Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
This thread is great when it's all about KJI and TIC. Really really great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
here's something else, here's a jewish scumbag who's celebrating the death of the victims in the attack in Tel-Aviv as one of them was an activist in "Peace Now" -

removed

"One of the casualties in the attack is a Peace Now activist
Enough I cannot contain all this joy
Elor Azaria that one's for you"

Here's her facebook profile - removed

To be clear: if you can harass her or hack her profile or do ~~anything~~, go hog wild.

I also received a lovely death threat a few moments ago, fun times.

MOD NOTE: please do not encourage harassment or abuse.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 11, 2016

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Kim Jong Il posted:

I think they're stupid in general (see above knocking the NYC boycott), but it's not all boycotts, it's Barghouti's boycott. There are groups like the PA that boycott the settlements and whatever. Barghouti's boycott is both collective punishment and has the end game of ethnic cleansing.

What are you views on the BDS movement Re: South Africa?

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

emanresu tnuocca posted:

"One of the casualties in the attack is a Peace Now activist
Enough I cannot contain all this joy
Elor Azaria that one's for you"

I think doxxing is a bannable offense.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Svartvit posted:

I think doxxing is a bannable offense.

Worth it in this case.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Worth it in this case.

No, don't! You have so much to livepost for! It's not worth it!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Worth it in this case.

o7 thank you for your service

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

I wish I lived in this world.

He's not wrong. Even among die-hard supporters of Israel (in North America at least), there is frequent acknowledgement that the settlements are unjust. I've been told that the same is generally true in Israel as well (although I can't confirm this personally).

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

He's not wrong. Even among die-hard supporters of Israel (in North America at least), there is frequent acknowledgement that the settlements are unjust. I've been told that the same is generally true in Israel as well (although I can't confirm this personally).

Meh. I think they've just accepted the necessities of a two state solution and know that it would require them to give up the hardcore settlements that are super far in. No way is anybody in Israel, possibly even on the left, giving up Ariel, for example.
And again, Bennett's groupies don't want to give anything up, but they're major racist psychos.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Platonicsolid posted:

Remember, KJI is one of those people who believes that objecting to ethnic cleansing of Group B by Group A is ethnic cleansing of Group A.

No, I believe that promising to remove group A and replace them with group B is ethnic cleansing.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Kim Jong Il posted:

No, I believe that promising to remove group A and replace them with group B is ethnic cleansing.

Then surely you'd be satisfied if the Jewish settlers were allowed to remain but the territory containing the settlements would be under the control of the Palestinian state, correct?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kim Jong Il posted:

Promising to do a thing is nothing at all. Perhaps you mean actually removing group A and replacing it with group B is ethnic cleansing? Cause someone's doing that right now.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Then surely you'd be satisfied if the Jewish settlers were allowed to remain but the territory containing the settlements would be under the control of the Palestinian state, correct?

I'm not talking about settlements, I'm talking about the goal of the BDS movement to expel Israelis from Israel proper.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Kim Jong Il posted:

I'm not talking about settlements, I'm talking about the goal of the BDS movement to expel Israelis from Israel proper.

Uh, that's not the goal of BDS. I'm not sure where you got that idea.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Dr. Stab posted:

Uh, that's not the goal of BDS. I'm not sure where you got that idea.

Oh lord, here we go again.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kim Jong Il posted:

Yes of course. That's a thing that really exists and is really relevant.

Meanwhile, Israel keeps demolishing Palestinian homes and keeps building new settlements, but hey, allegedly, some BDS people want to expel all Jews from the middle east so it's the Palestinians who are in the wrong.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Kim Jong Il posted:

Are the settlements part of "Israel Proper" in your definition?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ANIME AKBAR posted:

While sadly infeasible I am really curious what happens in the alternate universe(s?) where this is the decision.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Kim Jong Il posted:

As someone who supports BDS I, along with many others in this thread, would be super interested to discover this vast conspiracy you've somehow uncovered as I wouldn't want to support an organisation that supports ethnic cleansing (Hence my opposition to Israel in the first place). I'm super sure that unlike last time, these aren't just really loving stupid claims that are supported by absolutely nothing and only serve to make you look foolish!

