Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
There have been countless threads about the forced 50/50, which has not been able to be proved; obviously. And perhaps the MM is fair, but over the past few weeks I have been noticing a spike in damage done/taken with my group based on our winning streak:

The more you win, the less damage you do and the more damage you take.

Last night, after winning 10 consecutive games, in a pre-formed group, we began to lose, no matter how hard we focused. This continued into this morning until we hit 10 losses. Interesting.

After our 5th loss, I wanted to obtain actual numbers and began testing my theory. D.va's pilot damage is obvious and static, so I used her. I remained out of the MEKA and would only fire 1-2 shots an enemy's chest.

On heroes with no armor/shield it was 6 damage per bullet to the chest, consistently. My team has since started a custom game and repeated the same experiment, each bullet now does 14 damage to the chest.

I am not a theorycrafter, nor a game designer, I am just a regular gamer. If we are able to have more evidence, and visual proof (Soon ™), Blizzard will not be able to deny that they implemented a handicap in a game they call fair.

Want to see this for yourself? The easiest way to notice the increased damage you take is by Roadhog's hook. Its baseline damage is supposed to be 30, regardless of where it lands. Watch it fluctuate depending on your winning streak.

Edit: Video proof will be uploaded within 48 hours. I will be using FRAPS per community recommendation. Since the baseline of my complaint is purely damage done, I will replicate the D.va pilot example as notated above; after finishing a 10 game win streak. This will show a single shot into a flankers chest with no other enemies or healing available and then a custom game where I do the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Verranicus posted:

There have been countless threads about the forced 50/50, which has not been able to be proved; obviously. And perhaps the MM is fair, but over the past few weeks I have been noticing a spike in damage done/taken with my group based on our winning streak:

Last night, after winning 10 consecutive games, in a pre-formed group, we began to lose, no matter how hard we focused. This continued into this morning until we hit 10 losses. Interesting.

After our 5th loss, I wanted to obtain actual numbers and began testing my theory. D.va's pilot damage is obvious and static, so I used her. I remained out of the MEKA and would only fire 1-2 shots an enemy's chest.

On heroes with no armor/shield it was 6 damage per bullet to the chest, consistently. My team has since started a custom game and repeated the same experiment, each bullet now does 14 damage to the chest.

I am not a theorycrafter, nor a game designer, I am just a regular gamer. If we are able to have more evidence, and visual proof (Soon ™), Blizzard will not be able to deny that they implemented a handicap in a game they call fair.

Want to see this for yourself? The easiest way to notice the increased damage you take is by Roadhog's hook. Its baseline damage is supposed to be 30, regardless of where it lands. Watch it fluctuate depending on your winning streak.

Edit: Video proof will be uploaded within 48 hours. I will be using FRAPS per community recommendation. Since the baseline of my complaint is purely damage done, I will replicate the D.va pilot example as notated above; after finishing a 10 game win streak. This will show a single shot into a flankers chest with no other enemies or healing available and then a custom game where I do the same.

Whoa, this is it guys. Blizzard's house of cards is about to come tumbling down.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Source your quotes

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Hopefully instead of Sombra (boring sniper), Bilzzard throws a curveball and releases a frog themed hero that uses their tongue as primary fire (think roadhog hookshot). That way I can consume the enemy team and have them live inside of me, forever.

Also the voice lines should be very erotic. They could go whichever direction with the accent they want, it's fine. Fingers crossed for the next patch

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Solus posted:

Source your quotes

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745115328?page=1

This thread is a goldmine.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Tom Gorman posted:

Hopefully instead of Sombra (boring sniper), Bilzzard throws a curveball and releases a frog themed hero that uses their tongue as primary fire (think roadhog hookshot). That way I can consume the enemy team and have them live inside of me, forever.

Also the voice lines should be very erotic. They could go whichever direction with the accent they want, it's fine. Fingers crossed for the next patch

I wanna play Kirby

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

ImPureAwesome posted:

I wanna play Kirby
D.va is just ripping off Kirby's style anyway.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Having never played this before I decided to only do the gun game mode because it sounded hilarious, and it really is when you don't know anything. I have 10 seconds after spawning to figure out how the gently caress to play whatever clown I've been given this time.

