Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
What the gently caress is it with CIG and doing things backwar... oh... oh no...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Goobs posted:

I think I would regret not going and I don't want him to feel alone when he goes. It's going to loving suck but I'm going to go in.

I wasn't able to be there when my last cat went a couple of years ago and I still regret it. If you can, go. But like Melkor said, there's no shame if you can't. You're doing the right thing and that's what you have to remember.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

Karl is far more entertaining that Moma, also probably has more money in too.

Star Citizen: It was like that from the very beginning

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Goobs posted:

Did you guys (MeLKoR too) go in when they put them down or did you wait outside? I'm torn as to what to do. I don't want to regret not going in but seeing him die I think is going to be bad.

I held mine for the most part and my vet does house calls so less stress on animals.(even for just regular visits)

intardnation fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jun 12, 2016

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Goobs posted:

Did you guys (MeLKoR too) go in when they put them down or did you wait outside? I'm torn as to what to do. I don't want to regret not going in but seeing him die I think is going to be bad.

We were right there at his side, and our first cat who we had to put down at age 17 we were right there with him too.

Going in and being with them is hard, but for all the love they have given you over they years they deserve it.

It is peaceful, professional and done with such care and love.

I absolutely don't regret being there in the last moments, giving them strokes and talking to them.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Downer combo breaker:

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

orcinus posted:

Downer combo breaker:

I think this one's more appropriate:

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

intardnation posted:

what is wrong with this guy? other than putting money in cig?
maybe he is pissy because we are controlling the narrative and the development?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774632&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post460452730

He read that and is a little bit upset that we are laughing at him.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I like how everyone thinks they only just now banned Pgabz, pretty sure he was banned back in december

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
CIG should make the issue council private. Though if they are really worried about people making fun of the game then they need to ban everyone from playing it too.

AP fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jun 12, 2016

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Couple of things.

Sandi looked better not just because she was twenty years younger in those pics, she was also twenty pounds heavier. She's an anorexic looking old lady now.

CIG reacts to the handful of goons and Derek, because upper management is entirely unqualified ( except Ortwin) for the positions they hold. Its a giant pot of nepotism and sychophants, including beloved middle management art directors, programmers.
Even the two toned girl in the UK has been given responsibilities she's not qualified for.
Because this is a private company, and experience is second hand to getting a position.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RayRoocroftCIG/status/741740534767726595

Ray thinks 2.4 is the end, at least some guy got a blanket out of it.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hey guys check out my Starfarer pit, it's in an empty corner of a dank moldy-carpeted basement and I play late at night wrapped in a literal child's safety blanket. This is normal.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/RayRoocroftCIG/status/741740534767726595

Ray thinks 2.4 is the end, at least some guy got a blanket out of it.

I see more and more of those sporty looking chairs. Like you need the head support for an F1 acceleration. Seems a tad excessive.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen Alpha 2.4, the "Biggest and Most Important Update" This Year, Is Out Now

quote:

Overall, this is the "biggest and most important" update to Star Citizen since Alpha 2.0, which came out in December 2015. The Star Citizen website has many more details on the update, including information about the new ships.

The Starfarer, for example, starts at $300, while a Gemini version of it goes for $340.

Nice work in the comments section everybody, very few Shitizens are sticking up for Chris Roberts there, I think they are giving up.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

I see more and more of those sporty looking chairs. Like you need the head support for an F1 acceleration. Seems a tad excessive.

It's to help with red outs in your exploding golf cart.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
It's to channel the farts along the back of your head during the extra parpy game action.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Heating for your hindbrain.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
I'm channeling Tophat.
Paarp.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

CIG should make the issue council private. Though if they are really worried about people making fun of the game then they need to ban everyone from playing it too.

Hey they're doing a pretty good job on that front

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Feeling some grief. While the Reliant is back on sale, sadly the news version is not.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
CIG Protip of the day: Anything become private if you ban enough people from it.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Dante80 posted:

Can someone please identify whether the new TOS breaks specific consumer laws in some countries?
It blatantly shits all over Australian Consumer Law:
http://consumerlaw.gov.au/consumers-and-the-acl/
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/caca2010265/sch2.html

It's interpreted better for consumers here: https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guarantees

quote:

Products must also:

match descriptions made by the salesperson, on packaging and labels, and in promotions or advertising
match any demonstration model or sample you asked for
be fit for the purpose the business told you it would be fit for and for any purpose that you made known to the business before purchasing
come with full title and ownership
not carry any hidden debts or extra charges
come with undisturbed possession, so no one has a right to take the goods away or prevent you from using them
meet any extra promises made about performance, condition and quality, such as life time guarantees and money back offers
have spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time after purchase unless you were told otherwise.

