Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

yeah the reddit spoilers where right, if we are thinking of the same one. Also the episode have both the waif and blackfish die of screen. It's not a good episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Also Danny is back. She legit flew onto the balcony mid battle to save the day... Off screen.

What a wonderfully lovely episode

Not even a little glimpse of dragons raining hell fire on the boats. Boo.

Maybe that's next week though idk.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

hah it would be wonderful if the siege of Mareen lasted one day on the show. That's how you solve it GURM!

Dirt
May 26, 2003

What was even the point of Arya's entire arc? Family dies, she escapes, She wanders westeros, more family die, she goes to Bravos, becomes a faceless man only to quit immediately to.. Go back to westeros? What

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
I'm glad the thread has returned to its roots.

It's good to laugh again.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dirt posted:

What was even the point of Arya's entire arc? Family dies, she escapes, She wanders westeros, more family die, she goes to Bravos, becomes a faceless man only to quit immediately to.. Go back to westeros? What

Her arc got time crunched but did you really want lots of her getting hit with a stick?

That's all they did for her development

Now she's a rebel *shocker*

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Dirt posted:

Her story pretty clearly has a five year gap in it.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Her story pretty clearly has a five year gap in it.

yeah when she healed multiple stab wounds

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The forest scene of Sandor getting his Punisher on is everything I'd hoped for after last episode. Show might not be great but the guy who plays the Hound is cool.

Him chilling on the bank of the river really made me think we were going to see Stoneheart but maybe we'll get it next week (but hopefully never because it's a dumb character).

Dirt posted:

Goes back to Westeros with training from the guild of face changing assassins who are basically the best in the world at killing people. Returns to the North, pairs up with Sansa: gently caress Your Bullshit Edition and spends the rest of the series murdering everyone who crossed their family?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

Goes back to Westeros with training from the guild of face changing assassins who are basically the best in the world at killing people. Returns to the North, pairs up with Sansa: gently caress Your Bullshit Edition and spends the rest of the series murdering everyone who crossed their family?

I feel like the last few episodes have done a lot to disprove that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Him chilling on the bank of the river really made me think we were going to see Stoneheart but maybe we'll get it next week (but hopefully never because it's a dumb character).
Beric's alive and hanging dudes, so no Stoneheart ever. Unless Stoneheart's gonna be a skeleton.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious

Lycus posted:

Unless Stoneheart's gonna be a skeleton.

Would still be better than what we got.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I was expecting Euron with 1000 quickly made ships to just show up and kill the slavers but maybe Dany by herself with a dragon flying away will be enough.

It's too bad to see Tyrion fail but you definitely get the sense that they are setting up Missandei and Grey Worm to lead when Dany leaves.

But a really crappy episode. I was hoping more between Strong and the Seven. I guess the wildfire theories are true.

They are doing a good job of bringing back in the loose ends so they can kill them off. I guess Berrick and Thoros are next. Now they just need Old Nan back.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Trudis posted:

Would still be better than what we got.

Stoneheart sucked in the book and the only reason she exists is to kill Freys which is a great reason to exist but something other than a zombie catelyn would have been much better.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
And now the Lannister army is headed south, the Dornish army heading north, the Reach army already in the capital, and the militant faith already in the capital. That's going to be a lot of armies incinerated.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Theory: Tommen is worse than Joffrey

Evidence: Tommen outlawed CLEGANEBOWL

This episode:

Cons:

Arya is Arya and survived mortal wounds
No CLEGANEBOWL
Mereen is hella stupid
The Waif died offscreen
The siege of Mereen happened offscreen
The motherfucking Blackfish died offscreen

Pros:
Beric Dondarrion is still the poo poo
No Dorne
No Idiot Vikings
Zombie Mountain / Gregor / Bob Strong loving pulled that cocksucker's head right the gently caress off

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yes, but it feels like there was going to more of a payoff here. If the point of her arc is that "Arya can pretend to be whoever but at the end of the day she can't stop being Arya" then I don't think we needed five seasons of watching her run away from home to find that out. As it stands Braavos feels like a year-long training montage that results in a few minutes of character development.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Was anyone else worried about the tone of the scene with Varys leaving? The music, pacing, and dramatic goodbye banter gave me a bad feeling that the Spider's days are numbered and he might possibly perish offscreen.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

With the fAegon plot cut, there probably isn't much to do for Varys.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The series finale is a everyone still alive on the show sitting in tents or small indoor sets talking about their various looming threats, fade to black, Jon Snow walks up to Dany and says "it's a shame [names every living character in the series] died in that battle".

