Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
I'm already seeing at least one of the right wing narrative spins. Apparently this is proof Republicans are actually pro-LBGT because they hate Muslims, unlike Democrats. Concern trolling at its disgustingly finest.

Oh well, dead kids never helped pass gun control laws so I have no reason to believe anything will change now. And If this is the worst timeline, this causes a bump in Trump's popularity and he overtakes Hillary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Islam has a magnificent transformative power of turning feminists into fascists and fascists into feminists.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

God...I'm part of a North American indigenous culture, I've noticed this "Native Americans are so cool, brah" thing that goes on with Bernie supporters, and is this how black people feel when nerdy white people go on about how black people are just "cool"? It's irritating as hell.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Willatron posted:

God...I'm part of a North American indigenous culture, I've noticed this "Native Americans are so cool, brah" thing that goes on with Bernie supporters, and is this how black people feel when nerdy white people go on about how black people are just "cool"? It's irritating as hell.

It's a total throwback to the hippie's really racist "noble savage" stuff from the 60s and 70s. The kinda stuff that gave us the Billy Jack movies and the Eagle Free character in DC's Prez.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Well the hottest take I've had was that the mass shooting occurred in a gun safe zone, good guy with a gun etc.

No islamaphobia yet!

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

seiferguy posted:

Well the hottest take I've had was that the mass shooting occurred in a gun safe zone, good guy with a gun etc.

No islamaphobia yet!

You clearly haven't been exposed to Trump's tweet gloating about "being right on radical Islamic terrorism".

Also the Texas governor tweeting then reposting on Facebook a bible quote blaming the homosexual victims for their own demise has been great. :(

VorpalBunny fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 12, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I heard something about that just being a weird coincidence as he normally does a Bible verse every Sunday morning and this one just kind of happened to look bad.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

muscles like this? posted:

I heard something about that just being a weird coincidence as he normally does a Bible verse every Sunday morning and this one just kind of happened to look bad.

He took it down and then claimed that anyone trying to read into it is just being irresponsible.

He's the guy that made a dumb, but understandable mistake, but he's not the "irresponsible" person.

You'd think by now there'd be a business based around scheduling twitter tweets that also monitors major news outlets to suppress any automated tweets in the event of a terrorist attack.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Since when do evangelical Christians give a poo poo about gays being shot up? I'm going through my Facebook feed right now and it's :ironicat:

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Willatron posted:

It's just recycled 'noble savage' poo poo from people who have mostly never even met an indigenous American before. With some exceptions, most of the people in my tribe I've talked to about it don't give a poo poo about this presidential election one way or the other. The few who do care about politics are mostly going on about the tribal elections and sure as hell aren't 'feeling the Bern'.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Here come the guns

Looks like this is the official line on Orlando. Shoot everything always, problem solved. Guns in nightclubs where people are drunk, guns in elementary schools, guns at gas stations and grocery stores and day cares.
Do you feel safe yet? I feel safe!

Oh and, did you know he was a muslim?

And here's one from the comment brigade

(below here all these posted before the shooting)

that the mass murderer du jour's gun permit too? the domestic abuser? the toddlers that shoot people?

Talk about co-opting a symbol

country boy threatens to shoot you

"freedom"

you drat well should apologize for supporting gun rights. apologize to the parents of those sandy hook kids, the parents of the Pulse victims, all of them

it is you who are endangering children by having guns in an elementary school

creative anachronisms

pretend I posted a "nuke the middle east" macro here

No one ever went out to have fun on a saturday night and got gunned down by a cheeseburger.
No one ever went to elementary school in the morning and saw their entire class suddenly massacred by a cheeseburger.
Yet you say gently caress Michelle and her healthy school meal program.

yes let's keep our guts internal, by banning guns

I'd be happy if shootings went away...like they did in countries that outright banned guns

50 people are dead

If Hillary manages to get us a SCOTUS justice that is the deciding vote for Civilized Society vs. gently caress You and Your Guns then maybe this will all be worth it.

right to walk around with your strap on terrorizing people because it's the only way you can feel like a "man"

The gun nuts and the toxic masculinity wrecking crew

In conclusion, gently caress you, ban all guns.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
https://www.facebook.com/groundmasta.icarus/posts/1070772373010546

This showed up in my newsfeed for some reason.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Defenestration posted:

Here come the guns

Looks like this is the official line on Orlando. Shoot everything always, problem solved. Guns in nightclubs where people are drunk, guns in elementary schools, guns at gas stations and grocery stores and day cares.
Do you feel safe yet? I feel safe!

