Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
panda clue
May 23, 2014

Zotix posted:

As someone who will start doing maps tonight with a buddy, what are some tips or things I should know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-XnuS0OxX8

Very informative video that tells you the basics about how to build and maintain a map pool. Don't bother spending as much currency on high tier maps that he does unless you plan on grinding to 100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx
https://www.poeurl.com/GdF

This is a VERY rough tree that I made at the request of someone in guild to prove that you can get 14 jewels and over 140% life. It had Profane chemistry for 12% more life until I was also told that attack leech nodes were necessary.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Zotix posted:

As someone who will start doing maps tonight with a buddy, what are some tips or things I should know?

Aside from the ziz video (which is very good) when you start out don't run white maps. Tier 1 - 6 just transmute + aug if needed, and I will alt for easier mods. The video covers what to do once you get to yellow maps

A good look at what maps are what and have which bosses. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1489756/page/1

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Ultima66 posted:

Also once I get enough currency to spare I really want to yolo exalt this and hope for %attack speed, again assuming I can verify that it's actually missing a suffix.

Before you divine it, get vagan 7 and scour the flat phy and see if you can craft a suffix. That will be definitive.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

funmanguy posted:

Before you divine it, get vagan 7 and scour the flat phy and see if you can craft a suffix. That will be definitive.

Yeah I know, I wasn't planning on touching it until I got Vagan 7. I need to fix the flat phys roll to be max anyways and knowing Acc isn't a suffix would confirm the prefixes.

That said, I think it's unlikely that I do have an accuracy suffix because if I did, then the %phys roll would need to be Tyrannical or Merciless, and I don't think it's an ilvl 83 sword and also don't think it's Tyrannical just because of how rare that mod is.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Katasi posted:

https://www.poeurl.com/GdF

This is a VERY rough tree that I made at the request of someone in guild to prove that you can get 14 jewels and over 140% life. It had Profane chemistry for 12% more life until I was also told that attack leech nodes were necessary.

Your link doesn't load but I made this tree @ 114 points with 163% life. https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...2o26UfiIuKkOQ==

e - cut two points for same life totals.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 10, 2016

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Decided to check the prices on the uniques I need for my slayer build I never got around to last season.

Turns out there isn't a single Retch, Feastbind, or Faminebind on poe.trade right now..

gently caress

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Gibbo posted:

Decided to check the prices on the uniques I need for my slayer build I never got around to last season.

Turns out there isn't a single Retch, Feastbind, or Faminebind on poe.trade right now..

gently caress

That's probably because those are Talisman-only uniques, so good luck finding any outside of Standard (where you can buy a Retch for the low low price of 4.5ex)

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Here is what happens when Jeb faces down against Twinned Abyss maps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr9anSo_lcY

Spoiler Alert:lol eq op

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Ultima66 posted:

Yeah I know, I wasn't planning on touching it until I got Vagan 7. I need to fix the flat phys roll to be max anyways and knowing Acc isn't a suffix would confirm the prefixes.

That said, I think it's unlikely that I do have an accuracy suffix because if I did, then the %phys roll would need to be Tyrannical or Merciless, and I don't think it's an ilvl 83 sword and also don't think it's Tyrannical just because of how rare that mod is.

Either way, I am very interest in how it turns out. I poured a billion alts into Vaal rappers last league and want to see someone have a nice sword.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I've never mapped before when I played 3 years ago. I'm kind of stuck. I can't realistically do maps and make XP progress as I come across a rare/ boss that basically one shots me, and my other option is to do The Dried Lake continuously until I guess I get better weapons or a 5l? I'm currently at max resists for Merciless, but only 2.5k life. I guess that's my weak point and something I need to work on. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/srt4eblue/characters

Zotics is the character I'm playing right now.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Zotix posted:

I've never mapped before when I played 3 years ago. I'm kind of stuck. I can't realistically do maps and make XP progress as I come across a rare/ boss that basically one shots me, and my other option is to do The Dried Lake continuously until I guess I get better weapons or a 5l? I'm currently at max resists for Merciless, but only 2.5k life. I guess that's my weak point and something I need to work on. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/srt4eblue/characters

Zotics is the character I'm playing right now.

Its your 2.5k life. I had that much in Act 4 Normal.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I figured as much. I have node that give life, but I just don't have much on gear. I prioritized resistances first I guess.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

You only have 109% life on the tree, you want at least 160%, preferably 180%. So pick up both Melding and Written in Blood in between shadow and witch, pick up Devotion left of templar, and for god's sake don't skip life nodes in a cluster once you have the big node.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zotix posted:

I figured as much. I have node that give life, but I just don't have much on gear. I prioritized resistances first I guess.

if you can farm dried lake you should be swimming in chaos, just buy better stuff (5 links are down to 1 alch, just browse by +life or something)

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

whypick1 posted:

That's probably because those are Talisman-only uniques, so good luck finding any outside of Standard (where you can buy a Retch for the low low price of 4.5ex)

I completely missed that they were talisman only.

Thank you for saving me minutes of annoyance

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

Gibbo posted:

I completely missed that they were talisman only.

Thank you for saving me minutes of annoyance

Yo the retch is a pretty sweet belt - It was probably the least impactful in my build - but still one of my favorite items i collected last league. I ripped my 6L disfavour to a vaal orb but won't touch my retch with one.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Sometimes, I love the community in this game. Other times

not so much

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Hey, what else is he supposed to do with the 1,290,240 portal scrolls he's been hoarding?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

gently caress yeah

panda clue
May 23, 2014

killstealing posted:

gently caress yeah

zadiel is trying to get the guild to buy him a headhunter again I see

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

panda clue posted:

zadiel is trying to get the guild to buy him a headhunter again I see

:laffo:

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Price check on this garbage fire? I barely know how to evaluate rares that are obviously OK, much less something weird like this.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ixjuvin posted:

Price check on this garbage fire? I barely know how to evaluate rares that are obviously OK, much less something weird like this.

