Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Crabtree posted:

Somewhat bad news as the content is cut between BIKER HEIST PACK $6.99 and BIKER CHARACTER PACK $4.99. Buying the character gets the shotgun, the perkdeck, the character, the chain whip and two masks. The Biker Heist Pack gets the Heist, The CR 805B Submachine gun, the throw-able axe, the four achievement masks, patterns and materials.

a bargain at twice the price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Hey kids, be on the lookout for our Eliminator Character Pack, with Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Eliminator, and the Biological-Cyber Robot perk deck, coming this summer! And keep your eyes open this October for our OVK-Mart Pack, featuring the Kaboomstick Shotgun, Chainsaw melee weapon, Retail Worker perk deck, and Ashford W. Jilliams character pack, as played by Bruce Campbell!

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

RandallODim posted:

They actually got Sharlto Copley, I'm pretty sure Overkill can just do whatever they want with beloved A-list actors at this point.

FTFY :colbert:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

What a way to ring in the new changes eh.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
It's really gonna be a fuckin' heartbreaker when Payday 3 drops and has none of the extended crime family.

I love 'em both but Copley and Perlman are solidly B-list and seem to be pretty comfortable with that. Honestly part of their appeal, for me. Sometimes I get to see them in something great, and sometimes they're the shining light in a total mess.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So yeah Ron Dadfucking Perlman. Yeah that's cool. I honestly half expected Danny Trejo though, this game doesn't have a Hispanic heister yet. I also would love to see someone from the middle east too.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Mr Scumbag posted:

It'll never happen, but Ron Perlman would be great. I'd also take Norman Reedus.

Well gently caress. I'm exceptionally happy about this.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

RandallODim posted:

It's really gonna be a fuckin' heartbreaker when Payday 3 drops and has none of the extended crime family.

PD3 is probably going to be Dallas, Chains, Houston, Hoxton, and Clover. Wolf retires, there's a small thing at the beginning for the heisters that died / quit / left between games.

I'd love for them to keep some of the other characters between games like Jacket and Sydney, but

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Silenced aa12 + crits + frag rounds equals I AM GOD

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

PD3 is probably going to be Dallas, Chains, Houston, Hoxton, and Clover. Wolf retires, there's a small thing at the beginning for the heisters that died / quit / left between games.

I'd love for them to keep some of the other characters between games like Jacket and Sydney, but

I'd say that Sydney, Boinnie, Sokol and Dragan are here to stay as well as they are original Overkill property. Biker possibly too. Jacket, Wick and Jimmy are not Overkill property and they might be gone. Although I think that Dennaton games could agree to have Jacket still in the crew, the movie tie ins probably won't make it to Payday 3.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

You know, I'm gonna lay this out while it's Summer and there's time to potentially do it. For Halloween I want a headless mask. I will actually build a decent Thompson, however garbage it may be, if I can be Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner.

talkin' about the man

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
only if you kill that son of a bitch van owen

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Ron Pearlman pack is great. At this point, I'd like them to make Twitch and Bile playable, just to complete the Payday family. Hopefully with a heist that involves tracking down and killing Alex. :v:

Also, Jiro's son.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Ron Pearlman pack is great. At this point, I'd like them to make Twitch and Bile playable, just to complete the Payday family. Hopefully with a heist that involves tracking down and killing Alex. :v:

Also, Jiro's son.

On the 2 hour stream Q&A with some devs that weren't Almir, it was confirmed that stuff with Jiro's Son is in the works.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'd like them to make Twitch and Bile playable

Then who would drive the van/fly the helicopter?

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Skunkrocker posted:

hoxton already breaks hoxton out of prison

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Is there some sort of master list for every live action payday 2 video? I kind of want to binge watch them now. I typically don't give a poo poo about game trailers but every payday 2 trailer ive seen has been REALLY good.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

They were complete poo poo in an entertaining way up until the Dentist reveal trailer, after that they began being actually good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Skunkrocker posted:

The game doesn't stop you from using Hoxton on Hox Breakout, so Twitch and Bile should work the same way, really.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Long Guide has been updated. The update largely consists of updating perk deck and skill info, but there are some items that might be of interest:

The Holy Text posted:

Dynamite and grenade range 10 m -> 5 m, damage 300 -> 600, exponent 0.5 -> 0.1. Community grenade: 10 m range, 600 damage, 0.1 exponent. [...] Simultaneous assault enemies on DW: New 50% diff value is old 100% diff, new 100% diff is *9/7.

