Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Baloogan posted:

hitler did alot wrong

hitler is a mess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Baloogan posted:

hitler did alot wrong

Yeah, I mean, between the haircut and the facial hair, you just know where this is all going.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

boosted please ban all NMLs and in exchange you can also ban Majorian or any of the yodafuckers i dont care

o&r youre a good poster please take care of yourself

also please post less everyone this thread is impossible to keep up with

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

oystertoadfish posted:

only earns him 6 hours nowadays. the tolerance levels are rising exponentially (unless he's in line to get banned when somebody with actual responsibility wakes up idk)

i haven't handed out probies longer than 6 hours because i, perhaps foolishly, believe there's potential to improve within every person

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Baloogan posted:

also both my parents and my step dad are all lawyers and my brother is applying to law school

That explains the drinking

Wargamer and Notorious Drunk Baloogan

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sai posted:

boosted please ban all NMLs and in exchange you can also ban Majorian or any of the yodafuckers i dont care

your jealousy at not having been touched by greatness as the yodatar signifies is a mighty slander upon yourself

also baloogan where the gently caress si the morrow SWEEP to get the day people out? also I want to save it bc it's great

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgxX8Dw5-nQ

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

No Mans Land 5 posted:

sounds plausible. but i would add that carlos slim has allegiance to mexico the country and possibly its corrupt government, over allegiance to the united states. it goes past his financial stake. leftists don't know anything about allegiance to country i guess, this is all speaking gibberish to them.

Yes, I know, responding to NML, but in any question of allegiance between Carlos Slim and the Mexican government, I suspect the arrow points the other way. :v:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Sai posted:

Thank you. I live with mom so I don't really need to take care of myself currently.

No one can fully keep up with this thread. Even I occasionally skip a day when I see there are 20 new pages and I already know what Trump did.

Also i need to change my name back to Roomba, i will never identify as o&r. Damned GBS "Post here to have your name changed to something gay" thread.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
you're not locked in there with mom, MOMS LOCKED IN THERE WITH YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! is back!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Al! posted:

you're not locked in there with mom, MOMS LOCKED IN THERE WITH YOU

I'm literally living in my moms basement

Without the "I'm in grad school, I'm poor but baby ill be rich someday" card I'd never get laid

Also gently caress off, double toxxing scum

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

oystertoadfish posted:

i was just gonna say that the nml quotient, the ordinal quantity attached to each iteration of nml, seems to scale with the fraction of hitler's actions he has to affirm to earn a ban, but this

only earns him 6 hours nowadays. the tolerance levels are rising exponentially (unless he's in line to get banned when somebody with actual responsibility wakes up idk)

That post wasn't a joke?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i burned down 400 acres of national forest in the shape of an H, hopefully visible from space.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Jewel Repetition posted:

That post wasn't a joke?

It was clearly a joke, furthering my argument that this isn't the real NML. NML doesn't joke. The rest of the post before the Hitler stuff was a real, good faith argument that I find wrong, then he abruptly shifted to "Hitler did nothing wrong". NML's style is more that he just never makes a good faith argument at all.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

da got drat share z0ne

Epic High Five posted:

your jealousy at not having been touched by greatness as the yodatar signifies is a mighty slander upon yourself

also baloogan where the gently caress si the morrow SWEEP to get the day people out? also I want to save it bc it's great

i think i have been the morrow poster recently, maybe he has too, and theres a bunch of anime titties got rated just recently but yall can look at that for yourself. he also does this a lot
https://twitter.com/RobMorroLiberty/status/741853012977586176

oh poo poo he takes office monday!!!

Jewel Repetition posted:

That post wasn't a joke?

i think the last line was a joke but probably the rest of it wasnt

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

No its a literal gif of a dude sweeping across the screen with a deck brush, and what I assume is Morrows face on it

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

oh i didnt get the reference

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm a regular enough visitor to his twitter that I'm probably on a dozen FBI shortlists

Alas I think Baloogan has passed out

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

"I'm pretty good at the courtroom stuff," says law student who fails to realize that doesn't matter at all

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

blue squares posted:

"I'm pretty good at the courtroom stuff," says law student who fails to realize that doesn't matter at all

I know it doesn't matter, that's why I specified i am intending to use it for networking and entertainment.

What matters is class rank and clerkships/connections. My persona in class that allows for me to talk about politics at all is that I was for Bernie but mostly like the election for PredictIt (it was a pretty big fad among my classmates this year).

E: the 2 students of 50 that identify as conservative in my class/section hate Trump and are annoying literalist Scalia-worshippers. Everyone else is essentially as Marxist as you can be on the surface while still being a selfserving law student at heart. I love my classmates, but goddamn they are such elitists hiding behind social justice good feels.

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 12, 2016

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

No Mans Land 5 posted:

Think about it for a second, that's what's going on. It's not equals picking on equals, it's the oppressed, the victimized, who can't possibly stand up for themselves or have sufficient pride in themselves that whatever is said would not affect them, obviously anything that is said hurts them to the core because of how downtrodden they are. So the "equalizers" screaming charges of bigotry demand that the "strong" no longer call attention to how strong they are in the face of the weak, whoever they are. But what if you assume that everyone can have pride in themselves and their background and attributes whatever they may be. Assume every side has pride in themselves, and suddenly the definition of bigotry has to get a whole lot more limited again, rather than "anything mean said by one person who appears to be a little different from another person".

