Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Retardog posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the memo that banned high and tights?

Yeah, as an "Extreme haircut"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

ok let me rephrase this, how did his COC even know about him being on these dead gay forums

Ive been doxxed twice here. Don't put it past goons. Which is exactly why I'm not gonna smoke on terminal. Not worth some goon calling my CoC with "evidence" or whatever.

Today is definitely an Army day. Revielle sounded 7 minutes early which made it look like I was late, a SSG had her PT shorts on backwards and had to be excused from formation to fix them, and I got yelled at walking. Some dude ran past me and was like "What the gently caress are you doing? Push go push go! Move your rear end!" He looked back at me right as I uttered "excuse me?" and it showed in his face that he didn't recognize me. I asked louder "Hey, excuse me?" and he just kept running.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soulex posted:

Ive been doxxed twice here. Don't put it past goons. Which is exactly why I'm not gonna smoke on terminal. Not worth some goon calling my CoC with "evidence" or whatever.

I would love to know how that call went. "Hello, you don't know me but I'm from the internet. There's this website called "something awful" where we *CLICK* hello? Helloo?"

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

spacetoaster posted:

I would love to know how that call went. "Hello, you don't know me but I'm from the internet. There's this website called "something awful" where we *CLICK* hello? Helloo?"

Something like "Hey, I saw a soldier and I think he's yours, but he was smoking weed in public while furiously masterbating over his DD214. I also think he said SMDFTB or something along those lines."

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soulex posted:

Something like "Hey, I saw a soldier and I think he's yours, but he was smoking weed in public while furiously masterbating over his DD214. I also think he said SMDFTB or something along those lines."

But then the skeptical part of me would ask a couple of basic questions like: "Who is this? How do you know he's a Soldier and why do you think he's "mine"?".

I despise anonymous "tips". The only time I would personally take one under any type of consideration is if it pertained to someone actually being harmed.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

spacetoaster posted:

But then the skeptical part of me would ask a couple of basic questions like: "Who is this? How do you know he's a Soldier and why do you think he's "mine"?".

I despise anonymous "tips". The only time I would personally take one under any type of consideration is if it pertained to someone actually being harmed.

Well some people are power tripping ego maniacs who squeal with glee at the chance to crush someone so congrats on not being one of them

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Well some people are power tripping ego maniacs who squeal with glee at the chance to crush someone so congrats on not being one of them

Speaking of retards in the military here's a couple from my past.

When I graduated Officers Basic Course back in the long long ago we all got our pay. It was about 14 grand or so. My wife and I put it in savings and moved out to the base I was assigned to. There were guys who went out THAT DAY. And spent every penny on motorcycles, radios, tv's etc.

When I got back from Iraq there was one Lt who had 50,000 dollars in his bank account. He immediately went to the BMW dealership and spent it all plus a little more on a sporty little convertable.

The money stuff is just :psyduck: to me. I grew up dirt poor. My dad left and I remember my mom teaching me to count out pennies to go buy milk, bread, and peanut butter for the week. The idea that you would get that much money and spend it on utter bullshit fills me with rage. Like, I could walk over to the barracks and just start strangling people right now for doing these things.

*edit* I will point out that back then a finance guy would literally show up with a bag of money and a couple guards and pay you in cash if you wanted.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I had that same experience about ten years ago before I joined. A guy that worked for me got out after an Iraq deployment. He came in one morning looking like hammered poo poo, and I asked him if he was okay. He said he was hungover as hell, and he'd been at a strip club the night prior and had apparently spent the last $3,000 of his deployment cash there, but he was so drunk he didn't remember any of it. I was scraping by to pay bills at the time, eating free tornados and hot dogs from gas station rewards points to make it to payday, and it was infuriating.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Retardog posted:

I had that same experience about ten years ago before I joined. A guy that worked for me got out after an Iraq deployment. He came in one morning looking like hammered poo poo, and I asked him if he was okay. He said he was hungover as hell, and he'd been at a strip club the night prior and had apparently spent the last $3,000 of his deployment cash there, but he was so drunk he didn't remember any of it. I was scraping by to pay bills at the time, eating free tornados and hot dogs from gas station rewards points to make it to payday, and it was infuriating.

And here we spent :10bux: to post on a forum about it. :downs:

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

Retardog posted:

Stuff like this makes me lose all sympathy for homeless vets. If I wasn't so cheap I would buy a DD214 blanket for the one I see out here so I could image macro it with DD214s CAUSE HOMELESSNESS.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
I was just relaying some of the awful VA/Army shittiness to my mother that's been talked about itt and she told me that when my father went to the VA for help in the 90s they told him he needed a hobby. Death from lack of hobby or a self inflicted gunshot, we may never know.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

And here we spent :10bux: to post on a forum about it. :downs:

Ha, speak for yourself. I got in before Lowtax started charging for accounts... (not that that makes me any less retarded)

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Obstacle2 posted:

I was just relaying some of the awful VA/Army shittiness to my mother that's been talked about itt and she told me that when my father went to the VA for help in the 90s they told him he needed a hobby. Death from lack of hobby or a self inflicted gunshot, we may never know.