Bolded a few parts there that CIG's ToS would breach.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I came home yesterday to a bisected and disemboweled babby bunny laying in front of my neighbors door because her cat killed it.

In conclusion, gently caress cats they are gay and also gently caress star citizen too.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Dogs are better but cats are ok too.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Decrepus posted:

In conclusion, gently caress cat owners who let their murder machines out to kill and maim and possibly fight other cats, get run over by cars, and otherwise endanger their own or other's lives.

Fixed. :colbert:

My three cats never hurt a soul, because I didn't let them wander around the neighbourhood killing whatever harmless cute things their psycho brains may have wanted to.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I used to think this, my parents got a dog recently and every time I see him he's sleeping. I always thought dogs were ones always up for playing and always running around being energetic; I don't think that anymore.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Sunday AM, To do list.

"ArcCorp Area 18 - lightshow/gunfire/particles"
"Cry-Astro repairs incomplete"
"Industrial hangar elevator panel ""Cancel"" mouse lock"
"Switching from Arena Commander to Universe"
"Starfarer Deck's No Gravity Fling"
"male model ""legs"" shape"
"Hornet Jumps Off Landing Pad A04"
"No Quantum Travel Destinations"
"player remaining in pending-import-ship's geometry bounds in hangar causes graphics glitches."
"vanguard ""workstation"" display lock"
"MFD changed power levels not updated in HUD Overview"
"Port Olisar No Quantum Jump Destination"
"Opening Locker in EZ HAB Causes Client Crash"
"Can't buy weapons (stuck processing followed by ""an error has occured"")"
"ICC Mission Error Code 30000 Timeout upon approach beacon"
"headlook twitching while flying (EDTracker enabled)"
"EVA getting stuck after Bumping into physics objects in Space"
"Doubled ships at ship terminal"
"Sabre missile bay"
"2.4.0 Rented Ship not accessible in the Universe (+ doubled ships -> another error as a result?)"
"Laucher freezes"
"Sabre mount points"
"Throttle Issue"
"""landing complete"" audio plays when entering pilot seat for the first time"
"Freelancer side door fired me back to space with quantum speed when trying to enter from EVA"
"Landing gear of Freelancer is ""sunk"" into landing platform on port olisar"
"Impossible to remove ship size 4 in hangar"
"Repair UI closes, and game no longer responds to input"
"No ammo in AC when I put ballistic weapons on a REC ship."
"Cant move when EVA"
"att4 energy rifle shaking and jittering"
"Unable to enter pilot's seat after killing original pilot."
"Problems equipping weapons in the universe"
"Getting back into Hornet after eva"
"Additional Hangar Bay Required in 2.4.0"
"EVA thrusters out of control"
"Can't take off after repair at Cryo Astra"
"zoomed in optics after mobiglass usage"
"Hangar decorations/subscriber flair have been multiplied after CIG HOTFIX."
"Redeemer physics/access issues."
"redeemer pilot's hand turned 180 degrees backward"
"2.4.0 GSafe setting resets after every quantum travel"
"Became wanted after passenger died in my ship"
"Unable to select ship , no ship"
"Gladiator landing gear up/down warning after EVA"
"Starfarer Power Management station 21:9 display 3440 x 1440 Chat only half visible"
"2.4.0 Repairing at Cry Astro does not reattach weapons"
"2.4.0 Shield display around ship model is missing"
"2.4.0 LOD - Avenger Ramp Missing LOD in Aeroview Hanger"
"2.4.0 Ship lights are on after spawn in hangar"
"loose control in space"
"2.4.0 Live Complete Covalex Mission 1k aUEC Not Recieved Followed by Account Updated Failed on every Game Entry Attempt Since Then"
"Wall Glitch Port Olisar"
"2.4.0 Gamma is still not working"
"Game Freeze Player/Pirates enter zone"
"Iinput lag of ship eject actions in low fps Universe"
"2.4live Mobiglass not closed correctly"
"launcher crash no explanation or error code"
"Character Dissapears"
"cant leave bed"
"Again, he is thrown out of the ship"
"Character failed to spawn (invisible body parts)"
"Kicking ships off platform"
"Spawned partly invisible"
"Displaced ship in hangar"
"die when exiting ship"
"Itemport does not work. ( Avenger Stalker )"
"Can't add tempest 2 missiles to 325a on landing pad on Olisar"
"Cannot Exit Ship after entering!"
"Ship zooms away when I try to enter"
"Ship clipping when I try to enter from EVA"
"Killed by opening door of captured Van Duul Scythe"
"Died in airlock, came back with criminal rating"
"No ammo in Van Duul Scythe plasma cannon"
"All Items, Ships In Triplicate; Is This For Concierge Members? How Long Does This Last?"
"port olisar ship spawn not great"
"Starfarer Gemini throttles to reverse instead of stopping."
"Infinite Loading - But only in the Background (100% CPU) - If Foreground (0% CPU)"
"rebinding strafe up/down on joystick/hostas settings dont works"
"Landing Gear up/down message plays repeatedly"
"Long load time for Port Olisar (20 mins+ or infinite)"
"Medium Armour does not appear on character on opening closet"
"Death in airlock when wearing flight suit"
"Covalex mission can be completed with no reward."
"2.4 live Launcher says No file index - cannot continue error - can't download"
"Avatar Invisible after Re-spawn"
"code 20003 error"
"Starfarer Cargo Bridge Clip"
"Quantum Drive randomly Activates"
"Super-Hornet LOD is very low (any quality settings)"
"Extra ships on Port Olisar ship console"
"Coupled mode turns off during flight"
"Landing mode activates while Flying"
"game freeze while trying to USE funcation on the table in Constellation Andromeda"
"Joystick not working anymore with 2.4 live"
"Freelancer: Can't fire guns"
"lalt+f = teleport player to map center inside the beam"
"350r spawned misaligned and explodeded when trying to get into the ship"
"Revenant Balistic Gatling overheats very quickly"
"player helmet cause radar monitor of avenger to being not visible"

