Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Eve: "For weirdos only". A Sci-fi Visual Album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Ooh, waiting for this to reappear - External graphics card for Macbook (Cancelled due to private investor, allegedly).

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Those already exist on the pc side

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
thunderbolt is explicitly designed to support that sort of thing

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

I think the kickstarter is referring to OS X not supporting eGPU and this team have some supar awesome driver that makes it work. They canned the kickstarter and it mentions on the updates they will launch mid-2016. idk but the matching website is DoA.

There have been a few articles on MacBooks with eGPUs but they have to use Bootcamp.

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 8, 2016

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/218272342/interstellar-pirates?ref=category_newest

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

what happened there, Interstellar Pirates looks more interesting.

:lol: no reward option gives the actual full game.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

MrMoo posted:

Eve: "For weirdos only". A Sci-fi Visual Album.

a couple thousand bucks for some dumb freakin art. Do You Even STEM, Bitch? Lomarf

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

GameCube posted:

a couple thousand bucks for some dumb freakin art. Do You Even STEM, Bitch? Lomarf

this but unironically

Underwear
May 13, 2006

MrMoo posted:

what happened there, Interstellar Pirates looks more interesting.

:lol: no reward option gives the actual full game.

First step of game design is to fully design the game box, complete with ratings and Unreal engine logo.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lelo-hex-the-world-s-first-re-engineered-condom#/

In black with blue hexes, please - I want a cyber cock.

evilcat
May 16, 2009

The marketing in that is going to draw suckers in like mad, what with their heavy implications they are using graphene (science!!) in it, with just the image outright saying "graphene inspired".

Also, $20 for a package where they're just taking condom molds and sticking a hex mesh of some super cheap fiber in and then shouting on about "graphene".
Is ingiegogo going to take over from offbeatr?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

that dudes gonna get his jeans in the chain

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

evilcat posted:

their heavy implications they are using graphene (science!!) in it
what are you talking about, they say "it wasn't the material of latex that needed to change, it was the structure" before any mention of graphene and repeat multiple times that it's latex formed in a specific structural pattern, and then at the end the first item in the faq after anonymous backing and discreet shipping is "no this condom is not made out of graphene, that's science fiction poo poo"

harping on graphene is stupid and nonsensical in itself because its molecular structure's compressive strength is completely unrelated to the tensile strength of the condom's macroscopic structure but that kind of "free-associative connection to science poo poo" marketing has been around since the age of patent medicines. it's not dumb because they're trying to trick people into thinking it's graphene, it's dumb because they're pretending that latex but with hexagons is similarly cutting-edge for having similar properties (they also try to tie in honeycombs too lol it's completely incoherent), but it's actually smart because that poo poo still works and they're about to scream past $100k with a month to go. people get fuckin college degrees to develop and apply that kind of cynicism.

in any case it looks like a good product that they'll have no trouble getting out the door. the actual comedy here is the charlie sheen endorsement.

ed: also it's all latex not "fiber"

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 15, 2016

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Snapchat A Titty posted:

dont kinkshame

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

what are you talking about, they say "it wasn't the material of latex that needed to change, it was the structure" before any mention of graphene and repeat multiple times that it's latex formed in a specific structural pattern, and then at the end the first item in the faq after anonymous backing and discreet shipping is "no this condom is not made out of graphene, that's science fiction poo poo"

harping on graphene is stupid and nonsensical in itself because its compressive strength is completely unrelated to the condom's tensile strength but that kind of "free-associative connection to science poo poo" marketing has been around since the age of patent medicines. it's not dumb because they're trying to trick people into thinking it's graphene, it's dumb because they're pretending that it's cutting-edge for having similar properties (they also try to tie in honeycombs too lol), but it's actually smart because that poo poo still works and they're about to scream past $100k with a month to go. people get fuckin college degrees to develop and apply that kind of cynicism.

in any case it looks like a good product that they'll have no trouble getting out the door. the actual comedy here is the charlie sheen endorsement.

the sheen endorsement significantly damages the brand, imo. it instantly limits the potential market

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
hasn't like every other company that tried to re-engineer the humble coundom gone out of business

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

anthonypants posted:

hasn't like every other company that tried to re-engineer the humble coundom gone out of business

it's almost as if untold centuries of loving has allowed humanity to develop an incredibly effective and cheap method of birth control that's difficult to dirsupt

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

anthonypants posted:

slate longread on condoms and the people that keep trying to improve on them. most depressing quote:

quote:

In spite of their niche popularity and excellent clinical trial results, the FDA challenged the acceptability of TheyFit condoms in December 2006, apparently having noticed—more than five years after clearing the condoms for sale—that some of the 55 sizes did not meet ASTM dimensional requirements. The smaller sizes, in particular, didn’t hold the requisite volume of air and water in the air-burst test and the water-leak test, because they were, well, smaller. Sadlo, who confirms Glickman’s account, was given 30 days to remove his condom from the market, and, after consulting with an attorney, complied. (“The FDA is unable to comment on why a manufacturer discontinued marketing a device,” the FDA spokesman told me when I tried to confirm Glickman and Sadlo’s story.)
the fda won't let people make small condoms because they are too small. imagine the nerve it takes to buy extra-small condoms and then to find out the government said to the guy making them, "SIR YOU CANNOT SELL CONDOMS THAT SMALL" and you could no longer buy them.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I've never hosed.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

quote:

You can experience full range private sound without wearing cumbersome and uncomfortable headphones.

