemy books given, I have yet to see one in a store. Most recipes are obtained individually through defeating a monster or interacting with an object and is pretty much a linear path.

Exploration is also changed significantly. The fields regenerate items and enemies are based on the time of day and a difficulty meter that slowly ticks higher. New areas are obtained mainly through completing requirements for a key alchemy item and a couple come from friend events. There is no sense of finishing an area to move on to the next one and it's easy to get high quality items while avoiding battle. I think my highest character is LV 11 right now. Probably one of the nicer things is that items can be used by all characters. No more having a chef unable to eat a piece of pie to recover without a little girl handing it to him.

The story is pretty standard fare, though it's more focused on Sophie getting better and getting back her book's memories. I really can't comment on it for now.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dehry posted:

I bought it and just got to the part were the book becomes a real doll.
Read that as "realdoll" at first, but that would be too insightful of the demographic

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dehry posted:

I bought it and just got to the part were the book becomes a real doll. The alchemy definitely lost a lot of customization over Shallie and E&L. The alchemy is just a big puzzle, and the pieces can't actually be flipped or rotated without a new cauldron being synthesized. At such a low level it's a choice between horizontal and vertical flips. While there are alchemy books given, I have yet to see one in a store. Most recipes are obtained individually through defeating a monster or interacting with an object and is pretty much a linear path.

Exploration is also changed significantly. The fields regenerate items and enemies are based on the time of day and a difficulty meter that slowly ticks higher. New areas are obtained mainly through completing requirements for a key alchemy item and a couple come from friend events. There is no sense of finishing an area to move on to the next one and it's easy to get high quality items while avoiding battle. I think my highest character is LV 11 right now. Probably one of the nicer things is that items can be used by all characters. No more having a chef unable to eat a piece of pie to recover without a little girl handing it to him.

The story is pretty standard fare, though it's more focused on Sophie getting better and getting back her book's memories. I really can't comment on it for now.

You can craft a cauldron that does full rotation as soon as you get customization and honestly should. A 6x6 full-rotation cauldron is way more powerful than a 4x4 no-rotation

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

Read that as "realdoll" at first, but that would be too insightful of the demographic

The puppeteer making the doll made Sophie very uncomfortable when talking about designing it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, uncomfortable in the pants

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sorry

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Boo, boo this man.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I made a thread, for ODIN SPHERE

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779601&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post460888431

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I will post in it when it comes out here in two weeks

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I will post in it when it comes out here in two weeks

oops, I keep forgetting about Europe

just like the rest of the videogame industry

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Erg posted:

oops, I keep forgetting about Europe

just like the rest of the videogame industry

Edit: Im a dummy and missed the sub text

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tbf I could just buy it off the US PSN and it would probably work out cheaper. I like to support releases of niche games here though unless there's an utterly ridiculous wait.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Saoshyant posted:

Oopsie. Really did think I read somewhere that they weren't going to bother with the Vita version. Probably some other game.

You're thinking of the ps3

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Looks like Odin Sphere + Vita is a thing that unless you already have it, it's not happening except on the aftermarket.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is Sophie a good game for someone new to the series? I'm not really familiar with the mechanics in these games or the plot (any good?).

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

InfinityComplex posted:

sophie actually looks worse than the last couple of games imo, it's a shame

Kingtheninja posted:

Is Sophie a good game for someone new to the series? I'm not really familiar with the mechanics in these games or the plot (any good?).

if you have a PS3, get atelier escha & logy for a super good intro to the series. great cast, great setting, and a fairly polished delivery

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh, it pretty simple to pick up and play but it's probably not the best entry point, feels really stripped down and missing stuff from the previous trilogy. The story is virtually nonexistent, it's literally a slice of life anime where you occasionally have to craft some stuff or kill some monsters in between hanging out with your friends.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

New Odin Sphere is a good game, everybody should get it and also read that thread.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Has anyone tried the vita adaptation of XCOM 2012? Is it any good?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Its unstable, and even with compromises in visuals, the framerate sucks, but playable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhWwZ0z-ilw

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Yesterday I visited my local retailer just to find they've stopped stocking anything Vita-related, not that they had a lot but still

:rip:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yesterday I visited my local retailer just to find they've stopped stocking anything Vita-related, not that they had a lot but still

:rip:
It's sad that the vita is dying here in México, I can't even find 8 GB cards anymore (local retailers).

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Waltzing Along posted:

Looks like Odin Sphere + Vita is a thing that unless you already have it, it's not happening except on the aftermarket.

What are you talking about?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I think they were hoping for an official Odin Sphere bundle

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

I just picked up a PSTV at Walmart for 19.98. Figured I'd have an extra device to play these things on in case my Vita dies.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Txn posted:

It's sad that the vita is dying here in México, I can't even find 8 GB cards anymore (local retailers).
lol I could barely ever find it outside of Gamestop even in the US, nobody gives a poo poo about Vita

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

New information and trailer for Atelier Firis

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/atelier-firis-details-ilmeria-revy-more
http://gematsu.com/2016/06/atelier-firis-debut-trailer

Looks a lot nicer than Sophie to me.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Are the Atelier games any good?

CrashCat posted:

lol I could barely ever find it outside of Gamestop even in the US, nobody gives a poo poo about Vita

When I was in Japan last they had like, a whole shelf of games for it in a store I went to!

It shared real estate with the PS3, sure, but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anatharon posted:

Are the Atelier games any good?

I like crafting games and if you like crafting too... then maybe? I played E&L+ and thought it was entertaining.