Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Please be Berserk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Can't wait for Berserk Warriors to go over like a wet fart at e3.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Policenaut posted:

Berserk Musou? Berserk Musou.

I'm really loving hoping its Berserk Musou. Please, please god god-hand.

I will sacrifice a bunch of motherfuckers to get Berserk Musou.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

[Behelit intensifies]

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Drakenel posted:

I feel kind of left out with not having watched any of the animes they're making games of. (And I don't have a particular inclination to start watching either.)

I am not an anime guy at all but the old rear end single season Berserk series is a really enjoyable watch. It's like 26 episodes or some poo poo like that and is a half decent action story and then the "ending" is loving crazy.

I know the manga continues the story for quite a while longer and I'm assuming there have been other series that they've done for it or are going to do but the original is good for a couple of binge sessions if you ever feel like just sitting down and watching a hilariously violent cartoon. It's like a Japanese Heavy Metal series.

That said, if they are making Berserk Musou then it will be a perfect game to play without knowing the source. All you really need to know about Berserk is there are a bunch of dudes with ridiculous weapons fighting each other and sometimes monsters.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There wasn't one until the new series starts in July. They did a few movies a while ago but they covered the same ground as the old TV series.
Doesn't matter anyway, Game of Thrones will be done before Berserk.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jibo posted:

I know the manga continues the story for quite a while longer

Understatement of the century

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Finally, the skeleton wheels will be able to break out of their Dark Souls niche and star in a new game

Can't wait for this stage in Berserk Musou

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

HenryEx posted:

Finally, the skeleton wheels will be able to break out of their Dark Souls niche and star in a new game

Can't wait for this stage in Berserk Musou

They may even be playable. It's not like there isn't president for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg-yL0D7qAQ

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Drakenel posted:

I feel kind of left out with not having watched any of the animes they're making games of. (And I don't have a particular inclination to start watching either.)

Sounds like a personal problem, berserk owns.

If you haven't read/watched Berserk read Berserk. Even if this new Musou game is not Berserk read it anyway.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
10 hours till they announce another attack on titan game and make us all terribly sad.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Belzac posted:

10 hours till they announce another attack on titan game and make us all terribly sad.

This is literally the same way it went down last time so this is what I'm expecting. :v:

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009
Berserk Musou!

Amusingly the webpage is broke, however the address is berserk-musou. Time for gratuitous violence boys and girls.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5w1UlJb-ZY

The GIG fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 13, 2016

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009
Not gonna lie, that video reminded me how uncomfortable Berserk is in parts, I always remember the significantly less hosed bits. I really hope we get this in the West, and that it's not horrible censored either. Hyped as gently caress however.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Hope there's a english release date announced sooner rather than otherwise nice going announcing a game for Japan while shrugging at everyone else at E3.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
I'm so hard right now.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Hearing it's coming to the west too. Guy I'm following is saying more info on the 23rd of june, not a august 23rd release.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The grimmest Dynasty warriors ever.

Belzac posted:

I'm so hard right now.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hope it ends up more Pirate Warriors than FotNS Warriors.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

every koei-tecmo game comes west. don't worry

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Well at least this means they're taking the source material seriously.

:stare:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Davincie posted:

every koei-tecmo game comes west. don't worry

excuse you you're forgetting about DoA Xtreme 3, the game that bombed hard enough for them to release a f2p version a month later.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Berserk Warriors has been confirmed for a US release with the working title "Berserk". PS4/Vita/Steam.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Effort post about playable characters

Pre-Eclipse Guts
After-Eclipse Guts
Full Berserker Armor Guts
PE Griffith
Femto
After-Eclipse Griffith
PE Caska
PE Corkus
PE Judeau
PE Pippin
Farnese
Serpico
Isidro
Schierke
Zodd
Grunbeld
Locus
Irvine
Raksas
Skull Kngiht

OK, thanks.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dewgy posted:

Well at least this means they're taking the source material seriously.

:stare:

Would you have it any other way?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Pippen
EX boss character eyes open Pippen

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Berserk Warriors has been confirmed for a US release with the working title "Berserk". PS4/Vita/Steam.

So loving excited, can't wait for this poo poo

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

Would you have it any other way?

its me the person who doesn't mind taking rape out of things

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
That trailer inspires confidence.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wish more Warriors games came out on PC, I had a whole bunch of fun with DW8, DW8:E and SW4-2.
Particularly SW4:E would be loving amazing to have. I really prefer SW-style combat and I love Empires.

EDIT: Seriously, whom do I have to blow to get Samurai Warriors 4: Empires on PC?

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jun 13, 2016

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I'd love a true PC port, give me a slider for character density and let me beast of a PC be put to work.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Now Dark Horse just needs to get the manga on comixology because it's god drat near impossible to get certain volumes of the series without :filez:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

HOLY poo poo ITS REAL? I was kinda kidding when I said "please be berserk musou" when I saw the bloody text, but its loving real.

I'm so happy right now :dance:

Harlock posted:

Effort post about playable characters

Pre-Eclipse Guts
After-Eclipse Guts
Full Berserker Armor Guts
PE Griffith
Femto
After-Eclipse Griffith
PE Caska
PE Corkus
PE Judeau
PE Pippin
Farnese
Serpico
Isidro
Schierke
Zodd
Grunbeld
Locus
Irvine
Raksas
Skull Kngiht

OK, thanks.

Man, just thinking about running around Dynasty Warriors and then suddenly

Guts: "I have defeated 1000 men!"

Griffith: "Truly you are a man I can call my equal!"

General Boscogn: "No man can stand against my Purple Rhino Knights!"

*new army spawns on battlefield*
*music changes to faster paced heavy metal*

Fuuuuuuck yes

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 13, 2016

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I hope we get a gameplay trailer sometime. I expect huge swathes of blood and flying limbs/penises

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009
Even if it's post golden age arc I still hope we get to re-enact some golden age stuff, I know by warriors standards Guts vs 100 dudes isn't many but I'm sure Koei will take some liberties and it'll be 100,000.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
I'm guessing it will be Golden Age + whatever the new anime is about. Also the full trailer comes out the 23rd.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Wow, the only thing I can say that I'm hyped for in regards to new games is this. I want to know if Omega Force can top the intro to the PS2 Berserk game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxqkhhTzzx8

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011
So did the Berserk author ever get over his crippling Idolmaster addiction? Did they ever get to Elf Island?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Achernar posted:

So did the Berserk author ever get over his crippling Idolmaster addiction? Did they ever get to Elf Island?

They made it to elf island, yes.