Then Dany bares her rear end and a volcano of poo poo erupts from her disproportionately huge and luxurious child-bearing british white girl b-donk.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The series finale is a everyone still alive on the show sitting in tents or small indoor sets talking about their various looming threats, fade to black, Jon Snow walks up to Dany and says "it's a shame [names every living character in the series] died in that battle".

Then Dany bares her rear end and a volcano of poo poo erupts from her disproportionately huge and luxurious child-bearing british white girl b-donk.

Smash cut to close up of GRRM's face, roll credits sans music. Greatest TV finale since Battlestar Galactica.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx

Atreiden posted:

With the fAegon plot cut, there probably isn't much to do for Varys.

Hey everyone, important things are happening in Dorne!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Well I wasn't planning on jerkin it but

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
I just really want to see the Hound murder everyone, he's truly the shining light in this boring boring season. Since the show never lets someone answer a question before cutting to the next thing, what do you think he'll do you guys? Stick with the brotherhood? Become a gravedigger? Marry Beric?!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Max posted:

I feel like the last few episodes have done a lot to disprove that.

Isn't the waif explicitly not an assassin but just a servant in the temple, in the books anyways? Even in the show there's nothing that suggests she's fully trained considering she's easily as temperamental as Arya and she even explicitly ignores the order to make Arya's death quick and painless. Her stabbing attempt was very, very personal.

Theory: Tommen is worse than Joffrey

Evidence: Tommen outlawed CLEGANEBOWL

This episode:

Cons:

Arya is Arya and survived mortal wounds
No CLEGANEBOWL
Mereen is hella stupid
The Waif died offscreen
The siege of Mereen happened offscreen
The motherfucking Blackfish died offscreen

Pros:
Beric Dondarrion is still the poo poo
No Dorne
No Idiot Vikings
Zombie Mountain / Gregor / Bob Strong loving pulled that cocksucker's head right the gently caress off

Didn't list Sandor's sweet revenge as a Pro? :getout:

He even had the best line of the night with his annoyed "really? That's what you want your last words to be?" comment to the guy he just castrated with a woodsman axe.

I don't care what he does next as long as it involves more :black101: as gently caress killing.

CaptainRightful posted:

Was anyone else worried about the tone of the scene with Varys leaving? The music, pacing, and dramatic goodbye banter gave me a bad feeling that the Spider's days are numbered and he might possibly perish offscreen.

I took it as "I need to get back to Westeros to make sure certain people die."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

CaptainRightful posted:

Worse, he's going to Dorne.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Show sucks, everything is stupid

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dirt posted:

Syrio said he would train a girl to fight like a water dancer. Now he has trained a girl.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Waif as T-1000 was some cringeworthy poo poo

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

What was the stupid "rumor" that Cersei was talking about?

I can't keep up with this shitshow anymore.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Probably that Aerys hit catches of wildfire around town. Cersei will blow up the sept and the high sparrow

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Atreiden posted:

Probably that Aerys hit catches of wildfire around town. Cersei will blow up the sept and the high sparrow

She's gonna pull an Anders?

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Fluffy posted:

He even had the best line of the night with his annoyed "really? That's what you want your last words to be?" comment to the guy he just castrated with a woodsman axe.

You're poo poo at dying

was awesome.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The Waif as T-1000 was some cringeworthy poo poo

Wai-Fu QT-2000. Can change her appearances at will. Can imitate loved ones voices. Unstoppable killing machine.

Anyway, so did I read this correctly? The waif killed arya, took her face, and left her own waif face behind to prove that truly she is no one. I mean why else would Jaquen let her walk out of there alive.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

I think she will try, now that she can't use trial by combat.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

Arcsquad12 posted:

An Anders?

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Daktari posted:

An Anders?

Crazy mage from dragon age II who blows up a church, for some reason ( I never played DA II beyond the first chapter)

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
I forsee a big future for Masie Williams in the WWE as the successor to the Undertaker, that is some fine hoss level no-selling of multiple abdominal stab wounds.

Also Exit Stage Left the Blackfish and Enter Stage Right Dany were both cringe inducing.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Make the blackfish a pretty cool character then kill him offscreen because reasons. ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Bran saw the wildfire caches with Greensignt so it's going to be a factor.

Arcsquad12 posted:

She's gonna smoke a bowl, listen to 90s rap, and jack it to blacksonblondes?