Nice to see that nothing has changed.

Why the VA hasn't been burned to the ground from public outcry confuses the hell out of me.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Obstacle2 posted:

I have my first group therapy this week for ptsd. I'm wondering what it will be like.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

spacetoaster posted:

I have my first group therapy this week for ptsd. I'm wondering what it will be like.

If most of the people I've known with PTSD are any indicator, it'll turn into a huge pissing match.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ace of Baes posted:

If most of the people I've known with PTSD are any indicator, it'll turn into a huge pissing match.

So I should not go? The last helpful counseling I got was individual. I'm only doing this because the new mental health place therapists all just graduated school and I have to do the group thing if I want a doctor who isn't 20.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i lucked out and my group counseling was loving good as hell, and all the dudes were cool. counselor was awesome. there was one or two loudmouth mouth breathing motard fuckheads, but they quickly stopped coming after a couple of weeks.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Group can be hit or miss. Thing is, you'll never know until you try it. If you get a good one then it's amazingly helpful and you can make some lifelong friends. If it's bad, you just go a few times and then quit. You're not really out much except a bit of time, but it's still worth it to check imo.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

spacetoaster posted:

So I should not go? The last helpful counseling I got was individual. I'm only doing this because the new mental health place therapists all just graduated school and I have to do the group thing if I want a doctor who isn't 20.

I dont have ptsd but Id say go for a couple sessions to see how it is, worst case scenario its retarded and you can post about how dumb it is here, better case scenario is they help your brain be less broken.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/army/comments/4nwfgp/sma_daniel_dailey_will_be_conducting_an_ama_on/

:lol:

BE PROFESSIONAL WITH THIS VERY PROFESSIONAL REDDIT ASK ME ANYTHING BY THE SERGEANT MAJOR OF THE ARMY OR WE'LL CALL YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND, REMEMBER REDDIT IS AN EXTENSION OF THE STUPID loving ARMY DICKS DICKS COCK GOBBLE

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
hey SMA i'm retired eat a dick

but isnt Dailey "OK" at least compared to chandler.

this will be so loving gay and will be staged questions

make your user name like a 1SG or CO you really hate and just spam goatse with that account

an account named CSM CHandler just posting guys sucking dicks

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 14, 2016

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

be sure to stand at ease in front of your computer after you ask your question soldier.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

He seems like an alright guy. I mean, he wrote that thing that told CSMs to stop being blowhards and got us black socks, I guess.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
He seems alright, unfortunately he could be the greatest SMA of all time and he still wouldnt have enough power to stop the systemic ingrained bullshit that makes being in the army suck dicks.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
best SMA

In 1998, he was court martialed on a variety of charges including sexual harassment and obstruction of justice. He was convicted of the obstruction of justice charge and demoted to the rank of master sergeant.

On October 25, 2010, McKinney allegedly hit a man with his car on purpose, and was charged with felony malicious wounding.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Upholding the finest values and traditions of the United States Army.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Didn't he authorize black socks with PTs, I guess that's cool

he'd probably yell at you for walking on the grass though still or something

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Speaking of the SMA, watched this in SLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EPm9AvIuqc

"Hey SMA, want to help me PMCS my HMMWV?"

"Sure!"

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo that was loving gay, why did i even watch that

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mike-o posted:

I made it about 10 seconds. Army productions are so terrible.

Like you know they spent probably 2 weeks making the HMWMV perfect, and at least another 2 weeks just rehearsing that. Half the soldiers probably were told to buy new boots and uniforms because thats what their clothing allowance is for.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Mustang posted:

Speaking of the SMA, watched this in SLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EPm9AvIuqc

"Hey SMA, want to help me PMCS my HMMWV?"

"Sure!"

That was the funniest loving thing. PFC's like "Oh hey dude!"

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mike-o posted:

i want to die

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
checking in to let you know that video was loving lame

*hits bowl

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone ever seen anyone wear a sword in ASUs, outside of a wedding?

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I've never seen it outside of an official ceremony or some other official capacity in the 13 years I've been in. I have seen a few weirdos wear capes.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Ace of Baes posted:

Yup

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

best SMA

In 1998, he was court martialed on a variety of charges including sexual harassment and obstruction of justice. He was convicted of the obstruction of justice charge and demoted to the rank of master sergeant.

On October 25, 2010, McKinney allegedly hit a man with his car on purpose, and was charged with felony malicious wounding.

Back when the SMA was elected by being the most enlisted man in the service

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If there's anything I've learned in all my years dealing with PTSD - not only my own, but helping others - try just about anything. It's absolutely amazing what random therapy/technique works for people sometimes.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Happy birfday army

SMDFTB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

cravius posted:

Has anyone ever seen anyone wear a sword in ASUs, outside of a wedding?

My old XO in Italy

E: cape, too

• Locked thread