Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

spacetoaster posted:

Only my wife's. :shrug:

I might retire and do a vacation down there to try it out.

well as long as you can anchor a case race or win a pong tourney, id say they might take you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mustang posted:

Once you retire move to Florida because everyone of all ages there goes out and drinks somewhere, somehow. I always felt like a weirdo when I went to other states in the south east and realized most people don't drink like I'm used to in Florida.

The older you are, the more fun Florida is. Getting drunk on the beach owns.

Also, my active duty commitment lasts until summer 2018. Thanks OCS for not having me end up with a 5 year AD commitment or an ADSO.

Mustang will attest, but stay the gently caress out of Crestview.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

go to college at Kansas State so you get the extra gayness of seeing MP courtesy patrols from Junction City at all the party areas and all the sweet fade haircut army bros. It's the world's biggest gang fraternity!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

A bit of a necropost-
Awards chat- I know of two soldiers who were upgraded at BN from BSM w/V to Silver Stars, only to be downgraded at DIV to BSMV again. The reason, given verbally by our BC? They were E4s. So they got down checked.
MoH chat- seriously check out the book "Legend" by Eric Blehm that tells the story of Benevidez. His citation loving downplays his insane levels of badassery. It's extremely engaging and a fantastic history of him and his actions.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Everyone that should be in charge is too smart to stay in.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Justin Tyme posted:

go to college at Kansas State so you get the extra gayness of seeing MP courtesy patrols from Junction City at all the party areas and all the sweet fade haircut army bros. It's the world's biggest gang fraternity!

Just go to college at Kansas State. Manhattan is an awesome town and the college is actually really nice.

And there are also MP's in Aggieville (bar district/awesome food district) during the spring/summer/fall and it's awesome watching them haul off young bucks covered in blood/vomit yelling barracks lawyer poo poo in their affliction T-shirts and high n' tight haircuts.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Whole lot of 214 chat, and that's :unsmith:

Is there anyone here that's actually still in? gently caress you, just in case

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

What about just getting back into the reserves/guard or whatever? Unless they enact that whole "double the amount of training days" thing one weekend a month of B.S isn't the worst thing. You get a lot of the benefits of being in, and if we decide to invade Australia you'll be able to deploy and do guard tower duty 7 days a week for 12 hours.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Reserve and guard requires an annoying amount of unpaid time and TDY for anyone above the rank of E4, complemented by the problems that occur when only 5 people in your unit are there in a full time basis. So unless you super like the Army, it's not really worth coming back for.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Ah, that makes sense. I achieved the high rank of E-4 and my time was pretty chill, but I did maybe 1-2 hours a month extra of "stuff" for the guard.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
gently caress that extra time BS. You're going to pay me, or gently caress you.

If it were a job I liked (like being a medic in Phoenix) then I'm glad to put in the hours.

I watched three of my buddies get 5 and immediately get screwed with creating projects, having to come in 2-4 days a week in-between their real lives to procure poo poo and arrange poo poo, and generally get buttfucked into working for free. In addition, two of them were immediately stripped from this (admittedly p awesome b/c of 75% medical officer population) ASMC, and thrown to the worst infantry unit of all time.

Two years in a row now, they're like "you want to board?" and I'm like "lol get pissed."

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

The worst thing they can do when someone gets E5 is not move them into a different squad. Being an NCao and being forced to make your buddies do bullshit sucks real bad.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Soulex posted:

The worst thing they can do when someone gets E5 is not move them into a different squad. Being an NCao and being forced to make your buddies do bullshit sucks real bad.

Leadership-challenge.txt.

I've been in too long.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Soulex posted:

This is what happened to me. It wasn't fun, but it didn't suck too hard because I was my troop's ops assistant and I'd already been in that slot for a while. I wasn't too far out from my ETS, so I just tried to keep the guys in my platoon out of too much bullshit (not always easy for the headquarters platoon).

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.
After all the problems I had with trying to leave my last unit, I made it to safety by reenlisting for the IRR. Once I got there it took 7 days for me to be picked up by the unit I was looking at. Since it will take like a year or more to get a TS and then another year to get to school, plus the fact that the unit is newish. It should be an enjoyable ride to twenty from here on out.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

11b1p posted:

After all the problems I had with trying to leave my last unit, I made it to safety by reenlisting for the IRR. Once I got there it took 7 days for me to be picked up by the unit I was looking at. Since it will take like a year or more to get a TS and then another year to get to school, plus the fact that the unit is newish. It should be an enjoyable ride to twenty from here on out.

gently caress that go to poland.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Icon Of Sin posted:

It's me, I'm the fucker still in.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Aranan posted:

It's me, I'm the fucker still in.

gently caress you.

thx 4 ur service

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Icon Of Sin posted:

Thanks, I knew something felt off about today.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm here to supply the Army thread with its regular dose of Schadenfreude over the next 2 to 3 years

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mustang posted:

I'm here to supply the Army thread with its regular dose of Schadenfreude over the next 2 to 3 years

how's the hair its almost monday are you waiting in line yet?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

just don't be this guy mustang

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

just don't be this guy mustang

that has to be a goon

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

that has to be a goon

Martello. O-3 who had hair like that during his company command. Also wrote a memo relaxing hair standards. Ran out of GiP when his CoC found out about us.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
why did his CoC care about the forums

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
IIRC it was because of his posts about the 30 mile ruck march they had to do or some poo poo

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
why wouldn't they get their panties in a bunch? it's retards in the loving army man. retards all the way down.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ok let me rephrase this, how did his COC even know about him being on these dead gay forums

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
Didn't he get sold out by another goon or something?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i don't even remember :shrug:

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Was he the one that posted a picture of his feet that looked like a cross between raisins and a really bad, skin-peeling sunburn?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Aranan posted:

Was he the one that posted a picture of his feet that looked like a cross between raisins and a really bad, skin-peeling sunburn?

Yeah he was

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

I miss that guy, he was good people.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Hairspiration:

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I mainly lurk but I too am an idiot that is still in. The Army offered my graduate school at Georgetown and am too stupid to turn it down and say SMDFTB. Maybe in another three years I won't be so hard up in Stockholm Syndrome to break free.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I mainly lurk but I too am an idiot that is still in. The Army offered my graduate school at Georgetown and am too stupid to turn it down and say SMDFTB. Maybe in another three years I won't be so hard up in Stockholm Syndrome to break free.

has anyone gotten arrested from 83d lately? Place sure was toxic for a CBRN defense unit :chuckle:

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I'm still in as well, hating life as the A/S3. I'm convinced that everything bad about the army stems from field grade officers.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

has anyone gotten arrested from 83d lately? Place sure was toxic for a CBRN defense unit :chuckle:

I'm not CBRN anymore thankfully, but funny you should mention...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/12/19/in-the-war-against-sexual-assault-the-army-keeps-shooting-itself-in-the-foot/

Guy on the left (Michael D. Kepner II) was the BC after you left. He tried to rape a LT on a TDY. The story I heard from the XO of the battalion was;

He got caught on camera in the hallway of an off post hotel grabbing the LT by her throat and shoving her into her hotel room. She fought him off, ran down stairs to the lobby, and called the police. He only copped to regular assault and battery and is serving 4 years (as of October 2015) in Leavenworth.

Within a day of meeting that douche I knew he was trouble. He had two IG investigations, one of which I filed behalf of one of my Soldiers, prior to this incident.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Please tell me you're at least going to SFS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Martello. O-3 who had hair like that during his company command. Also wrote a memo relaxing hair standards. Ran out of GiP when his CoC found out about us.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the memo that banned high and tights?

• Locked thread