Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Was just hoping to get in a quick match while I wait for my wife to get home, it's KOTH with nobody but me ever setting foot on the point. I say "you know we have to capture this point to win, right?" and the only response I get (from our 2nd Hanzo) is "no".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Tiramisu posted:

Edit: Weird. I guess I don't have it. I swear I remember seeing the toast in game but it doesn't show up on my list.

It was probably Shutout, which can also be buggy for people not standing on the pads. It's usually snipers not on the control points that don't get it and also D.Va has achievement issues because the game counts her mech as a different individual for some things.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 13, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Verranicus posted:

Was just hoping to get in a quick match while I wait for my wife to get home, it's KOTH with nobody but me ever setting foot on the point. I say "you know we have to capture this point to win, right?" and the only response I get (from our 2nd Hanzo) is "no".

hanzoplayers.txt

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Verranicus posted:

He's right.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I literally have no idea why anyone would ever play Hanzo. Well, I guess I do because lol hitboxes but he's the most boring, generic, uninteresting, lovely, slow-moving hero in the entire game.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
e: Double post

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Jimbot posted:

Her ultimate should take a couple of seconds to charge up like Lucio's before it goes off.

They tried this in the beta. It was okay from a balance perspective, but felt really bad from a gameplay perspective. Mercy went from a staple in competitive to garbage tier, she was never able to get the resurrection off. They returned the instant-cast, but cut the range by over half. (It used to be 40, now it's 15.)

Also, this is hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V373tdODYZg&t=108s

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ddraig posted:

I literally have no idea why anyone would ever play Hanzo. Well, I guess I do because lol hitboxes but he's the most boring, generic, uninteresting, lovely, slow-moving hero in the entire game.

At the risk of contracting salt poisoning, I don't understand it myself. If you want to snipe people all day long Widowmaker is right there and if you absolutely have to play someone out of one of your animes Genji is right over there, but no, every other random person I play with has a fixation on Hanzo. I would rather play against McCree and get flashbanged-fanned every single time than have someone who refuses to play anyone but Hanzo then brags at the end of the match after we lose about having second-highest eliminations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I disapprove of your Hanzo choice, but I will defend to the death your right to choose him - voltaire

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Jimbot posted:

Reviving your entire team is far more useful than an overshield that diminishes extremely fast.

Lucio's overshield is basically an "I win" button for pushes

Mercy's Ult leaves her allies stationary as they're being revived and extremely obvious so your team has plenty of time to set up to kill them again.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Hanzo is fun to play as

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I did it, I have the #1 spot for spm as torbjorn on ps4

I am the most powerful dwarf in the world

TheVekter
Sep 29, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Manatee Cannon posted:

I did it, I have the #1 spot for spm as torbjorn on ps4

I am the most powerful dwarf in the world

:krad:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

I disapprove of your Hanzo choice, but I will defend to the death your right to choose him - voltaire

It is with regret that I pronounce the fatal truth: hanzo must switch that the team may win. - robespierre

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
The more I play this game the more I realize how unbalanced it really is. Shame too!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

a cat on an apple posted:

Lucio's overshield is basically an "I win" button for pushes

Mercy's Ult leaves her allies stationary as they're being revived and extremely obvious so your team has plenty of time to set up to kill them again.

Nah, it works in theory but in practice the revived team pop their ultimates or what have you and push back. It's on the point so your team tends to be grouped up and just do their thing. It's probably the most powerful ultimate in the game in its current state and Mercy gets it every 20 seconds.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hollywood is one of the worst maps in the entire game

that first point is atrocious

TheVekter
Sep 29, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Grapplejack posted:

Hollywood is one of the worst maps in the entire game

that first point is atrocious

There are worse. Read: Hanamura B, Kings Cross D, Lijiang Tower C.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Prav posted:

It is with regret that I pronounce the fatal truth: hanzo must switch that the team may win. - robespierre

It is impossible to Hanzo in innocence. The folly of that is all too evident. All Hanzos are randos and shitters. - Louis Antoine de Saint-Just

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

gently caress widow maker fuckign oval office - Nikola Tesla

TheVekter
Sep 29, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Nehru the Damaja posted:

It is impossible to Hanzo in innocence. The folly of that is all too evident. All Hanzos are randos and shitters. - Louis Antoine de Saint-Just

what about that one Genji pubbie that refuses to play anything else?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

TheVekter posted:

what about that one Genji pubbie that refuses to play anything else?

Man I just went with the only other quote from the French Revolution that I remembered verbatim. Make your own thing out of Danton's audacity/daring quote and have fun

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Why is genji a warframe

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Digirat posted:

Why is genji a warframe

his rear end isn't big enough to be a warframe, sorry

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ddraig posted:

he's hot and bows are fun

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I really like this week's brawl and I'm sad it'll be over Tuesday(?), because it's been a great opportunity to play a lot of heroes I would feel guilty for picking in a normal match because I'd essentially condemn my team to 5v6.

Discovered D.Va is super fun and good and so are Tracer and Zenyatta, though it is not an exaggeration that the latter dies if anyone so much as looks at him funny. What's depressing is that I absolutely suck with supposedly overpowered characters like McCree and Widow.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hanzo is fun

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

You make a fair point and that fact has probably protected blizzard from legal action. However, in the immortal words of shakespeare, better to have seen a fabulous ninja butt and had it removed from the game than to have never seen it at all.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I like Mystery Heroes because I can play Hanzo without being a deliberate drag on my team. I actually saved the match on Lijiang with a 5-man solo kill and it didn't even give me a drat highlight. (No dragon, no lottery arrow nonsense. Just arrow, arrow, arrow etc) I'm not that consistent normally but he's fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsGbLiCVyPU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Why does Pharrah get whitewashed in her player icon on the bottom-left of the screen during a match?

Blizzard confounds me sometimes with their decisions.

TheVekter
Sep 29, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Grapplejack posted:

idk dude it's pretty fuckin' big

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Jimbot posted:

Why does Pharrah get whitewashed in her player icon on the bottom-left of the screen during a match?

Blizzard confounds me sometimes with their decisions.

Why does she get a native american skin when she's Egyptian? Blizzard makes no sense.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

TheVekter posted:

idk dude it's pretty fuckin' big

You're thinking of Widowmaker.

TheVekter
Sep 29, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken posted:

You're thinking of Widowmaker.

Widowmaker's anatomy makes no sense. Genji is the male king of butts in Overwatch. The female one is Mercy. No, seriously.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Digirat posted:

Why is genji a warframe

he's raiden

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Mercy and Widowmaker have serious spinal issues and should probably get some sort of treatment for them because I can only imagine they're in constant, agonizing pain.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Ddraig posted:

Why does she get a native american skin when she's Egyptian? Blizzard makes no sense.

For real, that skin is weird. I dig the warpaint but I don't think it's appropriate for an Egyptian to be wearing that sort of thing. Apparently it's just a mishmash of Native American and First Nations styles. Blizzard designers just thought it looked cool.

Edit: I'm not apposed to characters having unique skins like that, like a theme (Vikings, samurai, Native American, Roman, poo poo like that), but you know they only gave her that skin is because she has tan skin and could pass off as a Native American.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 13, 2016

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Hanzo's sonic arrow and neat Ult are all really neat tools, and the splinter arrow's a useful close-range burst. It's only that widow's op and doesn't have problems up close because of her rifle. If she gets nerfed hanzo's close to being a useful tool for medium range and holding chokepoints.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Ddraig posted:

Mercy and Widowmaker have serious spinal issues and should probably get some sort of treatment for them because I can only imagine they're in constant, agonizing pain.

Why do you think Mercy keeps doing mad science on people such as Reaper and Genji. It certainly isn't to help people...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Goon stream going on for another hour or so: https://www.twitch.tv/whatspeakyou