Edit: im dumb, its a 4 blue armor piece so it could be useful to someone somewhere.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 11, 2016

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
loving 2 perfect regaled area damage life allres jewels rolled back to magic

fml

incredibly unlucky day rng-wise but deathless atziri is good progress!! (yes, she dropped the flask)

Orange DeviI fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 11, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ixjuvin posted:

lmao

this is the same situation I am in, corrupted 4b1g1r on an armor base, it never sold (I guess because nobody would lifetank and has that much strength with those colors?)

right now I plan to recolor it with vorici (just 1g should be enough to get better colors for a lifetanker)

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What could I get for something like this?

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
So how good is midnight bargain? I'm liking mine so far.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

The Real Foogla posted:

lmao

this is the same situation I am in, corrupted 4b1g1r on an armor base, it never sold (I guess because nobody would lifetank and has that much strength with those colors?)

right now I plan to recolor it with vorici (just 1g should be enough to get better colors for a lifetanker)

I sold it for 30c :whatup:

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
What's the biggest phys hit you can do in this game (barring some mirrored maul with EQ)? I'm thinking crit Chin Sol Rain of Arrows trap with Marylene's Fallacy.

And then Assassin gives 30% chance to bleed as well as poo poo tonnes of crit multi and increased poison damage too. Just going to stack all the "more" multipliers that double-dip that I can find.

e: and then Herald of Ash should give me decent clear speed vs trash right?

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jun 12, 2016

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
v o i d h e a r t b o y s

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I traded a lovely elemental Lithe Blade to some guy who turned out to be a level 90 Guardian who was running like sixteen auras. Just being near him gave me over 10k armor and 1k energy shield. He said that this was step one and we would meet again. I'm scared.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
He will reappear at your darkest hour, and save you with Vaal Discipline.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Or he'll appear on a chain 3x extra ele damage vuln map and laugh as he bounces devourer orbs into you.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

funmanguy posted:

Either way, I am very interest in how it turns out. I poured a billion alts into Vaal rappers last league and want to see someone have a nice sword.

How it turned out: I found a mediocre Scaeva off the last map I ran tonight. It made my DPS higher than with my good Rapier. It'll be that way unless I can get a good attack speed roll on the Rapier.

Like for real it is absurd that Scaeva is as cheap as it is right now. That sword, and also Doomfletch's Prism. I actually missed that Scaeva was good originally because I missed the massive increased crit chance while in main hand line entirely. The following is some math showing why the sword is insane:

Suppose your damage is proportional to (base damage) * (attack speed) * (crit chance) on a crit build, which it will be for the most part if you're using Abyssus or any other source of high crit multiplier. Non-crits should be doing negligible damage. A perfect crit roll Scaeva is 10.25%, and perfect phys rolls with 20% quality gives something like 159-255 damage, or 207 average. Suppose you have +70 flat phys on gear, which is Abyssus + good amulet + Voidheart. Allowing for not perfect rolls, suppose you have a 200 average damage Scaeva with 10% crit. This gives a damage * aps * crit of 35.1. A Jeweled Foil with really good crit/attack speed rolls hits 2.0 APS and 7.3% crit chance (this is actually slightly better than a Vaal Rapier with the same rolls if you want to do the math yourself). In order to hit the same DPS as Scaeva, this means that the Jeweled Foil needs 240 average damage. Subtracting the 70 flat we added, this gives 170 average damage. A 170 average damage Jeweled Foil with 2.0 APS is 340 DPS.

Think about it: a high roll Scaeva is equivalent in damage to a 340 DPS Jeweled foil with a really high crit chance roll on it. WHILE wearing Abyssus, which greatly benefits higher attack speed weapons more than lower attack speed weapons. A 330 pDPS sword with 5% crit chance sells for multiple Exalts and people are still considering Scaeva worthless.

On a similar note, I was talking to IoT in IRC about Doomfletch's Prism and how people don't get why that item is good yet. A perfect phys roll Doomfletch is 26-73 phys with quality, which is 49.5 average. A perfect Drillneck adds 19 to that, or 68.5. 68.5 phys translates to 226 elemental damage. Perfect T1 elemental damage on bows is the following: 68.5 cold, 83.5 fire, 89.5 lightning, totaling 241.5. Doomfletch also makes the +phys rolls on jewelry significantly more efficient than the similar +ele rolls. You should be able to take any kind of Drillneck ele bow build (Windripper), switch it to Doomfletch with +flat phys jewelry, and do just as much damage with a much cheaper weapon. I think with all perfect gear/lvl 21 gems Windripper does more damage, but it's fairly close either way and Windripper is actually valuable.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

killstealing posted:

v o i d h e a r t b o y s

Managed to get one of those yesterday. What builds is it good for?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Voidhearts make all hits bleed and poison, and both these mechanics are crazy strong right now.

Also, the game seems to be telling me something

Perhaps I should make a spell crit build

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Ixjuvin posted:

That life roll makes me want to sit down and cry.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Where do you go to find out what is good? I know exile mods to see where the rolls land numerically. I'm just wondering when it comes to loot drops for classes I'm not playing. Like combinations of affixes that will be sellable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Ultima66 posted:

:words: about Scaeva

Are you sure that the crit increase applies locally? I'm pretty sure that any time an affix is dependent on an outside condition it applies globally, which would change your math significantly.

• Locked thread