Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Gigi Galli posted:

Because he's really bad.

Honestly other than him England played great. A little more accuracy and they'd have had 3 or 4 goals. That was the best game I've seen Rooney play in a long time.

The team was OK but maybe Roy could remember that it has been permitted to make 3 substitutes since 1995.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Hegay posted:

Brexit now

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Scikar posted:

The team was OK but maybe Roy could remember that it has been permitted to make 3 substitutes since 1995.

Roy is a mess.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
why is three lions not embedded in the background of every page itt?

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Sadly, English fans are violent killers with a history of killing fans.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Sadly, English fans are violent killers with a history of killing fans.

yes but CAGES!

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

That was loving poo poo from start to finish. Couldn't score and can't defend.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

EvilHawk posted:

That was loving poo poo from start to finish. Couldn't score and can't defend.

No it wasn't and yes we could we did.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Pissflaps posted:

No it wasn't and yes we could we did.

We should have been three nil up at half time but nobody could stick the ball in the back of the net. One fantastic free kick went in, and as soon as Russia showed any sort of attacking threat we couldn't clear the ball.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

When I sing gstq it's for you Bekkah

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is Marseillles burning? And would anyone be able to tell the difference if it did

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Under the Caliphate none of this would happen.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

That's the right way to treat WAGs

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

i think she should read up on her history

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

I knew Roy kept Vardy caged, but he teargassed him too? Roy out.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Also Rooney is a fat loving fraud and who cares if he possibly played well, Alli, Dier and Drinkwater with Vardy on as well would have been better.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
rip

https://twitter.com/footbalIfights/status/741673863520608256

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

French Revolution?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

lmao he actually didn't even play vardy, what a joke

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

https://vine.co/v/iLmgH35tZZ9

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Protect your pint

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The thing about England fans is they think they are real tough because they live in the mean streets of Linconlshire or whatever the gently caress and then they go against some proper nutcases like Russians and they get their poo poo pushed in.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

El Hefe posted:

The thing about England fans is they think they are real tough because they live in the mean streets of Linconlshire or whatever the gently caress and then they go against some proper nutcases like Russians and they get their poo poo pushed in.

Idk, looks like they held their own, Russians are the biggest pussies in the world

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

African AIDS cum posted:

Idk, looks like they held their own, Russians are the biggest pussies in the world

*In march the American Outlaws, who unfurl a 65' wario tifo*

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

KFBR392 posted:

*In march the American Outlaws, who unfurl a 65' wario tifo*

we would just lend/lease it to the brits

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Imagine not playing vardy lol hodgson is a clown

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Nike tells Woy who to pick.

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

"Harry Kane took six corners in the game, only one fewer than he managed in his 38 Premier League games in 2015-16."

"Kane did not have a single touch in the opposition box against Russia."

I assume the only replacement was Vardy for Kane, but given the formation and Kane's strengths/performance, im not convinced it would have made a tangible difference. Tactics isnt my forte, but is Vardy's absence a more general dig at the formation?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

cadfael posted:

Protect your pint

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

cadfael posted:

"Harry Kane took six corners in the game, only one fewer than he managed in his 38 Premier League games in 2015-16."

I assume the only replacement was Vardy for Kane, but given the formation and Kane's strengths/performance, im not convinced it would have made a tangible difference. Tactics isnt my forte, but is Vardy's absence a more general dig at the formation?

seeemed like taking off rooney weakened the team but to be fair to roy that was the best ive seen england play in a tournament for twenty years unless you count drinking games

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Breath Ray posted:

that was the best ive seen england play in a tournament for twenty years unless you count drinking games

They've been edging this way for the last two years or so imo. I no longer feel quite so apoplectic watching them as I have for the past... well, 10 years or so. Imo they werent quite so teeth wrenching before about 2004.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
was watching until the 85th and got called into work but all i can say is PHWOAR its coming home great result for us

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

quote:

The head of the Russian football fans’ union told TASS that no mass clashes between the Russian and English fans in the stands had taken place.

“In fact, there was no clash,” said Aleksandr Shprigin. “The entire English sector… just got up and ran away. There were no scuffles, police were standing there. Everything is ok. The police are working well.”

https://www.rt.com/sport/346249-russia-fans-england-football/

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

JFairfax posted:

Plz don't probate me for that gg

:evilbuddy:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I still believe

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

cadfael posted:

Would've made the most sense. They started pushing forward after they scored. Two cbs with a combined age of 70 and Vardy couldn't even get on to run at them. Kane was garbage

Vardy needs to start against Wales

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

El Hefe posted:

not everyone can live in the murder capital of the world like you

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Agreed with the posts that England played well. The only misstep was not taking off Kane for Vardy or Rashford. No idea why Rooney got subbed, he was playing well and tracking back, maybe he picked up a knock I hadn't noticed. Hart looked pretty iffy but he's going to start unless he gets injured.

Each time England have made it to a semi in major tournaments their opener has been a frustrating draw.

I still believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Wow I could tell Hodgson didn't like Vardy but I didn't think he would go so far

• Locked thread