Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

chitoryu12 posted:

Aren't there incredibly few murders of police on the job relative to the number of cops out there? Like in 2013 it was 33 cops shot to death out of hundreds of thousands of sworn officers.

They are still afraid of being gunned down by a barely literate retard with no comprehension if the law.

Kind of like how civilians feel during traffic stops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

They are still afraid of being gunned down by a barely literate retard with no comprehension if the law.

:drat:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Chichevache posted:

:iceburn:

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also the perennial favourite: fat guy angry that he's much too heavy for the pogo to work even once

I don't know anything about pogo sticks, but do they not have some kind of grippy material on the end of the stick? Half of those fails were the stick sliding out from under the person, that seems like a terrible design!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
They were probably pushing down on the handles, meaning that when they bounced up they were pushing the pogo stick away from them. You're supposed to pull up because that pulls the foot-grips into your feet.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Kurieg posted:

They were probably pushing down on the handles, meaning that when they bounced up they were pushing the pogo stick away from them. You're supposed to pull up because that pulls the foot-grips into your feet.

artsy fartsy posted:

that seems like a terrible design!

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

Testekill posted:

They've actually come to Australia outside of the one clip of the guy screaming "I DO NOT CONSENT" at a cop; a friend of my sister works as a Police Officer and told me about how there had been a dude who had worked with the Melbourne Metropolitan railway services (Metro) who kept a master key for the switchboxes after he had been let go. The guy was basically holding the key for ransom unless he got a couple of million in silver and pulling the usual sovereign citizen poo poo..
Mind you this is only broad strokes as I haven't talked to my sisters friend in ages so I'll have to ask him about more of the details.

Silver? Is a love of silver something I missed about these types?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

chitoryu12 posted:

Aren't there incredibly few murders of police on the job relative to the number of cops out there? Like in 2013 it was 33 cops shot to death out of hundreds of thousands of sworn officers.

Yeah but that’s because most of the people they interact with aren’t sovereign citizens.

Most barbecues don’t end in injury, but if you hear “hold my beer and watch this”, you’d better believe the danger goes up.

Ovo posted:

They love precious metals, or anything that’s not greenbacks, really.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 23:20 on Jun 11, 2016

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Ovo posted:

Hard currency with value - gold, silver, maybe even platinum if it actually was abundant enough to be made into coins

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Ovo posted:

There's two things with silver, you've got the regular gold standard wingnuts, then you've got the BIG PHARMA DOESN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT SILVER wingnuts, who think that silver mixed with water will cure anything when all it does is turn you loving blue and kill you

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Football schadenfreude. England fans have spent the best part of 3 days fighting Police, locals and destroying Marseille before their opening EURO 2016 game against Russia.

After the game, Russian fans stormed the England end and kicked gently caress out of them

Thrifting Day! has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Jun 11, 2016

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently EXXXXTREEEME pogosticking is a thing now? Idiots jumping 10 feet in the air and trying to do stunts has the exact results you'd expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ofxej-U-I

Hey let's violently catapult ourselves into the air above a concrete surface without a helmet or pads, what could go wrong? :downs:

Hey, several of those people were clearly wearing helmets :colbert: some of them even had crash mats!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

reformed bad troll posted:

Football schadenfreude. England fans have spent the best part of 3 days fighting Police, locals and destroying Marseille before their opening EURO 2016 game against Russia.

After the game, Russian fans stormed the England end and kicked gently caress out of them

So England won, then?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Don't let news anchors touch your stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc-OTlZIb94

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

So England won, then?

this is soccer we're talking about, it was a draw

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
There is no winning in football, only butthurt manbabies

This applies as much to American hand-egg as it does to actual football.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Chichevache posted:

Oh drat! :supaburn:

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I'd rather a draw than 5 hours of commercials. Enjoy your cushioned rugby.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

American hand-egg
:rolleyes:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I just like it when british people get mad about Americans using a term the british invented to refer to a sport

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm American, I just like using that term for it to annoy sports people.

VVV Agreed!

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 01:29 on Jun 12, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"cushion rugby" is a way better insult ffr

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm American, I just like using that term for it to annoy sports people.

