Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Larryb posted:

He's the human we saw chained up at the end of the previous episode (the one Genis shoved the powers of 3 Zyumen into), as far as I know he's a real one. His name is Mondo Misao apparently. Since (barring some kind of last minute surprise) he's not going to be a Ranger I'm curious now what they plan on doing with Bird Kusaka and the 6th Cube.

He's going to be running around until the mid season, at which point Genis comes down, clowns him, takes the cube and becomes ZyuOh Alien.

Either that or they get the sixth cube after Za Warudo joins up and it turns out Genis has already blood gamed up Zyuland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Ultraman Orb trailer

Garo X NJPW crossover special airing in July

July's looking good

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

This week's Ghost reveals secrets about Makoto I was not prepared for.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

LightningKimba posted:

This week's Ghost reveals secrets about Makoto I was not prepared for.

The kind of weird creepy poo poo that is basically accepted in almost all anime these days but I hadn't found in toku yet. I guess the show being boring and having this one scene in it isn't going to stop me from continuing to watch but I continue to be disappointed.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I haven't been watching Ghost, what happened?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
There's a bit where the monster gives the B-characters hallucinations of their dreams. Akari has a sweet lab, Alain gets lifetime octoballs, and Makoto is in a room full of costumed Kanons all doing that "onii-chan" voice.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Dude has always been a little hung up on his sister. No reason to read too much into it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
https://twitter.com/TamashiiNations/status/741064895702175745

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Crossposting this from my Power Rangers thread in TVIV; fellow goon Senerio was randomly drawn to receive a phone call from one of the ex-Ranger actors who's gonna be in The Order...but decided not to take the call and gave it to the first goon to PM...which was me! So here's my trip report:

Well, I just got off the phone with Deborah E. Phillips, who played Katie/Time Force Yellow, and let me tell you...she is SUPER chill and down to earth. The first couple minutes of the call felt kinda like a sales pitch for The Order, but then she just starting talking about how cool it was to still be remembered for a role on a kids show that she did for a few months 15 years ago. Turns out she fangirl'd really hard when she met the Mighty Morphin' cast. She was super stoked to be the first Power Rangers cast member that I've ever gotten to actually speak to; she's pretty new to doing conventions/interacting with the fanbase, so she's so used to hearing people say that they've met a laundry list of other Rangers before her. She couldn't say enough good things about her co-stars from Time Force, and how its cool that over half the cast is reunited for The Order. She's excited to see where the Power Rangers reboot movie goes and hopes they make it all the way to an adaptation of Time Force. She's well aware that "the Yellow Ranger" is often an unenviable spot to be cast for a 5-person team.

All in all, I cannot complain one bit about getting to talk to her; Time Force was the 2nd season of Power Rangers I really ever watched (Started with Lightspeed), and it was such a blast!

EDIT: And yes...I told her about Podcasters With Attitude. She asked me if I was part of the Power Rangers fan community on social media or whatnot...and I couldn't resist mentioning the show...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Why do I want this.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I had a long plane trip today so I finally sucked it up and finished W. I think I was scared to finish it because I was just enjoying it so much. Didn't want it to end.

So as far as I can guess, Ryuube was corrupted by the discovery in that excavation site. But I also walked away thinking that seeing his son "die" made something snap in him. He's so desperate to make sure the world doesn't die pointlessly like his Raito that he destroys hundreds of lives and his entire family. Like, that dinner scene was devastating. A happy family turned into a bunch of double-crossing assholes. Saeko and Wakana were desperate for any sort of approval from daddy, Ryuube was out of his gourd in delusion and denial, and Shroud was actually totally right to tell Phillip "this is a loving mess, get out with Shotaro while you can" (As an aside, I love that Shroud just seems to live in the forest, moping all the time. She doesn't even seem to have a phone or anything).

I guess my only big complaints are the whole Foundation X and final episode stuff that you guys already mentioned. I didn't think I'd be annoyed at Foundation X being dropped as a plot point in later stuff until they became the main threat at the end. I don't remember them being relevant in OOO at all so like. That went nowhere. But my big beef with the final episode is that its so much more interesting if Wakana (and actually Saeko too if she had survived) had to live and learn to move past all this bullshit they pulled. Try to live up to Phillip's example of not being the worst.

