Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Revvik posted:

Update:

Rear fender straightened out, photo before buffing.

Chewed up throttle grip. She hit the thing pretty hard, fucker bounced, but other than some fine hair line scratches on the exhaust that I can't get to show in photographs it's like nothing happened at all.

So how mad is she that you parked your dumb bike in her way? :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

So how mad is she that you parked your dumb bike in her way? :downs:

You must have been here before. "It wasn't supposed to be there!!"

But... It was there.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Revvik posted:

You must have been here before. "It wasn't supposed to be there!!"

But... It was there.

Start paying neighbor kids by the hour to stand behind her car. That's "I told you so!" gold right there. I find relationships are about being righteous no matter the cost. Now if you'll excuse me, there's a Craiglist personal just begging me to respond.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Last Sunday I went for a 2-up ride with Lady Chiche. It's drat near 90, so of course we lanesplit like mad to keep from overheating. We get off the highway behind a Gixxer bro on his blue and white 750. He's in a t-shirt, but at least he had gloves on. :thumbsup:

We split through traffic at a red light. He is going at a sane speed as he splits safely through. A giant green Goldwing is just parked behind the cars, so Gixxer Bro passes him. Goldwing starts blaring his horn, so I brake to let him pass, since I assume he wants to split. He keeps it parked in the sun. I cruise on by. Motherfucker lays on his loving horn again.

I get to the light and neither Gixxer Bro or myself could figure out what the Goldwing's deal was. I don't think it had plates from another state, but I can only assume he was mad we were filtering, even though that is common practice in California. :shrug:

Anyway, Gixxer Bro was a chill rider and the guy on a Goldwing was a massive douche. Quite a reversal of stereotypes.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
If you got a bike with AC, you wouldn't have to worry about splitting?
He was angry that his bike was too big to filter?
You clearly didn't know the unwritten biker-code rule that you're not allowed to filter past another bike?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Pope Mobile posted:

If you got a bike with AC, you wouldn't have to worry about splitting?
He was angry that his bike was too big to filter?
You clearly didn't know the unwritten biker-code rule that you're not allowed to filter past another bike?

He was trying to say hi but didn't realize how aggressive he comes off? :shrug:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Chichevache posted:

He was trying to say hi but didn't realize how aggressive he comes off? :shrug:

Somewhere on a Goldwing forum:
"I beeped at 15 bikes today. Why does no one beep back? Do other riders just hate Goldwings? :("

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Deeters posted:

Somewhere on a Goldwing forum:
"I beeped at 15 bikes today. Why does no one beep back? Do other riders just hate Goldwings? :("

I swear he even had one of those Denali Soundbombs. It sounded like I just cut off a drat light rail when he blasted that thing.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Chichevache posted:

I swear he even had one of those Denali Soundbombs. It sounded like I just cut off a drat light rail when he blasted that thing.

Going by weight you're not far off I imagine.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

KARMA! posted:

Going by weight you're not far off I imagine.

Bike or rider? :v:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Got some new Allen head fairing bolts today to replace the many damaged and missing JIS screws on my bike. Figured I'd just do the accessible ones tonight and leave drilling the stuck ones to the weekend.

The reason this is in the rant thread is my mechanic overtorqued everything when he put the fairings back on after the engine/carb service, so now twice as many bolts are seized :cripes:

As a bonus I was sweating and cursing trying to get the side dashboard panels out for half an hour because he'd helpfully replaced some missing pieces: on the left, a bolt that lives inside the glovebox that I almost forgot existed, and on the right a rubber gasket for a push pin that's so tight I almost thought he'd superglued the fairing panel in place.

And now it's coming on for 9pm and my bike is still in bits and I really don't want to put it back without fixing this fairing that's stuck down at a kinky angle that's been bugging me since I got the bike back but I have to go to work in the morning and aaaaaarghhh :bang:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Indicators decided to all stop working. Don't have time for diagnosis until Friday.
Hope it's just the flasher relay and not a short somewhere.
I'd rather be riding than fixing problems.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Had a co-worker who is president of some motorcycle club ask me how much my bike weighs. I told him and he went "yeah well mine is about a thousand!" like it was some sort of thing to boast about. I then listened to him describe to another person about how he used to be "sergeant at arms" and was in charge of security for his club. What a joke lol

Then yesterday I went to get some groceries. Put my helmet and such in the cart and had the greeter girl say "so are you a race car driver or motorcycle dude or something?" I responded with "Nah this is what I walk around in. I don't want to trip and hurt myself." She took it totally seriously and looked at me like I was a crazy person.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

astrollinthepork posted:

Then yesterday I went to get some groceries. Put my helmet and such in the cart and had the greeter girl say "so are you a race car driver or motorcycle dude or something?" I responded with "Nah this is what I walk around in. I don't want to trip and hurt myself." She took it totally seriously and looked at me like I was a crazy person.

I would enjoy spending time with you, I think.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Chichevache posted:

I would enjoy spending time with you, I think.

Love blossoms in CA :huh:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Let's go for a stroll...

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

captainOrbital posted:

Let's go for a stroll...

...and fondle his shiny metal rear end.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Love blossoms in CA :huh:

CA: Just dudes in leather talking about leathers and taking care of leather.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Marxalot posted:

CA: Just dudes in leather talking about leathers and taking care of leather.

What do I do about my vinyl seat?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I only ride a motorcycle so that I have a plausible excuse to wear a form-fitting leather suit every day. :bigtran:

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Same, but with vinyl. :tutbutt: ;-*

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

astrollinthepork posted:

Had a co-worker who is president of some motorcycle club ask me how much my bike weighs. I told him and he went "yeah well mine is about a thousand!" like it was some sort of thing to boast about. I then listened to him describe to another person about how he used to be "sergeant at arms" and was in charge of security for his club. What a joke lol

:haw: I've answered that stupid question with, "No, but GEICO saves me 15% if I wear this stuff."

Also, half the reason why half the people ride motorcycles is so they can wear leather.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'd get a similar question at work when I'd be setting down my helmet, "Hey, did you ride in today?" My usual response was, "No, I just live in a really bad neighborhood."

Al Jaffe corrupted my youth lol

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?
Oh man gently caress everything about this, busted engine town... population: Me

I'm getting near home and there's a nice long stretch on the right hand land of this A-road, so I rip open the throttle of this weedy 125 as I don't often get the chance to do anything that doesn't involve copious amount of filtering. I get just about up to top speed and click into 5th... then there's problems, suddenly I lose a LOT of power a drop back a bit and start hearing a jangly metal sound... poo poo is my drive chain about to disintegrate?

Nope worse; I start clicking down gears to compensate for the reduced speed but I'm not getting any power back, plus now my engine starts sounding like a bag of nails in a washing machine. So now I have zero power, luckily I'm coming up to my exit but I have to cross a lane of merging traffic to get to mine, while loving coasting (if there was ever a good time to die, it would be this since there was an ambulance right behind me).So I rock up to the edge of the road and try to start it with no luck, though not recommended I hoofed the bike to the exit and wheel it to a little alcove for a quick check, starter motor still works but it sounds pretty "hollow" and I'm getting nothing from the engine. Time passes and recovery guy comes to pick me up and muses that it could be the cam chain ripped apart, probably along with the other bits inside.

I called my dad who said the same and will probably come visit and take it back home to take apart, some Monday this turned out to be.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Should have done like that one goon and leave it on the highway until it gets "stolen".

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Marxalot posted:

Should have done like that one goon and leave it on the highway until it gets "stolen".

That never happened.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Chichevache posted:

That never happened.

I thought that is exactly what happened?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Geirskogul posted:

I thought that is exactly what happened?

No, I pushed it down the highway and off an exit till I got to a residential area. Parked it on the street next to cars and it was stolen before I could pick it up. Do you really want a play by play of the whole thing again?

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
No, what happened was it was left on the highway until it got stolen. Not until it got "stolen".

Chichevache posted:

No, I pushed it down the highway and off an exit till I got to a residential area.

That was nice of you! Highways are dangerous places for people to stop, and the thieves might have gotten hurt.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I thought that was almost exactly what happened?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Even if that's what happened, you guys know he couldn't admit to it on record by typing that into a forum, right?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
The police department who took the case and the insurance company that paid out didn't seem to have a problem with what happened. Unfortunately life gets in the way, not all of us have time to drop everything and haul a bike 30 miles at the drop of a hat. I went out repeatedly to try and get it running or towed, but it got stolen before either panned out. poo poo happens.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I'll bite on that one, you went out repeatedly to "try to get it towed"? Why do you have to go outside to get something towed? And how could you fail to get something towed? All it takes is phone calls.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I'll bite on that one, you went out repeatedly to "try to get it towed"? Why do you have to go outside to get something towed? And how could you fail to get something towed? All it takes is phone calls.

Sure. It broke down on my way to work, close to midnight, 30 miles from home. First thing I do is call AAA. I'm covered, but only for cars, not motorcycles. I ask them if I can pay to add bikes, and they tell me there's a waiting period of two days or something. Since I couldn't get a tow through AAA I wasn't going to spend the $300 I'd be charged by a private company. I get a ride home, post for advice, and of course got the dead battery diagnosis. I go out the next day and spend and hour or two before work trying to get it going, but no luck. The next day I head out to meet a friend with a pickup and they flake out while I'm waiting with the bike. I move it to another spot down the street just to make sure I don't get it ticketed, even though I'm in a legal parking space. I head out again the next day with a pickup truck I borrowed and the bike is gone. The neighborhood was pretty decent, but none of the homes had cameras on the street, so PD couldn't do much except find it when it was finally dumped by whoever stole it. I even held off on filing a claim until it was recovered a few weeks later. I was hoping the bike would still be running if recovered.

This happened during the work week, while I'm on grave shift working overtime, so 12 hour shifts. It was lovely timing and work took priority.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Someday people will understand your story. Someday!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Z3n posted:

It hasn't got enough chinese whisper seasoning just yet, give it another year. Speaking from experience.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Z3n posted:

I just don't want them to find out my one weird trick to getting money back, insurance companies hate me!

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I'm just gonna admit to myself I hosed up hard by allowing myself to be peer-pressured into getting a literbike as basically my first ride. I'm gonna go buy a GS500E.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

N is for Nipples posted:

I'm just gonna admit to myself I hosed up hard by allowing myself to be peer-pressured into getting a literbike as basically my first ride. I'm gonna go buy a GS500E.

Good on you for realizing this and biting the bullet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

You guys seem really bothered by what happened to Chichevache when it has zero effect on any of you personally. :confused: