Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Sorry, my head's a little foggy (not a lot of sleep, nor food for quite a while), but what's so freude-y about that? Sure, SC backers might be miffed that they're being labeled cash cows or whatever, but couldn't this be a good thing? If a guy's donated $40k for pretend spaceships, then any sensible company should bend over backward to accommodate him. Of course, this is Star Citizen we're talking about, so there's that, but in any other circumstance I suppose someone would be happy a company thinks of him as a valued customer. If I were in that guy's shoes, I'd remind the company of that fact every time I asked for a concrete release date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It's a tragedy to count how many Shovel Knights could have been made with that money, though I guess some people really do trust Chris Roberts, the guy who somehow put Kevin Costner on a moral high-ground.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Because they were doxxing people to see if they posted on SA, or ever spoke poorly about the game on any form of social media, and flagging their accounts. Or if they complained too much, etc. The fact of the matter is that the moneywhales who have dumped so much money into the game aren't complaining, they're the ones on the forums shouting down the people who've invested a more reasonable amount and a reasonably miffed at the lack of any kind of progress or a response to their requests.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kurieg posted:

Because they were doxxing people to see if they posted on SA, or ever spoke poorly about the game on any form of social media, and flagging their accounts. Or if they complained too much, etc. The fact of the matter is that the moneywhales who have dumped so much money into the game aren't complaining, they're the ones on the forums shouting down the people who've invested a more reasonable amount and a reasonably miffed at the lack of any kind of progress or a response to their requests.

Crap, that possibility never crossed my mind. Yeah, flagging critics is a scummy thing to do. Wish I could tell the SC thread about this, but they undoubtedly already know.

tviolet
May 20, 2004

CommissarMega posted:

Sorry, my head's a little foggy (not a lot of sleep, nor food for quite a while), but what's so freude-y about that? Sure, SC backers might be miffed that they're being labeled cash cows or whatever, but couldn't this be a good thing? If a guy's donated $40k for pretend spaceships, then any sensible company should bend over backward to accommodate him. Of course, this is Star Citizen we're talking about, so there's that, but in any other circumstance I suppose someone would be happy a company thinks of him as a valued customer. If I were in that guy's shoes, I'd remind the company of that fact every time I asked for a concrete release date.

Like Kurieg said, this is a huge breech of confidentiality. What if facebook knew your SA username? They somehow got a list from SA (if it's true I wonder how) and compared it to theirs, and it's really bad practice. Also, the 'tags' aren't on the good side, I mean they don't seem to be there to accommodate the client (snowflakes, high maintenance, etc) I managed donors databases, and tagging donors in such ways is a huge loving no no. They created a field for it, and 'categories'... what the hell?

Again, I don't know if it's true. When I found out however I had a good laugh because that whole star citizen situation is just mad.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

MisterBibs posted:

When planning to adopt a dog, you should prolly make sure if its legal or not to own it where you live. Double schaden because the guy who adopted the thing found out about it being available from a post that described it as a dog that's illegal to own where he lives in the first place. Triple schaden owing to the fact that the guy can totally have his dog confirmed to not be a breed that's illegal to own where he lives, but he seemingly doesn't want to.

Banning pitbulls is pretty stupid, though, so I'm not exactly getting any sort of joy out of this.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ekuNNN has a new favorite as of 14:55 on Jun 12, 2016

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Banning pitbulls is pretty stupid, though, so I'm not exactly getting any sort of joy out of this.

I'm sorry you have a wrong opinion about a statistically dangerous breed of dog.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Man, first they ban pit-bulls, the next thing you know they'll be trying to ban our sex-gators.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I don't even know why the parents allowed their child to get so close to that pitbull

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I don't even know why the parents allowed their child to get so close to that pitbull

Probably because he was swining. :haw:

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
i dont think we should tip pilots who take off from treadmills while feeding pizza with pineapple to thier pitbulls

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
It's good that there's some things we can all agree on

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, like the goodness of putting ketchup on a hotdog sandwich

Sex Cop
Mar 22, 2015

You have the right to remain horny.
Remember Something Sensitive? You know, the site for permabanned ex-goon racists that used to doxx SA mods? Well, for the last couple of months it has been hilariously imploding.

It all started a while back, when SoSe founder and original owner GAPO became upset about what he percieved as a shift from his site's usual "ironic" racism to full-blown "unironic" racism. He tried to draw the line at Holocaust denial by sending several vociferous nazi sympathizers to what they call "the Plexx," which is like SA's Gas Chamber, except you can post there. It's used as a time out/internet jail for troublesome posters. This caused a huge rift on the site, with many members decrying GAPO's heavy-handed approach.

