Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
While most diplomatic matters could probably be resolved via thinkagram, trying to negotiate during an ongoing trial doesn't seem like one of them. Since the Great Minds aren't going to be leaving the MK, that means Bonnie has to return to it, which raises the question of how exactly the portals work - are Archons considered casters? Is being Decrypted sufficient to gain entry? Would they hire a carny to do a one-off enchant on the portal? Would any of this force trial questioning on how Charlie's Archons got into the MK in the first place?

A.o.D. posted:

Maybe the that guy is an archon from before Charlie attuned the arkendish, and didn't care for the way he was running things?

He's explicitly identified as a free caster t;hat prefers Royalist sides in one of the bonus materials, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I bet there's at least half a dozen vampires hanging out above Vanna. I can't wait to see what the good Don has in store for her.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Carrasco posted:

If she's lucky.

It's easy to forget because of his face and demeanor and the general circumstances, but this is still a vampire baring his fangs at someone who just walked to dinner with him alone. And there's no food on those plates.

I wonder if vampire units have innate turnamancy?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Llab posted:

I bet there's at least half a dozen vampires hanging out above Vanna. I can't wait to see what the good Don has in store for her.

Actually, not all that much, it turns out.

Ok now, time out, I'm officially confused. Somebody please fill out this chart for me:

code:
Does X know that Y?         | Don | Vanna | Bunny | Charlie
-----------------------------------------------------------
That Charlie is watching    |     |       |       |        
That Bunny is watching      |     |       |       |        
That Don is lying           |     |       |       |        
That Vanna's cover is blown |     |       |       |        

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
As far as I understand things, where "S" is just suspicion:

code:
Does X know that Y?         | Don | Vanna | Bunny | Charlie
-----------------------------------------------------------
That Charlie is watching    |     |   X   |       |   X     
That Bunny is watching      |  X  |       |   X   |   S    
That Don is lying           |  X  |   X   |   X   |   X    
That Vanna's cover is blown |  X  |   S   |   X   |   S     
I don't imagine either Don or Bunny would suspect that Charlie can spy through Vanna since neither's a Thinkamancer, but they might? Charlie's smart enough to assume that Bunny might be, I'm not sure if Vanna would've considered it.

I can't remember if we ever saw if Charlie was explicit about there being prisoners there, that one I'm least sure about, but turning Parson again has to at least be one of Charlie's goals I'd think. Either way though, Vanna'd be stupid to not at least suspect her cover might be blown if she thinks Don might be lying to her.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I can't recall, did the Great Minds consider the news about Charlie being Carny important enough to inform Bunny despite her ostracization? If so she could suspect he's watching.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I think it's less certain that Vanna and Charlie know that Don is lying. I can't remember if Charlie has independent confirmation about the prisoners beyond Vanna's intel, but the giant MK-covering thinkablast thing (along with the technical difficulties Lilith caused him) might have screwed up both his magical and human intelligence about where Parson et al scuttled off to after the fight.

Plus, Bill is a pretty huge creep.

Bruceski posted:

I can't recall, did the Great Minds consider the news about Charlie being Carny important enough to inform Bunny despite her ostracization? If so she could suspect he's watching.

Probably not, and either way him being a Carny doesn't really have anything to do with his spying abilities--that's all the Arkendish. I think they both probably know Charlie can hack the bats' livestreams, which is why Don bothered having so many around as an audience to this little performance.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I don't think anybody knows that Charlie can hack into Natural Thinkamancy. Even the fact that he can hack Thinkagrams is super secret as far as the Great Minds are concerned.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

I don't think anybody knows that Charlie can hack into Natural Thinkamancy. Even the fact that he can hack Thinkagrams is super secret as far as the Great Minds are concerned.

Hmm, right. Don probably doesn't know, but maybe the Great Minds told Bunny, and she was the one responsible for arranging the bats. It would make sense to give her some intel like that now that she's in on bringing down Charlescomm.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Carrasco posted:

I think it's less certain that Vanna and Charlie know that Don is lying. I can't remember if Charlie has independent confirmation about the prisoners beyond Vanna's intel, but the giant MK-covering thinkablast thing (along with the technical difficulties Lilith caused him) might have screwed up both his magical and human intelligence about where Parson et al scuttled off to after the fight.