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

A lady on my floor lets her cat into the hallway for no good reason and it pisses on the floor. Like the carpets were cleaned less than a week ago after I complained about the floor smelling like piss and there are now piss stains right outside her apartment door.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo

so many bugs they come from the future

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Lladre posted:

Couple of things.

Sandi looked better not just because she was twenty years younger in those pics, she was also twenty pounds heavier. She's an anorexic looking old lady now.

CIG reacts to the handful of goons and Derek, because upper management is entirely unqualified ( except Ortwin) for the positions they hold. Its a giant pot of nepotism and sychophants, including beloved middle management art directors, programmers.
Even the two toned girl in the UK has been given responsibilities she's not qualified for.
Because this is a private company, and experience is second hand to getting a position.

All of the nepotism would be fine if Chris Roberts was actually qualified to make a game. He would get the project done in spite of the completely useless people they are employing by actually managing and not being an idiot that wants to make a movie while scamming hundreds of thousands of people into paying for it.

It's the same way that if the game cost $40,000,000 to make and Chris Roberts literally snorted $75,000,000 worth of the worlds finest cocaine, most backers would still be happy because they got a loving game out of it.

but Good News Backers! You get the worst of both worlds, you paid $115,000,000 to employ useless people AND you get nothing out of it!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/740428596909604870

:gary:

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVs2AUnbGDI&t=53s

It's like a bad copy of overwatch with only 1 hero called Long Thumb.

So they use G36 knockoffs covered in doodads for the weapon models but have them fire pewpew lasers with lovely sound effects? That's the worst of both worlds :psyduck:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

LastCaress posted:

so many bugs they come from the future
...What if CIG's server time is off, too?

Sir Steel Buns will have to clench and bear it.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

AP posted:

Star Citizen Alpha 2.4, the "Biggest and Most Important Update" This Year, Is Out Now

Nice work in the comments section everybody, very few Shitizens are sticking up for Chris Roberts there, I think they are giving up.

Browsing through the comments I saw this gem which I'm sure other ex-Eve players will enjoy...

Yes, using cost as a balancing mechanism always works fantastically well in vidya games.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

CrazyTolradi posted:

It blatantly shits all over Australian Consumer Law:
http://consumerlaw.gov.au/consumers-and-the-acl/
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/caca2010265/sch2.html

It's interpreted better for consumers here: https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guarantees

Bolded a few parts there that CIG's ToS would breach.

Thanks for that. I'm wondering whether Popehat (Ken) would be eager to write something about it..maybe as a part of the whole TOS system debate. I remember him doing an article on SC back in 2015.

Someone should contact them..:wiggle:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I remember blasting my first sectoid with a laser rifle what a good feeling. I also remember having 6 people ineffectively rapid-fire them at a cyber disk because of my poor planning and tactics.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
WALKING IN STARFARER GEMINI CAUSES IT TO EXPLODE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Sunswipe posted:

I wasn't able to be there when my last cat went a couple of years ago and I still regret it. If you can, go. But like Melkor said, there's no shame if you can't. You're doing the right thing and that's what you have to remember.

I wholly regret not being around for when our guide dog of 13 years (Labrador/golden retriever mix named Jack, in service for 10 years and a pet for 3) finally had to go. I was with my dad, taking him to a doctor's appointment when the vets came over to put our dog to sleep and I desperately wanted to be with him when he went.

He was the sweetest most gentle animal in the world from the beginning to the end and even in his final moments he was completely relaxed. I've missed every time one of our pets was put down for one reason or the other, but I feel that if you're strong enough to do so you owe them a final farewell and a thank you.

• Locked thread