Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I wish the open world prophecies would not repeat so often once you reach maps, I have a ton of Clayshapers and Twyziels but can only dream of some of the others posted in here. Like, give each non-map quest a long cooldown or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Let people invite her to their hideout after a quest chain which makes her give only map prophecies while inside

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Oh. Thanks. Apparently Google insisted on changing my search term to Cauterizer and then couldn't find a single related link or discussion.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
tip: today's Leo daily is 180 seconds idling in Sarn, useful for propelling him to level 3

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

ronya posted:

tip: today's Leo daily is 180 seconds idling in Sarn, useful for propelling him to level 3

what?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I usually put golems in cwdt setups since the buff scaling isnt too good.
Also i cant parse that into the offline planner and cant access the online page from here.

Try this
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/HarryBalzac/characters

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

ronya posted:

I'm nearing 6 :getin:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

There's a loving item that gives 100% poison and bleed out of a god drat ring slot

What

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Vasudus posted:

My experiment into making a crit binos shield charger has hit a wall. The moment I started to swap out my +phys damage jewelry/items the damage fell through the floor, even though the tooltip in some cases went up. It could be that I simply don't have enough damage on the tree.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...W_8xf4d_rr_3g==

I have roughly 65% crit with shield charge, 468% multiplier. I'm seriously thinking my issue is that I don't have a strong base to scale up with those stats.

I was thinking about a Scaea (or whatever) shield charger. But the numbers on that aren't that much higher than Bino's, so this saddens me a bit.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

There's a loving item that gives 100% poison and bleed out of a god drat ring slot

What

And half a good life roll.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

leo missions are a lil different from normal master missions

leo missions are always the same across all leagues, for all players. it alternates daily between an arena mission or a open queue 1v1 pvp mission

today rolled the easiest arena variant: survive three minutes in the arena. since practically nobody pvps, this is usually easy. just chill in a corner and alt+tab out.

leo is useful to have for a number of his master mods. his currency swap can also be an earner early in league.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

And half a good life roll.

I'm erect

I think I'll play again just for that

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Leo's hideout is also the best, so there's that.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

Hamburger Test posted:

I was thinking about a Scaea (or whatever) shield charger. But the numbers on that aren't that much higher than Bino's, so this saddens me a bit.

The cool thing about Scaea is that you can make a good crit build on the southwest side of the tree that isn't Hegemony's.

I'm putting together a Juggernaut crit reaver, which I'm probably going to start leveling tonight.

I'll post in the thread if it's successful.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I guess I'll pizzablast to start

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Seige ballistas count as totems and so won't benefit from Herald of Ash right? Does that mean that Rain Of Arrows is the (non-vaal) bow attack with the biggest modifier to physical damage? Burning arrow and Ice Shot both have more total but convert enough away to elemental that the physical portion is smaller than Rain.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Tykero posted:

The cool thing about Scaea is that you can make a good crit build on the southwest side of the tree that isn't Hegemony's.

I'm putting together a Juggernaut crit reaver, which I'm probably going to start leveling tonight.

I'll post in the thread if it's successful.

I had been looking at the dex classes, but Jugg is interesting. I assume you are getting Undeniable?

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

Hamburger Test posted:

I had been looking at the dex classes, but Jugg is interesting. I assume you are getting Undeniable?

Yep -- Undeniable in Normal, Unflinching in Cruel, Unrelenting in Merciless, Unstoppable in Endgame.

Unbreakable and Unyielding are both super tempting, but the combination above ensures you can do any map mod, which I put a lot of value on. Unrelenting lets you get permanent IC, which is too good to pass up, Undeniable solves accuracy woes and also gives you a shitload of attack speed, Unstoppable is just such a great QoL thing that I'd rather have it than double body armour&stun immunity or boosted Fortify, but if I felt I needed more defense (not likely at this point) I would switch.

Use Scaeva in MH, Death's Hand in OH.

Current build plan (Needs tweaking)

Tykero fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 13, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Tykero posted:

Yep -- Undeniable in Normal, Unflinching in Cruel, Unrelenting in Merciless, Unstoppable in Endgame.

Unbreakable and Unyielding are both super tempting, but the combination above ensures you can do any map mod, which I put a lot of value on. Unrelenting lets you get permanent IC, which is too good to pass up, Undeniable solves accuracy woes and also gives you a shitload of attack speed, Unstoppable is just such a great QoL thing that I'd rather have it than double body armour&stun immunity or boosted Fortify, but if I felt I needed more defense (not likely at this point) I would switch.

Use Scaeva in MH, Death's Hand in OH.

Current build plan (Needs tweaking)

It's really good. Go with my build if you're playing Juggernaut though: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ultima66/characters

You need the extra armor from shield + chest if you're using Abyssus and Abyssus gives a lot more damage than an offhand does. Or don't and use Abyssus anyways, I guess if you don't mind the survivability hit it's no big deal.

E: Use Reave if you want, I haven't enjoyed it because I loot way too much for Vaal Reave to be usable. I'm running Lacerate and it's at a comfortable enough AoE that I'd rather use that than Reave. Reave clears faster though.

Also I have to point out Ancestral Warchief is hilariously powerful. His tooltip for me is like 50k pure phys, with no +attack speed supports and without counting Bloodlust gem. When he crits it takes off like half the health of a map boss. Though thinking about it now Bloodlust is probably bad because it prevents him from applying a monstrous bleed hit.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 13, 2016

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

Ultima66 posted:

It's really good. Go with my build if you're playing Juggernaut though: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ultima66/characters

You need the extra armor from shield + chest if you're using Abyssus and Abyssus gives a lot more damage than an offhand does. Or don't and use Abyssus anyways, I guess if you don't mind the survivability hit it's no big deal.

I can't afford an Abyssus, so I'm planning on not using it. I've had Abyssus builds in the past and as nice as it is for damage, I don't care for the extra squish factor.

I feel like I'll end up with enough damage as is, but Abyssus is a totally legit choice, for certain. I may reconsider if I find one or suddenly become rich.
Edit: I don't mind keeping up Vaal Reave stacks, so that won't be an issue.

For sure, Ancestral Warchief deserves a 4-link of its own in basically any melee build. Only problem is keeping grampa totem alive sometimes.

Tykero fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 13, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Stash upgrade tabs are on sale for the goon that was looking for them this weekend.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

just started playing this game for the first time... it's pretty fun, has some great features that makes it stand out from its competitors

I'm rolling a max block gladiator using shield charge + reckoning + ancestral warchief, kinda piece-meal based on various guides I've come across, but using Facebreakers and Bringer of Rain (once I get to that lvl)

it works fantastically so far, but I'm only in Cruel at the moment. Anyone run something similar to this have any tips on what to avoid?

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
Any goon recommended EQ builds that use the Duelist? or am I really loving myself by not being a type of Marauder?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Tykero posted:

I can't afford an Abyssus, so I'm planning on not using it. I've had Abyssus builds in the past and as nice as it is for damage, I don't care for the extra squish factor.

I feel like I'll end up with enough damage as is, but Abyssus is a totally legit choice, for certain. I may reconsider if I find one or suddenly become rich.
Edit: I don't mind keeping up Vaal Reave stacks, so that won't be an issue.

For sure, Ancestral Warchief deserves a 4-link of its own in basically any melee build. Only problem is keeping grampa totem alive sometimes.

Actually you might be right anyways. Not using Abyssus would let me go ahead and stop using Determination and use Hatred instead, and between that, the intrinsic damage bonus from DW, and the Unholy Might it should balance out the Abyssus damage bonus regardless. I can try it later tonight. Sticking with a Shield gives life and resists though, so I'll have to solve those issues if I want to switch. I can probably address the lack of Crit Multi on the tree for swords by just using a Crit Multi gem as the 6th link, I'm using Increased AoE right now but wasn't for a very long time and it was fine since Lacerate gives AoE by leveling and I had AoE on the tree already.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 13, 2016

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

Ultima66 posted:

Actually you might be right anyways. Not using Abyssus would let me go ahead and stop using Determination and use Hatred instead, and between that, the intrinsic damage bonus from DW, and the Unholy Might it should balance out the Abyssus damage bonus regardless. I can try it later tonight. Sticking with a Shield gives life and resists though, so I'll have to solve those issues if I want to switch. I can probably address the lack of Crit Multi on the tree for swords by just using a Crit Multi gem as the 6th link, I'm using Increased AoE right now but wasn't for a very long time and it was fine since Lacerate gives AoE by leveling and I had AoE on the tree already.

You can make up the lost life and resists with a good rare Helm.
Your damage will definitely go down, but in a buffed situation it won't be by much. You'll be less vulnerable to phys damage spikes, and you'll have an added defensive/utility layer in freezing packs and shattering corpses.
Your crit chance can go up if you invest in the Twin Terrors cluster. If you weren't generating power charges in some way before, with Death's Hand you will be, so your crit chance may increase further.

My current plan is to use Hatred and a Blasphemy aura, though I'm not sure which curse I want. Probably Vulnerability, but if I feel like I need more defense I'll use Enfeeble instead (provided I can get enough Int).