He means soccer. The name soccer is of British origin

And calling football handegg is about as clever as calling Democrats demonrats.

Alaois posted:

"cushion rugby" is a way better insult ffr

This

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tell me more about Ovoid Object pass-and-throw schadenfreude.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

Lurking Haro posted:

Don't let news anchors touch your stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc-OTlZIb94

Was definitely expecting this to go in a more catastrophic direction

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

RareAcumen posted:

Tell me more about Ovoid Object pass-and-throw schadenfreude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr7UcrLLybo

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Getting awful sportsball up in here.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Old video of a Homestuck cosplayer trying the Cinnamon Challenge.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Pound_Coin posted:

There's two things with silver, you've got the regular gold standard wingnuts, then you've got the BIG PHARMA DOESN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT SILVER wingnuts, who think that silver mixed with water will cure anything when all it does is turn you loving blue and kill you

I wouldn't go that deep into the pseudoscience, I'd say it's much more likely that they just want a hoard of gold but can only afford a single coin of solid gold, at most. So, they just go to the next best thing; every fantasy thing out there says that silver is just one less than gold, so if they switch their goals to hoarding silver they can suddenly afford a plate or even a bar! Optionally with patrioric, independent, or even legal-magic-spells stamped into it

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Pound_Coin posted:

If I ever get exposed to sliver and turn blue the first thing I'm doing is legally changing my name to Indoril Nerevar and demanding everyone recognize me as a proud Dunmer.

The following is very :nms: since it is the Hall of Meat. Time is set to the very last clip -- see if you can spot something very, very wrong before the slow mo replay.
https://youtu.be/4NSNLIpaw-U?t=4m11s

For the folks not willing to click the guy's leg/knee breaks going backwards and rotates back around so quick as he tumbles it's hard to spot in normal speed

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRG4G7nq_iM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZldemrbEAh4

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Australian Rules Handegg is the best handegg. So there.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Parts Kit posted:

The following is very :nms: since it is the Hall of Meat. Time is set to the very last clip -- see if you can spot something very, very wrong before the slow mo replay.
https://youtu.be/4NSNLIpaw-U?t=4m11s

For the folks not willing to click the guy's leg/knee breaks going backwards and rotates back around so quick as he tumbles it's hard to spot in normal speed

I'm still amazed that helmets are generally considered optional among skaters. I even see a ton of professional skaters go out without helmets outside of big events. I can't think of any other sport where life-saving safety equipment is discarded even among pros.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
When planning to adopt a dog, you should prolly make sure if its legal or not to own it where you live. Double schaden because the guy who adopted the thing found out about it being available from a post that described it as a dog that's illegal to own where he lives in the first place. Triple schaden owing to the fact that the guy can totally have his dog confirmed to not be a breed that's illegal to own where he lives, but he seemingly doesn't want to.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

What game is this?

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
^ deus ex human revolution

tviolet
May 20, 2004

So is this true?
Star Citizen staff are allegedly tagging donors. For a brief amount of time, those tags were visible to the donors on their profile (like Goon, Snowflake, High Maintenance, Grey Market, Exception and more.)

Where it was first noticed : https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/4mmg4y/psa_cigs_blacklist_categorization/ The OP gave like 40k to this game.

More : https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/4mtea8/twitlonger_cig_disparagingly_tagging_backers/

PS: I know nothing about Star Citizen. Sorry if it was already posted, I just skimmed the last 15 pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

tviolet posted:

So is this true?
Star Citizen staff are allegedly tagging donors. For a brief amount of time, those tags were visible to the donors on their profile (like Goon, Snowflake, High Maintenance, Grey Market, Exception and more.)

Where it was first noticed : https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/4mmg4y/psa_cigs_blacklist_categorization/ The OP gave like 40k to this game.

More : https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/4mtea8/twitlonger_cig_disparagingly_tagging_backers/

PS: I know nothing about Star Citizen. Sorry if it was already posted, I just skimmed the last 15 pages.

Turns out giving your customers preferential treatment based on their willingness to put up with your skeezy behavior is itself skeezy, who knew.

I'm continually amazed that they haven't been shut down.