Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Zephyrine posted:

The incredibly dumb Titan loss was just the final drop for a recruit who was already hanging loose. It was not the sole reason. I would even say that it wasn't even the primary reason. Just the last drop.

You sure seem to know a lot of the alliance you arent in. If xolve and endie both say they dont know rkk policy all that well, why do you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

burgeoning bitter bitches who were in eg enclave

slightly ironic response

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real

Zephyrine posted:

If snark was gold...

I wonder if that is what causes the crazy posting in you. I would recommend the grape drank flavor or fruit punch personal favorites. Also grab a good cheeseburger with garlic french fries and some corn on the cob with butter.

Ok that's it im going shopping after work.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Xolve posted:

And sure GSF doesn't boot people from the corp for doing stupid things like renaming stations, posting dissent, or withdrawing capitals early- and you certainly wouldn't regulate a FC that jumps instead of bridges to frigates and cruisers either, right? :nallears:

Restricting the ability the comps someone can lead for strategic fleets because they stupidly get us involved in massive bloodbaths involving expensive coalition assets == booting someone because their dumb solo losses hurt our kb stats.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
People itt really care about who cares about killboards. Much more so than anyone actually cares about killboards.

So please, stop talking about it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

slightly ironic response

i was basically the only bitter one in EG and it wasnt at my old alliance, just at the game :colbert:

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

i was basically the only bitter one in EG

Marine :cripes:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

is a worthless illiterate toad, and not worth mentioning

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

harlyq posted:

I wonder if that is what causes the crazy posting in you. I would recommend the grape drank flavor or fruit punch personal favorites. Also grab a good cheeseburger with garlic french fries and some corn on the cob with butter.

Ok that's it im going shopping after work.

!harlyq

!harlyq

!harlyq

I'm so hungry!!

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

Maneck posted:

People itt really care about who cares about killboards. Much more so than anyone actually cares about killboards.

So please, stop talking about it.

Down vote the posts talking about it

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Asking politely will have to do.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

is a worthless illiterate toad, and not worth mentioning

I maintain that Marine's "black chasm of anti-fun" approach to FCing did as much to kill EG as did Vee burning out.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Zephyrine posted:

Give an example then.

Literally everything you said about theta.

It's becoming more clear that the only thing you seemed informed about is the membership of a scandanavian neo-nazi forum.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Restricting the ability the comps someone can lead for strategic fleets because they stupidly get us involved in massive bloodbaths involving expensive coalition assets == booting someone because their dumb solo losses hurt our kb stats.

Except this isn't something we actually do- most people either leave immediately following because they are embarrassed (IntakiGuy), can't handle the trolling (dude who lost a Erebus smartbombing the Ossogur gate to FW nerds), or some other dumb reason other than "you failed your trial". We had a dude get sholupen'd last month, he's still in PL (even if 20 people told him buying a Titan in Aridia was probably not smart) and Casper34 who loses AT ships getting ~Elite Solo PvP~ video footage is still in PL. Quite a few people lose expensive things on the daily just to see how much poo poo they can crash into, and how much of that poo poo they can eradicate before they explode.

That being said, IronFear wasn't kicked, he left on his own accord, pinged a RKK director and said he was quitting the game. The only things that will get you kicked from PL are Leaking, being inactive, doing things stupid enough to put a ridiculous number of assets at risk (i.e. Revenant soundcloud) or engaging in suspicious activity during AT season.

Zephyrine posted:

The incredibly dumb Titan loss was just the final drop for a recruit who was already hanging loose. It was not the sole reason. I would even say that it wasn't even the primary reason. Just the last drop.

I appreciate your all or nothing approach to defending the Legion, but you really have no idea what you're talking about- and I'm cordially inviting you to stop this nonsense.

Dude was in PL for 4 whole days- he hadn't actually done anything aside from posting literally the worst app I've ever seen before losing a titan to Project.Mayhem of all people.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jun 13, 2016

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Xolve posted:

I appreciate your all or nothing approach to defending the Legion, but you really have no idea what you're talking about- and I'm cordially inviting you to stop this nonsense.

I'm new to the game and the thread and all my general impressions have been formed from what I've read here, but I'm glad to see my internal tagging of Zephryna as "...someone that you really don't want to have on your side in an argument" was accurate.

e: Also, EVE drama is fun and we need more of it.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I got a Titan aridia'd after being away from the game when the jump changes came in (Amamake to delve) and the only thing that happened was I lost my Titan and there is a single person on pl.pl that is obsessed about it to this day (over a year later)

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Massasoit posted:

I got a Titan aridia'd after being away from the game when the jump changes came in (Amamake to delve) and the only thing that happened was I lost my Titan and there is a single person on pl.pl that is obsessed about it to this day (over a year later)

i assume people also bring it up on IRC at times to troll you

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Just the one guy

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
lucky you

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Endie posted:

I can't speak for RKK - something I am fiercely proud of - but I wouldn't ask someone to drop corp for having lots of expensive losses: I'd be content that they were active. If they were losing lots of ships because they were actively bad at Eve then sure, that would be different: after a series of callouts along the lines of "endie why did your boy forget to turn on his hardeners/jump when told to hold/speak in wh local/whatever?" I'd certainly suggest that maybe horde for a while would be better.