Don't forget about Charlie and Jojo's plot, though, the whole thing with Benjamin; that wouldn't make any sense if Charlie didn't know that Transylvito had Parson.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Idran posted:

Don't forget about Charlie and Jojo's plot, though, the whole thing with Benjamin; that wouldn't make any sense if Charlie didn't know that Transylvito had Parson.

Right, but Charlie's source for that information (as best I can remember, anyway) is Vanna telling him on that same page, and Vanna's intel has now been called into question.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Carrasco posted:

Right, but Charlie's source for that information (as best I can remember, anyway) is Vanna telling him on that same page, and Vanna's intel has now been called into question.

Charlie's source for that information was listening in on Bonnie's call to Don King about Don King changing his mind on the two million offer. This whole charade is to give an "official" way for him to know about it to hide the fact that he can listen in on thinkagrams.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

reignonyourparade posted:

This whole charade is to give an "official" way for him to know about it to hide the fact that he can listen in on thinkagrams.

Except Vanna isn't officially working for him.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Cat Mattress posted:

Except Vanna isn't officially working for him.

But it would still obfuscate the true source of the knowledge all the same. Vanna being a turncoat is mundane, it's within the parameters of what people know to be possible. She could also easily cover it up by leaking it to units in Faq when she got back, thereby seeding multiple potential sources of the knowledge as well as handing Charlie a potential lever to use on Faq later.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Charlie wants to plant seeds of plausible doubt about his sources. Just sucks for him that there's a sort-of magic 8-ball spoiling his shenanigans.

Mniot
May 22, 2003
Not the one you know

Charlie's source for that information was listening in on Bonnie's call to Don King about Don King changing his mind on the two million offer. This whole charade is to give an "official" way for him to know about it to hide the fact that he can listen in on thinkagrams.

I thought Charlie's source was his spy among the Great Minds (Roger), who saw Parson go through the portal: http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+3/139

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Jesus poo poo.

So the previous description of how she became Bad was "she broke an oath for reasons of love", right? Because that's...not accurate, even in the "from a certain point of view" sense.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

It is, its just from the wrong side. Bill loved her, or thought he did. Bunny went "Bad" to protect herself from his "love".

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Carrasco posted:

Jesus poo poo.

So the previous description of how she became Bad was "she broke an oath for reasons of love", right? Because that's...not accurate, even in the "from a certain point of view" sense.

She got a warning out of love of discovery, as she revealed secrets to Bill in an attempt at research and experiments with combined magic.

Then she triggered the punishment when she broke her oath not to say anything anymore about this to anyone when she told Ponzie what was happening to her and the doll, and the "certain point of view" here is that she willingly broke the oath because she felt she could trust Ponzie with these secrets because she loved him.

It's definitely not about the relationship between her and Bill, it's about the relationship between her and Science! in the first part, and then between her and Ponzie in the second.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, uh, if any ErfWorld page ever deserved a trigger warning, I'm pretty sure it's that one.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, uh, if any ErfWorld page ever deserved a trigger warning, I'm pretty sure it's that one.

Yeah, I'm sort of letting myself get distracted by canon quibbling here, but I don't know if there's anything more to say than "jesus poo poo" to the rest.

Normally a line like "I think Prince Ponzie mighta been a sicker flip than Bill" would be some kind of false moral equivalence, but the position Bill was in when Caesar entered the room...well, jesus poo poo.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

And to think that Don wants another heir... gently caress it, I'm on Caesar's side. He might be an angry and violent little gently caress, but he's not Ponzie.

Now let Maggie convince Caesar (via the doll) to plot with Parson, and use Parson's plan to overthrow Don - and then GK gets at least an ally of convenience against Faq.

e. Also, because in needs to be said, Jesus poo poo.

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 4, 2016

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Here

Caeser wishes he was free to swear now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Onmi posted:

Here

Caeser wishes he was free to swear now.
Everything is coming down around Charlie's ears, and it's wonderful.

But, at the same time, it's almost coming down too much. For there to be any tension, there's going to have to be a conflict. And I think the only thing scarier than a Charlie totally in control is a Charlie fighting like a caged animal.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Everything is coming down around Charlie's ears, and it's wonderful.

But, at the same time, it's almost coming down too much. For there to be any tension, there's going to have to be a conflict. And I think the only thing scarier than a Charlie totally in control is a Charlie fighting like a caged animal.

I mean said turnamancer who managed to turn entire tribes mid-battle is currently alone. With the king. And Vinny is off on his own, in Faq. So there's no guarantee that everything will go swimmingly.

If Vanna turns the king. IF she can turn the King. Then Transylvisto is going to have a problem.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jun 7, 2016

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The tribe wasn't turned by turnamancer magic, but by negotiation with Charlie, no?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
e: nvm

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

nimby posted:

The tribe wasn't turned by turnamancer magic, but by negotiation with Charlie, no?

It was turned by Arkendish Super Charged Link with Vana. So that's a Thinkamancer, a Weirdomancer, and a Turnamancer.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's likely that kind of negotiation is a form of (natural?) turnamancy, anyways. Turnamancy is about motivations, after all.

And I don't really think it's all falling down just yet. If anything it's setting it up so GK actually has a chance in hell of actively opposing a Charlie that will be more concerned with wiping GK out than keeping operational secrecy.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

One: knowledge is power. Two: while this seems like it would really help the Thinkamancers, in practice it seems like more theater--giving Clarence an excuse to know what he knows about Charlescomm. (Especially if the deal is that Clarence personally receives the information, in which case it's not giving away anything Clarence doesn't already know, it lets him lie and distort as he sees fit, and it tells Charlie what exactly GK knows about him now.)

Three: being stuck in a room full of guns making bullets all day is like Sizemore's own personal hell.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Carrasco posted:

Three: being stuck in a room full of guns making bullets all day is like Sizemore's own personal hell.

It's worse than that. He's chief caster now, which generally puts you in charge of magic. He presumably ASSIGNED HIMSELF to being stuck in a room full of guns making bullets all day because Duty.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

It's worse than that. He's chief caster now, which generally puts you in charge of magic. He presumably ASSIGNED HIMSELF to being stuck in a room full of guns making bullets all day because Duty.

He's a smart enough man to know that if Charlie has these, Erfworld is tucked unless stopped.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
What do you do with units locked in a peace-binding spell? You can assign warlords to a city to reduce upkeep costs, but line infantry can't do anything. If I was playing a strategy game and got handed a bunch of them I'd probably disband them to save on upkeep.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Presumably the peace-binding wears off after a while? The regular soldiers are never getting out of the Magic Kingdom anyways, thanks to the portals. This is purely to get Wanda, decrypted Archons, and maybe decrypted Marie if that happens out.

I'm surprised, I figured the trial would for sure be the next arc.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

The trial's been happening this whole time, it just hasn't been interesting enough to directly show. (Which is reasonable, considering how many other balls are in the air)

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Superstring posted:

Presumably the peace-binding wears off after a while? The regular soldiers are never getting out of the Magic Kingdom anyways, thanks to the portals. This is purely to get Wanda, decrypted Archons, and maybe decrypted Marie if that happens out.

I'm surprised, I figured the trial would for sure be the next arc.

It might be the case that units can get out of the magic kingdom no problem, which would make sense to allow Dirtamancers and Dollamancers to sell golems to sides. Nobody was surprised that the army man they made could go INTO charlescom after all.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Oh yeah, that's true.

Carrasco posted:

The trial's been happening this whole time, it just hasn't been interesting enough to directly show. (Which is reasonable, considering how many other balls are in the air)

I was looking forward to Parson making objections and laterally thinking his way out of convictions tho. :(

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Plus we already had a big trial, Wanda was even involved with it. Could be fun, but I don't know we'd see or learn all that much from it especially when interesting things are happening elsewhere.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Huh. It's a little detail, but Vinny knowing to nod to Albert and then Duncan is the kind of thing that makes him Transylvito's ambassador.

Also, am I misremembering, or did we just cut from Ansom being at Jetstone to Ansom being here without any kind of resolution to the former? (The last thing I remember of that storyline was Tramennis saying Parson should come through the portal to Jetstone, so it's understandable that storyline got cut off. Probably just gonna be covered by a quick flashback where Ansom was awkwardly waiting around that crappy room for a few turns.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The website is turning into a fan site for itself, and getting less mobile friendly.