Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

no, just razor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Jazzzzz posted:

Happy birthday! Here's the one Zarvox Toral welped back at the end of March

[Rattlesnake Victory Edition]
'Radical' Damage Control
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier

Dark Blood Heavy Capacitor Booster
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Large Micro Jump Drive
Pith X-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
Pith X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Pithum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor

Black Eagle Drone Link Augmentor
Caldari Navy Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher,Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile

Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Large Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard II
Large Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard II

Ogre II x2
'Augmented' Acolyte x5
Gecko x2

Thanks friend!

Percelus posted:

no, just razor

It's happening :getin:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Tangerines posted:

I've been out of it for a couple weeks. Has PL withdrawn?

They're in the process of withdrawing -- all their citadels in the area are unanchoring, new citadels are going up elsewhere, and they've been moving poo poo out. But they're still in the area, in theory.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Anybody know what the deal is with this keepstar in maila?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Orange Red Bull posted:

Anybody know what the deal is with this keepstar in maila?

Maila is a pretty well known JF route system. I'd be interested to know who owns it.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

ullerrm posted:

They're in the process of withdrawing -- all their citadels in the area are unanchoring, new citadels are going up elsewhere, and they've been moving poo poo out. But they're still in the area, in theory.

Have any of the Goons escaped yet?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Nazareth posted:

Have any of the Goons escaped yet?

Escaped? It's not like a medieval siege. You can use a personal insta or a jump clone and leave whenever you like.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

vyst posted:

Nobody did this. You just want to see if it's a good idea without taking responsibility for your idea if nobody shows interest.

Yes they did. Sorry nobody likes you enough to talk to you outside of this forum.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Maila is a pretty well known JF route system. I'd be interested to know who owns it.

From what i gather PL has docking rights and probably covered the drop, along with a select few but grath says they dont own it, 1ronbank has something to do with it which means iwantisk along with a charity front called careforkidseve.com

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Orange Red Bull posted:

From what i gather PL has docking rights and probably covered the drop, along with a select few but grath says they dont own it, 1ronbank has something to do with it which means iwantisk along with a charity front called careforkidseve.com

So when are we blowing it up?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Huge_Midget posted:

So when are we blowing it up?

lol you'll find out real quick who owns it and who has interests in it if somebody attacks it.

the smart money says PL along with a network of shadow blues

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Tbh, attacking a citadel tied to a citadel when you're just getting a chance to get your feet on solid ground seems like a bad idea for gsf.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Elmnt80 posted:

Tbh, attacking a citadel tied to a citadel when you're just getting a chance to get your feet on solid ground seems like a bad idea for gsf.

GSF cant do poo poo without all_of_eve.jpg being on their dick, its just funny after seeing all of these "first x citadel" km posts and lol just blew up the Nth astrahaus posts that theres this exponentially more expensive km just sitting there in lowsec.

But hey as long as everyone gets reset for gudfights theres no blue donuts left right?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Orange Red Bull posted:

The charity seems legit, if a bit stupid.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Orange Red Bull posted:

lol you'll find out real quick who owns it and who has interests in it if somebody attacks it.

the smart money says PL along with a network of shadow blues

PL owns it. The network of shadow blues is anybody interested in kissing PL's rear end, aka the MBC/CFCdotte.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Baculus posted:

The charity seems legit, if a bit stupid.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Baculus posted:

Escaped? It's not like a medieval siege. You can use a personal insta or a jump clone and leave whenever you like.

You're making it sound like they haven't been inconvenienced at all by the Hellcamp. This doesn't make sense because why else would there be one?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Nazareth posted:

You're making it sound like they haven't been inconvenienced at all by the Hellcamp. This doesn't make sense because why else would there be one?

A single bifrost isn't a hellcamp. It's not even inconvenient if you have an insta-undock. The occasional FAXbomb is inconvenient, but also not a hellcamp since they tend to get bored and gently caress off pretty quickly.

Seriously. The biggest inconvenience is the overview spam from the POS full of empty ships on the station grid.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Okay yeah, I'm still looking.

The guy running it has no charities registered to his name in any of the countries I looked. The name, as he advertises it, is not registered either. There is a charity that was set up under that name in an adjacent country, but that was when he was like 11 years old, and it's currently defunct.

Why must everything in EVE be a goddamned scam...

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

hailthefish posted:

A single bifrost isn't a hellcamp. It's not even inconvenient if you have an insta-undock. The occasional FAXbomb is inconvenient, but also not a hellcamp since they tend to get bored and gently caress off pretty quickly.

Seriously. The biggest inconvenience is the overview spam from the POS full of empty ships on the station grid.

So this is all idiotic bullcrap overinflated by assholes and I'm still left with no idea what exactly is going on.

Now I don't understand what's going on.

