Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I keep trying to be good at this game but I guess I'm not. Can't think of a hero I can say I can do well at, it just changes too much from game to game. Right now I find it impossible to find a good time to use an ult unless it's already a sweep. Like I'll either never use pharas ult or if I do I'll die before I get a single kill. Same goes for McCree or reaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Admitting you are bad at Overwatch is the first step on the path to enlightenment.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Psst, Blizzard! If I left a server, it's because I don't want to play with these people again! Don't throw me in there again, idiots!

You should have waited a little bit instead of instajoining when you rage quit because sometimes people drop out due to connection issues or like getting DCd to pee in an actual toilet so it's nice to try to get back in the same game again.

Just remember, try to have fun :)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
:unsmith: as Winston.

The mccree on my team though just kept acting like an rear end in a top hat, though. Kept saying "GG EZ" then complaining about how winston is no skill. I also got POTG.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Big words from a mccree.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Digirat posted:

Big words from a mccree.

*presses e and right clicks*

i am the only good player on my team git gud scrubs

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
So I just got kicked from a game for inactivity as Symmetra. I was playing, moving, giving shields and shooting (we were dominating) and then it warned me I was inactive... and then I got kicked after doing some more things wondering "the hell is going on?" Anyone got any ideas?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Sounds like they broke something with the inactivity detection because live bastions are getting kicked too

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
McCree is not even fun to play as

I just feel bad every time I pick him, there is absolutely zero satisfaction in E->fan (or E->fanrollfan) kills unless you're murdering Tracer or Genji, against everyone else it feels loving criminal

Hey, Roadhog, were you trying to exist? Nope

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I can't hit a drat thing with Mccree unless it's a hammer fan. Even when stunning a reaper or tracer I try to shoot them in the head instead of fanning and they just teleport out of it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The only fun McCree thing is when two McCrees flashbang each other at the same time + it turns into a duel

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Does anyone else find that MMR seems to adjust pretty quickly when solo queuing? Get 4 golds a couple games in a row and suddenly everyone you're playing with is competent and saying useful things on mic.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Zzulu posted:

And yes the european servers are super silent. I have only heard someone on voice once and people almost never say anything in chat except "gg"

Americans are dicks in chat more often but at least they say more stuff

I am on european servers, bought the game last night already lvl 8

But are there goons on the EU servers or do i have to rebuy the game for NA?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

TheresaJayne posted:

I am on european servers, bought the game last night already lvl 8

But are there goons on the EU servers or do i have to rebuy the game for NA?

1) Yes. I haven't looked into the communication thingies in the OP myself, but I know we do exist.
2) You can switch regions in the Battle.Net client, it's the drop-down menu above the Play button. Friends are not shared between regions, unlocks apparently are.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 12, 2016

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Ularg posted:

I keep trying to be good at this game but I guess I'm not. Can't think of a hero I can say I can do well at, it just changes too much from game to game. Right now I find it impossible to find a good time to use an ult unless it's already a sweep. Like I'll either never use pharas ult or if I do I'll die before I get a single kill. Same goes for McCree or reaper.

I find Attack missions - Genji or D'va
Defence missions - Bastion or Torbjorn

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Europe has something like 20+ different languages of roughly equal distribution so chat tends to be quiet
It's also why Europe server goons are so rare - SA is an English speaking forum so almost only Brits use it.

Then again, in Europe people speak more than one language. It's not that hard.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I have an incredibly reasonable buff for Lucio, hear me out: double jump.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Sounds like they broke something with the inactivity detection because live bastions are getting kicked too

That sounds about right though.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Yeah they definitely did something screwy. If you play a non-skirmish custom game you will get kicked for not doing anything related to objectives. You can shoot and move about and use abilities and none of it matters unless you affect an objective. You will always get kicked on defence because there's no objective for you to cap and just standing on the objective doesn't count. Eliminations might also reset inactivity but I didn't check.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Dias posted:

Double jump but only off walls

edit: give his RMB self knockback in the air

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

guts and bolts posted:

McCree is not even fun to play as

really? I think he's super fun. His gun is fun to shoot.

there aren't so many characters who reward you for just straight up clicking on a dude, so his 100% accurate hitscan M1 is nice.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
McCree owns and as strong as he is (very) he's not an instant win or anything Jesus.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

redweird posted:

Double jump but only off walls

edit: give his RMB self knockback in the air

I like that too. Lemme be unhittable.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
neither Widowmaker nor Mccree are instant wins because maybe the enemy team just picks a better Widowmaker or Mccree.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

McCree owns and as strong as he is (very) he's not an instant win or anything Jesus.

I don't think people are saying he's instant win. He just feels awful to play against.

I've never once seen a mcree PotG or died to his flashbang+fan and thought "I got outplayed there".

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Primetime posted:

I don't think people are saying he's instant win. He just feels awful to play against.

I've never once seen a mcree PotG or died to his flashbang+fan and thought "I got outplayed there".

No some people are like "oh McCree isn't fun to play because you just flashbang and M2" people like it's an instant win button that requires literally no positioning or timing or aiming or anything and like, that's just not true.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Flashbang is a difficult skill to aim definitely

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Both those characters require decent proficiency in FPSs to actually be overpowered, at least. You still can get braindead kills with them when you're poo poo tho.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Flashbang fan does feel terrible to die to tho, I thought that was the type of thing Blizzard avoided like the plague.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Come on guys mcree isn't that bad I mean you need to be able to see and have most of your motor functions to land his combo.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Dias posted:

lucio is easily top 5 why would he get a buff?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

He needs a buff... to the entertainment value of choosing him.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

flashman posted:

Maybe they should let people import their own mp3s to use as healing/movement songs

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
If the answer to beating a Mccree or Widow is "Play as a better Mccree or Widow" then something done hosed up.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Ularg posted:

If the answer to beating a Mccree or Widow is "Play as a better Mccree or Widow" then something done hosed up.

The answer to beating a good Mccree or Widow is play a better Mccree or Widow.

A bad Mccree can be handled by a good Widow, and a bad Widow can be handled by a mediocre Winston or a good Genji.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
For some reason the next hero appears to be another sniper, after all the Widow complaints I don't know if that's the best thing to do. I always thought the next class should be another builder or grenadier type person.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Slime posted:

*presses e and right clicks*

i am the only good player on my team git gud scrubs

I have a guy that I play with who is like this. He only plays Mcree, Lucio, and Widowmaker and complains about the op low skill characters like mei

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

a cat on an apple posted:

The answer to beating a good Mccree or Widow is play a better Mccree or Widow.

This is the gameplay balance version of "if everyone had a gun..."

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Are any of these stat tracking websites that are around tracking
- how many of your games (wins) in a group vs. solo queue
- win/loss for brawl games

I assume this answer is "no", but asking just in case...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

flashman posted:

:agreed: