Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

coconono posted:

if they made them a little more volatile, that would be sweet. Like a chance of it randomly exploding.

I've taken a break until they throw some type of progression in. And maybe some race/faction perks as well. Right now, they have the core mechanics fleshed out but thats it. The worst outcome is its a battlefield clone so they have something they can really build on.

I think they just need to lower the splash damage amount or radius. Random exploding sounds like it'll become really frustrating, but hell if it reduces the amount of people using it, I'm all for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dodoman posted:

Is that the VA's name? I thought it was quite good, especially compared to the rest of the game

Depending on your level of movie watching you've probably seen him in the last couple years. He does good stuff.

But yeah, pretty disappointing on all other points.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

BurtLington posted:

I think they just need to lower the splash damage amount or radius. Random exploding sounds like it'll become really frustrating, but hell if it reduces the amount of people using it, I'm all for it.

dying horrifically in battlefield mishaps is totally canon.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
EC-MUAUSF6KATVP7 is my ref code if any of you are gonna get this.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Dodoman posted:

Is that the VA's name? I thought it was quite good, especially compared to the rest of the game

Eh, I'm not hot on it. The points where the conversations were getting heated were delivered in a completely deadpan :effort: manner. I get that Eisenhorn is more of a cool customer compared to most 40k inquisitors, but IIRC in the books he got downright shouty when he was being accused of murdering the stasis-ed up people.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Strong is probably a fan of the franchise if he's willing to voice the main character in two different 40k games.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Meanwhile in EC actually making some progress, at 1:04:00 they show off the stealth on the Striking Scorpions, which I'm sure literally no-one will ever complain about.

https://www.twitch.tv/40kcrusade/v/66200801

Orv
May 4, 2011
Finally took some time and played a bunch of this. When you get a full game it delivers some pretty cool moments of complete chaos, explosions, vehicles, melee, it's all very Warhammer. When you don't get a full game, it's an exercise in complete and total suffering.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Eldar are on the test server.

They'll probably be there a while.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Orv posted:

Eldar are on the test server.

They'll probably be there a while.

I'll buy this at the first sign of them actually being able to create their own decent content. Does it look that way?

Orv
May 4, 2011
The models are really nice and the stuff that works is cool but most of it isn't even ready for testing at this point, so it's hard to say.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Orv posted:

The models are really nice and the stuff that works is cool but most of it isn't even ready for testing at this point, so it's hard to say.

Any word on when we can start playing the dress up meta?

Orv
May 4, 2011
The progression systems are on the test server and currently they lead to a few pieces of war gear which grant stuff like +20% stamina regen speed, and stat bonuses of that nature, and also significantly change the look of your guy, but only portions of them as they're sort of model add-ons or replacements right now. So sooner than last time, still :shrug:

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Did they ever say we could play dress up like in space marine? Or was that just wishful thinking on our part.

Orv
May 4, 2011
To the extent that you'll be changing how bits of your spess mareen look in superficial ways, yeah. You're not going to be changing the essential color scheme of any guy because of their sub-faction system, and at least any time soon the cosmetics will probably trend more towards veteran stuff, gold trim and fancy scrolls and poo poo, but beyond that I don't know.

E: I'm kind of loathe to answer too deeply or even vaguely admit that this game delivers occasional moments of really cool fun, because the balance in the game is anything but decent and I still worry that the RPG systems are going to completely gently caress everything up.

This is the one wargear concept art piece I believe they've shown. It's just going to be minor changes and bolted on bits basically.

Orv fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 6, 2016

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

You mean they won't let me play as that one Space Wolf who managed to be a fat guy despite the genetic enhancements?

Preordered cancelled. :saddowns:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

quote:

Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade will be released this Summer for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC in digital and box versions.

lol what

Orv
May 4, 2011
It suuuuuure won't.

That said;
https://twitter.com/pulsemeat/status/740995963997827072

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nitWhOp1pgE

And finally a giant post on balance and other stuff.

Orv fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 10, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
Eldar are in, so you can probably start seeing footage of them in the next couple days. Footage of them losing every single match because they currently require teamwork way above PUG capabilities.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Just got it for $16. Heard Eldar is super under powered though.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Yeah, the Eldar situation is... not great. Part of this is almost certainly because Aspect Warriors are super specialized and require some pretty high-level coordination if they're going to win, but also they need a bit of a tweak. Shuriken weapons don't even feel like they're on par with bolters, when in tabletop they're very slightly better.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
It also doesn't help that every major clan in the game / people who've been playing this since it was playable poop socks Space Marines.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Skoll posted:

It also doesn't help that every major clan in the game / people who've been playing this since it was playable poop socks Space Marines.

Yeah, the SM guilds are also pretty happy to just use the buggiest/most unbalanced thing of the patch, so it tends to empty servers whenever their premades show up. That said, when I don't run into those this game can be a lot of fun under the right circumstances, I just wish they'd stop breaking half the game with each patch. I've seen games in worse states become good games in less time than they have (Summer 2016 launch) but given how much they gently caress up with each patch, it's a little worrying.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it'd be cool if you got temp buffs for standing near your squad mates. That would encourage a lot more coordinated play.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
why is this in the mmo subforum?

Orv
May 4, 2011
It was once an MMO and this was where the first thread was before I remade this thread to make fun of it. :shrug: Someone said they wanted to make a proper thread but never did it.

If they don't gently caress it up once Orks are in and it has the dress up stuff I'll make one if someone else doesn't in Games.

Orv fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 14, 2016

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If they don't give Orks a victory splash screen even when they lose I will be nerd raged.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Orks are still a ways off aren't they? Seeing as elder are still a new addition with lots of balance work ahead.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Sazabi posted:

Orks are still a ways off aren't they? Seeing as elder are still a new addition with lots of balance work ahead.

Well apparently they're launching it this summer.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sazabi posted:

They say that they mostly need to rig the Orks and create their weapons, which will be easier than Eldar because Eldar needed a bunch of new tech, and Orks share a bunch of tech with Space Marines and even a couple with Eldar. They were saying, last week, probably three or four weeks until they started showing off the Orks on live streams, so it could be fairly soon, at least in terms of how long the Eldar took. Like ADL says though, they're launching this summer, and they haven't pushed that yet, so it'll be tight.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I should also point out that the Eldar don't have all of their classes yet.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

I should also point out that the Eldar don't have all of their classes yet.

Little mad I can't be a wraithguard right now.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Unfortunately Wraithguards, Terminators and whatever the Ork equivalent is, probably Meganobz, will be the first post-launch thing they're doing.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Is it just me or is this game still janky as gently caress?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Maybe it will be like battle fleet Gothic and the orks will be several weeks(or months) after launch. Either way I'm at least gonna pick this up soon and hope to get a group of goons big enough to get stuck in with.

Orv
May 4, 2011

neonbregna posted:

Is it just me or is this game still janky as gently caress?

Nah it's not just you. Performance changes every patch and every individual match has become a complete tossup for whether it lags or not. Matches with Eldar in particular tend to freak out really badly. Four months to launch is a hell of an idea, to say the least.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
This game keeps creeping onto my list kn steam but after reading this thread, thanks goons. It looks lovely.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
It's worth a buy if you get a $15 key like I did. You can have some good fun with a group of people.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Yeah man, I appreciate the thought but im not gonna convince my nerd crew to shell out for a game that will be fun solely because we are playing it together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Just bit the las bolt, anyone got a referral code they want me to use?

• Locked thread