Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Lord Twisted posted:

Eh seems a bit sketch. Remember FW are the ones who have said they will do the demon primarchs when asked. Unless GW are stealing the thunder.

Part of the increased facilities for FW was, apparently, some degree of plastic production capacity. So plastic FW Primarch models would make perfect sense. Betrayal at Calth could be seen as the primer for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Uroboros posted:

The real question is what points value? Will they have any use or be allowed in tournament play? Wouldn't Angron be more powerful than Angrath?

Demonized 40k Angron already had rules from a white dwarf back in the day. He was 500 points, so with Angrath at 888 you'd expect the bloodthrister to win in a straight up 1v1 match, but Angron had a minimum 2 bloodthirster honor guard tax putting the price of getting him on the table a little bit higher.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Hamshot posted:

Demonized 40k Angron already had rules from a white dwarf back in the day. He was 500 points, so with Angrath at 888 you'd expect the bloodthrister to win in a straight up 1v1 match, but Angron had a minimum 2 bloodthirster honor guard tax putting the price of getting him on the table a little bit higher.

Lol, hes worse than primarch angron for 100 points more. I would rather have the +1s armorbane of gorechild and gorefather in the world of knights and the like.\
(I get they were made in two different eras but its still funny)

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 10, 2016

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Zaphod42 posted:

I figured they'd just be cool models like the FW primarchs, but if they do give them rules then they should pretty much only really be legal in apocalypse according to the fluff.

I'd give them points somewhere around that of a small titan, but really they should probably be worth more? :shrug:

I take it you've not been paying attention to the last decade of GW releases.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

I figured they'd just be cool models like the FW primarchs, but if they do give them rules then they should pretty much only really be legal in apocalypse according to the fluff.

I'd give them points somewhere around that of a small titan, but really they should probably be worth more? :shrug:
GW has completely given up on Apocalypse and has just rolled all of its bullshit into 40k-actual. Formations, super-heavies, etc. A demon primarch would just be a LORD OF WAR and since GW has no limitations on those loving things, it'll be usable in any game regardless of points values. Yet another minor thing that FW has handled way better. That 25% limitation on makes a big difference.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Safety Factor posted:

GW has completely given up on Apocalypse and has just rolled all of its bullshit into 40k-actual. Formations, super-heavies, etc. A demon primarch would just be a LORD OF WAR and since GW has no limitations on those loving things, it'll be usable in any game regardless of points values. Yet another minor thing that FW has handled way better. That 25% limitation on makes a big difference.

Yeah, pretty much this exactly. The only thing that makes models like the upcoming daemon primarchs "Apocalypse only' is that they'll cost so many points it won't be worth trying to fit them into 1500-point games.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Safety Factor posted:

I know, I said "According to the fluff" and then I went on to say I'd give them small-titan points, yeah, lord of war, so they could be fielded in 40k :v: while just saying that again, according to the fluff they should be bigger.

Angron being beaten by a Bloodthirster seems silly. Although I was originally thinking the primarchs would be way stronger, but maybe they should be more equal? Just talking fluff.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I keep saying it, but if I played 40k again I'd only use the Age of Darkness rules and force org.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sounds good to me. I'll be up north starting next week....

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
We're kicking off a 30k VisV campaign towards the end of this month. You want me to send you the rules?

Anyone else in the Seattle area is welcome to join. Just holla.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I would kill to have a 30k-style decal sheet for Crimson Fists and Black Templars right now.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BULBASAUR posted:

We're kicking off a 30k VisV campaign towards the end of this month. You want me to send you the rules?

Anyone else in the Seattle area is welcome to join. Just holla.

Sure, why not?

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
I've got a 1850pt. tourney coming up in two weeks.
I can't decide between a ten Russ tank company list, or mech infantry with fourteen Chimeras.
Thoughts?

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015

ToyotaThong posted:

I've got a 1850pt. tourney coming up in two weeks.
I can't decide between a ten Russ tank company list, or mech infantry with fourteen Chimeras.
Thoughts?

