Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

drunkill posted:

And just like that the NBN is dead.

Good job Murdoch, you won.
E: labor to continue HFC rollout, rip fiber (except for a few extra places but not many)

this is the worst news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I dunno, this is like getting the news that your sick family dog has to be put down. It's sad, yeah, but it's also sort of a relief that it's finally happened.

It's done, it's over, and we can move on. Maybe we can get a new NBN later, when we're ready for it, but now we're free to just keep going and focus on other things.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Anidav posted:

this is the worst news.

Not for Perth, we have very little HFC and also very little FTTN. So I'll get fibre since I've never even been on a 3 year map

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Cleretic posted:

I dunno, this is like getting the news that your sick family dog has to be put down. It's sad, yeah, but it's also sort of a relief that it's finally happened.

It's done, it's over, and we can move on. Maybe we can get a new NBN later, when we're ready for it, but now we're free to just keep going and focus on other things.

By the time we try again TPG and other Telco fuckwits would've rolled out their own nationwide network and we'll be segmented like in the US

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
talk about your first world problems.

diddums

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

cum_dumpster posted:

diddums

People complain about their internet connection in the third world, too.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

A telstra style monopoly was bad enough. Now we'll get a network map carved out by the big 3 and it'll be so bad that AT&T will blush.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

this is the worst news.

Theres still 2 weeks to go.

This will be far from the worst news.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Starshark posted:

People complain about their internet connection in the third world, too.

here we see refugees on nauru protesting the fact they only have a 2g connection

plumpy hole lever fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 13, 2016

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Lid posted:

Ummmm... change places?

EXCLUSIVE

Labor will preference the Greens ahead of the Liberals across the country and is considering a deal with Nick Xenophon, which could see the Independent Senator pick up three Liberal seats in South Australia and possibly even Cabinet Minister Christopher Pyne's seat of Sturt.

One of these days NXT will have to loosely support one party over the other and it will seriously take the wind out of his sails either way. He's still avoiding it by running an open ticket as his voter base is an incomprehensible blend of ostensibly progressive and conservative voters but preferences deals and/or a hung parliament will probably see him support one of the L parties more than the other. I imagine those three SA seats will be pretty important this election and the amazing thing is one of them is one of those ultra-conservative semi-arid rural seats that has voted Liberal with a very comfortable margin for decades.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Vladimir Poutine posted:

One of these days NXT will have to loosely support one party over the other and it will seriously take the wind out of his sails either way. He's still avoiding it by running an open ticket as his voter base is an incomprehensible blend of ostensibly progressive and conservative voters but preferences deals and/or a hung parliament will probably see him support one of the L parties more than the other. I imagine those three SA seats will be pretty important this election and the amazing thing is one of them is one of those ultra-conservative semi-arid rural seats that has voted Liberal with a very comfortable margin for decades.

I know that this is what will probably end up happening, but does it have to be that way? Like, can't they just support individual policies on a case by case basis? Could the Greens and independents have done the same in 2013?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

cum_dumpster posted:

here we see refugees on nauru protesting the fact they only have a 2g connection

I see in the absence of ScreamingLlama you're locking down the stupid for this thread. Good for you.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress! I keep forgetting it's impossible to ever do more than one thing! Fuckin poo poo!!

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
+spits out gum onto sidewalk* No time for this, gotta troll auspol!

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

cum_dumpster posted:

diddums

Almost like we live in a first world country.

Good internet infrastructure is incredibly important for the future of many of our industries, and for growing new industries in the future.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Senor Tron posted:

Good internet infrastructure is incredibly important for the future of many of our industries, and for growing new industries in the future.

don't need your fancy internet to dig big holes in the ground son

*gets job replaced by a truck that drives itself*

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

MC Eating Disorder posted:

+spits out gum onto sidewalk* No time for this, gotta troll auspol!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Dude McAwesome posted:

don't need your fancy internet to dig big holes in the ground son

*gets job replaced by a truck that drives itself*

*connection to server lags out*

*well, gently caress*

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mr Turnbull will promise to set up a $1 billion reef fund which will provide concessional loans for "clean energy" projects that improve water quality by reducing run-off of pollutants and fertiliser and limiting "ocean outfalls" from sewage treatment plants.

Speaking in Townsville, he said Australia should be a "role model in management of coral reefs".

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
Yeah we should be, you gently caress(s).

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

"We will lend money at a rate above what we borrow it for so that people can do the work we should be doing ourselves. "

Truly inspiring.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

open24hours posted:

"We will lend money at a rate above what we borrow it for so that people can do the work we should be doing ourselves. "

Truly inspiring.

Please tell me someone actually said this.

thatbastardken posted:

*connection to server lags out*

*well, gently caress*

that's agile as gently caress mate, water truck? innovative

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Senor Tron posted:

and anime david is whinging it'll be delivered by a few parties instead of one state owned company

so again, diddums

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Starshark posted:

I see in the absence of ScreamingLlama you're locking down the stupid for this thread. Good for you.

i see you have nothing worthwhile to contribute as usual.

keep it up

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

cum_dumpster posted:

keep it up

:ironicat:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Recoome fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 13, 2016

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

cum_dumpster posted:

keep it up

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

cum_dumpster posted:

and anime david is whinging it'll be delivered by a few parties instead of one state owned company

so again, diddums

Problem with that is you end up with patchy networks that you can't rely on for full coverage. For lots of uses, the minimum service you can rely on someone to have sets the baseline for everyone.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Simone Seeley: "um EXCUSE ME! Gay people can be just as bigoted as NORMAL PEOPLE. We should be able to join the UPF"

(At least I think that's what they're saying.)

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

and this looks awesome. I wasn't going to buy another computer game for a while but looks like the cc is going to have to take another one for the team.

edit: Red and yellow kangaroo makes it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

STAGE A COUP

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

MonoAus posted:

Simone Seeley: "um EXCUSE ME! Gay people can be just as bigoted as NORMAL PEOPLE. We should be able to join the UPF"

(At least I think that's what they're saying.)

They're saying that massacres are an unavoidable consequence of Islamic immigration to 'progressive' countries. Same thing they've always been saying.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
Was referring to the cut off comment at the bottom of the screenshot.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Oh right, nevermind then.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

open24hours posted:

They're saying that massacres are an unavoidable consequence of Islamic immigration to 'progressive' countries. Same thing they've always been saying.

You need to check out the comment at the bottom of the thing. Actually check the whole thing out on the facebook page

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Recoome posted:

You need to check out the comment at the bottom of the thing. Actually check the whole thing out on the facebook page

Actually, don't

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

cum_dumpster posted:

diddums

Senor Tron posted:

:drat:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

First world? My australia?? No THANKYOU!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Personally I hate Islam and Muslims because of how bigoted they are towards those god drat faggots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Personally I hate Islam and Muslims because of how bigoted they are towards those god drat faggots.

i fuckin hate how they treat their women, it's hosed

*calls the female volunteer umpire at a local footy match "a stupid oval office" at the top of his voice*

*unironically calls all women bitches*

• Locked thread