Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

And when the woman woke up, startled out of a dead sleep/nightmare, I thought "Sandi!"

Then she said "We made it." and it was gone.

Edit: Tired of the catte tax, so have a tax catte!

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
What is that Ben quote where he has a stroke? Woah dop plop or something

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Your average webGL based thrown together in a weekend then abandoned idle game on kongregate has better ~Persistence~ than starcitizen and that's not hyperbole

Pointy
Feb 12, 2003

hello old friend

G0RF posted:

STATE OF THE GAME:

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

peter gabriel posted:

What is that Ben quote where he has a stroke? Woah dop plop or something

bah weep grah nah weep ninibong

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

The lil guy just wants to find a better spacegame to be part of.

Fly free, tiny spaceship. Never look back.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hey shill dude

how does this make you feel?

:kayak::kayak::kayak:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Stanko-Prussian posted:

bah weep grah nah weep ninibong

Waoh something

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Lazrin posted:

i'm waiting to hear more bluster to explain why his previous bluster was pulled out of his rear end

this isn't about cig, this is about what gorf promised and making sure you're all aware what a broken poser he is

You've got balls son, I'll give you that. Risking infection by coming here to the shark tank where HE rides his waterski above us? Not many citizens have the balls to do that. It shows huge balls. I like your balls. I like that you're showing them to us.

drat fine balls.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

Waoh something

it was ya woh weh ohd ehp woh did eh wod did

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

Hey shill dude

how does this make you feel?

:kayak::kayak::kayak:

:vince:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

orcinus posted:

But it's aN ALpHa! aNd NoT JUsST ANY ALPHA! IT'S A TRUE ALPHA

2.4blerg is NOT an alpha. It's past release candidate. I guess CIG just doesn't understand....

wait for it....

wait for it....

software development!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Justin Tyme posted:

it was ya woh weh ohd ehp woh did eh wod did

Thank you :)

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Lazrin posted:

held up? gorf promised the big reveal, the show that would wipe star citizen off the map

and then nothing
Well, to be fair, Star Citizen is being wiped off the map by Chris Roberts-- a point I have belabored for quite some time.

But it's a fair point if you're mad at me because you're disappointed by the EA conference reveal. I did want and hope to see more, given the Shinobi602 play tester details that made such "hey" on Neogaf. (There's supposedly more coming tomorrow on Youtube's live channel but we'll see what that really looks like then.) He's been right on some things, off on others. If the vertical slice he played, and the 10 minute presentation he outlined doesn't show up during the course of E3, it'll be a letdown. It's a safe bet, still, that Andromeda is coming out next year and Star Citizen is still in pre-alpha. One will move millions of units. I'll let you guess which one that is.

As I think you probably know, even if you took away every AAA game coming out in the next 9 months, CIG is sending unambiguous signals that both their games are officially "Troubled Projects", on the order of Daikatana and Duke Nukem Forever.

Revenues are in free fall, nobody is playing their game (even when they offer it for free), Star Citizen's codebase is resisting their attempts to de-crapify it. Formerly excited discussion communities are turning hostile, more backers are seeking chargebacks, their toxic community has metastasized and driven away many who asked questions or expressed frustrations about delays or dishonest communications from CIG. Squadron 42 seems very certain to miss yet another release date this fall, even while seeing one of the most successful AAA franchises in their world releasing a space dogfighter / FPS adventure with a big Hollywood cast and both single and multiplayer options.

Lazrin posted:

i'm waiting to hear more bluster to explain why his previous bluster was pulled out of his rear end

this isn't about cig, this is about what gorf promised and making sure you're all aware what a broken poser he is

Everything's relative, man.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

You've got balls son, I'll give you that. Risking infection by coming here to the shark tank where HE rides his waterski above us? Not many citizens have the balls to do that. It shows huge balls. I like your balls. I like that you're showing them to us.

drat fine balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUaf5gNiUwM

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Hey guys, we're working on a threat assessment to get a feel for the scope of Lazrin's huge balls over in You need a Platinum Account to view this message If you want in.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

drunkshopping is awesome

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Inkel posted:

This is starting to sound awfully familiar to whoever that idiot was thousands of pages ago who kept going on about Derek Smart and stole goon valor.

If it's STIMSIS, now he knows why I keep resisting his nomination to replace Derek as OP!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

someone add mass effect Andromeda to that graph they always pull out, make sure to say its development started in like 1998 1898 though, gotta make SC look good.

edit: or are they gonna go with the "console trash" argument :allears:

Because, you know, DREEEEEAAAAAMMMMMMS, man!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Nicholas posted:

I predict that Squadron 42 is going to be split off into a feature length movie with digital release, and a small game consisting of a series of short missions with no NPC's, FPS or co-op.

Orrrrrrr actual gameplay.

Best drat Sandi Dating Simulator Ever!

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

So, how can CIG possibly release the game in a reasonable timeframe? Clearly there's only one solution:

---

The vast, rolling plains stretched out before Ben Lesnick, who viewed them from atop a high promontory. Far, far away, he saw a gigantic and ancient looking longboat crash into the shore and begin disgorging its passengers. From a distant tower, a mighty horn blew as a host of glittering figures took to the field, heralding the start of the battle and the twilight of the gods. Ben found doubt creeping into his heart once more. As much as he hated to doubt Chris, had they perhaps gone too far this time?

He turned to behold the Font of All Knowledge as he gazed eagerly over the field, jittery with anticipation and his expensive powdered enthusiasm. Eventually, Lesnick stammered out his doubts, spilling his heart out to Chris. Was the end of all things really worth it? Chis smiled beatifically, unable to remove his eyes from the battlefield as a hammer-wielding figure and an immense serpent brawled with earth-shattering fury. Ben braced himself as best he could from the shockwaves as Chris began to speak and gesture wildly.

“Well, you- you see, we, aaaah, couldn’t use the TIME MACHINE again, the uh, time MACHINE, no. Not since that idiot Lando managed to erase th- refactor the UCS. “

Even as an immense and spectral figure of a wolf devoured the sun behind him, Ben couldn’t help but be more terribly fascinated by Chris’ comments. “Wait, time machine? UCS? What do you mean?”

“You didn- of course not the- the TEMPORAL shielding would… uuuh… Nevermind, nevermind. Shame about Roanoke, but BUT, it’s aaaaa, water under bridge. Um. Yes. You see, the, ah, whole release date thing, Lesnick, I’ve been THINKING. We CAN probably release… (mumble), uh, release the game in 2014! Time is… you know… cyclical, Lesnick. All, uh, you know, that I had to do was, uh, make a few calls and and AND maybe offer a few, uh, THINGS to the right people. We’ll release the game in… ah… 2014. Just, just the thing is THAT it’s just, uh, not our 2014. We’ll have entire, you know, MILLENNIA to get this all… ah… right. In fact, I’ll be the one choosing the, uh, dating system we use!”

“…Oh…”

Ben turned away from Chris’ radiance for a moment to glance over at the field. An immense figure of fire was battling a shining figure bearing a broken horn, sending waves of fire across the field. Between the roiling flames and the clashing armies, two glowing figures were locked in a brutal swordfight. This was clearly the end, neither side could possibly win here… but perhaps, just perhaps, he would survive and witness a new world being born, a world better than this one, one literally formed for Star Citizen’s release. Still… deep inside, he felt hollow, empty, like death. He turned once more to bask in Chris’ radiance, and prayed the doubts would pass.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

G0RF posted:

Useful thoughtful analysis and stuff.

That's just, like, your opinion man. (Never stop posting in this thread, please)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lazrin posted:

Post ur ballz plz.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Just watched the ME:A trailer.

I assume seppuku is ongoing at the Santa Monica offices?

That would, of course, assume anyone there has anything resembling in the slightest an even minor grasp of a fragment of reality.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Danakir posted:

That's just, like, your opinion man. (Never stop posting in this thread, please)

Thanks man!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

A Neurotic Jew posted:

why are you so upset friend. G0rf doesn't run EA's presentation.

ANJ channeling his inner :pgabz: ITT.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

As my learned colleague above says, pls show ur balls or leave.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

YOU WATCH YOUR WHORE MOUTH

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Danakir posted:

Show me on the doll where the bad man touched your spaceship, son. It's okay.

Son? Given the CIG slant, shouldn't you say "little girl"?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm pulling this out of my rear end on behalf of Gorf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qchQnNXePdY

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Danknificent posted:

For god's sake please nobody take bait this obvious.

You tried

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Lazrin posted:

You do have to admit-- this looks pretty cool, Lazrin. Can we agree on that much?

peter gabriel posted:

Oh man, I'm as touched as I am terrified!

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

G0RF, why didn't you predict this amazing gameplay footage that CIG showed at E3 and blew everyone away? You are a loving poser and everyone knows it.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Samizdata posted:

Son? Given the CIG slant, shouldn't you say "little girl"?

So what I'm getting from this is that Ben has started hiring for the shill squad from his 'special friends'? Ghastly. I'll be refactoring my posting pipeline to fix this mistake promptly.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

G0RF posted:

Revenues are in free fall, nobody is playing their game (even when they offer it for free), Star Citizen's codebase is resisting their attempts to de-crapify it.

Are you saying we have reached the Shitularity? :asoiaf:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

peter gabriel posted:

:five:

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
Oh poo poo, I forgot Stimsis even existed. What a beautiful specimen of batshit crazy.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Inkel posted:

G0RF, why didn't you predict this amazing gameplay footage that CIG showed at E3 and blew everyone away? You are a loving poser and everyone knows it.

It's true!

G0RF fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jun 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Scruffpuff posted:

Apparently Star Citizen is an example of "faith-based gaming development."
...but not intelligent design, I'm guessing.

• Locked thread