Usually this did not end well but then it gave me the little ice girl and I don't know why but I fuckin destroyed the other team with her. Then when I finally died after a 16 kill streak it gave me her again. She seems incredibly powerful.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Damage boost conspiracy continues!

Some people will believe anything before they'll admit they're not the hot poo poo they think they are at the game.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Verranicus posted:

Damage boost conspiracy continues!

Some people will believe anything before they'll admit they're not the hot poo poo they think they are at the game.

Human beings never cease to amaze me.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

lazorexplosion posted:

Human beings never cease to amaze me.

Human brains are hard wired to see patterns, even when they don't necessarily exist.

The same thing that helped our species become dominant is the same thing that causes some people to see Jesus's face in a pancake or whatever.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
It'd be nice if MMRs weren't hidden [to yourself] so people could start calculating win/loss ratio to mmr whilst factoring solo/group play. Blizz would rather be obtuse about it though.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Is there mmr for the brawl

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fans posted:

the trap will use the healthkit.

this changes everything

tho I'd still say winston is best for dealing with tracer (or genji for that matter)

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Thor-Stryker posted:

It'd be nice if MMRs weren't hidden [to yourself] so people could start calculating win/loss ratio to mmr whilst factoring solo/group play. Blizz would rather be obtuse about it though.

If you think seeing the algorithm or any numbers Blizz made public would stop people from accusing them of "forcing them to lose" you're naive.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Psst, Blizzard! If I left a server, it's because I don't want to play with these people again! Don't throw me in there again, idiots!

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
I told my team over mic to not fight at the archway on Valskaya Industries whilst attacking, someone in chat asked how to mute people....

This isn't even the first time I once got told to shut up. Once I told D.Va she could boost over the water on the left hand side platform and flank from behind the point.

I hate the silence of European servers. Why have I not joined the goon guild yet?

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

Fans posted:

Junkrat's trap is probably the best thing to kill Tracer outside of some Symmetra turrets. She can't even rewind out of it :psyduck:
Well, yeah, which is why I was really confused as to why the presence of a Tracer meant I shouldn't be playing Junkrat.

quote:

Also if someone is being a huge pain in the rear end as a flanker, putting a Junkrat trap on a healthkit is a premium dick move because even if they're lucky enough to spot it and shoot it, the trap will use the healthkit.
As for traps on medkits, I once had the same Genji get trapped (and blown up) in exactly the same spot four times in a row. I didn't place it on the healthkit itself, I put it just inside the door on the way to the healthkit, and slapped the mine on the roof above (since putting the mine on the trap itself would draw even more attention to it).

I also had a round where someone picked Symmetra on attack. Somewhat unorthodox, but hey, if you can make it work, why not? Turns out, one dude on our team had a massive problem with this, and started angrily typing at the Symmetra to switch "champion". When this didn't work, he just went, "fine, time to troll" then switched to her himself. The original Symmtra had actually helped the team by putting up a teleporter pretty much right next to the point, but I guess angry guy just couldn't handle pressing Tab and seeing a Symmetra on his team on attack.

Ronnie posted:

I told my team over mic to not fight at the archway on Valskaya Industries whilst attacking, someone in chat asked how to mute people....

This isn't even the first time I once got told to shut up. Once I told D.Va she could boost over the water on the left hand side platform and flank from behind the point.

I hate the silence of European servers. Why have I not joined the goon guild yet?
As a fellow European, I think I've heard pubbies use the built-in voice twice. Once was a couple of Eastern European dudes speaking their own language, the other was some dude saying, in a thick Russian accent, "You are all retards, I hope you get cancer" before ragequitting.

