Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Musou really is the perfect game type for Berserk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm going to read Berserk.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
April 1st 1994 my dad who hated video games told me he bought me a Commander Keen game ... I thought I was being pranked and I asked him which one and he told me it was the one where you fight giant vegetables and at that point I KNEW he was full of poo poo but it turned out the old man was right :unsmith: Commander Keen feels

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Plot

After refusing to eat his vegetables, Billy is sent to bed by his parents. He falls asleep, only to awaken in a strange vegetable kingdom led by the evil potato king Boobus Tuber, who has imprisoned other sleeping children there. In the dream world, Keen does not have his trademark raygun and pogo stick, but has to defend himself with "Flower Power" seeds that temporarily turn enemies into flowers.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Its so awesome man.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Duke Nukem is found on Level 7, Episode 2 encased in a block of ice. The player can bomb the ice to release him, in which case he will give Cosmo a cheeseburger. He refuses to help Cosmo as he is on a mission (to save the galaxy), but tells Cosmo to watch out for his next game: Duke Nukem II. Duke's name is displayed as Duke Nukum.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

mabels big day posted:

good journey struggler

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm sitting in a hotel crying tears of happiness about berserk musou

im sitting in my moms basement jacking off from the trailer

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

mabels big day posted:

Goonspeed.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mabels big day posted:

watch the anime first IMO

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Berserk Musou is already confirmed as coming to the US and Europe btw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im glad doom has a demo of the first level because now i can confirm first hand that everyone in the world must be insane.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the glory kill stuff is so insanely bad and you have to do it because thats how the game was balanced and designed. so instead of being able to just loving pop dudes with an epic shotgun blast it just staggers them so you can hit the punch button. Simply awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The music kinda epic though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

im glad doom has a demo of the first level because now i can confirm first hand that everyone in the world must be insane.

i think ill be ok if i never play another new fps

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

the glory kill stuff is so insanely bad and you have to do it because thats how the game was balanced and designed. so instead of being able to just loving pop dudes with an epic shotgun blast it just staggers them so you can hit the punch button. Simply awesome.

i think people are just starved for a real FPS

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Everyone I talked to who played it says the first level is the worst thing in the game so I thought it was really funny when they announced that demo.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

its a fun game where you run around and shoot demons while the music goes crazy. i dont know how you had such a bad time that it seems like torture

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im playing the demo and its pretty fun lol. the melee stuff is incredibly dumb but running around shooting stuff feels good, and the game looks very sharp

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

60 dollars though? lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm gonna play the demo later

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm going to play the demo later as well. The bloodstained demo that is.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You can turn off the melee highlight and by the end of the game you don't really need to rip and tear anymore.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/742021652855164928

Geoff and Hideo are going to save Metal Gear Solid.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

its a fun game where you run around and shoot demons while the music goes crazy. i dont know how you had such a bad time that it seems like torture

I just wish it was better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Microsoft in an hour. hoping for some sick scalebound deets

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The glory kill stuff should have been way less of a part of the game that it ends up being (at least early on) but even with 4 out of 5 enemies being locked into little arenas, it's still way way faster and more frantic than any single player FPS I can think of released in the last decade.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I just wish it was better.

idk, it's not abysmal. theres cutscenes but they keep them very short, the melee kills usually dont even last a second (requiring them for drops is asinine tho), just from the demo i'd give it a B+.

i mean, they couldve done a lot worse lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah but reading reactions to it people hailed it as the second coming of Jesus Christ. The speed and movement is cool but the fact that there's like skill trees and weapon upgrades and lots of little things that I just don't like in most games turns me off to it. I might play it when it's cheaper though, the speed was nice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did the same thing with The new wolfenstein and I enjoyed that for like 10 dollars but the new Doom does seem better than that game at least.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I was expecting it to be crap so that kind of skews my opinion. I do enjoy it a lot, but it's very mechanically different from the old Doom games. It won't have a cult following of its own decades later like those, either.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the weapon "progression" seems to be literally unlocking UT-style altfires for guns and i have no problem with that lol. but yeah 60 dollars for some dozen hour SP campaign is ludicrous regardless of quality

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I hope the new Crackdown is good

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

the weapon "progression" seems to be literally unlocking UT-style altfires for guns and i have no problem with that lol. but yeah 60 dollars for some dozen hour SP campaign is ludicrous regardless of quality

i traded Overwatch for it so it basically felt like the ultimate steal, lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

[that Twitter meme with the upgrade button]

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002