Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

tooterfish posted:

Are you on drugs?!?

the PvP slider isn't in yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
People jumping between open and solo are literally baby men but if you talk about it you magically become a salt shaker.

:shrug:

I hope this was a good meltdown senpai

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Reading though this, lol and hands up who hasn't wanted these after a security ship has drifted through your guns, and suddenly you have the attention of three well armed anacondas :o: After the last CG I'd gotten standing my bird on her tail and getting the hell out of Dodge ASAP down to a fine art.

quote:

Smart Rounds
Friend or foe targeting upgrade that causes rounds to self-destruct before damaging ships that are not currently targeted.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

the PvP slider isn't in yet

Considering the stinking shitheap that is SC, the PvP slider will either be added in 20XX, roughly on the same day Mega Man will be activated, or it will make your PC explode if you're dumb enough to try "playing" this non-game.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Knifegrab posted:

People jumping between open and solo are literally baby men
And yet they're not the ones doing all the crying. :shrug:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Reading though this, lol and hands up who hasn't wanted these after a security ship has drifted through your guns, and suddenly you have the attention of three well armed anacondas :o: After the last CG I'd gotten standing my bird on her tail and getting the hell out of Dodge ASAP down to a fine art.
Those look very nice.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
If the best thing you had going in life was an mmo sandcastle, you'd be pretty defensive about it too.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

DreadLlama posted:

If the best thing you had going in life was an mmo sandcastle, you'd be pretty defensive about it too.

As opposed to getting all kinds of mad about sand castles existing that you can't kick over?

That seems like a healthy adult attitude :D

Fishreds99
Jul 8, 2009

Beep Boop
Lol owned

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Look to see a bunch of new replies.

"Oh, I bet they are having the 'Open vs. Solo' argument again".

Yep!

legooolas
Jul 30, 2004

Akion posted:

Look to see a bunch of new replies.

"Oh, I bet they are having the 'Open vs. Solo' argument again".

Yep!

This is the open argument thread. There's also a solo thread which people are posting in, just no one else can see.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

legooolas posted:

This is the open argument thread. There's also a solo thread which people are posting in, just no one else can see.

Don't worry you can hop between both threads whenever the open thread gets scary :unsmith:

*An exploit exists*. *people abuse the exploit*. *people say the exploit is dumb and bad*. "hey us exploiters are having fun, nice meltdown [salt emoji], people opposed to exploiting cry the most"

:nallears:

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 11, 2016

Snaxx
Apr 5, 2009
Both arguments are valid. That's why the argument will never end. Anyone who can't see why the other side is valid needs to take another step back.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Fishreds99 posted:

Also, SC just pushed alpha 2.4 to stable and it is freaking awesome. I would also recommend anyone looking for that eve-in-cockpits experience to quit shitposting about ED and enjoy games that are designed to actually make sense.
loving lol

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Knifegrab posted:

*An exploit exists*. *people abuse the exploit*. *people say the exploit is dumb and bad*. "hey us exploiters are having fun, nice meltdown [salt emoji], people opposed to exploiting cry the most"
Is anyone even actually :siren:exploiting:siren: the way you claim to be so worried about? I thought most people just picked a mode and stuck with it (except when they have to switch to solo to get a docking space, the dirty cheating bastards).

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:laffo: how the gently caress is that an exploit?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Knifegrab posted:

Don't worry you can hop between both threads whenever the open thread gets scary :unsmith:

:nallears:

:salt::allears:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Exploits are just game features you don't personally approve of, I guess.

I installed Star Citizen again just to see if this 2.4 release is any less awful and well,

El Grillo posted:

loving lol

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 376 days!
this thread is so embarrassing to read.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

TRON JEREMY posted:

this thread is so embarrassing to read.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

As opposed to getting all kinds of mad about sand castles existing that you can't kick over?

That seems like a healthy adult attitude :D

This would all make a lot more sense if there was anything resembling a sand castle to even be built. (I want to build a little outpost damnit!)

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Whereas the Star Citizen sandcastle exists as a jpeg, the Elite sandcastle is merely imaginary. an npc faction of frogmen?

DreadLlama fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 11, 2016

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Eyud posted:

Exploits are just game features you don't personally approve of, I guess.

I installed Star Citizen again just to see if this 2.4 release is any less awful and well,

If you re-installed and clicked "I agree" to the new TOS you've done yourself out of ever getting a refund (probably) :v:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

That's fine, I only ever paid the bare minimum for it and I feel like I've gotten my money's worth in entertainment at this point anyway. If there's ever a playable game it'll just be a bonus.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

God drat I'd love to have a little station to call my own. I'd name it Wang station. Does a Wang station already exist? It probably does.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
The only thing better/worse than the open/solo debate is unironic Star Citizen posts

Tikal
Nov 14, 2008

KakerMix posted:

The only thing better/worse than the open/solo debate is unironic Star Citizen posts

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

What about unironically posting about unironic start citizen posts? Where does that fall on the spectrum?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Knifegrab posted:

What about unironically posting about unironic start citizen posts? Where does that fall on the spectrum?

Slightly to the left of fuchsia.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Knifegrab posted:

God drat I'd love to have a little station to call my own. I'd name it Wang station. Does a Wang station already exist? It probably does.
There's definitely at least one Wang Enterprise.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Knifegrab posted:

Fishreds99
Jul 8, 2009

Beep Boop
I've had enough Wang after trying to get allied with Sirius Corp.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
I guess what i really want is Sim Outpost 2016. It's not like there isn't enough space in the galaxy to give everyone 4m acres and a M.U.L.E.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Knifegrab posted:

I'm not sure precisely where, but I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread is somewhere on the spectrum.

I have a Wang Ring, too.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Is there a beginners guide to engineers and horizons and all the stuff to do? I just got it on Xbox, made my first planetary landing and landed as a big rear end planetary city. Just god drat they knocked it out of the park. I don't have a clue what to do though. I've noticed that at resource sites killed ships drop some sort of materials. What are those for? They don't fill up my cargo or I can't seem to sell them. The first engineer I have in my menu is redded out too. I'd love some help.

Also, I get killed pretty quickly now. How do the number/letter ratings work for gear? I'm trying to get better shields and weapons but I think I've messed up because me eagle turns like a brick now.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

3000ly + out of the bubble and I find this guy crashed in his escape pod, "drat, you're one lucky S.O.B!" :cool:

ah poo poo.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Idgi

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Fishreds99 posted:

I've had enough Wang after trying to get allied with Sirius Corp.

Are you man enough to face

also I tried prospecting here but only uncovered a miserable little pile of secrets

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

No cargo space on the ship, and you can't park your Scarab with cargo in its pockets.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
How much truth is there to the tons of negative reviews on steam about 2.1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

ShadowMoo posted:

How much truth is there to the tons of negative reviews on steam about 2.1?

A lot of people over reacting, partially. Lots of QoL things in this update, but the actual added content, the engineers stuff is RNG bullshit that is not worth the effort.

• Locked thread