Also planning on utilizing Daresso's Defiance, if only because it should be hilarious with Unrelenting.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Maddot_66 posted:

Any goon recommended EQ builds that use the Duelist? or am I really loving myself by not being a type of Marauder?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656138/page/1

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Maddot_66 posted:

Just flip the starting nodes by Marauder to the corresponding Duelist nodes (the trees I've seen go close enough to Duelist that it's no problem to switch) and bam.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Tykero posted:

You can make up the lost life and resists with a good rare Helm.
Your damage will definitely go down, but in a buffed situation it won't be by much. You'll be less vulnerable to phys damage spikes, and you'll have an added defensive/utility layer in freezing packs and shattering corpses.
Your crit chance can go up if you invest in the Twin Terrors cluster. If you weren't generating power charges in some way before, with Death's Hand you will be, so your crit chance may increase further.

My current plan is to use Hatred and a Blasphemy aura, though I'm not sure which curse I want. Probably Vulnerability, but if I feel like I need more defense I'll use Enfeeble instead (provided I can get enough Int).

Also planning on utilizing Daresso's Defiance, if only because it should be hilarious with Unrelenting.

Yeah I was doing calculations on this. I was running Hatred for most content anyways with Abyssus if I knew it was safe, but as for a general list of pros and cons of DW, assuming DW means dropping Abyssus while using a Shield means keeping Abyssus (both using Hatred):

Pros:
- Unholy Might, 30% phys added as chaos (~25% more damage if you're already getting cold added as chaos)
- DW intrinsic bonus, 32% more damage
- Crit Multiplier gem. Without Abyssus you should have around 300% crit multi, so adding ~100% is a 33% more multiplier. It's not worth using the gem with Abyssus and all the other alternative gem links for that slot kind of suck so I use Inc AoE right now.
- Endurance charge ascendancy line gives better damage reduction and damage stats than Fortify ascendancy
- Twin Terrors, ~9% more damage for 2 points (going down through Duelist through the DW nodes instead of the shield nodes saves 1 point)
- Use Enfeeble or Vulnerability instead of Assassin's Mark (not necessarily better actually, Vuln adds more damage but doesn't increase crit chance, Enfeeble is nice though)

Cons:
-About a 50% damage loss from not using Abyssus (It gives me 66% more crit multi to me and also adds about 20% more flat phys)
-Lose a lot of armor. 30k armor still makes phys damage not really hurt even in maps with Abyssus
-Go from ~30% block chance to 15%
-Lose stun immunity from the double body armor node
-Lose Inc AoE link if I want to add the extra damage link

If I really wanted to go hog wild I could just keep using Abyssus and switch to DW anyways, getting a massive amount of DPS. At least the option is there. I think DW is overall a better option, but I feel like using a Shield is probably a bit better for survivability. The extra damage taken from traps due to Abyssus because armor doesn't reduce those might be a big tipping point though, at least I'm pretty sure I'm taking 45% more damage from traps. I'm definitely taking more damage from Blood Rage since I lose hp very slowly with 5.4% regen on the tree, though it's very slowly so it's pretty negligible.

Extra con: not wearing Abyssus makes my character name SwordingHat a lot less of a good pun.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 13, 2016

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey, as slayer 2h sword lacerate, is a decent http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doomsower going to carry me for a while or should I just go for a well-rolled rare?

e: I ask since I just got a 5-link prophecy

e2: does suck that the fire conversion doesn't apply

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 13, 2016

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
What is the best way to do endgame lab on an evasion character? Merciless Izaro does enough damage that I would think that with 0 physical mitigation, Endgame Izaro will one-shot you eventually when your evasion and acrobatics finally fail you.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Xequecal posted:

What is the best way to do endgame lab on an evasion character? Merciless Izaro does enough damage that I would think that with 0 physical mitigation, Endgame Izaro will one-shot you eventually when your evasion and acrobatics finally fail you.

Don't get hit.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Xequecal posted:

get a LC or Kintsugi. Get more than 5k life.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

Xequecal posted:

Izaro's most painful attacks are avoidable (though some only just), ideally you would not give him a chance to roll against your Dodge/Evasion.

Realistically, though, you should have some form of defense that is more reliable on top of your Dodge/Evasion.

Fortify, Mind over Matter, stacked Endurance Charges, Granite/Basalt Flask, Taste of Hate, Lightning Coil, Kintsugi, etc.