Multiple versions already!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

"While this is a tragedy, let's also remember the other tragedy, that LGBT people are dirty sinners who haven't found Jesus."

My Facebook friend list is slightly shorter now.

A Fancy 400 lbs fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 13, 2016

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

Wow this is old school. I think this meme is more than 10 years old at this point. I remember seeing it when I started high school and people were big on making motivational poster parodies.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Well I was sad that she got the nomination over Sanders, but she sure as poo poo has my vote now.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

That was O'Malley. Hillary's answer was "probably the Republicans."

seiferguy posted:

No islamaphobia yet!

But there was armed security at the club?

Clunk Tap It
May 1, 2014

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

"While this is a tragedy, let's also remember the other tragedy, that LGBT people are dirty sinners who haven't found Jesus."

My Facebook friend list is slightly shorter now.

In their defense, this particular post doesn't mention anything about homosexuality being a sin - it could be a plea for churches to be more inclusive towards LGBT people. I'm sure there's worse out there that leaves no room for the benefit of the doubt, though.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Does Social Fixer just not work anymore?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Donarudo Turumperu said we should ban Muslims entering the country again today.

Also Man with weapons was headed to L.A. gay pride parade

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
I dunno. If this yahoo I've gotten to take the initial bait on facebook stays engaged I'll just post the hand-edited transcript.
Motherfucking gun apologist, I'm going to take you to the knee-deep in blood child-corpse filled viscera stained conclusion your toxic fetishization of limitless gun ownership has.

lejackal lejackal lejackal weigh in you shitshipper

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

gradenko_2000 posted:

Does Social Fixer just not work anymore?

Yeah, it's been hosed for about a year now.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Clunk Tap It posted:

In their defense, this particular post doesn't mention anything about homosexuality being a sin - it could be a plea for churches to be more inclusive towards LGBT people. I'm sure there's worse out there that leaves no room for the benefit of the doubt, though.

She's an honest to God real life Ted Cruz supporter. It's not that.

Edit: oh word filter, how I love you

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

El Spamo posted:

I dunno. If this yahoo I've gotten to take the initial bait on facebook stays engaged I'll just post the hand-edited transcript.
Motherfucking gun apologist, I'm going to take you to the knee-deep in blood child-corpse filled viscera stained conclusion your toxic fetishization of limitless gun ownership has.

lejackal lejackal lejackal weigh in you shitshipper

He already did earlier. Nothing unexpected in his post.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Here's the rest of this, my heart's not in it to think of rapier quips against the mainstays--impeach obama, blah blah blah

Since this was such a hit last week. I did some research and turns out this is like saying that Detroit (482 miles from NYC) should have helped during 9/11.

misogynoir

it's a laundry machine I guess.

sorry, i'm not going to treat every jagoff who passes basic like a celebrity.

Too loving bad because the Free Market has spoken. I guarantee this man sits down to watch the game on sunday.

note: these are Australian soldiers

peepee

wake up

said a guy who had a mexican wife and a peruvian one

if your CEO has access to below-inflation-rate loans, and doesn't take advantage of that to grow the business for 30 years straight, the board should fire him

100% real totally not fake
these people that will believe in false flags for literally everything

"You know what's great? BEATING CHILDREN"

helping hand to those in need. love people for who they are

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Arglebargle III posted:

Donarudo Turumperu said we should ban Muslims entering the country again today.