But no, let's hear all about your nonsense conspiracy theories about how a largely powerless organisation is trying to commit ethnic cleansing against Israel instead of talking about - say - the actual ethnic cleansing being committed against the Palestinians for decades. After all, imaginary crimes against imaginary Israelis takes precedents over real crimes against real Palestinians.

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 12, 2016

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
What do you think happens if millions of refugees come from Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan? Even if they merely demand that every 1948 property deed be honored (and note the anti-Zionists who throw a fit every time there's an eviction in Silwan using the same logic), that means the majority of Israelis would be expelled. There's no possible outcome for Barghouti's demands being implemented other than mass ethnic cleansing. By asking for impossible concessions and radicalizing the Israeli right, BDS has therefore done serious harm to the actual peace movement. How exactly is Israel supposed to interpret a demand to cease to exist?

Platonicsolid posted:

Are the settlements part of "Israel Proper" in your definition?

No, although there's clearly a meaningful distinction between places like Ariel, which should be dismantled, Bennett-ites in trailers in the middle of the desert, and land that the PA has indicated it would be willing to trade for peace. I don't have any qualms about the latter even if they're currently considered settlements.

Kim Jong Il fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 12, 2016

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Edit- Nevermind. I missed the part about your wacky BDS belief and got confused.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Kim Jong Il posted:

What do you think happens if millions of refugees come from Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan? Even if they merely demand that every 1948 property deed be honored (and note the anti-Zionists who throw a fit every time there's an eviction in Silwan using the same logic), that means the majority of Israelis would be expelled. There's no possible outcome for Barghouti's demands being implemented other than mass ethnic cleansing. By asking for impossible concessions and radicalizing the Israeli right, BDS has therefore done serious harm to the actual peace movement. How exactly is Israel supposed to interpret a demand to cease to exist?

Do you think Barghouti has autocratic leadership over BDS, and because he has stated a demand that is the only point at which people will stop supporting BDS? Because that's not how it works in reality.

Edit- I meant to edit the above. Woopsie.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cugel the Clever posted:

Good thing he specifically targeted a creed rather than a race, in that case.

I'm pretty sure expressing a desire to exterminate all believers of a particular creed still counts as genocide. For example this would seem to count:

M. Discordia posted:

Kill All Communists

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Main Paineframe posted:

For some people, "never forget" doesn't mean "don't let genocide happen again", it means "don't let oppression of the Jewish people happen again". For followers of the latter definition, the Holocaust is often seen as just proof that all gentiles are potential anti-semites and therefore ultimately can't be trusted. From there, it's a pretty straightforward path to Jewish supremacism.

Can you give some examples of those "some people" who are Jewish supremacists who hate and distrust all gentiles and are using Holocaust remembrance for that purpose? You kind of make it sound like a pretty substantial number and yet nobody springs to mind, but I'm guessing you have some ideas about which people or groups would qualify.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

The Insect Court posted:

I'm pretty sure expressing a desire to exterminate all believers of a particular creed still counts as genocide. For example this would seem to count:

Can you give some examples of those "some people" who are Jewish supremacists who hate and distrust all gentiles and are using Holocaust remembrance for that purpose? You kind of make it sound like a pretty substantial number and yet nobody springs to mind, but I'm guessing you have some ideas about which people or groups would qualify.

The Israeli government.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Checkmate, antisemites :smuggo:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Kim Jong Il posted:

What do you think happens if millions of refugees come from Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan?

Then Israeli Jews get to learn how to coexist with Arabs. It would also be an excellent driver to actually fix Israel's cost-of-living and housing availability issues, instead of using them to push the settler agenda.

The Insect Court posted:

Every Jewish Press writer, and the people who read those writings.:coolfish:

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

The Insect Court posted:

Still waiting for one of y'all to dredge up a single advocate for palestinian rights who hasn't been called an anti-semite.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my new friends. egyptian sheep

we're all children of the lord. to share your life with animals is to share it with a tiny fragment of creation

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my pastures are always green. my soil is velvet delicious with broken-down minerals and the bodies of the dead. in my valleys it rains every evening. my daybreaks are rosy, my vagina easing open to let the sunlight in. sweet new grasses flourish in my womb. the promised land isn't bedrock and dust. the promised land is inside me, clasped warm and intimate within the loving fortress of my flesh; man or woman, living or ghost, any jew who dares set foot inside my vagina will find there an eternal homeland

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
palestinians are welcome too

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
in the sacred chambers of my body there is no war

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Ultramega posted:

Still waiting for one of y'all to dredge up a single advocate for palestinian rights who hasn't been called an anti-semite.

