Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

My favorite little "Josuke is an rear end in a top hat" is at the start of Highway Star when he bumps into Rohan and he says something along the lines of "I didnt cheat, the fire was an accident, and your house burned down a whole day ago so give it a rest already!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Rohan's the guy that literally kidnapped his friend and tore pieces of his face off though, so being an rear end in a top hat to him is pretty different.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Momomo posted:

Rohan's the guy that literally kidnapped his friend and tore pieces of his face off though, so being an rear end in a top hat to him is pretty different.

Oh I know, I just like Josukes little "Ugh, that happened a day ago, get over it already", its such a lovely teen thing to say

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love Josuke and he's one of my favorite characters, but he's probably a bigger rear end in a top hat than Jotaro in Part 3 is. That's part of his charm and why he's great.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I'm glad that Josuke's first thought on meeting a shapeshifting alien is "how can I scam Rohan?"

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It doesn't make any goddamn sense for him to just assume being carried through power lines by an electric ghost is something he can just fix

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It doesn't make any goddamn sense for him to just assume being carried through power lines by an electric ghost is something he can just fix

it'd have been hilarious dark humor if josuke had waited too long and a dead okuyasu had come back.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Josuke doesn't seem to know the full extent of his powers. He thought he could bring his grandfather back to life early on, so I can see him making this assumption. He was just lucky that his guess was actually right this time.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Momomo posted:

Josuke doesn't seem to know the full extent of his powers. He thought he could bring his grandfather back to life early on, so I can see him making this assumption. He was just lucky that his guess was actually right this time.

His dead grandpa is exactly why it's weird for him to make those kind of assumptions, though.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Well I mean, what else can they really do in that situation? RHCP is gone the second he goes into the wires, so all Josuke can try is healing the arm.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Josuke is 15, I'm sorry he's not a good hero yet, but I hope you all know he's trying his best.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Momomo posted:

Well I mean, what else can they really do in that situation? RHCP is gone the second he goes into the wires, so all Josuke can try is healing the arm.

Well he could get the gently caress on it instead of trying to imitate his cool older brother nephew

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Moltrey posted:

Josuke is 15, I'm sorry he's not a good hero yet, but I hope you all know he's trying his best.

His best is Jotaro's worst

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Meme Emulator posted:

Oh I know, I just like Josukes little "Ugh, that happened a day ago, get over it already", its such a lovely teen thing to say

To be fair, if I remember right, Crazy Diamond could have fixed the house, but Rohan refused out of spite. So at that point, if I was Josuke, I'd be over it, too.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Baal posted:

Jotaro's worst is getting murdered by a crazy person and having his daughter die slightly afterwards. So no, I think he's a little better than that.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The fandom's portrayal and understanding of Josuke and Okuyasu and Araki's are generally different. It's lame.
It doesn't seem that bad, though? Most fans seem to get the best pals thing they have going by the end; you just don't see a lot of the rowdiness or the constant roasting that Josuke gives Okuyasu reflected in fan stuff, possibly because not everyone was a dumb teen boy at some point (or hung out with them). The actually kinda valid complaint about how everyone was acting at the end of this episode was that it wasn't very long ago that they saw Keicho get completely wrecked after spending almost no time at all travelling through the power grid with RHCP, but eh, it's for the sake of a joke.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

hoobajoo posted:

To be fair, if I remember right, Crazy Diamond could have fixed the house, but Rohan refused out of spite. So at that point, if I was Josuke, I'd be over it, too.

Rohan and Josuke's immense hate toward each other is really good.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Baal posted:

Jotaro's best is cool cigeratte tricks. Josuke's best is cool motorcycle tricks.

So they're pretty even honestly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Boogaleeboo posted:

Jotaro's worst is getting murdered by a crazy person and having his daughter die slightly afterwards. So no, I think he's a little better than that.

And Josuke's is being responsible for his grandfather's death because he couldn't be assed to watch a bottle for five seconds

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Momomo posted:

To be fair, he didn't really know Koichi at the time.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Rohan Kishibe posted:

To be fair, he didn't really know Koichi at the time.

he did after the first one

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Looking back Rohan and Terunosuke were really similar, and yet

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

anime news network man posted:

The stakes feel so much different now that we have both a primary antagonist to focus on and the encroaching arrival of Joseph Joestar to have us on the edge of our seats.

i'm kinda loving how some people still think RHCP is the main antag

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

like how many people do you think are gonna flip when kira gets properly introduced. i can only imagine the episode where shigechi gets mulched will be amazing

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm kinda loving how some people still think RHCP is the main antag

You'd think that people would have learned after part 2 that the first (and even second) bad guy introduced is not the Bad Guy.

