Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

rode my bike down the beach... there's a dog show on the beach... it blows my mind that people dedicate their lives to dog shows...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

Baloogan posted:

the drat dog borke the sacred bond of trust between dog and man

and ATE my drat sandwich
the son of a bitch even removed the tomatoes because he doesn't like goddamn tomatoes

dogs are for trolling people IRL....

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the fucker is eying my lunch but i now know to be eternally vigilient

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Baloogan posted:

the drat dog borke the sacred bond of trust between dog and man

and ATE my drat sandwich
the son of a bitch even removed the tomatoes because he doesn't like goddamn tomatoes

The first rule of the ufc lunchroom is to always defend your sandwiches intelligently.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
it jus tdidnt cross my mind that the drat dog would go up on the table and grab my sandwich
bad fukcing dog

its literally the worst thing that has happened to me all week
aside from work

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
losing sandwiches LIKE A DOG!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Baloogan posted:

it jus tdidnt cross my mind that the drat dog would go up on the table and grab my sandwich
bad fukcing dog

its literally the worst thing that has happened to me all week
aside from work

Your dog sensed that you had let your guard down and claimed his prize. Just wait till his dog buddies hear about this, dogs around town will be laughing at you for weeks.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i just didnt expect ot ever be made a fool by a dog

this god is usually really well behaved, first time iver EVEr had it steal food from me

it was FED this was after it had its drat dinner too
no excuses

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I do 100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 squats and 8.3 miles running every single day. I've been doing this for a little over 1000 days now, and I dream of being a ufc fighter! I'm going to join a mma gym just as soon as I get a new car!

You overdid it

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Lord of Pie posted:

You overdid it

Yeah, I started doing the training with only 10k but it needed a little more. 10k wasn't satisfying enough.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzcOCyHDqc

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

WINNINGHARD posted:

rode my bike down the beach... there's a dog show on the beach... it blows my mind that people dedicate their lives to dog shows...

i stayed at a hotel once where there was a basset hound convention

had to be at least a hundred basset hounds and dozens of people with like basset hound bumper stickers and rvs going around the country to watch their loving basset hounds sniff around in the grass

there was an obstacle course! i didnt ever see the feats of athleticism performed by the basset hounds tho. there was a ring like six inches off the ground for them to jump through gracefully

i took a picture of somebody's custom-painted car with a basset hound theme gonna hafta see if i still have that

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Baloogan posted:

i just didnt expect ot ever be made a fool by a dog

this god is usually really well behaved, first time iver EVEr had it steal food from me

it was FED this was after it had its drat dinner too
no excuses

:sad:

I just did my second workout, and for some reason my arms are so sore that i can't fully extend them. should i be worried?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mayor Dave posted:

I just did my second workout, and for some reason my arms are so sore that i can't fully extend them. should i be worried?

yes thats is loving dumb im on my 10th beer and all iave had to eat is hummus sliced roast beef and bree cheeze and taseki and like olive bread and i barely can get off the couch to get more beer

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WzKDdj0CxY

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
I need to exercise more, I used to quite a bit when I was just out of high school but that was back when I had to walk 3 miles to work so I was used to it.
My current job is working for an old manufacturing company and wowing people with crazy ideas like 'lets put documents on *the cloud*' and winning awards for those ideas.
It's boring.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

you're doing that 5x5 im doing right? even if you're not i think it's pretty simple; just stretch until you get your range of motion back, dont worry about going to the gym again until your body is ready

i didnt go 3x/wk for the first week or two when i started tbh, early soreness can be p extreme, even though it's just like the empty bar and poo poo

i've gotten on and off this wagon before so i've been through it before

but yeah, i would just say that you should listen to your body and not go back to the gym until you regain the required range of motion. dont try to force your body to keep up to some schedule on a spreadsheet. do stretches and whatnot. and don't worry about it at all, your body is teaching itself how to do poo poo, this is the point

if it keeps happening for weeks then you can start worrying about it but i really doubt it will

---

if somebody who knows aything about anything wants to overrule me thats cool

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

oystertoadfish posted:

feats of athleticism performed by the basset hounds

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Mrit posted:

I need to exercise more, I used to quite a bit when I was just out of high school but that was back when I had to walk 3 miles to work so I was used to it.
My current job is working for an old manufacturing company and wowing people with crazy ideas like 'lets put documents on *the cloud*' and winning awards for those ideas.
It's boring.

I think the most important thing when getting back into exercising is that you don't push yourself so hard that you lose the motivation to keep at it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I think the most important thing when getting back into exercising is that you don't push yourself so hard that you lose the motivation to keep at it.

I did a hard workout on a lark recently and I was limping around like an idiot for the following five days. Sad state of affairs.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

gaze upon the van of a basset hound enthusiast

or don't w/e

the picture was taken in california incidentally

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Matoi Ryuko posted:

well when the doctor told me i was pre-diabetic and i needed to take care of myself so i don't die, that was a pretty good motivator

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Lol gently caress England in their giant asses. I hope Wales go through

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

well when the doctor told me i was pre-diabetic and i needed to take care of myself so i don't die, that was a pretty good motivator

Most people aren't wise enough to listen to their doctors, good on you, man.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

rear end cobra posted:

Lol gently caress England in their giant asses. I hope Wales go through

i enjoy that kind of thing, its fun to see the largest number of fans have the most negative possible emotions. that's what sports is all about really

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Since my insurance covers my visit I'll be going to get my yearly ball fondling on monday.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Matoi Ryuko posted:

thanks, i appreciate that. i've already lost a good 30 pounds this year, but now i want to get closer to where i was in high school so i got the gym membership and everything

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

thanks, i appreciate that. i've already lost a good 30 pounds this year, but now i want to get closer to where i was in high school so i got the gym membership and everything

that's awesome and is proof that you are doing the needful

i should do the needful

we should all do the needful

just finally getting aroudn to watching the england game, i love the russian/cccp anthem and nice to see that the 'security problems' in this tournament seem to be the same old 'pasty white dudes getting in street fights and committing petty vandalism' that makes sports such a beacon of hope in society. so far

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 23:27 on Jun 11, 2016

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

ThndrShk2k posted:

Since my insurance covers my visit I'll be going to get my yearly ball fondling on monday.

we have a rule at work that whenever anyone goes to the doctor we ask them how the colonoscopy went

prepare your butt hole.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Yeah, I started doing the training with only 10k but it needed a little more. 10k wasn't satisfying enough.

Oh good. No AC or heat either I suppose?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

zen death robot posted:

junkrat is my main now

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Solvent posted:

Oh good. No AC or heat either I suppose?

:p

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

My PC is working again, I think maybe it just needed to cool down or whatever.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Matoi Ryuko posted:

My PC is working again, I think maybe it just needed to cool down or whatever.

Sounds like you may definitely need to dust it out.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

ThndrShk2k posted:

Sounds like you may definitely need to dust it out.

I'm gunna clean it with a toothbrush, what kind of toothpaste would you suggest?

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm gunna clean it with a toothbrush, what kind of toothpaste would you suggest?

Do you have hydrofluoric acid? Also works great as hand soap.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Note: This is not 4chan. DO NOT DO THIS.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Fantastic Aesthetic!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Where do you even get hydroflouric acid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

actrually, this is 4chan.

• Locked thread