First, grenades. Here's the damage falloff multiplier:

quote:

(1-distance/explosionRadius)^exponent
And here's the grenade stats as they exist today:

Distance is calculated from the center of the explosion to the center of the chest of the enemy in question. The lower the exponent, the less harsh damage falloff is. Between the damage buff and the explosion falloff buff, I think the DLC grenades and dynamite are in a much better place than before this change, but it doesn't matter because community grenades are hands-down better.

Diff is a bit hard to explain succinctly, but it's a variable that goes up over the course of loud gameplay until it reaches 100%. Higher diff increases the number of assault spawns, extends the Sustain phase and changes the composition of enemy groups. Basically, expect to see more cops during assault waves on DW.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 13, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Dr Cheeto posted:

Basically, expect to see more cops during assault waves on DW.

Good.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Nice to see I was not imagining things, they really increased the DW spawns. :getin:

Also things of note:

quote:

Ex-pres does not get ballistic vest dodge bonuses. Yakuza activates at 100% hp.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I remember reading something about grinder heal stacks not stacking right, is that fixed? Because if it's not, taking dodge from ex-pres and not fixing Grinder is :mad:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I think what it is is that they reduced the Grinder duration so much that it's actually about as long as the intended cooldown on stacking, so effectively you can't stack healing like before, it just feels like this slow trickle of health.

Ex-Pres is supposed to get LBV dodge bonuses though, so that's them loving up on their end.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

And here's the grenade stats as they exist today:

So there's no reason to use the DLC grenade, I guess?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lemon-Lime posted:

So there's no reason to use the DLC grenade, I guess?

Pretty much, yeah. I thought maybe you would start with fewer community grenades but they seem to be identical in every respect save the explosion radius.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

From what I remember, the old grenade and dynamite radii used to be 10m as well. Hell, on the update 100 website advertising the free grenade they even say it's supposed to have a 5m radius so that is again Overkill loving up on their end.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Good to know it's probably a bug, at least.

Also good to know, but not good to find out, that several of the skills that are supposed to make you more accurate actually make you less accurate because the guy who coded them forgot how stance modifiers work. :downs:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 13, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.humblebundle.com/e3-digital-ticket

They bundled the masks with a dlc this time around so it's nine dollars. :(

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The DLC code is separate so if you were so inclined you could give it away.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Anyone got a good picture of the masks? If I like them I'll get the bundle and give away all the junk I already have

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Christ, looking at the guide it's painfully obvious how loving garbage Armourer is. :(

Yakuza needs some love as well (it just needs to give a respectable amount of some other bonuses to make it more appealing), but all the other perk decks are at least usable.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
drat, guess I got an extra golden grin to give away then.

Oh, and our new achievement hints are out. Anyone can do a Heist, The trouble comes when you need to escape.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 13, 2016

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

PM me for golden grin DLC steam key. First come first served.

Blame Bort.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 13, 2016

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I can't tell from how small that picture is; are those the same E3 masks as last year, or a new set?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Last time I really played this game was I guess just before or just after the whole safes/drills microtransactions controversy when it seemed like everyone universally hated everything and it was a dark day for robbing. Have amends been made and is the game good again or are people just pumped because Ron Perlman*?

*Entirely understandable.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Pierson posted:

Have amends been made and is the game good again or are people just pumped because Ron Perlman*?

I have never seen another game company kiss as much rear end as Overkill has the past few months. The microtransactions have been continually neutered, and are being removed entirely in the next update.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

MTs are gone, come the end of this month they're introducing new skin safes and all of them will be openable for free. Stat boosts drop for free and can be attached to any gun.

It was never really a big deal and now it's literally not a deal at all.

also that E3 bundle is a hot pile of poo poo except I'm kinda interested in Grey Goo, but I don't want to spend $10 on Grey Goo and a pile of add-on garbage I'll never, ever use. Ugh.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Wintermutant posted:

I have never seen another game company kiss as much rear end as Overkill has the past few months. The microtransactions have been continually neutered, and are being removed entirely in the next update.

Aren't they already 'removed' as of Update 100, as any new safe that they add will drop without requiring a drill to unlock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pierson posted:

Last time I really played this game was I guess just before or just after the whole safes/drills microtransactions controversy when it seemed like everyone universally hated everything and it was a dark day for robbing. Have amends been made and is the game good again or are people just pumped because Ron Perlman*?

*Entirely understandable.

the game was always good, its even better now

ironically enough, the safes were probably the best thing to happen to the game because the harsh backlash from everyone (including a hack like jim sterling) caused overkill to go "Maybbbbe we should listen to the community", we got a lot of free content out of it, and the only paid dlc up until they were taken out were Goat Sim, Point Break heists (not bodhi), and technically the wolf pack, even though that was free for peeps who owned the Wolf Pack for the first game. I still have friends that poo poo on overkill for no good reason, because they're pubbies