Tic is the type if person who would have probably joined the SS if he was German during WWII, so if your looking for actual debate you're barking up the wrong tree.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Don't everyone answer at once, though.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ultramega posted:

What an odd non sequitur. Of course not every advocate for Palestinian rights should be dismissed as an antisemite, that goes without saying. Is the implication that since every anti-Zionist is falsely accused of antisemitism (in your view), it's totally unnecessary for anti-Zionists to critically assess their own discourse? I think that's obviously problematic, for the same reason the conservative notion that all conservatives are wrongly tarred as racists is both false and dangerous.

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

The point is that some defenders of Israel (and you TIC specifically) either directly accuse or indirectly insinuate antisemitism as a driving force or feature of the mindset of any pro-Palestinian or anti-Israeli figure. The point isn't about ignoring antisemitism when it arises but that abusing they label is a tactic of significant numbers of supporters of Israel who devalue the power of that label. I would add in doing so they create cover for and enable actual antisemitism, though I don't believe that's a goal.

And yes, I think you forums poster TIC enable antisemitism by defaulting to that as the reason why every critic of Israel is posting.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Reminder that TIC and KJII both have repeatedly claimed it's anti-Semitic to propose that basic human rights should be extended to Palestinians. One could argue that cheapening the term to such an extent does more harm than good, but I can imagine what they think of that argument.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 14, 2016

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Speaking of false accusations of anti-Semitism, the investigation into anti-Semitism at CUNY has concluded that the widely-publicized event that led to the investigation never actually happened. The whole affair was kicked off by an anonymous report to Jewish Telegraphic Agency that protesters had called the openly Jewish chair of a faculty meeting a "Zionist pig", which was immediately picked up and repeated by other media outlets and the Zionist Organization of America, but after an extensive investigation, nobody who was actually there heard that phrase.

quote:

Claims of widespread anti-Semtisim at City University of New York created an uproar earlier this year. One troubling event, described in a Jewish Telegraphic Agencyreport and later repeated in a long letter penned by the Zionist Organization of America, took place at a February 16 student protest held during a faculty meeting. One student, the report went, shouted at a Jewish faculty member: “Zionist pig!”

The only thing is, it doesn’t appear anyone ever said it.

In statement released the afternoon of June 9, Brooklyn College said that after an extensive investigation it could find no witnesses who heard the phrase. While a protestor may have shouted “Zionist,” the more incendiary phrase was not heard by witnesses questioned.

“Contrary to allegations reported in the media,” the statement read, “no witness heard the phrase ‘Zionist pig.’”

The college mounted an investigation almost immediately after it occurred in February. Two students, Thomas DeAngelis and Sarah Aly, were ultimately brought forward for a disciplinary hearing for their involvement in the February action, which was held to protest a number of university issues, including tuition increases and reports of police surveillance at the school — not the Israeli government or its policies.

DeAngelis and Aly faced charges of disrupting the meeting and possible expulsion, but were largely exonerated in a May 20 hearing. The Brooklyn College disciplinary committee found that the students were only guilty of violating “one of Hendersons Rules,” and therefore, imposed the penalty of “admonition.”

The students were charged with violating Henderson Rules 1, 2, 3, and 7, the decision from the committee read, but were only found guilty of violating Henderson Rule 2, failing to “comply with lawful direction issued by representatives” of the university.

“The students were never even charged with making hateful or anti-Jewish statements. That is because they never said anything hateful or anti-Jewish,” said Radhika Sainath, a lawyer with Palestine Legal, an organization which provided legal support for the students.

“This was a politically-motivated disciplinary process that should never have happened,” Sainath said.

