Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

RC Cola posted:

I have a guy that I play with who is like this. He only plays Mcree, Lucio, and Widowmaker and complains about the op low skill characters like mei

*skates around and presses e occasionally*

im pro healer

*clicks several times, misses most of my shots but gets a bodyshot followed by a half charged one a fraction of a second later*

fuk yeah im the worlds best sniper

Your guy sounds terrible and you should tell him he's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

lucio is a pretty fun hero if you just wanna spectate the match with like a free-roam camera setting

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Unless it's KOTH, then you get to win the game by yourself sometimes, 31 eliminations, never forget.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KOTH map with places to doot people off are the only times I play Lucio anymore. It's just too boring otherwise.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Things I dislike doing in FPS games:

-pressing buttons
-shooting people

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Lady Naga posted:

No some people are like "oh McCree isn't fun to play because you just flashbang and M2" people like it's an instant win button that requires literally no positioning or timing or aiming or anything and like, that's just not true.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

When you think about it every dude is just clicking a mouse and pressing some keys.. so they are all perfectly balanced and also the same...

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Minorkos posted:

lucio is a pretty fun hero if you just wanna spectate the match with like a free-roam camera setting

It's ok if you lightly tap an enemy for 15 damage and then someone else kills them you get rewarded by flashing text.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

They should just make McCree be like Typing of the Dead where it's high noon all the time and just just need to type I WIN I WIN I WIN as fast as possible.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

flashman posted:

When you think about it every dude is just clicking a mouse and pressing some keys.. so they are all perfectly balanced and also the same...

So close to self-awareness, alas...

I know goons generally skew older but it's still hilarious how often this thread goes to "please remove anything that causes me the feelbads because my MS means that I cannot possibly move out of the way of dangerous things and dying a few times a match makes me not want to play the game any more."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Solo queued for the first time in a while last night after mostly playing with goons the past week. I guess my solo MMR must be really low or the goon group's really high because I went Zarya and felt like a god drat radioactive Russian superwoman. I actually got the Undying achievement (20 kill streak in one life) and was basically soloing the enemy team at the CP while the rest of my genjis and hanzos hosed off playing team deathmatch. Very fun. I'm sure I'll get punched in the dick if I have a few more games like that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Dude, don't take this too hard but you kinda need to chill lately.

Also I get 50% damage eliminations with Lucio all the time, you just gotta carrion them hurt asses. I've been playing more Soldier than him lately tho.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dias posted:

Dude, don't take this too hard but you kinda need to chill lately.

Also I get 50% damage eliminations with Lucio all the time, you just gotta carrion them hurt asses. I've been playing more Soldier than him lately tho.

It's almost as if the same three or four people needling you every time you say something gets frustrating or something.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lady Naga posted:

It's almost as if the same three or four people needling you every time you say something gets frustrating or something.

Please chill out and stop being so hostile :)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

why is this okay, but not mccree e/m2 combo? makes you think

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lady Naga posted:

Lady Naga posted:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
yeah but I don't expect them to do anything but weak needling anyway

Let's talk about how people still have this knee-jerk reaction to Zarya shielding that makes them run away from fights. I think it's the purple. Kept telling my brother "dumbass you know I'm here and I'm gonna shield you stop backing down and give me charge".

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Dias posted:

I get them all the time too, and pushing people around is really useful and can have a big impact on a fight. His weapon still doesn't feel right, Mercy's secondary feels way better.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

It's almost as if the same person needling everyone every time anyone says something gets frustrating or something.

I've told you before in other threads, you're ridiculously negative constantly and from what I've seen it's not that other people are being dicks to you for no reason, you're needling them either with what you're currently doing or just plain don't like you based on what you've done in the past. I've seen much more hostility from you towards other posters that I've seen them offer in return.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dias posted:

yeah but I don't expect them to do anything but weak needling anyway

Let's talk about how people still have this knee-jerk reaction to Zarya shielding that makes them run away from fights. I think it's the purple. Kept telling my brother "dumbass you know I'm here and I'm gonna shield you stop backing down and give me charge".

The loud BWOO is scary :(

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I love how if you mapped the people trolling against the DOTA2 thread posters, the Venn is a circle.

(Not that I give a gently caress, mind. It's not at me, it's popcorn reading.)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Elman posted:

I get them all the time too, and pushing people around is really useful and can have a big impact on a fight. His weapon still doesn't feel right, Mercy's secondary feels way better.

Eh, I think I got used to it. It does have bad feedback on hits, M2 also has that issue, same with Sym death orbs.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Lady Naga posted:

I know goons generally skew older but it's still hilarious how often this thread goes to "please remove anything that causes me the feelbads because my MS means that I cannot possibly move out of the way of dangerous things and dying a few times a match makes me not want to play the game any more."

Having a character so powerful that you need to directly counterpick them is not good game design

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also on Zarya, her low charge M1 could stand to have a better hitbox, I feel. Especially in Over "everything is the size of trucks" Watch.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Slime posted:

It's almost as if the same person needling everyone every time anyone says something gets frustrating or something.

I've told you before in other threads, you're ridiculously negative constantly and from what I've seen it's not that other people are being dicks to you for no reason, you're needling them either with what you're currently doing or just plain don't like you based on what you've done in the past. I've seen much more hostility from you towards other posters that I've seen them offer in return.

