Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:f5:f5: it's up go go go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

That stupid dog that RAM missile, that was just stupidly hilarious. That was straight out of a DnD session.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

That's Kenny then, right?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Best (not quite) D&D anime since Chaika.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Yeah this was a great episode. Glad he hasn't died again (yet), this would be a lot of meaningful progress lost if he does.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
How are they going to defeat the king puppy if Rem returned to normal :ohdear:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Yup, appears to be Kenny.

Overlord K posted:

How are they going to defeat the king puppy if Rem returned to normal :ohdear:

She can probably focus on just attacking King Puppy.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Hmm, they cut out the bit where Puck explains to Subaru what the hell odo is. Did they move it to an earlier episode, and I just missed it?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

darkgray posted:

Hmm, they cut out the bit where Puck explains to Subaru what the hell odo is. Did they move it to an earlier episode, and I just missed it?

Earlier episode!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So is Arc 3 starting next episode or the following?

Strap in kiddos. I hope you're ready.

(Screencap this)

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

a kitten posted:

Best (not quite) D&D anime since Chaika.

Did you not watch Konosuba or something

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

booksnake posted:

Konosuba is to DnD as Re:Zero is to Dark Heresy.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

booksnake posted:

That is also the best.

So is Grimgar.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Grimgar was just sort of bland. Something middling between D&D, grimdark, animes, and survival

Jackard fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 6, 2016

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

This week's webisode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn1bQ9y7Uz4

damnfan
Jun 1, 2012
I came in expecting Konosuba/How to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon and instead got Dark Souls. Really enjoying it so far can't wait for more of this show

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yeah, I know some people knocked early on because "Oh boy, it's Transported to a Fantasy World Story #3232356", but it is so, so much better than that. The suffering is loving real, and given what we've seen so far I really doubt that things are going to get better for Subaru. I don't like watching him suffer, specifically, but it's just so well-written that I can't resist.

The Tekkaman Blade Effect.

Oh a fantastic story solely about how incredibly lovely some dude's life is, time to read/watch it and feel really really bad :toot:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

damnfan posted:

I came in expecting Konosuba/How to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon and instead got Dark Souls. Really enjoying it so far can't wait for more of this show

One of those is not like the other.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Apparently the light novels and blurays are selling real good right now. Here's to hoping they'll green light the second season right after this one ends and that they'll adapt the second season from the web novels instead of waiting for the three years it would take for the LN to adapt the fourth arc!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Apparently the light novels and blurays are selling real good right now. Here's to hoping they'll green light the second season right after this one ends and that they'll adapt the second season from the web novels instead of waiting for the three years it would take for the LN to adapt the fourth arc!

I mean if it's like most adaptations and it's being funded to promote sales of the LNs, I highly doubt it will ever outpace them.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Subaru has grown a lot since the first episode, and it's shown, not told.

I never expected to say this about a shounen anime, but this is dynamic characterization done right.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Kytrarewn posted:

Subaru has grown a lot since the first episode, and it's shown, not told.

I never expected to say this about a shounen anime, but this is dynamic characterization done right.

Totally. This is just the end of the second arc and it's loving satisfying as hell.

Also I'm really starting to love how Subaru's heroic highs are just him doing crazy reckless stuff like charging the boss dog with his broken sword and his one spell, or chucking one of the maid twins at the other twin and it all just barely pulls together for him, because of planning, balls, good prior decisions and a healthy dose of luck. He really is the anti- uber LN protagonist.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://a.pomf.cat/wfpeha.webm

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i just read ahead in rezero and i no longer wish to watch this show on the other hand....

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

He's gonna finish all this to his satisfaction and then find out that something horrible has happened to the Thief girl and the Shopkeep. :ohdear:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

i just read ahead in rezero and i no longer wish to watch this show on the other hand....

Just keep pushing through though even if I didn't say this you would've probably kept reading. Everyone keeps reading. There's no getting off this ride once it started

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

no, episode 11 is the end of the series for me, no more suffering can happen now

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
That was a good smile, Rem. :unsmith:

I think this is my favorite show this season. It just has so much going for it that I really like.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

murder all translators who translate onii/onee-chan in stupid ways imo

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

Fuckin 98% of the time she/her would be infinitely better.

But in any case: this show is really good, you guys.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

I suppose there's a ~character moment~ in this episode where she goes from Onee-sama to Onee-chan in some display of childhood acceptance or whatever, so I can see the wish to make it clear to subtitle viewers. Not entirely sure if "sissy" is appropriate, mind you.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

darkgray posted:

I suppose there's a ~character moment~ in this episode where she goes from Onee-sama to Onee-chan in some display of childhood acceptance or whatever, so I can see the wish to make it clear to subtitle viewers. Not entirely sure if "sissy" is appropriate, mind you.

They aren't above using Subaru kun, it's dumb they tried localizing onee chan at all considering that

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

"Three heads are harder to break than one arrow!" :pseudo:

And Emilia is is EMF, huh? Unbelieveable

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

It's important that they localized Subaru-kun but I wonder if they knew that and did it on purpose instead of it being a fluke because there alot of things that should have been localized that they didn't

Nah I'm going to go with it being a fluke because they localized emilia-tan and decided to keep the rest

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 13, 2016

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

darkgray posted:

Eh, my nieces refer to each other as sissy. I don't think it's to unusual for young children to use.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Cake Attack posted:

That was bad.

See also: Noragami Aragoto. Yato-chan -> Yatty.

Why?

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
Now i want to know more about who the hell actually attacked ram/rem's village, and what's actually going on with Roswaal. Is there anywhere the novels are translated?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The web novels are not translated and even if someone wanted to, it would quicker and easier for you or anyone else to learn japanese and read it yourself then to wait. For reference, the anime including break time so far has adapted 70 chapters of the web novel and there are currently ~410 chapters up to the beginning of the 6th arc available and supposedly the story is at its halfway point with 10 total arcs.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
It's not going to help you read ahead but for what it's worth the LN and Manga are both already licensed in English with the first volumes coming out July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Futaba Anzu posted:

no, episode 11 is the end of the series for me, no more suffering can happen now

Phew i thought you meant that it was going to get dumb or bad when you said you read ahead and didn't like it. I'm down with more suffering :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread