Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
At least with this injury we don't have to have a 3 month-long argument about whether he's worthy of keeping on the end of your roster.

Didn't someone here say he was going to be the OBJ of 2015?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I drafted Perriman with my first round pick in a dymasty draft last year. :negative:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

What's worst, his hands, knees or hairline?

Hairline and it's not really close

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Nawid posted:

I drafted Perriman with my first round pick in a dymasty draft last year. :negative:

:thurman:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Anyone telling you this Breshad Perriman injury means good things for Steve Smith is a liar and a charlatan and you should kick him in the junk immediately:

http://i.imgur.com/7gc6jt1.jpg

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I haven't seen anyone say that. Mostly it seems to be people thinking Chris Moore is the guy to own (they're dumb) or that now Aiken is at minimum the WR2 on the team and best case the WR1 if Steve Smith is old and bad now (smart guys, like me).

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Times when it's okay to have a Ravens skill position player:

- Jamal Lewis in 2003
- Jamal Lewis in 2006
- Uh Todd Heap That One Time

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

RVProfootballer posted:

I haven't seen anyone say that. Mostly it seems to be people thinking Chris Moore is the guy to own (they're dumb) or that now Aiken is at minimum the WR2 on the team and best case the WR1 if Steve Smith is old and bad now (smart guys, like me).

fantasy football twitter is getting all flustered over Steve Smith's 2015 numbers like he got a hang nail

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

fantasy football twitter is getting all flustered over Steve Smith's 2015 numbers like he got a hang nail

Ah yeah, I'm mostly just dynasty, so Steve Smith is almost literally worthless.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

- Jamal Lewis in 2003
- Jamal Lewis in 2006

Or Kamar Aiken in 2015 when he was like, what, a WR2 for 2/3 the year, or Forsett in 2014 when he was a top 10 RB, or Ray Rice for four years, or a million other guys, you absolute fucker!!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i don't count ray rice because i have morally removed him from my memory

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Torrey Smith is dead to me

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Torrey Smith gonna get hella targets and has a 14th round ADP

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Torrey Smith gonna get hella targets and has a 14th round ADP

You misspelled Deandre Smelter and uhh Quinton Patton (or was I thinking of Bruce Ellington?). Alright yeah, Torrey probably will do something this year.

Is Gabbert really going to start over Kaep, though? Isn't he, like, awful?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

You misspelled Deandre Smelter and uhh Quinton Patton (or was I thinking of Bruce Ellington?). Alright yeah, Torrey probably will do something this year.

Is Gabbert really going to start over Kaep, though? Isn't he, like, awful?

49ers takes:

Quinton Patton is a dumb piece of poo poo. I loved Patton when he was drafted but he's done nothing but show he's a loving moron.

Bruce Ellington is super athletic but is kind of small (5'9", 197). He'll be good for some trickeration but with the NFC West moving towards that bigass safety/MLB combo secondary player, he's going to get snapped in half because he can't just run past that guy like he can traditional MLBs in the slot.

Blaine Gabbert is bad, but so is Colin Kaepernick. Gabbert is the "favorite" to start but Kaepernick literally just started throwing from his surgeries. He's lost a ton of muscle mass so maybe he won't rifle poo poo at people anymore. Who knows. It's a question mark. Don't listen to Grant Cohn about the bullshit with the 49ers rooting against Kaepernick because there were no pictures of him at minicamp on 49ers.com

Don't forget, Nick Foles, who is about to lose a roster spot to Case Keenum, was good under Kelly.

Also the #1 WR in Kelly's offense had 126, 143 and 117 (in 15 games) targets.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 12, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

49ers takes:

Quinton Patton is a dumb piece of poo poo. I loved Patton when he was drafted but he's done nothing but show he's a loving moron.

Bruce Ellington is super athletic but is kind of small (5'9", 197). He'll be good for some trickeration but with the NFC West moving towards that bigass safety/MLB combo secondary player, he's going to get snapped in half because he can't just run past that guy like he can traditional MLBs in the slot.

Blaine Gabbert is bad, but so is Colin Kaepernick. Gabbert is the "favorite" to start but Kaepernick literally just started throwing from his surgeries. He's lost a ton of muscle mass so maybe he won't rifle poo poo at people anymore. Who knows. It's a question mark. Don't listen to Grant Cohn about the bullshit with the 49ers rooting against Kaepernick because there were no pictures of him at minicamp on 49ers.com

Don't forget, Nick Foles, who is about to lose a roster spot to Case Keenum, was good under Kelly.

Sweet, good info. And yeah, I want to have some piece of a Chip Kelly team, but beyond Hyde (probably), I have no idea what piece. I felt like Kaep probably would win out if he gets healthy, and Torrey Smith might be kinda boom/bust but get a good number of targets.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Torrey Smith will do what he always does -- have one random 120-yard game that gets everyone's hopes up, do fuckall for the next 4 weeks, have another random 120-yard game that gets everyone's hopes up, rinse repeat.

gently caress Torrey Smith.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

- Jamal Lewis in 2003
- Jamal Lewis in 2006

I will not sit here and allow you to besmirch Derrick Mason

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Benne posted:

Torrey Smith will do what he always does -- have one random 120-yard game that gets everyone's hopes up, do fuckall for the next 4 weeks, have another random 120-yard game that gets everyone's hopes up, rinse repeat.

gently caress Torrey Smith.