I need a beer.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Nazareth posted:

So this is all idiotic bullcrap overinflated by assholes and I'm still left with no idea what exactly is going on.

I need a beer.

Boring war is boring.

Hellcamp and hellwar are largely rhetorical.

Everyone's spirit is waning.

Leadership on both sides are just trying to create content for their members while articulating some kind of narrative for the (approximately) 5% of people involved who care about that kind of poo poo. (Except it's realistically more like 10% of PL and 90% of pubbies who care.)

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Nazareth posted:

I need a beer.

Basically this "hellcamp" is just some bored dudes in PL using instalocking carriers and/or jump destroyers to blap solo dudes leaving the station that don't have insta-undocks, or who lag when they undock. They then either gently caress off or die when we undock with a fleet. With a proper hellcamp, literally nobody undocks from the station and survives, like what we did to B-R after we took it. You can only do that in nullsec though, since you need bubbles.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Nazareth posted:

The nuts and bolts of it all is PL is currently learning why we never hellcamped their lowsec staging. It's functionally impossible. In nullsec I can anchor T2 large bubbles all over your station and by simply maintaining grid control ensure you can never leave.

Grapefist
Feb 11, 2007

*Beep Boop*
I AM a robot
*Beep Boop*
I'm just coming back to eve after a year hiatus. The majority of my stuff is stuck in Deklein. My characters aren't where my poo poo is though, so I don't think ccp will move me if I jump clone and make a petition. Have there been any changes that would make undocking in a carrier and jumping to an npc station in venal a bad idea?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yes they did. Sorry nobody likes you enough to talk to you outside of this forum.

Lol right.

Anyway, Baculus I might do it. I'm not sure yet. It's a lot of effort and I'm pretty space poor. I ran 3 of them, that might be it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Grapefist posted:

I'm just coming back to eve after a year hiatus. The majority of my stuff is stuck in Deklein. My characters aren't where my poo poo is though, so I don't think ccp will move me if I jump clone and make a petition. Have there been any changes that would make undocking in a carrier and jumping to an npc station in venal a bad idea?

check range first

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Oodles posted:

TDB is pretty chill. We're starting out with a constellation in the Querious thunderdome.

I like that there's a small number of guys in jabber and I can recognise their names. It has a feel like Theta did. Where you can chat to people.

Being unable to recognize names isn't a unique flaw of GSF or some kind of virtue of TDB, it's a normal aspect of a community as it grows in size. [citation needed] As a community grows larger you begin to run into the problem of not recognizing people. Any group of people begins to lose that personal feel beyond 150 or so, and if you really want tight-knit you're talking about a subcommunity of perhaps 15. If you want to say you know everyone in yoru organization on a personal basis your alliance (or corp, whatever TDB is) will never grow larger than two or three squads in a fleet.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ullerrm posted:

We've only unanchored our 93PI Citadels so far (unless Fort Saranen is unanchoring now, haven't logged in today). We have however reset most of the MBC, not that it means anything in regards to fighting you guys, because 'We Form Voltron' or something.

I do hope you all have a fantastic time making GBS threads all over Sort Dragon. GigX and friends once we leave- and it's really hard to say this, but you're biggest threat is TEST- who have become considerably more powerful than their previous incarnations.

Rhymenoserous posted:

The nuts and bolts of it all is PL is currently learning why we never hellcamped their lowsec staging. It's functionally impossible. In nullsec I can anchor T2 large bubbles all over your station and by simply maintaining grid control ensure you can never leave.

Outside of hurf posting- I don't think we've ever adopted some idea of hellcamping you guys into the station- sure bored dudes do it between ops, but that's pretty much it.

The idea of confining someone into a lowsec station is functionally retarded and impossible to actually do.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 11, 2016

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Eminai posted:

Basically this "hellcamp" is just some bored dudes in PL using instalocking carriers and/or jump destroyers to blap solo dudes leaving the station that don't have insta-undocks, or who lag when they undock. They then either gently caress off or die when we undock with a fleet. With a proper hellcamp, literally nobody undocks from the station and survives, like what we did to B-R after we took it. You can only do that in nullsec though, since you need bubbles.

Baculus posted:

Boring war is boring.

Hellcamp and hellwar are largely rhetorical.

Everyone's spirit is waning.

Leadership on both sides are just trying to create content for their members while articulating some kind of narrative for the (approximately) 5% of people involved who care about that kind of poo poo. (Except it's realistically more like 10% of PL and 90% of pubbies who care.)

Rhymenoserous posted:

Lame. If PL is so proud of this poo poo, why does anyone take them seriously?

Separate question. If I join Goonwaffe, do I join on all the characters on my account? I want my glorious Amarr in there, even though he's a new char.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

You can join in whichever you want

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Xolve posted:

I do hope you all have a fantastic time making GBS threads all over Sort Dragon. GigX and friends once we leave- and it's really hard to say this, but you're biggest threat is TEST- who have become considerably more powerful than their previous incarnations.

