Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I swear I heard a "For Whom the Bell Tolls" riff quoted in "Of Gods and Witches" at about 2:15. Could just be a generic arpeggio riff though.

No, wait, Tensei wrote both that and "Time on My Side", that had a Master of Puppets lick at the end. Totally Metallica.

E: Solar Voyage is sick.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jun 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Solar Voyage is awesome yea. It's a big mix of Cascade, but it even starts with one of my fav songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99IFASZ--dY&t=138s

Or more better remembered as the song from Jane's Myst sequence.

Spellman fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jun 12, 2016

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Dang, these guys could come up with good music.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Creata referencing parts of Eternity Served Cold but with a much more hopeful sound is a neat thematic touch.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Bringing back the lyrics to Song of Skaia actually brought tears to my eyes. What a great song.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Stride is really cool. Mixing Moonsetter into a theme for the Striders is a neat idea.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Android Blues posted:

Creata referencing parts of Eternity Served Cold but with a much more hopeful sound is a neat thematic touch.

Is this the one that used to be called Eternity's Shylock?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

That's right, yeah.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Is Meenah always completely honest about Aranea?

Meenah, mentioned at some point after [S] Game Over that Aranea actually tried to be in charge and take all the limelight in their session, to which Vriska responds that yeah, Aranea was doing all the heavy lifting when it came to the boats. If Aranea was the egotist Meenah states, surely she would've claimed credit for it? Meenah's comment doesn't read like Aranea being content to be the quiet hand in the shadows, whereas up until Game Over, she was more than happy to play the role of Merlin. IE, facilitate others being heroes, such as coaching Jake or letting Vriska claim credit.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

God drat Ascend is good. This is one of the best Homestuck tracks ever, I feel like. Breeze, Lilith in Starlight, Starfall, Moonsweater...there are some really stellar tracks on this album.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Personally i don't really like Vol 10 at all. I mean, it's not BAD or anything, just really uninspired. Which i guess makes it a perfect fit for the Homestuck ending.

Still, it's kinda dull to have an album consisting almost exclusively of remixes of tracks that already have like ten remixes each beforehand. And everyone thought they were clever by making the tracks 4:13 or 3:14 or 6:12 long and it just gets sorta silly.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I felt kinda that way about the first few tracks, but the album's back half feels really strong to me. Like, from Voidlight on it starts to really pick up.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, Vol 10 hasn't felt super strong to me, but I'm really digging Ascend - really love the idea of "inverting" Descend, and love that it quotes Arisen Anew.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Ascend was cool and all, but it just made me think that i'd rather just be listening to Arisen Anew.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

John's lovely rock guitar theme fucks with Jack's part of the song.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
The track art for THIS Pumpkin is really really cute I just want to put that out there.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The album made me very happy and I was glad I stayed up late to hear all of it. There was nothing I fast-forwarded through on first listen, and the extended storytelling tracks were wonderful. "THIS Pumpkin" came as the greatest surprise, and a lovely one.

Tensei's teaser summary of the whole thing.

Do Homestuck albums usually come with any sort of liner notes? I bought the album, but didn't see any.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

What theme is Castle referencing? It sounds so familiar to me, but I can't put my finger on it.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Freak Futanari posted:

I think the original series ending is a better ending than End of Evangelion, even though EoE was pretty cool.
The original series ending had that cat. I don't know whose cat that was, but that cat did not give a gently caress! If you pause the tape, you can almost see sunglasses starting to descend from the top of the screen but the camera's too all over the place.

WAR FOOT posted:

Is Meenah always completely honest about Aranea?

Meenah, mentioned at some point after [S] Game Over that Aranea actually tried to be in charge and take all the limelight in their session, to which Vriska responds that yeah, Aranea was doing all the heavy lifting when it came to the boats. If Aranea was the egotist Meenah states, surely she would've claimed credit for it? Meenah's comment doesn't read like Aranea being content to be the quiet hand in the shadows, whereas up until Game Over, she was more than happy to play the role of Merlin. IE, facilitate others being heroes, such as coaching Jake or letting Vriska claim credit.

Meenah's just pissed her friend punched a ticket for leaving their relationship at the cost of one Oblivion.

Being an empath and coming from a culture gently raising her to support other folks, I can see her being cool with a lot of situations and really until Vriska was involved they were peers. Compare how Meenah treats Aranea during the walkabouts and they meet Jake to the boat ride.

Maybe her egotism is internalized? She ran a good smugathon all the way until GAME OVER

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 12, 2016

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
so the extra comic hussie wrote for the side comic thing got leaked and its a bit underwhelming, equius barely says anything.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I'll pick up the new album if it's part of a Steam sale or bundle, but otherwise I'll wait.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ArfJason posted:

so the extra comic hussie wrote for the side comic thing got leaked and its a bit underwhelming, equius barely says anything.

I haven't seen the leak, but that's pretty much what the preview made it look it was going to be:

Vriska says a lot of words, Equius says a few words, THE END

Can't really blame him for false advertising on that one.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i bought paradox 2 and i liked it
although given the length of the preview i was expecting the whole thing to be longer then it was, as it is, it's like half the comic

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I like Volume 10 more the more I listen to it. Lilith in Starlight is really pretty, and in general there are just a lot of melodic, sweet-sounding tracks on here.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

i'm going to agree with whoever said the back-half of 10 is stronger

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

That was me! I'm glad.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

snoon

http://cdn.mspaintadventures.com/images/probotional_teazer.jpg

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

what is this and where is it from?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the Sweet Bro And Hella Jeff Avedntures, a Telltale Game Series

announcement will be during Sony's press conference tomorrow night

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
its a link on the latest news post

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

what is this and where is it from?

You can find it here:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I can't loving believe this, and yet, at the same time, I'm so glad.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Spellman posted:

You can find it here:

....huh, that's actually pretty cool.

I know I've been saying to give up hope over and over again in this thread, but that hidden teazer actual makes me feel like doing the opposite of giving up.

I am now filled with cautious optimism while bracing for disappointment.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It's going to be an entire comic of KC Green's bad SBAHJ comics

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Freak Futanari posted:

It's going to be an entire comic of KC Green's bad SBAHJ comics

dude, come on, why you gotta be so quick to crush my dreams?

But anyway, I still maintain that the epilogue, whether it's good or bad, won't be coming for at least a year at the earliest.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

actually the epilogue was encoded decades ago on Voyager's Golden Record
only the fan brave enough to go after it will get to enjoy the True Final Ending

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The epilogue will take the form of an Archer style ARG scavenger hunt: https://imgur.com/gallery/luK4m <--- click here and start reading to make your brain go numb

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
On the subject of Paradox Space, and my copy of volume two coming in and me sitting here reading it..... whatever happened to part two of The Inaugural Death of Mister Seven?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Wait, there were models revealed? How come nobody posted them?

Don;t know, OP, don;t much care myswelf, but here's hoping someone else ITT can answer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

CidGregor posted:

On the subject of Paradox Space, and my copy of volume two coming in and me sitting here reading it..... whatever happened to part two of The Inaugural Death of Mister Seven?

it will come out after the epilogue