Full range 150Hz - 20,000Hz frequency response.

:airquote: full range :airquote:

"full" "range"

quote:

The music (Coldplay) I am listening to is 12dB-15dB louder than everywhere else in the room. The sound is literally falling down on me and focused right at my ears.

So way way more audible to everyone else than music in headphones

jre fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 15, 2016

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Gobbeldygook posted:

the fda won't let people make small condoms because they are too small. imagine the nerve it takes to buy extra-small condoms and then to find out the government said to the guy making them, "SIR YOU CANNOT SELL CONDOMS THAT SMALL" and you could no longer buy them.

'Sorry about your small dick.' - A FDA Man, laughing.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

anthonypants posted:

animal intestines 4 lyf

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

lmao

They've cheated and started the response plot at 150Hz and its still looks loving awful

quote:

The audio quality reproduced by the Soundlazer VR is comparable to many high end speaker systems except that the sound does not fill the room. The video below shows the raw output from the Soundlazer VR without any equalization or post processing added. You can clearly see the audio spectrum starting out at around 150Hz and flattening out around 500Hz. The high frequencies begin to drop around 14kHz and fall off at around 20Khz which is well beyond most people's hearing. If we wanted add a bit of equalization, we could get a very nice, flat overall response. It's a matter of preference but we think the Soundlazer VR sounds great out of the box and this test proves it!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

jre posted:

lmao

They've cheated and started the response plot at 150Hz and its still looks loving awful

so is this a modification of that thing that was invented for trade shows so that all the booths wouldn't crowd each other with sound quite as much?

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Snapchat A Titty posted:

maybe he just uses the motor in the front wheel the whole time and never has to actually pedal?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Tanith posted:

maybe he just uses the motor in the front wheel the whole time and never has to actually pedal?

lmao thats pretty likely

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
a motor on a bicycle is the biggest puss-out, fuckin training wheels would be more respectable

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Sham bam bamina! posted:

a motor on a bicycle is the biggest puss-out, fuckin training wheels would be more respectable

wait, how else would you use it?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

sorry, but it involves the naughty bits, so it's obviously horrific and wrong

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

prefect posted:

sorry, but it involves the naughty bits, so it's obviously horrific and wrong
actually grandpa this is the year 2016 and condoms are socially accepted and even encouraged

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Sham bam bamina! posted:

if you have to ride a bicycle please at least ride one where you don't pedal yourself

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

~Coxy posted:

if you have to ride a bicycle please at least ride one where you don't pedal yourself

that weird bike-ish thing where you hang from straps and push along with your feet like a goddamn Flintstone.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

powered bicycles are pretty cool for old people imo

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
they sent an apology about the free condom offer turning out to be a indiegogo backer level (they had been advertising it like a freebie for months) and I got 3 for a dollar like im gonna ever get to use these

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Snapchat A Titty posted:

powered bicycles are pretty cool for old people imo

sorry, old people are monsters and should be exterminated

evilcat
May 16, 2009

Sham bam bamina! posted:

harping on graphene is stupid and nonsensical in itself because its molecular structure's compressive strength is completely unrelated to the tensile strength of the condom's macroscopic structure but that kind of "free-associative connection to science poo poo" marketing has been around since the age of patent medicines. it's not dumb because they're trying to trick people into thinking it's graphene, it's dumb because they're pretending that latex but with hexagons is similarly cutting-edge for having similar properties (they also try to tie in honeycombs too lol it's completely incoherent), but it's actually smart because that poo poo still works and they're about to scream past $100k with a month to go. people get fuckin college degrees to develop and apply that kind of cynicism.

ed: also it's all latex not "fiber"

I skipped past the boxes and endorsements and the "look who is talking about us" since I figured like many projects there was nothing of interest in there, just quotes out of context from random newspapers and blogs that issues copies of their press release and heaped random praise on them.
Right under the endorsement they go "We took the thinnest, strongest material known to science - graphene - and integrated its hexagonal molecular structure into the latex condom." and then in the follow up image "graphene-inspired"; so I groaned and complained about marketing being marketing and seizing on the most science-sounding thing that isn't even really related in order to make people think it's more advanced than it is.

Thanks for pointing out the honeycomb bit, I missed that one and the snake scale comparison that came along as well.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Smythe posted:

I've never hosed.

give it a try sometime. u never know, u might like it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

prefect posted:

sorry, old people are monsters and should be exterminated

sexy logans run woman....................................................................... :jackbud;:jackbud;:jackbud;:jackbud;:jackbud;:jackbud;:jackbud;

• Locked thread