Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I'm debating helmet and glove colors too.

Also, that EZ goal net with backstop is down to $89 on Amazon. Freaking sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Nostratic posted:

I'm debating helmet and glove colors too.

Also, that EZ goal net with backstop is down to $89 on Amazon. Freaking sold.

Holy poo poo that's an insane deal. I canceled my HG order for $135 and bought it on Amazon for $114 two days ago.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Here thread, have a thunderdome game:
http://stats.rv.zev.net/oss-scoresheet.php?game_id=17511

172 minutes on 38 penalties. What's funny is that one ref called 36 of those penalties, and the other called 2.

I got hooked so hard it broke skin on my forearm. No call, of course.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

loving mutant league poo poo right there.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like how the goalie was pulled.

"We can win this guys! Let's do it!! Oh wait no let's just fight instead."

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
You need to start a YouTube series or call vice and have them do a story on your league. I've never seen such consistently terrible games in any league I've ever been a part of.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

DeNofa posted:

How do we feel about white helmets? Guy I play with has a Krown 360 that is too big for his normal head but appropriate for my big fat head. I'm worried it'll clash with all of my black gear and I won't look cooooooool.

gently caress it, use mismatching gear. Hell I even put pink tape on the sides of my helmet because I have exactly the same helmet as another guy, so I worry about us swapping helmets and never knowing :tinfoil:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

xzzy posted:

I like how the goalie was pulled.

"We can win this guys! Let's do it!! Oh wait no let's just fight instead."

We were only down by 1 when we pulled the goalie?

Verman posted:

You need to start a YouTube series or call vice and have them do a story on your league. I've never seen such consistently terrible games in any league I've ever been a part of.

I actually used to GoPro and YouTube all the games for my other team, but got sick of editing all the video.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I wear dark blue sweatpants with black pants and red/white/blue gloves, then our team sweaters are the tuxedo ones, somehow I still manage to play hockey but I'm not sure how

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

We were only down by 1 when we pulled the goalie?

Yes, and instead of scoring, fights broke out. That's my point.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

xzzy posted:

Yes, and instead of scoring, fights broke out. That's my point.

No, they got an empty-netter. The fight happened with 6 seconds left after they were up by 2.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

172 minutes on 38 penalties. What's funny is that one ref called 36 of those penalties, and the other called 2.

This isn't in MN is it? What an absolute poo poo show, no ones heard the "We all have to go to work tomorrow" beer league saying?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

bewbies posted:

I wear dark blue sweatpants with black pants and red/white/blue gloves, then our team sweaters are the tuxedo ones, somehow I still manage to play hockey but I'm not sure how

Yeah but what color is your helmet? This is key.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Broke my stick tonight. Wasn't doing a cool slapshot either, just got caught in the gap between the door and wall of the penalty box.

Pretty angry, haven't had that one long. I realised it was caught and let go of it and another guy skated full speed into it, went flying over/through it. I mean in hindsight its kind of funny but this was my favourite one. Ah well, time to buy another

E: I mean now that i've calmed down it was the best session i've ever had. I scored, got a couple of assists and blocked 4/5 shots. :unsmith:

dogstile fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 10, 2016

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

True story, the one time I went to Roseville involved not one but two threats from people who claimed to know outlaw bikers. (I was there on a motorcycle ride, so maybe vaguely offering to get your rear end kicked in some contextually-related fashion is just how the locals say hi.)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

dogstile posted:

Pretty angry, haven't had that one long. I realised it was caught and let go of it and another guy skated full speed into it, went flying over/through it. I mean in hindsight its kind of funny but this was my favourite one. Ah well, time to buy another

:rip: your stick but oh man I would have loved to have seen that.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

dogstile posted:

Broke my stick tonight. Wasn't doing a cool slapshot either, just got caught in the gap between the door and wall of the penalty box.

E: I mean now that i've calmed down it was the best session i've ever had. I scored, got a couple of assists and blocked 4/5 shots. :unsmith:

Board gaps have killed more sticks than crappy slashes. True story :)

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

dogstile posted:

I'm still mad I lost one of my Stealth RSII's to a board gap and it's been almost 2 years since it happened.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005

dogstile posted:

I was hoping you were going to say it clothes lined someone.