GAPO eventually cracked under the pressure of it all. The straw that broke the camel's back was when the nazi posters started making fun of he and his wife's inability to concieve (it is not clear who has the faulty plumbing). He was threatening to delete the site entirely. Then he changed his mind and wanted to sell it. A poster called SOUL TRANN apparently stepped forward and gave GAPO a thousand dollars to hand the site to another SS poster, Dog-O-Tron5000v4.0 (who is supposedly a long time, never-banned goon who has had an account since everything was free).

Under new ownership, things seemed to mellow out for a bit, returning to whatever passes for "normal" in that place.

A nonth or so later, the notoriously thin-skinned GAPO, incensed about... something, demands deletion of his account and his over 12k posts. Not only does this render large portions of the forum unreadable, it breaks the "read new posts" function. Something Sensitive is outraged. Especially SOUL TRANN, who comes forward with details about the thousand dollar payment, and alleges that GAPO "extorted" him into paying to keep the forum from being deleted. He also claims that he and GAPO had an agreement that nothing would be deleted.

Again, things seemed to calm down. But, after about a month, tensions arose once more between the die-hard white supremacists and the (new) site admin. The WHITE POWER CRU was again "plexxed," including the site's thousand dollar savior, SOUL TRANN.

About this time, GAPO (now going by the handle The Pink Klansman) shows up. He denies SOUL TRANN'S claims of extortion and "agreements," and immediately gets into a slapfight with the nazis. SOUL TRANN, possibly drunk, doxxes GAPO, getting himself banned from the forum he paid a thousand dollars to keep alive.

As if all of these weren't funny enough, there's the fact that one of the most outspoken white supremacists is half Jewish and grew up celebrating Chanukkah, while another is an Australian of Taiwanese descent with a Confederacy fetish. These retards are like the Klansmen in Porky's.

Most of this can only be seen by registered members, but it is well worth it, if only for the nazi sympathizers crying about oppression and free speech from inside their internet concentration camp.

tl;dr hive of doxxing racists goes down amid a flurry of doxxing and racism, hilarity ensues.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Captain Novolin posted:

i dont think we should tip pilots who take off from treadmills while feeding pizza with pineapple to thier pitbulls

Don't forget that the pitbulls put beans in their chilli

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Captain Novolin posted:

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Drone_Fragger posted:

I'm sorry you have a wrong opinion about a statistically dangerous breed of dog.

You're a loving moron.

(A lot of people classify mixed-breed short-haired dogs as 'pit bull-type', even though the American pit bull terrier is a recognized breed, so any statistical analysis which doesn't correct for that misconception isn't trustworthy. More importantly, nobody seems to be performing statistical analyses on the owners of dogs who have attacked humans, and anyone who's ever worked with dogs and isn't a shithead like Cesar Milan knows that well-raised dogs don't typically attack without warning.)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sex Cop posted:

Remember Something Sensitive? You know, the site for permabanned ex-goon racists that used to doxx SA mods? Well, for the last couple of months it has been hilariously imploding.

It all started a while back, when SoSe founder and original owner GAPO became upset about what he percieved as a shift from his site's usual "ironic" racism to full-blown "unironic" racism. He tried to draw the line at Holocaust denial by sending several vociferous nazi sympathizers to what they call "the Plexx," which is like SA's Gas Chamber, except you can post there. It's used as a time out/internet jail for troublesome posters. This caused a huge rift on the site, with many members decrying GAPO's heavy-handed approach.

GAPO eventually cracked under the pressure of it all. The straw that broke the camel's back was when the nazi posters started making fun of he and his wife's inability to concieve (it is not clear who has the faulty plumbing). He was threatening to delete the site entirely. Then he changed his mind and wanted to sell it. A poster called SOUL TRANN apparently stepped forward and gave GAPO a thousand dollars to hand the site to another SS poster, Dog-O-Tron5000v4.0 (who is supposedly a long time, never-banned goon who has had an account since everything was free).

Under new ownership, things seemed to mellow out for a bit, returning to whatever passes for "normal" in that place.

A nonth or so later, the notoriously thin-skinned GAPO, incensed about... something, demands deletion of his account and his over 12k posts. Not only does this render large portions of the forum unreadable, it breaks the "read new posts" function. Something Sensitive is outraged. Especially SOUL TRANN, who comes forward with details about the thousand dollar payment, and alleges that GAPO "extorted" him into paying to keep the forum from being deleted. He also claims that he and GAPO had an agreement that nothing would be deleted.

Again, things seemed to calm down. But, after about a month, tensions arose once more between the die-hard white supremacists and the (new) site admin. The WHITE POWER CRU was again "plexxed," including the site's thousand dollar savior, SOUL TRANN.

About this time, GAPO (now going by the handle The Pink Klansman) shows up. He denies SOUL TRANN'S claims of extortion and "agreements," and immediately gets into a slapfight with the nazis. SOUL TRANN, possibly drunk, doxxes GAPO, getting himself banned from the forum he paid a thousand dollars to keep alive.