Also Man with weapons was headed to L.A. gay pride parade

That dude is as lily-white as you can get, but the cops actually got him before any blood was shed so this potential murderer will be forgotten quickly. Especially by those with an agenda to push ie WAR WITH MUSLIMS!!! I just saw this gem today:

quote:

I deeply regret to have to utter these words as I have always believed in the integrity of our Presidents- from Ike to Obama, I have never doubted their determination to keep the people of this nation safe and our nation strong- that is until today- This President will not now nor ever and no matter how many citizens are killed as of now and in the future give the order to end this siege of terror for us and the world- therefore with all speed the military must remove him from his high office and promptly then let loose the dogs of war.

At least a few of the commenters pointed out until now, the worst shootings had NOTHING to do with ISIS or Muslims. I also was a little alarmed and am wondering if I should somehow report this dude to the authorities. He's posted some crazy stuff before, but this one is taking almost everyone on his friends list by surprise.

Does anyone actually realize how close to death ISIS really is, and that lone wolf crazies have existed and always will exist until the end of time?! Guess what all these mass shooting have in common...

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Defenestration posted:

sorry, i'm not going to treat every jagoff who passes basic like a celebrity.

Out of curiosity, How many people wash out of basic training in the military? Let's say out of 100 people, how many would wash out?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Forceholy posted:

Out of curiosity, How many people wash out of basic training in the military? Let's say out of 100 people, how many would wash out?

Stats from 2006 have attrition for Army, which has the highest attrition rate, pegged at 13.6% if you'd believe them. Source

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Jurgan posted:

That was O'Malley. Hillary's answer was "probably the Republicans."

But there was armed security at the club?

In all fairness, while Hillary answered "the Republicans," she threw that out after listing "the NRA, health insurance companies, the drug companies, the Iranians".

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Defenestration posted:

Here's the rest of this, my heart's not in it to think of rapier quips against the mainstays--impeach obama, blah blah blah

Since this was such a hit last week. I did some research and turns out this is like saying that Detroit (482 miles from NYC) should have helped during 9/11.

Well they're half-way there, that's where the QRFs were staging until the marines from Tripoli secured the site and they were no longer needed.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
I decided to bait and troll today since I know nobody wants to have a real discussion. I'm blue. Red guy is just saying crazy poo poo that I really don't know how to respond to other than quips used in this here thread.

Aeka 2.0 fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jun 13, 2016

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Forceholy posted:

In my experience it varies a lot with demand, when i went through in 2008 they let people who couldn't do more than a few push-ups and/or refused to train after week 6 go on to AIT (they did not take the stage during graduation though.) however by the time I was getting out in 2012 they were kicking people out for not making weight/tape or passing PT tests. When they're desperate for bodies commands are under a lot of pressure for everyone to graduate.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Why no go after terrorist?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I guess Sov Cits have found the magic words to make this EU referendum pointless:

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

TinTower posted:

I guess Sov Cits have found the magic words to make this EU referendum pointless:

Would it be fair to describe this as "one weird trick"?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Would it be fair to describe this as "one weird trick"?

Colonists hate it!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
From a group "Gun People who hate Gun People":

quote:

Quick everyone! Back in your bubbles! Conservatives: your job is to fearmonger about the islamic threat and not even entertain discussions about how the killer obtained firearms. Liberals: your job is to only talk about guns and label anyone who wants to confront the violent ideologies that lead to this as racist.

Everyone clear on their jobs? Good! Whatever you do, don't talk about the fact that 50 people died.

From a group "Libertarian Slut":

Person who shared this also said this:

quote:

annnnd from a personal standpoint. i own like..... a BUNCH of guns. never shot anyone. my anecdotes are just as strong as yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

borkencode posted:

Why no go after terrorist?

When Paris was attacked the government immediately passed an extremely controversial emergency law that significantly expanded the government's right to impose restrictions on travel and conduct raids and searches of property, while the US government has so far done absolutely nothing, so this is literally the opposite of reality.