That sucks. I've seen it happen but never had it happen personally ... knock on wood.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah coming back to it after a nights sleep it just means i'll be able to change up my flex a little (I was using 100, might go to 90, not sure yet).

I keep watching the guy go flying through it in my head and chuckling. I'm going to remember this for a long time.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Buy a go pro
Try and recreate it
Put on youtube
Post it here
:love:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I lost my favorite Louisville stick eons ago to board gap at the door to the bench. Snapped that magnificent curve right off, and could never find a replacement :(

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Nostratic posted:

I lost my favorite Louisville stick eons ago to board gap at the door to the bench. Snapped that magnificent curve right off, and could never find a replacement :(

What was the curve? For the most part I've never been without my preferrence, though I don't have any stick brand loyalty. Whoever makes a reasonabally cheap RH P88 Lie6 gets my dollars. For reference, that's the Modano/Zetterberg curve.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Well, I have a tourney tomorrow, so instead of grabbing the warrior stick I had (covert qr5, i'm cheap) I grabbed a warrior dynasty HD4 with actually seems to be designed for one timers and slapshots. Hopefully I don't break it straight away!

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

delpheye posted:

What was the curve? For the most part I've never been without my preferrence, though I don't have any stick brand loyalty. Whoever makes a reasonabally cheap RH P88 Lie6 gets my dollars. For reference, that's the Modano/Zetterberg curve.

IIRC it was the Tkachuk curve. I've gotten used to other curves since then, but it might be fun to try it out again.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I got all my hockey stuff finally! I start doing hockey fundamentals Monday the 20th. Woooo it's happening

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

RC Cola posted:

I got all my hockey stuff finally! I start doing hockey fundamentals Monday the 20th. Woooo it's happening

WITNESS.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Nostratic posted:

IIRC it was the Tkachuk curve. I've gotten used to other curves since then, but it might be fun to try it out again.

pretty sure not

http://www.hockeygiant.com/bladechart.html

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

RC Cola posted:

Hockey is fun dude. You're gonna have fun. :hfive: Even in the dumpster leagues it's rad as hell

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Tales from the Thunderdome:
http://youtu.be/aEd7S_UXurg

Start at 1:10.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Was expecting dismemberment. But pretty drat good shot.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005

That's the least violent thing that's come out of that league.

How long did it take for them to clean it up and replace the glass? I'm guessing they don't have it down like nhl crews.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

They canceled all the games on the rink that night. Guess they didn't have same day Prime on that glass.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Yeah, it was circa 1995 when I broke it, so I'm not surprised it's retired. Oh well.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

So I'm going to an inline rink tomorrow for roller hockey. My friend is coming and only has outdoor tires. Do you need indoor tires? Or is it just recommended?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

RC Cola posted:

So I'm going to an inline rink tomorrow for roller hockey. My friend is coming and only has outdoor tires. Do you need indoor tires? Or is it just recommended?

It can depend some on the specific surface, but generally speaking, you need them.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
He might be slipping around but it totally depends on the surface.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Hit the net!

They really cancelled? They didn't have any spare panes? Even my shithole rink has spare glass around. At least a shot broke it. We had like a 45 minute delay because some try hard rear end in a top hat didn't score on a shot so he tomahawked the corner glass and busted it. He sheepishly went and sat on the bench with his head down while everybody made fun of him. We were saying that he should also have a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct but the refs said he felt bad enough as it was and didn't need a penalty on top of it, WTF?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I played roller hockey today with my brother in law. It was fun. I am bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

bigbillystyle posted:

Hit the net!

They really cancelled? They didn't have any spare panes? Even my shithole rink has spare glass around. At least a shot broke it. We had like a 45 minute delay because some try hard rear end in a top hat didn't score on a shot so he tomahawked the corner glass and busted it. He sheepishly went and sat on the bench with his head down while everybody made fun of him. We were saying that he should also have a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct but the refs said he felt bad enough as it was and didn't need a penalty on top of it, WTF?
We don't have spare panes of plexiglass but they'll put a temporary piece of wood up so play can continue.