Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Making seseme street muppets into dumb snark memes annoys me almost as much as the people who alter the "i hate thing!" angel descending comic in :ironicat: self-owning ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Psychodin
Jun 16, 2007
Lord of the fools

:dukedog:
College Slice

Immolat1on posted:

I read that the confrontation happened outside the club. They exchanged fire and then the shooter went into the club and started executing people. Assuming the off-duty cop didn't enter because trying to snipe the guy in a crowded dark club would probably not go well.

Side note: why is everyone obsessed with getting Obama to call the guy a radical islamic terrorist? Is using a different terminology going to make the bad men go away? Do people not realize the US is doing more air strikes than any other country against ISIS? I know it's stupid and there's no reason but I'm genuinely curious why people have such an issue with Democrats specifically refusing to chalk it up to Islam. Normally I can roll my eyes at some of the dumb poo poo Trump/Republican supporters say about Islam, but suppose Obama said "yea, ok, radical islamic terrorism, whatever the gently caress you want" do they really think anything would change?

Because they want to be able to to ban people of a certain religion from entering the country despite a certain document that defends their gun rights as well, somehow.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

:eyepop:

related: https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/48ia89/i_am_milo_yiannopoulos_and_donald_trump_is_my/

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Isn't that a TFR goon in the picture?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

This really pisses me off more than it should. gently caress off, Milo. Absolutely useless prick.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
People want to blame it on a terrorist angle because it wasn't a white dude shooting up a place like every other time. If it was it would be mental illness/don't you dare take away our guns. The fact that it was a gay nightclub might make some people feel uncomfortable considering that they were talking about beating up trans people a month back, but that would take a certain level of self awareness.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
It's kind of weird the only place I can see on this site where people are talking about the Orlando shooting sincerely is in the IoSM thread because the GBS thread is a bunch of people trying to out-snark each other about gun control and other topics they can be edgy on even if they're tangentially related to the shooting.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Wrong thread

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

BJPaskoff posted:

It's kind of weird the only place I can see on this site where people are talking about the Orlando shooting sincerely is in the IoSM thread because the GBS thread is a bunch of people trying to out-snark each other about gun control and other topics they can be edgy on even if they're tangentially related to the shooting.

:stare:

Kilmers Elbow posted:

I've just watched an interview with his ex-wife.

She's pretty hot.

So there is a silver lining.

Decebal posted:

Is there any law that stops the government from bugging every mosque in America? If there are any laws that pose a barrier to this we should circumvent them somehow. Most just talk about religious stuff anyway so it shouldn't matter, but maybe some of them...

:stare::stare::stonk:

I had forgotten why I'd stopped reading GBS

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

This loving referendum. :negative:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Jesus Christ, from outright lies to capitalising on a tragedy, the Leave EU people sure a buncha really swell folks.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

BJPaskoff posted:

Check the E/N fabgoons thread and the DnD Quiltbag thread

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I'm surprised they wouldn't just use the Bataclan incident which was much worse(i.e. had a higher death toll)
I guess pick at it while it's fresh

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Postal Parcel posted:

I'm surprised they wouldn't just use the Bataclan incident which was much worse(i.e. had a higher death toll)
I guess pick at it while it's fresh

I hate that right wing shitlords are already appropriating it while still giving zero fucks about the LGBT community.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
So sick of

"Taxation is theft."

"What kind of taxation?"

"All of it"

"So you'd rather not have the federal, state, and local taxes that built and continue to support the infrastructure necessary for you to post anti-taxation memes on Facebook then? You gonna take time out of your busy day of ranting online to load up your garbage and drive it to a ravine somewhere because there are no taxes to support a waste management system? It'll suck trying to take a shower afterwards when you realize that the 'plumber' you hired was a con artist and there are no regulatory bodies or other authorities to report him to. Oh and also there wouldn't be any clean water anyway because municipal water treatment and delivery is funded by taxes."

"Look I dont have time to argue you're every little point, all taxation is theft. unfriend me if u want but Im just telling the truth and you dont want to see it. Wake up"

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

So sick of

"Taxation is theft."

"What kind of taxation?"

"All of it"

"So you'd rather not have the federal, state, and local taxes that built and continue to support the infrastructure necessary for you to post anti-taxation memes on Facebook then? You gonna take time out of your busy day of ranting online to load up your garbage and drive it to a ravine somewhere because there are no taxes to support a waste management system? It'll suck trying to take a shower afterwards when you realize that the 'plumber' you hired was a con artist and there are no regulatory bodies or other authorities to report him to. Oh and also there wouldn't be any clean water anyway because municipal water treatment and delivery is funded by taxes."

"Look I dont have time to argue you're every little point, all taxation is theft. unfriend me if u want but Im just telling the truth and you dont want to see it. Wake up"

well the same goes in the other direction, morons who think that all super rich people robbed and stole their way to fortune

the super rich are not thieves, they are parasites! :eng101:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
"Can't I have an opinion anymore? Oh wait, not in NOBAMA'S AMERICA"

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
A little light-hearted IoSM for the thread.

EDIT:

RFC2324 posted:

I'm late but:

Does a glass of water cure a poison womb?

Only if you drink it in the morning.

Hardcordion has a new favorite as of 16:12 on Jun 13, 2016

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Who cares? They would have just died from diseases anyway. Probably AIDS/HIV. This was a good thing. 50 homos dead. Less homosexuals to foul up the earth.
More hate for those that thrive on it.

