Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

vyst posted:

Maybe Aryan Brotherhood was too strong, I was trying to think of a biker gang type personality. Maybe Hell's Angels member is more appropriate.

Calm down you PL Evangelists.

There's better gangs that aren't neo Nazis for that. And as a recently rejected applicant for Goonwaffe I take offense to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
lmbo at Horde's war update

Guys we reset everyone because we are totally not a blue donut but remember, gudfites only. Don't farm Darkness like they tried to farm you. Wouldn't want to hurt their ADMs :roflolmao:

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
All in service of destroying the Evil Goon Empire.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Zephyrine posted:

No I am all about the truth. Regardless of sides.

HAHAHA! For someone claiming to be "all about the truth" you sure don't have a good grasp of it.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Morris posted:

Guys we reset everyone because we are totally not a blue donut but remember, gudfites only. Don't farm Darkness like they tried to farm you. Wouldn't want to hurt their ADMs :roflolmao:

literally wargames

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

poo poo im sorry i forgot the code words nowadays are thunderdome and content ring, newer folks might not remember wargames

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Xolve posted:

Yeah- but that was the answer he gave in his application question for 'how to move a super/titan'. People are just mocking him in that thread for it.

Good man Alchemist8 calling him out.

Sounds like the issue that he has is that the guy was dumb enough to talk about using an exploit on a public forum, not that he was planning on using the exploit. Not even sure how that's debatable really.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I haven't played Eve in forever, and when I did I played it only briefly. I have 7 weeks off, though, and am thinking about doing some MMO stuff. Is Goonswarm still recruiting noobies? Is this the right thread for this?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

The Dregs posted:

I haven't played Eve in forever, and when I did I played it only briefly. I have 7 weeks off, though, and am thinking about doing some MMO stuff. Is Goonswarm still recruiting noobies? Is this the right thread for this?

:getin:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Did some undocking today. Even with a bunch of post-surgery painkillers in me, still had fun farming WeedPlz on the undock. I'm pretty convinced that Saranen just makes people stupid at this point.

The Dregs posted:

It's not the ideal thread, but that's okay! There are currently 4-5 different entities recruiting SA players; my personal favorite is GoonWaffe, which you're probably familiar with. You can find all the recruiting threads in PGS; just avoid the Pirocor guys and you'll be fine.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Thanks. I am going to download the free trial right now and see if I enjoy it.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Did some undocking today. Even with a bunch of post-surgery painkillers in me, still had fun farming WeedPlz on the undock. I'm pretty convinced that Saranen just makes people stupid at this point.

It's not the ideal thread, but that's okay! There are currently 4-5 different entities recruiting SA players; my personal favorite is GoonWaffe, which you're probably familiar with. You can find all the recruiting threads in PGS; just avoid the Pirocor guys and you'll be fine.

I wonder where sa matra and brad sather roam now that wwb pretty much killed their entire gameplay

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Sounds like the issue that he has is that the guy was dumb enough to talk about using an exploit on a public forum, not that he was planning on using the exploit. Not even sure how that's debatable really.

I think we've descended to the level of lunacy that we're officially 'well- if you don't read the bible as a believer... of course you won't get the message' crazy; and just see what we want to see at this point.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Xolve posted:

I think we've descended to the level of lunacy that we're officially 'well- if you don't read the bible as a believer... of course you won't get the message' crazy; and just see what we want to see at this point.

If by we you mean everyone who plays this stupid space game, then yes.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Pandemic Hoard

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I noticed they had some deal where I can pay five bucks to reactivate my old trial account for 20 days. For some reason my name was changed to Amarr Citizen 987534751. I have like 10 million spacebucks and I think a ship somewhere. This may be fun.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Morris posted:

That's one of the funnier things about this whole entire event.

If the cfc. weren't so busy shitposting about how terrible blue donuts are, and how ~honorfites~ are the best thing ever, then their blinding hypocrisy wouldn't be on such display.

There's nothing wrong with them getting together to poo poo on us. iirc, The Mittani outlined this exact way to take us down back when he was writing for ten ton hammer.

It's them doing this poo poo while at the same time blathering on and on hypocritcally that makes the whole thing loving hilarious.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

no you see its different because their leaders got paid

and the plebs will never see any of that isk

cant have srp because reasons, wait no-it makes you weak and foolish

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Baculus posted:

If by we you mean everyone who plays this stupid space game, then yes.

I do indeed.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

Wait what?

Also, :lol: I just got locked out of the "Your Candidate Sucks" subforums.

Watch out videogames, ZDR edging ahead for best admin.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
zdr is an admin, vg is a mod

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey Videogames check your PMs :colbert:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
videogames don't read his pm, it's all lies and slander

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

p7hk9 posted:

HAHAHA! For someone claiming to be "all about the truth" you sure don't have a good grasp of it.

Give an example then.

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real

Zephyrine posted:

Give an example then.

Everything you post.

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

The Dregs posted:

For some reason my name was changed to Amarr Citizen 987534751.

You should be able to petition CCP for a name change as they've renamed your character due to it being inactive.

P.S Join GoonWaffe

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

vyst posted:

If you have people dropping Corp to preserve a statistic then you do in fact give a poo poo about said statistic. There's no arguing this.

I can't speak for RKK - something I am fiercely proud of - but I wouldn't ask someone to drop corp for having lots of expensive losses: I'd be content that they were active. If they were losing lots of ships because they were actively bad at Eve then sure, that would be different: after a series of callouts along the lines of "endie why did your boy forget to turn on his hardeners/jump when told to hold/speak in wh local/whatever?" I'd certainly suggest that maybe horde for a while would be better.

The rkk shitshow was brilliant timing after their "captain homeless" guy tried to make drama in kismeteer's thread. As to the stuff from a couple of pages ago, I suspect that kismeteer joined us mainly because we have a burgeoning EG enclave here and it's good to play with people you know, I guess?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
burgeoning bitter bitches who were in eg enclave

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

harlyq posted:

Everything you post.

A bit of a dodgy response. I'm not that scary am I? Let's have a proper example of blatant or even slight dishonesty

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

A bit of a dodgy response. I'm not that scary am I? Let's have a proper example of blatant or even slight dishonesty

harlyq posted:

Everything you post.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Zephyrine posted:

Zephyrine posted:

Which isn't true because nowhere does PL pressure members into flying less expensive ships or reprimand people for losing expensive stuff (as opposed to cheaper stuff).

Don't link me the Grath sound cloud. He was probably grinning from ear to ear during the whole thing.

MOA on the other hand does care and that's evident.

https://www.pandemic-legion.pl/forums/index.php?/topic/5707-application-the-ironfear/&page=4

Go ahead, tell me he would've been mocked as much for losing a tengu.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Eminai posted:

https://www.pandemic-legion.pl/forums/index.php?/topic/5707-application-the-ironfear/&page=4

Go ahead, tell me he would've been mocked as much for losing a tengu.

What does mocking have to do with alliance policy?

In goonfleet people mock each othet for dumb losses all the time.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jun 13, 2016

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Zephyrine posted:

What does mocking have to do with alliance policy?

In goonfleet people mock each othet for dumb losses all the time.

We typically don't boot people for them, or remove their sponsor's ability to sponsor more people in. INB4 booting somebody isn't a "reprimand".

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Eminai posted:

We typically don't boot people for them, or remove their sponsor's ability to sponsor more people in. INB4 booting somebody isn't a "reprimand".

I don't know a whole lot about RKK (mostly because they're disgusting pubbies who still buy into that BoB bruhaha nonsense); but for other corps in PL if you vouch someone into your corp, and they do something stupid during said trial (90 days usually, activity metrics vary)- not only are they removed, but so is the voucher. Sure- there are circumstances where the vouching person might be of significant importance to the alliance, and thereby just lose their rights to vouch.

And sure GSF doesn't boot people from the corp for doing stupid things like renaming stations, posting dissent, or withdrawing capitals early- and you certainly wouldn't regulate a FC that jumps instead of bridges to frigates and cruisers either, right? :nallears:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Eminai posted:

The incredibly dumb Titan loss was just the final drop for a recruit who was already hanging loose. It was not the sole reason. I would even say that it wasn't even the primary reason. Just the last drop.

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real
What flavor of koolaid did you pick up this time?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
hi nice link. don't visit pl forums it gives you computer diseases.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

Xolve posted:

I don't know a whole lot about RKK (mostly because they're disgusting pubbies who still buy into that BoB bruhaha nonsense); but for other corps in PL if you vouch someone into your corp, and they do something stupid during said trial (90 days usually, activity metrics vary)- not only are they removed, but so is the voucher. Sure- there are circumstances where the vouching person might be of significant importance to the alliance, and thereby just lose their rights to vouch.

And sure GSF doesn't boot people from the corp for doing stupid things like renaming stations, posting dissent, or withdrawing capitals early- and you certainly wouldn't regulate a FC that jumps instead of bridges to frigates and cruisers either, right? :nallears:

Hmm yes doing poo poo that has the potential to harm the alliance and line members as a whole, compared to losing a ship. Surely the same.

Also Zephyrine posted pretty reasonably after you left for a bit, then you started to talk poo poo bout theta etc and you internalized the propaganda of your new team. It's understandable, but pretending like you're not trying to narrative is dumb.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

harlyq posted:

What flavor of koolaid did you pick up this time?

If snark was gold...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

If snark was gold...

weird flavor

• Locked thread