I would never pass up a chance to deploy fourteen Chimeras.

Does the tournament have kill point missions? I don't think fourteen Chimeras can win a kill point mission.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Does anyone know if Lost Patrol is a limited run game or a permanent addition? I figured that it could be quite fun to play with some of the younger members of my family or to get my father in law to dip a toe into the themes and setting of 40k (he's a historical wargamer but he also loves board games)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Milotic posted:

Does anyone know if Lost Patrol is a limited run game or a permanent addition? I figured that it could be quite fun to play with some of the younger members of my family or to get my father in law to dip a toe into the themes and setting of 40k (he's a historical wargamer but he also loves board games)

They haven't said anything about it being limited. All their boardgames they've released in the past year or two haven't been limited, seeing how you can still buy Execution Force, Betrayal at Calth, and Renegade. I think they learned their lesson from limited releases of Space Hulk and seeing the secondary market for the game.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I also don't see it being as popular as the other games, so you might be safe there.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Decorus posted:

I would never pass up a chance to deploy fourteen Chimeras.

Does the tournament have kill point missions? I don't think fourteen Chimeras can win a kill point mission.

Tabling the enemy is an automatic win :getin:

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
Isxpost from painting thread...

Is there a modelling thread?

Pinning clinic over here. There's 8 in Mr cartwheel, only should have been six, but I snapped the ball joint off the torso like an rear end trying to adjust his angle.

Two between the hand and the base, two to straighten each arm, and two between the ball joint and the torso.

Just one in each knee for Cam Kneely.

Brewsuke
Jan 8, 2014
I've only got one question for GW:

why would you advertise this

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Just got home from Bugeater. Went 5-1, only losing to my teammate's scarab farm game 5. My teammates were playing for top table. We took home Best Club because we were 3 out of the top 8. Warthogs 4 lyfe.

I played scatbikes, FW wraithknight and riptide wing. I borrowed every model and only played one practice game before we left. #AllListNoSkill #PointAndClick

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Brewsuke posted:

I've only got one question for GW:

why would you advertise this

If three land raiders and some orks in battlewagons are "game breakers" in-house at GW they're really playing a different game from everyone else.

Six demolishers is nasty as poo poo, though. Now there's a friend loser.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Rulebook Heavily posted:

If three land raiders and some orks in battlewagons are "game breakers" in-house at GW they're really playing a different game from everyone else.

Six demolishers is nasty as poo poo, though. Now there's a friend loser.

except killing vehicles in squadrons is insanely easy :( the only way to run those linebreakers would be 3 squads of 2 each (do they even come in squadrons?) and since damage transfers from vehicle to vehicle, a few good hits on one can wreck your day. Ask me about trying an imperial guard tank force vs just about anything with decent anti tank.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Squads of 3 can fire apocalyptic blasts.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Rather than Bugeater, I went to Waaaghfest. Got 58 people, which isn't too shabby for a bar tournament. Though being only 3 rounds with that many people, it resulted in me being one of several people to go 3 - 0. So it all came down to battle points, which I missed out on a few of here and there. I managed to take 3rd overall, which is my best showing at an event that sized. So very happy with that. One of Naramyth's bros took best general. I was using my rat army, which was space marines, culexus and a war convocation. All skaven, all the time.

The missions were all themed off of Mad Max Fury Road. Mission 1, everyone got a pint glass on a truck and had to drive it off the opponents table edge. Also got points for getting a model deployed in your deployment zone off of your opponents table edge. At one point during the match, they called out that a sandstorm hit and when they did that, no matter where you were in your game, all models immediately got a +2 to their cover saves that could not be negated in any way. My opponent blew up my rig. No points there, but got the rest.