I love that the Rohan's Bizarre Adventure chapters have Reimi going "there's a prolific serial killer in this town who has eluded the public's attention for years! please help me solve this grisly mystery!" and then literally immediately after that Kira almost runs Koichi over. There he is. There's the horrible man.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Part 4 is a successful example of a narrative following the perspectives of both a killer and the group trying to find him, a feat that has eluded David Cage not just once but twice

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Further proof that people should read the Manga.

Joseph primaries are terrible too

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

RHCP wouldn't even remotely be an interesting main antag stand, either. they point out how he could get into some major systems and do a lot of damage, but that poo poo is just boring compared to 'annoyed guy in suit tries to bluff you on whether or not something is a bomb'

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Im going to register and tell that guy to read the Manga next week if I remember

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Why not?

Keicho was relatively "fine" when he was dragged in by RHCP, he could still talk and was clearly still alive, and it was a short distance to the power lines where his corpse was left. Okuyasu was dragged into a cable a lot further from any major power lines and time spent talking in jojo doesn't accurately reflect actual time passed so josuke just casually fixed okuyasu up because he knew it wouldn't be a big deal

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just as an fyi people should keep an eye out for JoJo news at anime expo. With Viz's acquiring of the anime rights and saying they'll dub Parts 3 and 4, they're bound to announce some release dates on Part 3 JoJoniums and Blu-Ray/DVDs of Parts 1-3 for release this year or early next year.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Something just occured to me.

Gold Experience Requiem is immune to basically anything, right? Cuz it can reset any state back to 0.

Wouldn't that mean GER (and Giorno by extention) survived Made In Heaven's timeskip?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Please release the Part 4 tanks, Viz. Please don't spend three years releasing Part 3 JoJoniums.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Gold Experience Requiem is immune to basically anything, right? Cuz it can reset any state back to 0.

Wouldn't that mean GER (and Giorno by extention) survived Made In Heaven's timeskip?

Giorno reset Made in Heaven, but this time Anasui died instead of FF, and FF just shot Pucci in the head with her plankton gun, killing him before he could merge with the Green Baby.

Jolyne, Hermes and FF now have an apartment in Miami where they have cool adventures.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

standard owl posted:

You'd think that people would have learned after part 2 that the first (and even second) bad guy introduced is not the Bad Guy.

That's true even of Part 1 in a way; the final fight isn't against Vampire Neonate Dio or Freezing Touch Dio, but Severed Head Dio.

Then Part 3 sets up Enya as Dio's right-hand woman, and she dies halfway through, with the second-to-last fight being against Vanilla Ice, whose existence is kind of an asspull.

Part 7 has Alternate Diego come out of nowhere for the final fight, and Part 8 is about halfway through and still doesn't have a clear main villain.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

This is a common theory, but I don't buy it. Since GER resets the opponent's actions to 0, wouldn't it just stop Pucci from activating Made in Heaven in the first place? Since it didn't do that, my view is that either the GER powerup "wore off" right after Giorno beat Diavolo, or there's some kind of limit to GER (maybe it can't negate your actions if it doesn't know your location, or Pucci didn't count as an opponent because he wasn't trying to kill Giorno specifically).

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 14, 2016

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

This is a common theory, but I don't buy it. Since GER resets the opponent's actions to 0, wouldn't it just stop Pucci from activating Made in Heaven in the first place? Since it didn't do that, my view is that either the GER powerup "wore off" right after Giorno beat Diavolo, or there's some kind of limit to GER (maybe it can't negate your actions if it doesn't know your location, or Pucci didn't count as an opponent because he wasn't trying to kill Giorno specifically).

GER turns back into regular GE after they beat Diavolo. The arrow falls out of it, and Giorno says something to the effect of he'll hide the arrow in the turtle. No surviving universe reset for Giorno.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

RaspberryCommie posted:

Giorno reset Made in Heaven, but this time Anasui died instead of FF, and FF just shot Pucci in the head with her plankton gun, killing him before he could merge with the Green Baby.

Jolyne, Hermes and FF now have an apartment in Miami where they have cool adventures.
Weather Report shows up sometimes, but just to smoke all their weed.

Actually, just Broad City but Jolyne and Hermes

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Moltrey posted:

Weather Report shows up sometimes, but just to smoke all their weed.

Actually, just Broad City but Jolyne and Hermes

Broad City with stand battles confirmed for Part 9.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Amaryllis posted:

At first I thought the criticism was, say, "it would have been interesting to have her show up again and it feels like a waste that she didn't," but nope, dude just thought that story was pointless. An objectively bad jojopinion.

I missed this but my issue was that the baby was used as a plot device that was "resolved" by fishing it out of a lake and then ignoring it for the rest of the story apart from a footnote at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
Its really more of a character development device than anything else really