Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So Issue 12 of New Avengers was pretty good, because you know, Al Ewing is an amazing writer.

But this panel happens in it after the Wizards banish the Celestial Destructor that you see in Civil War II #1.

The hillarious part is what Dr. Strange says. Because it's a reference to this sketch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icTrzUuWlHI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Bruce Lee was a tiny tiny man.

I always thought Mycroft Holmes was a hilarious character. He's better than Sherlock in every way at what Sherlock is known for, doesn't have the crippling character flaws and leads a pretty stable life, and the only thing keeping him from being the real protagonist is that he doesn't enjoy field work or adventure.

To be fair, he basically runs the entire British government rather than solving a few murders.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Blocked in the US due to copyright?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Le sigh. International copyright is such a drag.

Basically the Mitchell and Webb show is a British Comedy Sketch show. The Vectron sketch was one of the shows best ones, and he has Dr. Strange reference it.

It's doubly funny as Vectron is a made up deity being invoked by a wizard who gets powers from made up deities.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Is this scene the one you tried to link? That link is viewable in the US.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

That's the one, although that video is weirdly cropped.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Cleretic posted:

That's the one, although that video is weirdly cropped.

That's almost certainly to fool Youtube's content ID software, otherwise it'd get caught and blocked.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
"Doctor.. what'd'ya say? Strange? Never heard of 'im..."

(Conan the Avenger #4 (Dark Horse))

Later:

(Issue #5)

Second layer of humor due to his name (spoilered for those who haven't read/seen Machiavelli's The Mandrake:

Wikipedia posted:

The Mandrake takes place over a 24-hour period. The protagonist, Callimaco, desires to sleep with Lucrezia, the young and beautiful wife of an elderly fool, Nicia. Nicia above all else desires a son and heir, but still has none. Callimaco, conspiring with a rascally marriage broker and a priest, masquerades as a doctor. He convinces Nicia to drug Lucrezia with mandrake, claiming it will increase her fertility. He adds, however, the dire warning that the mandrake will undoubtedly kill the first man to have intercourse with her. Callimaco helpfully suggests to Nicia that an unwitting fool be found for this purpose. A reluctant Lucrezia is eventually convinced by her mother and the priest to comply with her husband's wishes. She allows a disguised Callimaco into her bed and, believing that the events which caused her to break her marriage vows were due to divine providence, thereafter accepts him as her lover on a more permanent basis.

(Disclaimer: I only found this after Google, because I expected Callimaco to be someone pretty grifty anyway. Also, I was waiting for the Classics Illustrated Machiavelli trade, anyway.)

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Yeah that's the clip. The one about Vectron.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

So, in the latest Howard the Duck comic, Howard gets sent somewhere by the nexus of all realities or whatever because he wished he was home. He ends up however in the home of his old flame Bev in Maine. They go through some emotional pages on why it's obvious their relation doesn't work out anymore, why problem just keeps following Howard no matter where he is,

and it ends with a gag of a Sentinel who fashioned himself after the Punisher who goes on to explain its life story, followed by trying to kill them both.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Post the sentinel backstory, it's the best part.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

And again the Scarlet Witch is to be blamed.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Wolverine posted:

Bub.

Perfect.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
^^Did you say blob?

Saoshyant posted:

So, in the latest Howard the Duck comic, Howard gets sent somewhere by the nexus of all realities or whatever because he wished he was home. He ends up however in the home of his old flame Bev in Maine. They go through some emotional pages on why it's obvious their relation doesn't work out anymore, why problem just keeps following Howard no matter where he is,

and it ends with a gag of a Sentinel who fashioned himself after the Punisher who goes on to explain its life story, followed by trying to kill them both.

Did you know she wants to be a vet?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

Did you know she wants to be a vet?

What, since when?

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
Not to be a needful Ned, but is there a dump of this thread's images anywhere?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Uncanny Inhumans #2: This is Black Bolt and Johnny Storm's first meeting since Johnny started dating Black Bolt's ex-wife Medusa.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What was Crystal's relationship to the rest of the royal family?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TwoPair posted:

Uncanny Inhumans #2: This is Black Bolt and Johnny Storm's first meeting since Johnny started dating Black Bolt's ex-wife Medusa.

Skwirl posted:

What was Crystal's relationship to the rest of the royal family?

I think she's Medusa's sister.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just get a speak and spell like Hawking, BB

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

I think she's Medusa's sister.

Dating the older sister is kinda boss. It'd be a poo poo move though if Crystal wasn't twice divorced and with a tween child.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Medusa no longer being with Black Bolt is so weird to me. It's like if Sue Storm was dating again.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I don't know why, but Johnny Storm having a "flame" logo is the dumbest thing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vincent posted:

Yeah, it should be a 4 out of just solidarity if nothing else.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lurdiak posted:

Medusa no longer being with Black Bolt is so weird to me. It's like if Sue Storm was dating again.
One of the iconic Inhuman things for me was Black Bolt as king but Medusa doing all the actual statecraft because he couldn't talk.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well he just owns a nightclub now so...

edit:

quote:

The Himalayan site of Attilan became known as "the Great Refuge." The Himalayas did not prove to be remote enough to enable the Inhumans to retain their secrecy, however, and soon the Inhumans' existence became known to several of the governments of the outside world, although not to the general public. While in the Himalayas, all of Attilan's ancient architecture was accidentally destroyed by Black Bolt and the city has been extensively redesigned and rebuilt.

"Goddammit BB what do you have to say for yourself?!"

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 13, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

"Goddammit BB what do you have to say for yourself?!"

"My bad"

*city block leveled*

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Vincent posted:

It reminds me of the battle beast fire logos. I'd post an example of one but those loving things went pitch black on every single figure over 25 years ago.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's loving pitch perfect.

The only problem is you get stuck with Thing as wood.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Lurdiak posted:

It reminds me of the battle beast fire logos. I'd post an example of one but those loving things went pitch black on every single figure over 25 years ago.

Wow, I haven't thought of those things since I was a kid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Now he looks too much like Jim Hammond

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rhyno posted:

Now he looks too much like Jim Hammond

That exactly what's wrong with it. Why isn't Johnny in the FF any more?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Because there's no FF for him to be a part of.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Endless Mike posted:

Because there's no FF for him to be a part of.

I really need to get caught up. :sigh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

prefect posted:

I really need to get caught up. :sigh:

Reed took his family and the foundation are now off-book recreating and mapping the multi-verse. Thing is now with the Guardians and Johnny is with the Inhumans.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Reed took his family and the foundation are now off-book recreating and mapping the multi-verse. Thing is now with the Guardians and Johnny is with the Inhumans.

The lengths Marvel will go to avoid giving Fox free advertising...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Trast posted:

Wow, I haven't thought of those things since I was a kid.

Sorry for making you waste neurons remembering those.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

joehonkie posted:

The lengths Marvel will go to avoid giving Fox free advertising...

Like adding Deadpool to the Avengers

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Lurdiak posted:

Sorry for making you waste neurons remembering those.

I had so many of them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Trast posted:

I had so many of them too.

Neurons or battle beasts?