It's weird, but I had the same feeling about TEST.

Also, aren't you guys just going to come running if GSF actually starts pissing in GigX's cheerios?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baculus posted:

Okay yeah, I'm still looking.

The guy running it has no charities registered to his name in any of the countries I looked. The name, as he advertises it, is not registered either. There is a charity that was set up under that name in an adjacent country, but that was when he was like 11 years old, and it's currently defunct.

Why must everything in EVE be a goddamned scam...

It's only a scam if you think C4w3 is faking his illness, and the stuff he's done with children's hospitals since it started.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's only a scam if you think C4w3 is faking his illness, and the stuff he's done with children's hospitals since it started.

I'd hope people wouldn't fake an illness, but I have no firsthand knowledge of it.

I did notice the site doesn't actually solicit donations of anything except in-game items, and it tells you that cash donations go to repay his out-of-pocket expenses for all of the stuff he does. Which I'm totally okay with - but if I were a prospective donor I would just really like to see a more formal charitable organization, or some more verifiable projects and poo poo. It would make me feel more comfortable about donating.

It's very hairy calling yourself a charity, but not formally setting up a charity (and maybe that's just something he can't do on his own, which sucks). Without that, your efforts are always going to be subject to the hackneyed conjectures of every Tom, Dick and Harry (myself included, obviously) who plays Spreadsheets in Space Online.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
I think it depends on the country how hard it is to become a registered charity, in the UK iirc its pretty easy but probably not elsewhere.

As for scamming using charities, ccp will be keeping an eye on him I'm sure because of their plex for good thing, wouldn't think they'd look kindly on him scamming like that

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baculus posted:

I'd hope people wouldn't fake an illness, but I have no firsthand knowledge of it.

I did notice the site doesn't actually solicit donations of anything except in-game items, and it tells you that cash donations go to repay his out-of-pocket expenses for all of the stuff he does. Which I'm totally okay with - but if I were a prospective donor I would just really like to see a more formal charitable organization, or some more verifiable projects and poo poo. It would make me feel more comfortable about donating.

It's very hairy calling yourself a charity, but not formally setting up a charity (and maybe that's just something he can't do on his own, which sucks). Without that, your efforts are always going to be subject to the hackneyed conjectures of every Tom, Dick and Harry (myself included, obviously) who plays Spreadsheets in Space Online.

C4w3 was supposed to give a talk at Fanfest this year but had to pull out due to medical issues so there's that. Unless, again, you think its fake then I don't know what else to say other than maybe you should make a post on Reddit demanding he prove he's actually had the medical issues.

As far as I know,donations are focused around in-game stuff (for one reason or another) and like stated the out of game donations get used to reimburse any expenses made by him towards the charity like the care packages etc.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

frozenpussy posted:

Being unable to recognize names isn't a unique flaw of GSF or some kind of virtue of TDB, it's a normal aspect of a community as it grows in size. [citation needed] As a community grows larger you begin to run into the problem of not recognizing people. Any group of people begins to lose that personal feel beyond 150 or so, and if you really want tight-knit you're talking about a subcommunity of perhaps 15. If you want to say you know everyone in yoru organization on a personal basis your alliance (or corp, whatever TDB is) will never grow larger than two or three squads in a fleet.

nah, i recognized the first thousand or so people that joined goonfleet in olden times, maybe YOU can't recognize that many people :smugdog:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Sunber posted:

I think it depends on the country how hard it is to become a registered charity, in the UK iirc its pretty easy but probably not elsewhere.

As for scamming using charities, ccp will be keeping an eye on him I'm sure because of their plex for good thing, wouldn't think they'd look kindly on him scamming like that

just like they keep an eye on casinos :ohdear:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hey Hendrick who owns that keepstar and who has docking rights? Who is gonna sell supers out of there and who is gonna defend it?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

C4w3 was supposed to give a talk at Fanfest this year but had to pull out due to medical issues so there's that. Unless, again, you think its fake then I don't know what else to say other than maybe you should make a post on Reddit demanding he prove he's actually had the medical issues.

This has literally nothing to do with anything I'm saying. If you do something under the auspices of being a charity, be a charity. If you do something under the auspices of being a good guy, then be a good guy.

It's my opinion that it looks questionable - even when I construe everything in favor of the guy, I wouldn't donate unless I knew him personally. I think that's a shame, but it's just the opinion of one fat nerd on the internet, not :tinfoil:. You can get super defensive all you want, but it would probably be more productive for his cause if you expended that effort in helping him out.

Either way, I still get to be curious about the stakeholders in that Keepstar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Orange Red Bull posted:

Hey Hendrick who owns that keepstar and who has docking rights? Who is gonna sell supers out of there and who is gonna defend it?

• Locked thread