Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Tying recovery and 2FA to phone numbers is so god drat dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

ohgodwhat posted:

So what's the proper way to share a 1pass dB across windows and Mac? I am now computer illiterate but it seemed like more work than it should be.

Dropbox I guess?

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

verizon are a bunch of idiots and my coworker had a similar thing happen to him three times in a week over the phone even after he requested they put a fraud alert on his account the first time. they are terrible.

This is probably the only time I'm every going to even come close to defending AT&T but last year when I swapped my sister from a MicroSIM to a NanoSIM (going from an iPhone 4s to a 6) I called their customer service and it was a 30-minute process that required a bunch of verifications and culminated in the agent calling the phone number we were trying to port.

So I'm guessing a few weeks earlier there was some incident they got sued over.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ohgodwhat posted:

So what's the proper way to share a 1pass dB across windows and Mac? I am now computer illiterate but it seemed like more work than it should be.

anthonypants posted:

1password has a wifi sync that uses bonjour

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

This didn't seem to work for me between the two, only to my Android phone.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

apseudonym posted:

Rackspace does that garbage, and they have a super-aggressive timeout so I usually end up with a dozen text messages from them by the end of a day telling them they're stupid shitheads.

the Rackspace butt uses a different auth system that is token based, but it's implemented so poorly that opening another tab and going to the root of the app forces you to auth again.

Rackspace is fanatically bad

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ohgodwhat posted:

This didn't seem to work for me between the two, only to my Android phone.
well you didn't mention an android phone, too. if you want automatic sync between more than two devices you'll need to use dropbox until they add more options.

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

ohgodwhat posted:

someone else here recommended syncthing for syncing windows (point 1password at the synced syncthing directory for its vault) & mac (use folder sync) and it works great for me.

wifi sync for all your mobile devices

I wish they'd support more sync APIs than just dropbox, though

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

Westie posted:

one of my VMs got infected and brought into botnet somehow, anyone interested in files?

I'd like to take a look.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Soldier of Fortran posted:

someone else here recommended syncthing for syncing windows (point 1password at the synced syncthing directory for its vault) & mac (use folder sync) and it works great for me.

wifi sync for all your mobile devices

I wish they'd support more sync APIs than just dropbox, though
it's weird to me that they support dropbox but not icloud drive

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

anthonypants posted:

it's weird to me that they support dropbox but not icloud drive

it's really dumb, especially because they do support icloud sync on macs. either way, their windows client is really far behind the mac one, which is disappointing.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

apseudonym posted:

yep. i am locked out a google account because i don't have access to a phone number i haven't had in three years

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

OSI bean dip posted:

yep. i am locked out a google account because i don't have access to a phone number i haven't had in three years
does someone else have that telephone number, and can you coordinate with them to get your account back

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

it's really dumb, especially because they do support icloud sync on macs. either way, their windows client is really far behind the mac one, which is disappointing.

Well 1Password lives in the iCloud keychain. So that makes it easy to interoperate with all your devices logged into your iCloud account. But it sucks for Windows users since the keychain is not part of the iCloud stuff they make for Windows.

I do most of my work using a Mac, so it makes it a pain in the rear end to sync across for the times I'm using Windows.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
if you don't want to use dropbox you can either manually sync the vault from one computer to another, or you can use wifi sync. but you can only wifi sync with one computer at a time and you'll have to switch back

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37758482/can-i-get-sum-tips-on-making-an-antivirus-in-c-code-below
mcafee source code leak

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lmao

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
theres no way thats not a joke, right?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

:saddowns:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

idk i could totally see 12 year old me writing that program and being really befuddled as to why stack overflow closed it :3:

Westie
May 30, 2013

Baboon Simulator

fins posted:

I'd like to take a look.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/a21d6eef4f4e6b462e610b04908b69751a0616fe0eecbdd5af444af699714563/analysis/1465641461/

so, about half of the anti-viruses are detecting it, which isn't that bad to be fair.

if you want to see the :filez: give me a shout on IRC - i'm in the #yossec channel

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

i imagine it's some kind of school assignment he wants help with

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

They just put out a beta for a major update to their windows version. I think the full release is scheduled for August.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

oh boy, that reddit thread

quote:

Microsoft has turned Windows into the Bill Cosby of operating systems.

e: I also like that the guy's "investigation" (using IDA, no less, to figure out what's going on in the part of the CRT init code that gets shipped with the compiler) seems to have stopped at "oh there's some call that says telemetry" in a mad scramble to earn internet cred instead of at least making an effort to figure out what's going on. I mean you already have IDA open for christ's sake

Bonfire Lit fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jun 11, 2016

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

spankmeister posted:

same but also 4 days of training so i was there for like 11 days :shepicide:

I've got worse. I spoke at another conference the week before blackhat and then spoke at both blackhat and defcon. 18 days in vegas. Never again.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/email-address-disclosures-preliminary-report-june-11-2016/16867

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
:vince:

letsencrypt unironically owns

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

anthonypants posted:

does someone else have that telephone number, and can you coordinate with them to get your account back

alternatively you can call the phone company and pretend you're the owner to get it back temporarily

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Jimmy Carter posted:

This is probably the only time I'm every going to even come close to defending AT&T but last year when I swapped my sister from a MicroSIM to a NanoSIM (going from an iPhone 4s to a 6) I called their customer service and it was a 30-minute process that required a bunch of verifications and culminated in the agent calling the phone number we were trying to port.

So I'm guessing a few weeks earlier there was some incident they got sued over.

cut the SIM with scissors next time

my non-technical wife (but not childe; safety scissors can't get through the plastic) can do it

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

yoloer420 posted:

I've got worse. I spoke at another conference the week before blackhat and then spoke at both blackhat and defcon. 18 days in vegas. Never again.

Vegas is great, for 4 days. After that it's a slow downhill death March until the flight home.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

~Coxy posted:

cut the SIM with scissors next time

my non-technical wife (but not childe; safety scissors can't get through the plastic) can do it

hahaha, funny joke

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
http://eprint.iacr.org/2016/594

quote:

Our contributions in this work are the following:
• We identify a security weakness in OpenSSL which fails to use a side-channel safe implementation when performing DSA signatures. (Section 3)
• We describe how to use a combination of the Flush+ Reload technique with a performance-degradation at- tack to leak information from the unsafe SWE algo- rithm. (Section 4)
• We present the first key-recovery cache-timing attack on the TLS and SSH cryptographic protocols. (Section 5)
• We construct and solve a lattice problem with the side- channel information and the digital signatures in order recover the secret key. (Section 6)

side channel'd openssl

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Vegas is great, for 4 days. After that it's a slow downhill death March until the flight home.

:agreed:

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
vegas is fun when you get out of vegas. lots of hiking and rock climbing nearby at red rock, just be more active

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Bhodi posted:

vegas is fun when you get out of vegas. lots of hiking and rock climbing nearby at red rock, just be more active

When my family went I was too young to drink or gamble so we went to Hoover dam and the national atomic testing museum and saw Penn & Teller's magic show and also i found some neat rocks in the desert :shobon:

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Bhodi posted:

last year my fiancée and i drove to death valley to get the hell out of vegas for a while and it was awesome i really recommend it

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I too have fond memories of Death Valley.

In the shade.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

just stay hydrated, wear a hat and cover yourself in p20 and its fine. dry heat is ok, humidity can gently caress off.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
I won't be doing DEFCON this year unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Carbon dioxide posted:

I too have fond memories of Death Valley.

In the shade.

I loved at Edwards AFB growing up. That is nice and cool.

• Locked thread