Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TwoPair posted:

but make no mistake, he dead.

So.... back in 3 months or 6?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
No idea, after the secret wars reboot even Doc Sampson is back, even though he was dead as a hammer in the previous bit.

Young Cyke is still around though, and trying to ... walk around and discover why his older self was a weird, slightly retarded, brain damaged weirdo who DIDN'T get his neck snapped by DOOM but instead did the mystery death thing.

I'm a gamblin' man though, so I'll lob out a bet of a year or so.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A resurrection two-fer with one of the Jeans.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"Every weakness I had is gone" except for this one weird trick that no one could possibly have suspected that will surely be discovered in two or three issues.

That said, I actually didn't know about Jugg and Xavier :smithcloud:

Veotax
May 16, 2006

So, the extent of my knowledge of the X-Men comes from the 90's cartoon and the movies, when did the Juggernaut become some kind of cosmic power and not just one guy's mutation?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Veotax posted:

So, the extent of my knowledge of the X-Men comes from the 90's cartoon and the movies, when did the Juggernaut become some kind of cosmic power and not just one guy's mutation?

X-Men #12, July 1965.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Guess that never made it into the cartoon then?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He was never a mutant in the cartoon. He had a power gem, which he lost to Some Nerd at one point.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There actually was an episode of the cartoon where some nerd explores some ancient ruins and accidentally steals Juggernauts powers.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Guess I just don't remember poo poo about the cartoon then, never mind!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

It's okay we were all drinking a lot back then too

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They turned it into a mutation in X3 but that was it.

I guess he kind of was in Ultimate Xmen too

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

The only instance I can think of Juggernaut being depicted as a mutant is X3: The Last Stand. One of many, many things that made that movie horrible.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I think the episode of X-men: Evolution that introduced Juggernaut said that he was a mundane "enhanced by mysticism" and also made him Professor X's biological brother.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I was really annoyed that Rogue's powers worked on him in that episode.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hey guys, personal request, can someone post Dream playing The Oldest Game with a demon from Sandman?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Lurdiak posted:

How come? Rogue's powers work on everyone, don't they?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ashcans posted:

I was under the impression that mystical power granted directly to you by a god can't be "drained" away by a mutant.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Ashcans posted:

I think what they mean is her powers shouldn't work on someone whose abilities aren't natural' (like Jugs' being from the power gem/magic/whatever). I have no idea if they should or not, I never knew the specifics of her power-draining abilities.

E: Beaten

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lurdiak posted:

Hey guys, personal request, can someone post Dream playing The Oldest Game with a demon from Sandman?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Thanks. Would you happen to have the next page?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Lurdiak posted:

I was under the impression that mystical power granted directly to you by a god can't be "drained" away by a mutant.

Oh, that's not an unreasonable complaint, yea. Rogue's powers seem to work on everyone though, she had even stolen Thor's before so it's at least consistent.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lurdiak posted:

Thanks. Would you happen to have the next page?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Once again, thank you kindly. :tipshat:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
The bit just a few pages later where he faces down the entirety of Hell is slightly more badass.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I think what they mean is her powers shouldn't work on someone whose abilities aren't natural' (like Jugs' being from the power gem/magic/whatever). I have no idea if they should or not, I never knew the specifics of her power-draining abilities.

E: Beaten

If she can steal the Raging Demon from Akuma she can gank strength from :itjb:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!
Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

I always thought she absorbed his rage but not his powers. It's been years since I have seen that episode but I thought it was more his memories and anger and maybe a little bit of energy.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

we all know vs. series is never canon

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

C. Everett Koop posted:

Due to his appearance in Children of the Atom, Capcom is on record saying that Akuma is actually a mutant.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Raging demon is a martial arts move, she just stole the knowledge of how to do it from him, and enough of his personality to have the killing intent.

LEARN THE LORE.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ashcans posted:

Oh, that's not an unreasonable complaint, yea. Rogue's powers seem to work on everyone though, she had even stolen Thor's before so it's at least consistent.

Exactly, if Rogue can absorb from Thor I don't see why she can't from Juggernaut. One's a straight-up god, the other's just juicing off one.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Jerusalem posted:

So.... back in 3 months or 6?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"Every weakness I had is gone" except for this one weird trick that no one could possibly have suspected that will surely be discovered in two or three issues.

Someone pitch this to Quesada: Juggernaut doesn't actually have a weakness anyone can exploit, but he also doesn't really do anything. He just pops up once a year to kill a resurrected cyclops. Every time Scott comes back, via clone shenanigans, magical resurrection, whatever, Juggs appears in an issue or two and stomps him dead, then goes back to living in a cabin somewhere and quietly fishing.

Mr. Sinister secretly starts cloning X-men, realizes he's accidentally cloned Summers as well, and starts frantically trying to abort the clone before Juggernaut bursts through a wall and destroys everything. Dr. Strange requires Cyclops for a mystic ritual, hires several heroes to guard the site while he resurrects Scott and performs it, they fail and he has to make a deal with Cain to hold off on killing Summers long enough to let him finish. Hell, give Cyclops a short series where he comes back and tries as hard as he can to keep his resurrection a secret so Juggernaut won't come kill him again. I'll give you three guesses how the series should end. :v:

Edit: Best of all, make young cyclops his partner, because he's as pissed at his older self as Juggernaut. "I know the poo poo you did, Scott! I have to live with that bullshit on my reputation because of your dumb rear end. Go back to hell, rear end in a top hat!"

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 14, 2016

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Mirror's Edge: Exordium #3

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rogue has stolen Juggernaut's powers in the comics before during a Rogue miniseries from about ten years ago. It was from back when Juggernaut was a member of the X-Men. He got knocked out against whatever they were up against and Rogue touched his face to power herself up since he wasn't going to be needing it.

One of the cooler WTF instances of Rogue's power is when she tried it on Absorbing Man. It created feedback that took them both out of the fight.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That said, I actually didn't know about Jugg and Xavier :smithcloud:

There was a time when Juggernaut reluctantly agreed to join the X-Men. It was considered the only part of Chuck Austen's abysmal New X-Men run that wasn't a complete garbage fire. In the middle of it, Cain and Xavier had a verbal confrontation where they ended up smoothing things out after realizing their mutual-hatred came from their father's abuse to both of them. Juggernaut moved to England to join Excalibur for a bit, but when World War Hulk was happening, he gave in to Cyttorak's will to get more power and teleport to Westchester to save his brother.

Juggernaut left the team immediately after, telling the others not to follow. He became a chaotic neutral type for a while and was eventually recruited into the government's Thunderbolts program due to Xavier asking Luke Cage to do him a solid.

There was an incident in-between where Juggernaut tried to kill Xavier that deserves to be in this thread. I think it's from X-Men Legacy. It showed that Xavier is far scarier to Juggernaut than Juggernaut is to Xavier.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gavok posted:

One of the cooler WTF instances of Rogue's power is when she tried it on Absorbing Man. It created feedback that took them both out of the fight.

Doesn't similar things happen whenever she touches Bishop or Fabian Cortez?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Let's not forget one of the dumber Rogue power steals of all time

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Who the gently caress dressed Natasha?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Toshimo posted:

Who the gently caress dressed Natasha?

Believe that's supposed to be Satanna... not sure who dressed her, though.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cadavers4Algernon posted:

Believe that's supposed to be Satanna... not sure who dressed her, though.

Christ almighty, it's like she's been rooting around in Madelyne Pryor's closet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yes, that's Satanna. It's from the Uncanny Avengers book where they go to Mojoworld. That's been her terrible costume for years and years.