All in all though. W is really loving good. Like extremely loving good. I don't know if Fourze will appeal to me, but god. W was so much fun.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

nerdman42 posted:

(As an aside, I love that Shroud just seems to live in the forest, moping all the time. She doesn't even seem to have a phone or anything).

Yeah, I was always kinda under the impression that Shroud was some kind of full-time Dopant, or at any rate not entirely human anymore. I kind of wish they'd have gone more into that, because like a lot of the side-characters in W, she seemed like she had a pretty interesting story to tell. Like, where does she keep getting Gaiamemories from? She just kind of had Skull, Accel, and Trial on hand. Did she make them? Did she steal them when she left Museum? She uses the Bomb Memory to power her gun, but the viewer never finds out what was giving her all her weirdo ghost powers.

She could have probably sustained a movie, is what I'm saying.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm down for W Returns: Shroud.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I really liked Fourze. I've wanted to do a compare and contrast to Season 1-3 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer because even though Fourze is for a younger audience, there's aspects of it I like better and a lot in common.

Thing is if you watch it after W you might notice certain things are copy-pasted in terms of premise and that can be a big turn off. I'll just say that certain things start out similarly, the journey and destinations are different.

Also if you've seen a few Heseis you might worry about Gentaro. Don't worry, he is a good Rider and does not drag the show down.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Acne Rain posted:

I really liked Fourze. I've wanted to do a compare and contrast to Season 1-3 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer because even though Fourze is for a younger audience, there's aspects of it I like better and a lot in common.

Thing is if you watch it after W you might notice certain things are copy-pasted in terms of premise and that can be a big turn off. I'll just say that certain things start out similarly, the journey and destinations are different.

Also if you've seen a few Heseis you might worry about Gentaro. Don't worry, he is a good Rider and does not drag the show down.

Like how Accel and Meteor have basically the same plot arc, even down to being aided by a mysterious masked benefactor who turns out to have a connection with the show's villains. Or how the Gaia Memories and Astro Switches serve pretty much the same purpose and are both disturbuted to the populace like drugs by the villains (though the latter is pretty much limited to the students/faculty at the school while the former is much more widespread).

That aside though, I really liked Fourze and consider it one of my favorite Rider series. I especially liked how it took characters who were assholes in the beginning and made them likeable in a way that made perfect sense. Though Meteor's introductionary arc dragged on way too long I still didn't find it too terribly bad overall.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 10, 2016

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I know the thread has strong feelings about Meteor.

My feelings about Meteor are counter to the thread, and if this is nerdman's next series I hope people refrain from talking too much about him and let nerdman form their own opinions.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Acne Rain posted:

I know the thread has strong feelings about Meteor.
Yes, I do.

quote:

My feelings about Meteor are counter to the thread, and if this is nerdman's next series I hope people refrain from talking too much about him and let nerdman form their own opinions.
Absolutely.

Nerdman, watch Fourze, it's actually quite good. I like it more than OOO.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Some Numbers posted:

Yes, I do.

Absolutely.

Nerdman, watch Fourze, it's actually quite good. I like it more than OOO.

I like OOO more than Fourze overall, but I really, really like Fourze's supporting cast. A lot of them subvert your expectations of like their high school clique stereotypes in ways that are pretty fun.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

All I know about Fourze is "high school" and "has themes I like". I'm actually really excited to start it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Fourze is so much fun at the beginning but I'll admit, a lot of characters turn into catchphrases or revert to stereotypes after their character arcs are over with. And I still like Meteor, it's just Storm that looks silly as hell.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Counterpoint: Meteor is the second best-looking rider suit from this century (beat out by Kiva imo), and he makes awesome Bruce Lee noises when he fights.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Fourze is a great series that unfortunately has a few missteps along the way.

It's worth watching for Gentarou alone because he's such a fantastic main character. He's definitely one of my all-time favorite Riders.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I didn't like Fourze but we've been over this so many times that it doesn't really matter anymore. Watch whatever you want to try (except Wizard) and if it gets to be too bad switch to something else or give up on Rider.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Know what a good show to pair with happy go lucky Fourze is?

Ultraman Nexus! Which is officially available on Crunchyroll!