Mission 2 took place in the swamplands. The entire board was considered difficult terrain, and at the beginning of your turn you picked an enemy infantry unit and rolled a die for each model in the unit. On a 5+ they took a wound. (armor allowed.) It was a basic objectives mission for primary. The secondary mission gimmick is that each army had a traitor. You and your opponent had to trade the least expensive unit in your armies and use them as part of your own. Some people had to give up Mucolid Spores. Some people gave up free rhinos from demi-companies. One guy though, had to give up one of the 5 knights he brought. Points for killing the traitor, and points for keeping your opponents traitor alive. Tabled my opponent, but she managed to kill her traitor, so I lost those points.

Mission 3 had the brew pub in the middle. All boards had a ruins at the center. You got points for controlling it. Points for making a charge that has the charge that involves moving through it at all. And slaying Joe (their warlord.) Tabled my opponent on the top of 3 in this one. During this mission, a bird flew into the game room. Chaos ensued.

At the start of the tournament you were giving a punch card. At any point you could yell out "WITNESS ME!" and a judge would come over, spray silver on your mouth (it was some kind of non-toxic stuff), and punch your card for one of 4 effects. You only got each effect once for the tournament. You could use them immediately at any point. They were:
1. Move a unit 6 inches. This does not effect shooting or ability to charge in any way.
2. One unit immediately makes a stomp attack.
3. One unit may reroll all failed saves.
4. One unit may treat their armor saves as invulnerable saves.

A total blast, and already can't wait until next year.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Master Twig posted:

At the start of the tournament you were giving a punch card. At any point you could yell out "WITNESS ME!" and a judge would come over, spray silver on your mouth (it was some kind of non-toxic stuff), and punch your card for one of 4 effects. You only got each effect once for the tournament. You could use them immediately at any point. They were:
1. Move a unit 6 inches. This does not effect shooting or ability to charge in any way.

This is rad as gently caress

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Master Twig posted:

the start of the tournament you were giving a punch card. At any point you could yell out "WITNESS ME!" and a judge would come over, spray silver on your mouth (it was some kind of non-toxic stuff), and punch your card for one of 4 effects. You only got each effect once for the tournament. You could use them immediately at any point. They were:

Holy poo poo, that's awesome. How often did people do this?

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

SRM posted:

And was everyone else at the tournament obliged to make the sign of the V8 over their heads when someone called for a witness?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Master Twig posted:

:perfect:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

Ilor posted:

And was everyone else at the tournament obliged to make the sign of the V8 over their heads when someone called for a witness?

SRM posted:

People were doing it all tournament. When someone did it, there were always people at other tables that would respond with their own "WITNESS!", and many did the V8 sign.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Eldar and Dark Eldar Start Collecting! boxes this week.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

This is rad as gently caress

Yes, but also almost exactly the same as 'if, in the hero phase, you pretend to ride an imaginary horse...'

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

HardCoil posted:

Yes, but also almost exactly the same as 'if, in the hero phase, you pretend to ride an imaginary horse...'

Closer to, "...you actually crack a 14ft bullwhip."

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

quote:

- Start Collecting Eldar (3 Jetbikes, 1 Farseer on Bike, 1 Fireprism)
Good grief, they are not even trying to hide are they?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Dark Eldar box sounds pretty reasonable. An archon, ten warriors, a raider, and three reavers. That's actually the start of an army. Weird.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

HardCoil posted:

The big difference is that it was a gimmick in a narrative bar tournament and not a core rule of a game meant for competitive play. It was rad.

Oddly enough, I never used it, nor did any of my opponents while they were playing against me.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Gonna copy all that and tell my group we have to do the same thing!

I bet the silver spray was cake spray...gonna have to find some.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Safety Factor posted:

The Dark Eldar box sounds pretty reasonable. An archon, ten warriors, a raider, and three reavers. That's actually the start of an army. Weird.

I was genuinely expecting it to be Wyches.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Master Twig posted:

The big difference is that it was a gimmick in a narrative bar tournament and not a core rule of a game meant for competitive play. It was rad.

Absolutely sounds like it. Dumb things can be awesome if you just do it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Dawn of war 3 is looking pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1mGyQiaPWc

But drat this guy doesnt know much bout WH40k

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 13, 2016

• Locked thread