Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Gyra_Solune posted:

we care about california because there should not be so much ridiculous nonsense bullshit getting in the way of voting in a country that constantly touts its democracy on the world stage and has spent literally its entire history justifying its major global actions as being in the name of that very democracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Boomstick Quaid posted:

http://politicsbreaking.com/sanders-campaign-prepares-run-independent/

This is absolutely not a great reliable source but this link indicates that Bernie is fielding an independent run

I should toxx for Trump

empireofcrime
Nov 3, 2015

The crimes of this guilty land can never be purged away but with blood.

Error 404 posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the 45th president of the united loving states
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/449525268529815552

I see Trump has a more subtle way of reducing wealth inequality. If we can scare people away from vaccinations, that combined with the increasing prevalence of superbugs will kill off enough poors that we won't even need to worry about economic issues. Pragmatic progressivism in action.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump accepting congratulations for predicting muslim terror lol

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Nonsense posted:

You're making GBS threads me.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Cephalocidal posted:

You're making GBS threads me.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/742034549232766976

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Appreciate the congrats, I don't want the congrats

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Despera posted:

Appreciate the congrats, I don't want the congrats

I don't want your empty praise, tell me how great I am

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

YOU A loving HAT posted:

I don't want your empty praise, tell me how great I am

In Modern Hebrew we use the phrase "די, תמשיך", literally "enough already, keep going".

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Absurd Alhazred posted:

In Modern Hebrew we use the phrase "די, תמשיך", literally "enough already, keep going".

Takes a real presidential man to say "I really don't need the praise that literally, LITERALLY everyone is heaping me, you guys." it's the most elegant of humblebrags.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nonsense posted:

How conflicted is Ted Cruz right now? On one hand, Muslim terrorist. But on the other hand, shot up a gay bar. I imagine his brain is having trouble figuring out how to treat this.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Thoguh posted:

How conflicted is Ted Cruz right now? On one hand, Muslim terrorist. But on the other hand, shot up a gay bar. I imagine his brain is having trouble figuring out how to treat this.

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/742099451846615040

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Americans Trump Terror

American's Trump Terror

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

He's calling me gay isn't he

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Ted Cruz: hey these are OUR gays, go find your own to oppress!

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Apparently according to fb theres an event in Oklahoma called "Bernie sanders sings the best of Skrewdriver"

Fb page is funny until they unironic skrewdriver fans start posting :smith:

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thoguh posted:

This is a good point. If a muslim kills a gay, is he still doing gods work?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
did anyone check to make sure lil marco was safe

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Al! posted:

did anyone check to make sure lil marco was safe

https://twitter.com/studentactivism/status/742006340499935232

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
https://twitter.com/berniethoughts/status/742159166819737601

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Thoguh posted:

I was actually srsly pondering this, from the viewpoint of some bigoted middle America dipstick. Some of them have gotta be thinking, "serves dem queers right fer bein queeeeeeer!" otoh they then have to think, "ah poo poo, am I supporting the actions of a TERRIST??" in the end i think they'll justify it as a stopped clock being right twice a day. And this country will continue to spiral into a dumpster fire.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

YOU A loving HAT posted:

I was actually srsly pondering this, from the viewpoint of some bigoted middle America dipstick. Some of them have gotta be thinking, "serves dem queers right fer bein queeeeeeer!" otoh they then have to think, "ah poo poo, am I supporting the actions of a TERRIST??" in the end i think they'll justify it as a stopped clock being right twice a day. And this country will continue to spiral into a dumpster fire.

They'll just send thoughts and prayers to the family and refuse to acknowledge anything that has anything to do with the LGBT aspects of the shooting

source: how every religious person I'm aware of and every conservative politician (except Glenn Beck lmao) reacted today

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Boomstick Quaid posted:

He's calling me gay isn't he

Lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I'll pray for their souls which are by definition burning in a lake of fire forever and ever being tortured by demons

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

I'll pray for their souls which are by definition burning in a lake of fire forever and ever being tortured by demons

Hell just got a lot gayer

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Epic High Five posted:

They'll just send thoughts and prayers to the family and refuse to acknowledge anything that has anything to do with the LGBT aspects of the shooting

source: how every religious person I'm aware of and every conservative politician (except Glenn Beck lmao) reacted today

well yeah, OUT LOUD. I meant how do they justify it to themselves.

*sadly shakes head* Such are the wages of their sinful lifestyle. At least those darn mooslims didn't attack a good God-fearing church or wholesome straight bar! *bakes a cake and decorates it like a flag in order to feel safer from the terrrrrists in Rural Bumbleton, Kansas*

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

albany academy posted:

Apparently according to fb theres an event in Oklahoma called "Bernie sanders sings the best of Skrewdriver"

Fb page is funny until they unironic skrewdriver fans start posting :smith:

can't be worse than dave matthew's band

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
I'm seriously pretty :smith: about last night.