I have to agree with Benne here. Torrey Smith isn't a guy that is going to be anywhere near consistent game to game and he doesn't have the size/possession ability of Boldin to be a regular target. Combine that with shaky QB play for a deep threat receiver and I am staying far away.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

RVProfootballer posted:

Sweet, good info. And yeah, I want to have some piece of a Chip Kelly team, but beyond Hyde (probably), I have no idea what piece. I felt like Kaep probably would win out if he gets healthy, and Torrey Smith might be kinda boom/bust but get a good number of targets.
I'm in a similar spot regarding the Niners. I buy into the opportunity-based arguments regarding their players but it's hard to fully sell myself on them. Torrey Smith could see a huge spike in his numbers a la Jackson/Maclin but I also believe he isn't as good as those guys so maybe that doesn't work out.

If Torrey Smith can't fit Chip's ideal WR1 mold, I'm buying on Bruce Ellington and TE Vance McDonald since they're so cheap in drafts. Elllington could be an interesting slot WR in Chip's offense and McDonald could be a nice flier in another weak year for TEs. He was a useful streamer at the end of last year and should pick up where he left off with Gabbert. I think Gabbert wins that job as making the quick and routine reads will matter more to Chip Kelly and Kaep was literally the worst at that in 2015.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006
Thoughts on Shady this year?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

crondaily posted:

Thoughts on Shady this year?

Seems fairly priced. Hard to argue with taking him at his current adp, but I wouldn't go higher.

Should also mention that Karlos Williams looks really good in Ground Control. It's Shady's backfield, but I'd be happy with Karlos as a dynasty asset, particularly in standard.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Late to replying to you, Spoeank, but the most important thing new players and even veterans need to know is that adp is a tool to help you maximize the value in getting players you want. If you are drafting a team based on what some "experts" believe, you deserve it when you lose. You'll probably lose anyway, so you might as well do it with players you like.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In the end Fantasy Football is just dumb entertainment. How people choose to enjoy that entertainment is up to them. For some that entertainment is better experienced by avoiding certain players. For others it's purely a competitive numbers game.

I got one:

Ray Rice year, I created and ran a charity drive where people would pledge money every time the Ravens scored a TD without Ray Rice on the field. This was before they kicked him off the team, so I ended up raising a few thou for a Baltimore women's shelter. During that pre-season, I traded for Ray Rice, and a person in that league called my move "unconscionable" because I had spearheaded the drive.

According to him, because I raised money for charity, I was being unethical.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Drunk Nerds posted:

I got one:

Ray Rice year, I created and ran a charity drive where people would pledge money every time the Ravens scored a TD without Ray Rice on the field. This was before they kicked him off the team, so I ended up raising a few thou for a Baltimore women's shelter. During that pre-season, I traded for Ray Rice, and a person in that league called my move "unconscionable" because I had spearheaded the drive.

According to him, because I raised money for charity, I was being unethical.

Adrian Peterson also got that treatment.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Spoeank posted:

49ers takes:

You should never listen to Grant Cohn about anything regarding the 49ers.

Maiocco and Barrows think Ellington will be productive as a slot receiver, even if the offence is terrible again this year the volume of a Kelly offence should make him draftable in the later rounds.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
N:

quote:

Coach Mike Mularkey reiterated that Dexter McCluster is assured of a role in the Titans' backfield.
The Titans' website is pushing it as McCluster being the "lightning" portion of Tennessee's "thunder and thunder" backfield, which will be led by DeMarco Murray and rookie Derrick Henry. "I think I’ve said it before: He clearly has a role here," Mularkey said of McCluster. "The offense is multi-faceted, and he will be parts of many different packages to try and attack defenses." McCluster's presence will likely limit the receiving usage of both Murray and Henry.

V: Keep loving that chicken, Titans

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Dexter McCluster is BSOHL personified

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
N:

Benne posted:

N:

V: Keep loving that chicken, Titans

V: :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Dion Lewis practicing, no knee brace, get in

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

BUT DANDY KAISER I WAS ALREADY ALL THE WAY IN

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Dion Lewis to get benched in week 2 for "smiling kind of funny" at BB, James White to go for 1500 total yards, 8 touchdowns, and 65 catches from week 3 on :troll:

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

RVProfootballer posted:

Dion Lewis to get benched in week 2 for "smiling kind of funny" at BB, James White to go for 1500 total yards, 8 touchdowns, and 65 catches from week 3 on :troll:

This assumes that Bill knows what a smile is.

"What's he doing with his mouth and his teeth? I don't like it."

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Veritek83 posted:

This assumes that Bill knows what a smile is.

"What's he doing with his mouth and his teeth? I don't like it."

10$ says BB was smiling like an idiot when he took Navy Longsnapper Joe Cardona in the 6th last year.

The two things Bill loves more than anything else in the world are special teams play and Navy Football.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Perriman didn't end up needing anything major done to his knee, just got scoped and stem cells injected. Recovery 2-4 weeks. Hell yeah.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Did they do a hand transplant too

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Did they do a hair transplant too

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 14, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Don't care don't care. It's the difference between him being next to worthless in dynasty and me being able to dump him off to someone who likes fast receivers that can't catch the ball for like a mid first!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RVProfootballer posted:

Don't care don't care. It's the difference between him being next to worthless in dynasty and me being able to dump him off to someone who likes fast receivers that can't catch the ball for like a mid first!

You play with terrible players if you get a mid 1st for him.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Adrian Peterson also got that treatment.

In hindsight, I overreacted a ton at that.
I thought it would devastate my team.

Not really, still won it all.

But AD broke my heart that year. :(

Sataere fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

You play with terrible players if you get a mid 1st for him.

Or, ya know, a bunch of experts that have Perriman between Doctson and Shepard, so somewhere around 1.04 or 1.05. I don't have to agree with it, but consensus is absolutely that he's worth a mid 1st.

• Locked thread