The rkk shitshow was brilliant timing after their "captain homeless" guy tried to make drama in kismeteer's thread. As to the stuff from a couple of pages ago, I suspect that kismeteer joined us mainly because we have a burgeoning EG enclave here and it's good to play with people you know, I guess?

There was also a bit of deeper irony of an RKK member calling out someone specifically for joining the winning team. As soon as IronFear happened it was a good time for all involved that's for sure.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Deofuta posted:

There was also a bit of deeper irony of an RKK member calling out someone specifically for joining the winning team. As soon as IronFear happened it was a good time for all involved that's for sure.

Everyone had been rubbernecking the thread a few days before the incident, so when the loss happened it was just icing on the cake.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

moolchaba posted:

!harlyq

!harlyq

!harlyq

I'm so hungry!!

!panicus

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
!roulette is the best

or the worst

it's pretty much a roll of the dice as to what you're going to get

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fix Lag posted:

!roulette is the best

or the worst

it's pretty much a roll of the dice as to what you're going to get

Or a turn of the roulette wheel

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

That Works posted:

no that's the one where you try to pull blocks out of the tower without it collapsing

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

That Works posted:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Fix Lag posted:

no that's the one where you try to pull blocks out of the tower without it collapsing

Jenga?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

9/11

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

That Works posted:

Literally everything you said about theta.

I was mainly wrong about theta. Not lying. It was a bad time for me and I lashed out when they didn’t deserve it

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
Are we actually putting people on trial ITT?

I'd love to see a voir dire of EVE players...

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Helicon One posted:

I maintain that Marine's "black chasm of anti-fun" approach to FCing did as much to kill EG as did Vee burning out.

So is EG actually properly dead then? I reapplied when I resubbed but I guess nobody looks at that poo poo anymore/remembers wtf I am from ye olde dayes or w/e

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

I was mainly wrong about theta. Not lying. It was a bad time for me and I lashed out when they didn’t deserve it

so what about everything else you've posted

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Massasoit posted:

Making fun of Ghitza about his Titan was much more fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Is4UC6PBEg

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Vando posted:

So is EG actually properly dead then? I reapplied when I resubbed but I guess nobody looks at that poo poo anymore/remembers wtf I am from ye olde dayes or w/e

2013-14 EG was my best times in EVE. Then I got flushed in one of Domis random purges despite always flying a perfect logi on every fleet :negative:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

so what about everything else you've posted

Boosters
Doovde killing a blue jf on purpouse

I'm sure I've been wrong other times too.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Baculus posted:

Are we actually putting people on trial ITT?

I'd love to see a voir dire of EVE players...

please don't remind me of jury duty

Pretty rad dad pad
Oct 13, 2003

People who try to pretend they're superior make it so much harder for those of us who really are. Philistines!

Helicon One posted:

That poo poo was especially grating because on top of getting to enjoy listening to him put all his breath into complaining about how terrible it was that noone wanted to do stuff with him (right up until we got wherever we were going, at which point the tune changed to, I dunno, how betrayed he felt by the 20 or so people who were willing to put up with this for the sake of giving him a shot or something, my brain was pretty much fried by then), we got to spend the pauses while he reinflated being whined at by the "ugh loving disgusting pubbies I HATE them" brigade, who were probably the nail in the coffin for me - just utterly contemptible, poisonous people and clearly blind to irony.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Play with people you enjoy the company of. Don't play with people you can't stand. All else will follow. :)

BTW, if someone wants a firesale Phoenix, I threw one up on Saranen with fuel and travel fit. Please help me afford more skins (and T2 HAWs for my Revelation) :(

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ullerrm posted:

BTW, if someone wants a firesale Phoenix, I threw one up on Saranen with fuel and travel fit. Please help me afford more skins (and T2 HAWs for my Revelation) :(

why do you own the two worst dreads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

why do you own the two worst dreads?

Doing my Ben Booley impersonation, obviously. (I got them cheap. Plus, the Phoenix's ability to soak a DD or two has saved me more than once.)

The Revelation may be garbage for anticapital work, but Scorch XL + HAWs are amazing for blapping subs -- you're basically a fat NOmen with a 100km optimal -- so I'm keeping it for that. Naglfar, even after it gets the third turret, will still probably be best general-purpose dread. So, both my dread-capable characters are keeping one Nag and one Rev each, selling the rest.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 13, 2016

• Locked thread