The report of the phrase “Zionist pig” dates back to the JTA article, which cited an anonymous faculty member as the source. It was widely repeated afterwards by other outlets (including this site) and condemned by the Anti-Defamation League and the ZOA.

The ZOA’s public letter highlighted the possible involvement of Students for Justice in Palestine, a loosely organized national group that has been at the forefront of efforts to boycott or divest from Israel on campuses. While Angelis and Aly are members of the group, the February protest was not an SJP event.

The ZOA letter pegged a long string charges of anti-Semitism on SJP but the charges werelargely self-reported by students . The fact that Brooklyn College could find no witnesses to corroborate the “Zionist pig” claim could suggest that similar allegations of widespread anti-Semitism at CUNY will prove difficult to independently verify.

The ZOA declined to comment on the inclusion of what now appears to be an uncorroborated charge in their letter, but in aprevious interview with the Forward described how they compiled the letter. “When we wrote the letter,” ZOA president Morton Klein said, “we simply described what was described to us.”

Palestine Legal said the disciplinary hearing for two SJP members was part of a wider trend.

The charges against Aly and DeAngelis reflect a “pattern of politically-motivated tactics used to suppress Palestinian rights advocates across the country, including at the City University of New York,” a statement from Palestine Legal said.

Maria LaHood, deputy legal director at the Center for Constitutional Rights, said that Aly and DeAngelis deserve an apology from Brooklyn College. By immediately characterizing Aly and DeAngelis as participating in an “anti-Zionist and anti-Jewish” event — as the protest was called by the the school’s president — the students were “publicly smeared … as having made hateful comments.”

The charges of anti-Semitism, LaHood said, were “trumped-up.”

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

The Insect Court posted:

What an odd non sequitur.

What an odd thing I did broaching a subject people are using this thread to talk about. You also didn't answer my question.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
A major anti-terror bill has made it through the Knesset. Most of it is just about increasing prison terms, making convictions easier, and so forth, but a few provisions are particularly ripe for abuse. First of all, the prime minister and defense minister have the power to unilaterally declare any group to be a terror organization; financially supporting any such organization is a crime punishable by 9 years in prison, and publicly saying positive things about such organizations is punishable by 3 years in prison. Charities which "indirectly but substantially contribute to terror groups" can now be declared illegal by the defense minister, and their employees can now be convicted of terror offenses and sentenced to prison. The defense minister can also seize any financial assets he deems to be related to terror, even if the owner has not been convicted of a crime or even indicted.

Miri Regev, the current Culture Minister, is questioning Israeli theatre groups and dance troupes about whether they refuse to put on acts in the West Bank - while making statements that clearly imply that organizations that don't go to the settlements will see their funding cut.

An officer who ordered the shelling of an empty clinic during the 2014 Gaza war solely as a salute to a soldier who bad been killed nearby previously will not be charged with any crime, though the IDF plans to reprimand him for "sending the wrong message" because he told his troops that's why he was doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

A major anti-terror bill has made it through the Knesset. Most of it is just about increasing prison terms, making convictions easier, and so forth, but a few provisions are particularly ripe for abuse. First of all, the prime minister and defense minister have the power to unilaterally declare any group to be a terror organization; financially supporting any such organization is a crime punishable by 9 years in prison, and publicly saying positive things about such organizations is punishable by 3 years in prison. Charities which "indirectly but substantially contribute to terror groups" can now be declared illegal by the defense minister, and their employees can now be convicted of terror offenses and sentenced to prison. The defense minister can also seize any financial assets he deems to be related to terror, even if the owner has not been convicted of a crime or even indicted.

Miri Regev, the current Culture Minister, is questioning Israeli theatre groups and dance troupes about whether they refuse to put on acts in the West Bank - while making statements that clearly imply that organizations that don't go to the settlements will see their funding cut.

An officer who ordered the shelling of an empty clinic during the 2014 Gaza war solely as a salute to a soldier who bad been killed nearby previously will not be charged with any crime, though the IDF plans to reprimand him for "sending the wrong message" because he told his troops that's why he was doing it.

Gentle reminder that the defence minister is now Liberman. I am pretty sure that if I ever go back they can throw me in jail based on my post history which is pretty hosed up!