You try being positive when everyone makes every thread you post in about you.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lady Naga posted:

You can always exercise you sacred right Not to Post. You have like 600 posts in this thread already!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Overwatch: Try countering this thread as a good post

Had a great time playing with goons last night - Edmond, Epsilon, someone that starts with K who played healer a lot, OrangeElex, and the rest. Nothing crazy happened, but I gave Bastion a shot for the hell of it at one point.

Wow is Bastion strong on Hollywood defense A. I moved around often and was unstoppable. We completely locked it down. He would feel more balanced if he could only heal up to 50% health, the heal was on cool down, or something along those lines. I could always top myself off - I only died twice because a Tracer stuck her ult directly to me.

The only shittalking (feigned) that happened was from the goons to each other at the end. Thanks for making me feel special about that Bastion potg! Also a big thanks to the Reinhardt that tried to shield me in turret form but making it impossible to see past his fat rear end. I always ended up moving. Overall a good time with a great group.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Lady Naga posted:

Lady Naga posted:

It's ironic because you're perpetuating the discussion by being a whiny tool about it.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Dias posted:

Also on Zarya, her low charge M1 could stand to have a better hitbox, I feel. Especially in Over "everything is the size of trucks" Watch.

This is true. I feel like even when it looks like I'm doing a good job tracking with it I don't hit much. We'll see if/when they increase the tick rate if that helps. In the meantime using her M2 is usually a better choice.

My worst habit with her is forgetting to reload before I use her ult, leading to losing out on 1-2 shots I could've made.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Someone turn this into a smilie

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Lady Naga posted:

Then stop posting, or alternatively ignore the people shitposting about you and just make good posts.

Regardless, its pretty ridiculous to act like Mcree's flashbang is something that can be avoided through ~skill~. It has a large radius and fast animation, and more importantly if you get hit anywhere in that radius you eat the full stun. Mcree doesn't have to be precise with his aiming of flashbang, its too fast and large for someone up close to be able to avoid it. It'd be a lot less frustrating if the duration scaled based on how close to the center you were, so that aiming is actually an issue and you won't get fanned because some idiot Mcree caught you with the very edge of it.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

it's you

you are the one making threads about you when you complain about the hostility that either doesn't exist or only exists because you are being a jerk

if you can't stop doing it then maybe the best way to respond to the hostility is to just not post at all

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I got a double kill with scatter and didn't get the achievement, wtf

also consider the following: widowmaker does more dps in melee with her smg than hanzo does with his bow

why does hanzo exist

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

Then stop posting, or alternatively ignore the people shitposting about you and just make good posts.

Regardless, its pretty ridiculous to act like Mcree's flashbang is something that can be avoided through ~skill~. It has a large radius and fast animation, and more importantly if you get hit anywhere in that radius you eat the full stun. Mcree doesn't have to be precise with his aiming of flashbang, its too fast and large for someone up close to be able to avoid it. It'd be a lot less frustrating if the duration scaled based on how close to the center you were, so that aiming is actually an issue and you won't get fanned because some idiot Mcree caught you with the very edge of it.

I think the fact that McCree is put in the "absolute staple" tier where literally every other character is a more passive, support-y hero says volumes about his balance.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Lady Naga posted:

Aside from her ult I don't want any of Widowmaker's abilities to be removed or changed because I think they're really interesting, they should just do a thorough numbers pass.

I guess maybe assault mode should be removed because it's neat as hell but I cannot think of a way to keep it without it being either too good at shoring up one of her weaknesses or too terrible to be unusable.

Well just off the top of my head, Double the bullets consumed per sniper shot from 3 to 6 so it's 5 sniper shots maximum before reloading, and if you get jumped you'll likely have fewer bullets in your gun.

I am pretty good with Widow but wouldn't mind her getting tweaked a bit, although that would almost certainly lower my effectiveness with her. One nice idea is to lower her damage from 15-150 to 10-100 and give her triple damage instead of double damage for headshots. There are a lot of possible tweaks, though.

Digirat posted:

My kill death ratio with mercy is already way above where it should be. Nobody expects me to charge at them and beat them to death with my lovely pistol. Ended a game with 7 blaster kills, which included somehow falling completely behind enemy lines and going on a goddamn journey to kill hanzo

I've been playing a more aggressive Mercy in the Mystery Heroes brawl and it's been fairly effective. Last night on Lijang tower, I forced a Zarya I was harassing to blow her ult on me. But I finished her off before she could do anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCRnJLZW_Go

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 12, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
My issue with McCree and his stun combo, from a low skill level perspective, is that it's an insta win button for any engagement, even if you're worse than your adversary, and it feels incredibly bad to die to it. Compare to Mei: it sucks dying to freeze, but you have time to fight back, get away, if you have burst damage you could even kill her before the freeze happens. Roadhog can also insta kill from a stun, but when I get hooked, I feel like I hosed up.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Someone turn this into a smilie

except don't because "triggered" jokes are some lazy reddit bullshit

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Minrad posted:

I got a double kill with scatter and didn't get the achievement, wtf

its a beta

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

except don't because "triggered" jokes are some lazy reddit bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)