RFC2324 posted:

I'm late but:

Does a glass of water cure a poison womb?
Hmmmm. Let's take a look!

Alas, those were the closest I could find. I draw your attention to the last one in particular.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Christo posted:

Disappointed it didn't spurt out in a tall fountain.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

So sick of

"Taxation is theft."

"What kind of taxation?"

"All of it"

Their magical "Get Out Of Argument Free" card is "Let the free market handle it"

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Christo posted:

I mean at least he knows when he has hosed up.

I was really hoping to see "Itchy Eyes"

That would be great

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Christo posted:

In this sea of terrible people appropriating a terrible event to spout their terrible opinions, this made me laugh without also making me sad. So thanks for that.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Maybe I'M the idiot here but how did he come to that conclusion? He digs down along a pole he had in his yard, found porous rock and immediately assumed it was oil? Someone please show me what I'm missing.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I live in central florida, just outside of Orlando so I've been having a back and forth with my feelings while reading my facebook feed. A lot of wonderful solidarity and people helping out and making sure each other are okay, and then that one same person already posting goddamn image macros about gun control. The one who any other day would be making "smh godless people being gay" posts.

I can't think of an appropriate smilie for this. Just that I've named the screenshot "fuckoffoffoffoffoff.png"

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Just an interesting thought for people inspired to help change the world for the better.

80% of the worlds population lives within reach of cellular towers.

Cellphone use is surging in developing 3rd world nations.

It's more likely today for poor individuals in 3rd world countries to own a cellphone than ever before in the past.

Bitcoin is 100% transferrable via cellphone with almost 0 fees meaning micro loans to promote small scale markets can be used to help develop economies that are otherwise lacking and provide relief without the overhead that comes from charitable organizations.

As an example, you could send Don Pablo Poor Guy $1.00 instantly with a $0.001 fee.

Rather than send $1.00 to Christian Childrens Fund and them give Don Pablo $0.10.

Alternatively if altruism isn't your thing. You could have Don Pablo knit you a hat from goat hair and buy it from him for $12.00 or whatever.

Just a point worth mentioning the potential cryptocurrencies have on the 3rd world.

Here you have a bitcoiner who realizes that poor people can own a cell phone talking about innovative new ways to help people without advocating for the destruction of government. It's like a unicorn.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

And the Nazis used what to persuade people to enter gas chambers? Licorice?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ularg posted:

I live in central florida, just outside of Orlando so I've been having a back and forth with my feelings while reading my facebook feed. A lot of wonderful solidarity and people helping out and making sure each other are okay, and then that one same person already posting goddamn image macros about gun control. The one who any other day would be making "smh godless people being gay" posts.

I can't think of an appropriate smilie for this. Just that I've named the screenshot "fuckoffoffoffoffoff.png"

I saw this one earlier, too, and I'm pretty sure legislation came from each and every one of those things. You're not allowed to take a box cutter on a plane, using biological weapons is considered a war crime, and I'm, like, 90% sure transactions involving volatile bomb-making stuff is now very heavily monitored.

Also, as far as "Godless" is concerned, weren't every one of those examples at least somewhat religiously motivated?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Most Irish people loathe plastic paddies tbh

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Gridlocked posted:

I mean at least he knows when he has hosed up.

I was really hoping to see "Itchy Eyes"

That would be great

Hey, it might work. Try it out and report back.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

EmmyOk posted:

Most Irish people loathe plastic paddies tbh

Plus those are child coal miners in West Virginia in the turn of the 20th century, photographed by Lewis Hine. They were probably of Welsh descent, but even if they were of Irish descent, they were no more slaves than any other industrial child laborer of the 1910s.

ETA: googled the image - man, these Irish slave memes really love Lewis Hine pictures, even though he didn't have any particular interest in the Irish (you can see his entire collection here). He didn't record ethnicity most of the time, except to note recent immigrants.

Bonster has a new favorite as of 17:59 on Jun 13, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bonster posted:

Plus those are child coal miners in West Virginia in the turn of the 20th century, photographed by Lewis Hine. They were probably of Welsh descent, but even if they were of Irish descent, they were no more slaves than any other industrial child laborer of the 1910s.

Nice, I never knew that! I'll have that fact in the back pocket in future.

As always this is the reminder post that Irish people and black people really can't be compared in any meaningful or fair way with respect to their history in America.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Alas, those were the closest I could find. I draw your attention to the last one in particular.

Aftershave? Yeah, I guess if you want to smell like a fraternity beer tap that hasn't been cleaned in a decade, then go for it.

Ew.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

"cleanse your body and kidneys"

I'm amused by the one wildly vague entry that always shows up on these things.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Found the picture.

Pennsylvania, not West Virginia. No mention of being Irish.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bonster posted:

Found the picture.

Pennsylvania, not West Virginia. No mention of being Irish.

These are really cool! If they were Irish at least one of them would be giving two fingers at his waist and :smuggo:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

The Irish-American community is literally the worst. They spend most of the nineteenth and twentieth century stepping on the backs of black people and the European Irish community, and now they want to claim kinship with the people they disavowed years ago?

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

TinTower posted:

The Irish-American community is literally the worst. They spend most of the nineteenth and twentieth century stepping on the backs of black people and the European Irish community, and now they want to claim kinship with the people they disavowed years ago?

No, they want to smugly claim victory in the Oppression Olympics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Hey now I've heard my actually-irish mum come out with that poo poo about black people and the Irish before so its not just the irish - Americans!!!

Also my mum is hella racist.