Seriously more people need to watch Nexus it's one of the best tokustasu series ever even with a crippled at the finish line ending.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Just caught up on Ghost after dropping it at episode 7. How did it turn from being so bland and generic into being so good? Hell, it feels like we're in the final stretch already but there's still a third of the show left to go.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
It got done with the toys and started on the actual plot. It seems like a pretty normal process, Drive and Gaim definitely had a similar phase.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Caphi posted:

It got done with the toys and started on the actual plot. It seems like a pretty normal process, Drive and Gaim definitely had a similar phase.

Gaim still had a hiccup due to toys, namely that he got his final form about ten episodes too soon, but there's not a whole lot they could have done about that.

And then the ending just kind of poo poo the bed but that's neither here nor there.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
If Amazons has a sequel series I'd like them to back Gen to see what he could do with a short live action series with blood and drama and not as many mandated toys.

Like I'm having a lot of trouble with the Haruka finding his compass storyline in Amazons, he's kind of in a circle and I was pretty mad at him for still going to bat for the people eater restaurant. Madoka Magica is pretty much the only time where that storyline worked for me.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Amazons will in fact be getting a season 2, with 13 more episodes to complete the alphabetical episode titling.

And yeah Haruka is a moron, but to the shows credit, they don't hide that fact either. He's not in the right anymore than really anyone else is.

Jin is the best. I am SO happy the first thing he did after vaguely getting better and getting a proper kiss goodbye was go to the monster hunter club and tell them about the giant problem they were having.

An Inoue style show would have played it for cheap drama and had no one ever talk to anyone ever.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Acne Rain posted:

If Amazons has a sequel series I'd like them to back Gen to see what he could do with a short live action series with blood and drama and not as many mandated toys.

Like I'm having a lot of trouble with the Haruka finding his compass storyline in Amazons, he's kind of in a circle and I was pretty mad at him for still going to bat for the people eater restaurant. Madoka Magica is pretty much the only time where that storyline worked for me.

To be fair, it's a lovely situation. The Amazons didn't ask to be created, and don't necessarily want to turn into freaky people eaters... but they're going to, and there's no stopping that change, so...

The pragmatic "Kill 'em all ASAP" approach of Jin and his mom are probably the most "responsible" course of action (coincidentally, they're literally responsible for this mess) but since Haruka can very easily imagine himself in the shoes of the soon-to-be-dead Amazons, it's a lot easier to understand his issues with the situation than the usual "BUT KILLINGS BAD???" that you get in a lot of action stories aimed at kids.

Imagine if there was a disease that turns people into murderers. That's bad! But the disease has to incubate for a while inside of a person who's probably totally innocent in the meantime. That's worse. And the people who are going to go around killing the infected before they can turn are also the ones responsible for the situation in the first place? I'd be morally conflicted, too.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/742375097575432193

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Title makes me think of first aid. A medic Rider?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

So the Kamen Rider equivalent of GoGoV then? I'd be on board for that as I don't think they've done a Rescue-themed Rider yet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Most rescue work iconography is related to their vehicles. Drive used pretty much all of those one way or another.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Waffleman_ posted:

Serious Frolicking posted:

Most rescue work iconography is related to their vehicles. Drive used pretty much all of those one way or another.

I think some kind of Disaster Relief Rider could be interesting. Kind of take that idea from Drive and Agito's G3 of a Rider who gets dispatched by some authority. He deals with Kaijin themed after natural disasters? Like a less goofy Tomica Hero Rescue Force, I guess?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Regardless of what theme they choose it has to be something that they can derive like 10 different forms from. Those multiple forms and the toys they make of them are like the entire point of kr these days.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I want this to be the Kamen Rider version of Team Medical Dragon where big Japanese pharma is using sick and injured people as cheap monster parts and Kamen Rider EX-AID is Black Jack on a motorcycle who goes around beating the evil out of people and then healing what's left afterwards

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Serious Frolicking posted:

Regardless of what theme they choose it has to be something that they can derive like 10 different forms from. Those multiple forms and the toys they make of them are like the entire point of kr these days.

final form is a fuckin hospital. make it happen.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

I want this to be the Kamen Rider version of Team Medical Dragon where big Japanese pharma is using sick and injured people as cheap monster parts and Kamen Rider EX-AID is Black Jack on a motorcycle who goes around beating the evil out of people and then healing what's left afterwards

You motherfucker. I didn't know I wanted to see that until now, but a show like that will never be made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Exciting to finally see an HIV+ Rider.

• Locked thread