I still don't understand getting angry about terrorist attacks. Too sad to be angry.

blood simple
Apr 10, 2010
funny man talk fraud lawsuit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecHE2o9PlhM

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
all these politicos need to stop grandstanding over my city and loving do something.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

NumberLast posted:

I'm seriously pretty :smith: about last night.

I still don't understand getting angry about terrorist attacks. Too sad to be angry.

it's loving horrible. I get mad because it's the kind of useless anger like, "Why couldn't we stop this? somebody should have stopped this." But the reality is no one could really know it would happen.

Also i get mad because I haven't checked the news yet but I'm sure many, many assholes will try to use the pointless deaths of 50 people to justify their political beliefs and segue into their favorite talking points. Always happens, always horrible.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

YOU A loving HAT posted:

it's loving horrible. I get mad because it's the kind of useless anger like, "Why couldn't we stop this? somebody should have stopped this." But the reality is no one could really know it would happen.

Also i get mad because I haven't checked the news yet but I'm sure many, many assholes will try to use the pointless deaths of 50 people to justify their political beliefs and segue into their favorite talking points. Always happens, always horrible.

Eh getting 10 brajillion phone calls and texts from old friends that i used to do the club thing with was pretty disconcerting. And then loving Pam Bondi et al talking like people havent done everything and anything to isolate and undermine the LGBT community here.

"Our hearts are with you"

:fuckoff:

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.
Wow, that attack was brutal. Just shows that it can happen literally anywhere - just needs a broken mind and a little terrorist influence.
Relatives of the shooter said he wasn't religious, but harbored 'antipathy' against gays. So an easy target for any islamic terrorist organisation. Only answer would be to screen literally any person in the country and snoop on their communications.

Also, gently caress Trump for his self-reightous 'TOLD YOU SO'. What a huge idiot rear end in a top hat he is.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ANGRYGREEK posted:

Wow, that attack was brutal. Just shows that it can happen literally anywhere - just needs a broken mind and a little terrorist influence.
Relatives of the shooter said he wasn't religious, but harbored 'antipathy' against gays. So an easy target for any islamic terrorist organisation. Only answer would be to screen literally any person in the country and snoop on their communications.

Also, gently caress Trump for his self-reightous 'TOLD YOU SO'. What a huge idiot rear end in a top hat he is.

Not to drag this up no doubt for the billionth time, but perhaps some form of gun control in the state of FL other than "use both hands" might help.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

ANGRYGREEK posted:

Interviews also revealed he hated black people, jews and women. This guy was just a bigoted piece of poo poo and looking to claim affiliation with whatever group hated the most people. Trumps I told you so is bs because this wasnt about being muslim, or even being in ISIS, which he wasn't to best of anyone's knowledge. If this guy had been white, he'd be shooting up clubs in the name of the Klan. It just makes me sick.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

SneakyFrog posted:

Not to drag this up no doubt for the billionth time, but perhaps some form of gun control in the state of FL other than "use both hands" might help.

You just know someone's gonna come back with "well if one of them GAYS had been carrying a GUN, this wouldn't have happened!"

Which, no, it still would.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If the right had any self awareness they'd see themselves in his bigotry.

The broadside attacks on Islam are expected and prejudiced. But a real problem for our political discourse is that there's a lot of well-financed toxic poo poo and murderous homophobia pouring out of the Gulf region and the U.S. govt is entangled in it. Muslim progressives will outright point to it and say: there's your problem, and it's causing a lot of issues in our community. But this point isn't being made clear, so it's allowing demagogic voices like Donald Trump an opening.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

YOU A loving HAT posted:

You just know someone's gonna come back with "well if one of them GAYS had been carrying a GUN, this wouldn't have happened!"

Which, no, it still would.

Yeah :smith: hell I own guns, but the mythical good guy with a gun is such an overblown trope. Yeah like i want to be a big goddamn hero by engaging an armed assailant when the police are just looking for "guy with gun" and will drop you quick as poo poo.

Just really frustrated. Yes lets focus on isis. Instead of the man who needed mental health care, and was able to buy and bring an assault weapon into a night club i have been to several times.

yup isis is the only problem here.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB7IAXrCkO8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

SneakyFrog posted:

Yeah :smith: hell I own guns, but the mythical good guy with a gun is such an overblown trope. Yeah like i want to be a big goddamn hero by engaging an armed assailant when the police are just looking for "guy with gun" and will drop you quick as poo poo.

Just really frustrated. Yes lets focus on isis. Instead of the man who needed mental health care, and was able to buy and bring an assault weapon into a night club i have been to several times.

yup isis is the only problem here.

:rolleyes:

this kind of response is a good example of why the left is being eviscerated in europe.

• Locked thread