So much today about "checking privilege" and only white people can be racist and so on starts from the assumption that white people are the best and the strongest and the most dominant and they have to be cut down. What if you assume every group of people is at the same level. Then you don't have to cut anyone down with words to make them equal to the others, or unnaturally praise other groups to lift them up. If you assume everyone is equal in the first place, then so much talk about bigotry and racism becomes irrelevant. The more you cling to all the historical grudges and biases, the longer the exact same problems go on. This isn't a solution, just a way to think about it.

thank you for explaining why you don't believe racism exists, holocaust denier

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

oystertoadfish posted:

i think i have been the morrow poster recently, maybe he has too, and theres a bunch of anime titties got rated just recently but yall can look at that for yourself. he also does this a lot
https://twitter.com/RobMorroLiberty/status/741853012977586176

oh poo poo he takes office monday!!!

the two year anime titty reign of morrow begins :911:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Oiled and Ready posted:

I know it doesn't matter, that's why I specified i am intending to use it for networking and entertainment.

What matters is class rank and clerkships/connections. My persona in class that allows for me to talk about politics at all is that I was for Bernie but mostly like the election for PredictIt (it was a pretty big fad among my classmates this year).

E: the 2 students of 50 that identify as conservative in my class/section hate Trump and are annoying literalist Scalia-worshippers. Everyone else is essentially as Marxist as you can be on the surface while still being a selfserving law student at heart. I love my classmates, but goddamn they are such elitists hiding behind social justice good feels.

Another coward who refuses to wear the hat

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

also i like this i endorse it. i avow

i forgot about that sports show he had on comedy central

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

I'm a regular enough visitor to his twitter that I'm probably on a dozen FBI shortlists

Alas I think Baloogan has passed out

noo i m just on a lovely tablet and its hard to post with the same fevor like usual

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

blue squares posted:

Another coward who refuses to wear the hat

Isn't it weird how the only sane Trump supporters on this board don't excessively proselytize or mix career with politics

Also i wanna go back to August 2015 and tell this thread that Boosted is possibly the most sane Trump poster, I'd be laughed out of town

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mannerup posted:

the two year anime titty reign of morrow begins :911:

Haha the same day Trump is going to be reading from his anti-Clinton book on national TV

Not many days are good days to be a creepy mental fetishist so I hope he enjoys it and demands to be sworn in on a really raunchy hentai manga thing

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Jeb's a mess!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

a WASTE

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Haha the same day Trump is going to be reading from his anti-Clinton book on national TV

Not many days are good days to be a creepy mental fetishist so I hope he enjoys it and demands to be sworn in on a really raunchy hentai manga thing

I actually think Morrow is probably less crazy than we think. Anyone with his posting history and track record that also hasn't been put in prison yet probably is more acutely aware of his own persona than he lets on

No one's protecting him, and if he wasn't at least partially playing a role he'd have touched a 12 year old or gotten pulled over on ketamine by now

E: if the Texas GOP hasn't snooped his computer for CP yet they are essentially guilty of dereliction of duty for Christ's sakes

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the only thing morrow's actually done in his life is co-author a book with roger stone about how evil clinton is (and like 400 other books on his own time i guess) so i wonder if he'll try to get his poo poo together and provide a platform for this serious speech

this norm hitler video is very good i deeply avow it

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

the only thing morrow's actually done in his life is co-author a book with roger stone about how evil clinton is (and like 400 other books on his own time i guess) so i wonder if he'll try to get his poo poo together and provide a platform for this serious speech

Omg is he giving a speech

I think you're wrong because that would be too good

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Oiled and Ready posted:

Omg is he giving a speech

I think you're wrong because that would be too good

haha well i meant trump's speech when i said 'this serious speech'. i was thinking morrow might try to use the publicity of his first day in office to like issue a press release or whatever. maybe he'd hint that trump would be saying poo poo from his book

i bet the travis county gop has made completely certain that he won't be giving a speech. it'd be nice though

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

this one?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Oiled and Ready posted:

Ask those people what degree is NOT a scam, and i bet they can't think of any besides engi and med school

cheme with compsci minor :whatup:

honestly i feel for people who have to worry so much about class rank, with cheme there's always the paper industry to fall back on for a couple years until you can wrangle a better job

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

I'll actually enjoy Trump losing, too, because we will get this.

TRUMP NEWS NETWORK (TNN) WEEKDAY LINEUP

7AM: Milo in the Morning
9AM: Nine, Nine, Nine! (Herman Cain)
10AM: Hannity AM
12PM: Mid-day with Mike (Mike Tyson and 4 white women)
2PM: Rush! (After he loses his radio contract)
4PM: Course Correction with Larry Elder
5PM: Coulter's Corner
6PM: Palin Comparison
7PM: Buchanan Fodder
8PM: Ivanka!
9PM: Donald Trump Live
11PM: Bobby Knightly

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Oiled and Ready posted:

I'll actually enjoy Trump losing, too, because we will get this.

TRUMP NEWS NETWORK (TNN) WEEKDAY LINEUP

7AM: Milo in the Morning
9AM: Nine, Nine, Nine! (Herman Cain)
10AM: Hannity AM
12PM: Mid-day with Mike (Mike Tyson and 4 white women)
2PM: Rush! (After he loses his radio contract)
4PM: Course Correction with Larry Elder
5PM: Coulter's Corner
6PM: Palin Comparison
7PM: Buchanan Fodder
8PM: Ivanka!
9PM: Donald Trump Live
11PM: Bobby Knightly

this will never happen

we both know each show would have trump in the name of each show somehow, even if it's just "trump presents: ____"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
A mad money style show about the ammunition market
Radiolab but about social darwinism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Karl Sharks posted:

cheme with compsci minor :whatup:

honestly i feel for people who have to worry so much about class rank, with cheme there's always the paper industry to fall back on for a couple years until you can wrangle a better job

My best friend from high school is an engi and he does ride safety and qc for Disneyworld and has a qt chinese girlfriend way out of his league

I guess the lesson im trying to reinforce is that in the long run, the nerds win

• Locked thread