As if all of these weren't funny enough, there's the fact that one of the most outspoken white supremacists is half Jewish and grew up celebrating Chanukkah, while another is an Australian of Taiwanese descent with a Confederacy fetish. These retards are like the Klansmen in Porky's.

Most of this can only be seen by registered members, but it is well worth it, if only for the nazi sympathizers crying about oppression and free speech from inside their internet concentration camp.

tl;dr hive of doxxing racists goes down amid a flurry of doxxing and racism, hilarity ensues.

Can you get some screenshots? I am curious, but not curious enough to risk an email address on a site the Southern Poverty Law Center monitors.

Sex Cop
Mar 22, 2015

Chichevache posted:

Can you get some screenshots? I am curious, but not curious enough to risk an email address on a site the Southern Poverty Law Center monitors.

Workposting at the moment, but maybe later. Don't you have a burner email?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sex Cop posted:

Workposting at the moment, but maybe later. Don't you have a burner email?

Not one I would attach to SS.

Sex Cop
Mar 22, 2015

I forgot to mention, the Jewish nazi goes by the handle [SWOLE]MM, and the Taiwanese nazi is called wimpb.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Pitbulls shove kids faces into cakes.

Given a choice, I'd rather work with a pitbull than a chihuahua because the former has dumb violence while the latter has something to prove and will bite you at the slightest provocation including looking at it.
Given free reign, I'd just work with cats.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Not all that much joy to be found, but I've been enjoying this guy's twitter feed calling out all the bullshit politicians that took NRA money and now offer pretty much only "Thoughts and prayers" for the shootings.

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Not all that much joy to be found, but I've been enjoying this guy's twitter feed calling out all the bullshit politicians that took NRA money and now offer pretty much only "Thoughts and prayers" for the shootings.

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky

Yeah - I retweeted a bunch of these this morning, but there's no joy; just shame.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

SpacePig posted:

I have no major opinion on banning of pit bills (I'm allergic as hell to the point where I'm mildly scared of all dogs since, to me, all of them are dangerous) but for me the amusement mostly comes from acting like this was a total surprise. Dude, you saw the animal was for adoption, knew what kind of animal it was, and given what kind of animal it was and its history of being banned, I would've asked from the beginning if it was okay.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Mister Mind posted:

Yeah - I retweeted a bunch of these this morning, but there's no joy; just shame.

So why is this fascinating bit of d&d in the "laugh at man getting hit in the dick" thread then?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Sex Cop posted:

Something Sensitive crap

I'm only surprised that it took this long to happen.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MisterBibs posted:

I have no major opinion on banning of pit bills (I'm allergic as hell to the point where I'm mildly scared of all dogs since, to me, all of them are dangerous) but for me the amusement mostly comes from acting like this was a total surprise. Dude, you saw the animal was for adoption, knew what kind of animal it was, and given what kind of animal it was and its history of being banned, I would've asked from the beginning if it was okay.

The article also says that a bunch of other people said that it was an American bulldog rather than a pit bull or pit bull mix, so they may have decided to take a chance based on that. Plus, you know, there's not really anything amusing about a happy dog being taken away from a loving family.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Sex Cop posted:

no-one could have forseen this!

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Roro posted:

Pitbulls shove kids faces into cakes.

Given a choice, I'd rather work with a pitbull than a chihuahua because the former has dumb violence while the latter has something to prove and will bite you at the slightest provocation including looking at it.

The only violence the pit bull'd do is licking you half to death. gently caress chihuahuas, though, and small dogs in general; they don't tend to get trained properly because their idiot owners think their little-man syndrome is adorable rather than obnoxious as hell.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aerdan posted:

The only violence the pit bull'd do is licking you half to death.

I am a tootsie pop and that would kill me

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Aerdan posted:

little-man syndrome

That's like black man syndrome, right?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Aerdan posted:

(A lot of people classify mixed-breed short-haired dogs as 'pit bull-type', even though the American pit bull terrier is a recognized breed, so any statistical analysis which doesn't correct for that misconception isn't trustworthy. More importantly, nobody seems to be performing statistical analyses on the owners of dogs who have attacked humans, and anyone who's ever worked with dogs and isn't a shithead like Cesar Milan knows that well-raised dogs don't typically attack without warning.)

So what you’re saying is that I shouldn’t rent to someone who wants a pitbull, whether or not they actually own one.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rule #1 of fire: there's always more fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6tGZx8uvlY

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Goons posted:

pit bulls
Oh boy its time for the chart again

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Aerdan posted:

Should be no problem making owners criminally liable for when their dogs attack then.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Sex Cop posted:

The site's initials are SS and dude was surprised by a bunch of Holocaust deniers being members. Even better that undoubtedly some of those SS posters were problematic on SA and got banned for the same poo poo here :lol:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
What's that? You mean to say the people being "ironically" racist were, in fact, actually racist? Why I never! :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Cumslut1895 posted:

That's like black man syndrome, right?

What is that?