Ultima66 posted:

Yeah I was doing calculations on this. I was running Hatred for most content anyways with Abyssus if I knew it was safe, but as for a general list of pros and cons of DW, assuming DW means dropping Abyssus while using a Shield means keeping Abyssus (both using Hatred):

Pros:
- Unholy Might, 30% phys added as chaos (~25% more damage if you're already getting cold added as chaos)
- DW intrinsic bonus, 32% more damage
- Crit Multiplier gem. Without Abyssus you should have around 300% crit multi, so adding ~100% is a 33% more multiplier. It's not worth using the gem with Abyssus and all the other alternative gem links for that slot kind of suck so I use Inc AoE right now.
- Endurance charge ascendancy line gives better damage reduction and damage stats than Fortify ascendancy
- Twin Terrors, ~9% more damage for 2 points (going down through Duelist through the DW nodes instead of the shield nodes saves 1 point)
- Use Enfeeble or Vulnerability instead of Assassin's Mark (not necessarily better actually, Vuln adds more damage but doesn't increase crit chance, Enfeeble is nice though)

Cons:
-About a 50% damage loss from not using Abyssus (It gives me 66% more crit multi to me and also adds about 20% more flat phys)
-Lose a lot of armor. 30k armor still makes phys damage not really hurt even in maps with Abyssus
-Go from ~30% block chance to 15%
-Lose stun immunity from the double body armor node
-Lose Inc AoE link if I want to add the extra damage link

If I really wanted to go hog wild I could just keep using Abyssus and switch to DW anyways, getting a massive amount of DPS. At least the option is there. I think DW is overall a better option, but I feel like using a Shield is probably a bit better for survivability. The extra damage taken from traps due to Abyssus because armor doesn't reduce those might be a big tipping point though, at least I'm pretty sure I'm taking 45% more damage from traps. I'm definitely taking more damage from Blood Rage since I lose hp very slowly with 5.4% regen on the tree, though it's very slowly so it's pretty negligible.

Extra con: not wearing Abyssus makes my character name SwordingHat a lot less of a good pun.

This is a great breakdown. Well done!
I'm probably going to end up close to the crit cap without Assassin's Mark, and even though AM can take you to 100% crit chance, I doubt it would be worth more damage than Vulnerability, especially if you're running a Voidheart. Admittedly, I haven't bothered to actually work it out yet.

Tykero fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 13, 2016

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Xequecal posted:

I haven't done him in the endgame labyrinth cause I've barely played this league, but evasion characters are literally the best against him aside from all these 10 endurance charge builds going around. Are you ranged, and on SC? Don't get hit. Are you melee/short range? 3.5k life with fortify + 3 endurance charges was more than enough to deal with him on merciless unless he got some nice buffs from phase 1 and 2. 5k would probably be good enough unless his damage scaling is higher than expected.

Also use your utility flasks. Basalt is best. Blinding is great. Quartz is good.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Get more than 5k hp and don't do four key runs until you are good at not eating his big attacks. Double swords izaro is a chump though.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Tykero posted:

This is a great breakdown. Well done!
I'm probably going to end up close to the crit cap without Assassin's Mark, and even though AM can take you to 100% crit chance, I doubt it would be worth more damage than Vulnerability, especially if you're running a Voidheart. Admittedly, I haven't bothered to actually work it out yet.

You won't hit crit cap, and you won't get to cap with AM either. A 10% base crit sword needs 850% increased crit chance to hit crit cap. Twin Terrors is 125, Disemboweling is 135, Fatal Blade is 110, Eagle Eye is 32. 3 Power charges is 150. This adds up to 552, so you'd need 300% increased crit chance on gear to hit crit cap. With only 1 ring giving crit, you should expect ~100% increased crit chance on gear, giving 75% crit chance. You can hit crit cap with Rat's Nest + 2 Diamond Rings + Maligaro's Virtuosity + Crit neck with AM, but there's no need to get to crit cap, you'll need the hat to cover resists unless resists on your other gear is insane, and Voidheart is way better than any Diamond Ring.

Also Vulnerability vs Assmark won't be a huge difference in damage. Vuln doesn't increase damage from Hatred or chaos, which is around 40% of your total damage. It will however buff your bleed/poison damage.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 13, 2016

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If you're at 90% phys dmg reduction do to endurance charges. Does boosting up to 20k armor from like 8k with a armor flask do anything further or is it all diminishing returns beyond that?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

We did it team

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

If you're at 90% phys dmg reduction do to endurance charges. Does boosting up to 20k armor from like 8k with a armor flask do anything further or is it all diminishing returns beyond that?

The phys reduction according to your tooltip is dumb and misleading because it is calculated based on some undisclosed base damage value based on your character level (just like how accuracy is calculated based on some undisclosed evasion value). Armor doesn't work that way, though, and monsters that do more damage in 1 hit get reduced by armor less. The total damage reduced is Armor/(Damage*10 + Armor) + Endurance Charge reduction, not more than 90%. If you hit 90% phys damage reduction with 8000 armor and 10 Endurance charges, that means the game thinks that your armor is reducing the average hit by 50%, or the average hit is 800 damage. To reduce a hit of 4000 damage by 90%, you would need 40000 armor + 10 Endurance charges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

TheRat posted:

We did it team

Did what?

• Locked thread