Scherloch fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 12, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This robot does a fuckin ton of damage

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I love when people get conspiratorial about defense suddenly doing better when they're about to lose a payload match. Like, yeah, and it has nothing to do with number-fudging or rubberbanding, it's because their final spawnpoint is right by the goal and the map is fortified in defense's favour. No secret mechanics required.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You win a bunch and your mmr goes up so you start facing off against premade groups since they also win a lot and have good mmr and then you lose, so your mmr goes back down and you face other scrubs like yourself again

it is a harsh cycle of pain

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
And yes the european servers are super silent. I have only heard someone on voice once and people almost never say anything in chat except "gg"

Americans are dicks in chat more often but at least they say more stuff

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Zzulu posted:

And yes the european servers are super silent. I have only heard someone on voice once and people almost never say anything in chat except "gg"

I play on NA servers and can count the number of times I've seen/heard poo poo talk on two hands. This community is really quite good.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Can one Torbjorn repair another's turret if they're on the same team?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

8one6 posted:

Can one Torbjorn repair another's turret if they're on the same team?

Nope. :negative:

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Scherloch posted:

As a fellow European, I think I've heard pubbies use the built-in voice twice. Once was a couple of Eastern European dudes speaking their own language, the other was some dude saying, in a thick Russian accent, "You are all retards, I hope you get cancer" before ragequitting.

EU goon here as well :finland: I do mostly groups, but I guess I have around 100 games in just random quick games (brawls or not). I don't think that I have ever heard any one say any actual gameplay related stuff in the in-game voice. Only some occasional, very disturbing noice that I mute instantly. But I guess that's kind of Europe in a nutshell.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

[alt-tabbing from repeatedly dying to Bastion, after several failed attempts to use Death Blossom directly in front of his cannon]: Blizzard fundamentally does not understand first person shooters...

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Scherloch posted:

Ah, the Dota 2 experience.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
You're less likely to hear people on voice chat because of the way it pushes you into siloed voice channels automatically when you group queue. I talk on mic all the time when I queue with friends, but that means my pub teammates can't hear me.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

For fun, compare yourselves to the top people on the MasterOverwatch winrate leaderboards. Obviously they're all frauds disconnecting because none of these dudes are holding 95% win rates but look at the stats themselves and they're all sorts of weird. The top guy for win rate in the world when playing Pharah dies way less than me but does less damage, has less objective time, fewer objective kills, lower kill streaks, etc. I'm wondering what kind of poo poo this guy from Brazil is pulling.

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Verranicus posted:

I've experienced this after I capped out at max MMR. Sometimes enemies would kill me (?? weird...). Led to a game loss.. surprise... moving me not to, but towards blizzard's arbitrary 50% forced... interesting.... need hard evidence to disprove this most likely. Blizz?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nehru the Damaja posted:

For fun, compare yourselves to the top people on the MasterOverwatch winrate leaderboards. Obviously they're all frauds disconnecting because none of these dudes are holding 95% win rates but look at the stats themselves and they're all sorts of weird. The top guy for win rate in the world when playing Pharah dies way less than me but does less damage, has less objective time, fewer objective kills, lower kill streaks, etc. I'm wondering what kind of poo poo this guy from Brazil is pulling.

They win faster.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

They win faster.

Good call.

But 95%. That's gotta be fudged right?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I just assume a lot of them are fake.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Watching a recording of one of these guys on Twitch. Some of it's that he's always queueing with a full team that regularly plays together on mic so he doesn't have to carry or coordinate with random dead weight. I will say his Pharah movement is very good but his aim is really not great. It's weird.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

My kill death ratio with mercy is already way above where it should be. Nobody expects me to charge at them and beat them to death with my lovely pistol. Ended a game with 7 blaster kills, which included somehow falling completely behind enemy lines and going on a goddamn journey to kill hanzo

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Why are these people trying to play Widow: 76

actually in light of the above post I approve

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
why take a minute to start each match

just spawn the defenders on the point and get to it

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Zzulu posted:

Europe has something like 20+ different languages of roughly equal distribution so chat tends to be quiet
It's also why Europe server goons are so rare - SA is an English speaking forum so almost only Brits use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Europe has something like 20+ different languages of roughly equal distribution so chat tends to be quiet
It's also why Europe server goons are so rare - SA is an English speaking forum so almost only Brits use it.

I doubt that. If those were all Brits we would able to identify them by their Tracer-esque accents!