Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rondette posted:

For some reason that line really stood out for me, LITERALLY.

"This rear end is literally normal."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Ha ha holy poo poo man that was so great how you almost set the entire gas station on fire, here have free stuff

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Doesn't gas come out of the pump with basically the bare minimum amount of pressure anyway?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

FrozenVent posted:

Doesn't gas come out of the pump with basically the bare minimum amount of pressure anyway?

No? Have you never pumped gas?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Nice dog whistle racism too

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Nice dog whistle racism too

I don't know what you're talkin' about, boy!

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Khazar-khum posted:

quote:

My dad

quote:

This Troper's father

quote:

this troper's sword maestro

I mean, I don't mean to brag, but this goonette's ex-boyfriend once told Harry Connick, Jr. to shut the gently caress up after a concert at Florida State University in 1992. He said it right to his face! Harry Connick, Jr. totally made a mad face and everything, it was so epic.

It's just so weird, this relating of stories that happened to other people. You know someone who claims to have done something badass? Good for you, no one gives a gently caress.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
I wouldn't really say that's weird or anything. Definitely off-putting but not outside of the norm for everyday conversations. It's just more obnoxious put in text form with 3rd person tense and obviously fake stories attached to it.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Drunk Tomato posted:

I don't know what you're talkin' about, boy!

Also it's in Oakland, if you know what i mean. :jerkbag:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

sweeperbravo posted:

The one upside of these stories is that they make me really appreciate my boyfriend and the fact that he doesn't pick the scab of an existing mental illness. He's a really good guy and i am blessed

Looks like you've got a bluepill beta wrapped around your cruel, woman finger. Just don't let him know that you're banging his alpha friend. :biotruths:
(What is the redpill relationship boogeyman? Is it like cuckolds and their constant "BIG BLACK BULL BANGS MY WHITE WIFE" thing or is it something that is more materialistic?)

So, reading through this, I loved reading the "strategies" and "cheat codes" parts the best. Can you really call it a strategy or a cheat code to pay a prostitute to have sex with you? It's not like you had to dial the konami code in your phone and go to some glitched spot and stand there for 3 hours.

Postal Parcel has a new favorite as of 10:56 on Jun 12, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Postal Parcel posted:

What is the redpill relationship boogeyman?

Women.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Postal Parcel posted:

Women.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

FrozenVent posted:

:lol:

No. Gas from a pump can easily shoot up to 20 feet.

Source: I was a juvenile delinquent.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Cross post from IoSM

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

Was going to post "women," then was going to post "beaten," then got sad.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Zipperelli. posted:

:lol:

No. Gas from a pump can easily shoot up to 20 feet.

Source: I was a juvenile delinquent.

This is correct. Source: I have arthritis and sometimes am a little slow about releasing my grip. :corsair:

Edit: Fortunately, my car windows were closed, and I was the only one at the pump. Sorry, ecosystem!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Henchman of Santa posted:

Cross post from IoSM

I swear there was a load more of this

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Jock

quote:

This troper couldn't have planned his CMOA if he'd wanted to, but he still savours the memory fifteen years later. Having Calculus and Statistics in back-to-back periods of high school? Tedious. Having the teacher tell the class at year's beginning "I don't care what you do in class, as long as you're quiet and don't bother me unless someone's dying!"? Distasteful. Having a Jerk Jock sit next to this troper in Stats one day and demand "Lemme copy what you're doing" (with an implicit "or else!")? Aggravating. Watching a week later as the teacher gets up before the class, makes a speech about 'copying's okay, as long as you *learn* in the process' - then skewers said Jerk Jock for handing in a copy of my ''Calc'' assignment as his ''Stats'' homework? PRICELESS.

Competent

quote:

This troper, who likes to think of herself as a competent writer, once failed the essay portion of a stupidly easy and stupidly pointless high school standardized test. She was so annoyed at having to re-take the test—and the remedial version at that—that when she got the prompt for the second test, she decided to write the entire thing... in mirror handwriting. (It's one of her Usseless Useful Skills.) Oh, it was still on topic—just completely backwards. She got 98% of the possible score.

Geometry

quote:

Minor but Awesome, This Troper once took her Geometry finals with out a calculator (it was dead) or reference sheets (highly recomended by the teach) and not only proceeds to get 103 points out of 100, but gets the highest score out of ALL the geometry classes in the SCHOOL.

Penology

quote:

This troper's (I'll just say "me" and "my" from now on) had a few, most of them verbally, but one in particular comes to mind: During high school I was a founding member for me school's Mock Trial team (it's just what it sounds like - mock court cases, with everything done by students). Despite having little to no experience with legal matters, my team of 6 managed to make it to the final round of my regional competition, beating out schools who had been doing this for years. During this final case, when I attempted to submit my penologist (expert in the study of prisons) witness as an expert witness (so her opinions could be considered as fact), the other team objected, saying that my witness had failed to really identify what penology was. My teammates looked shocked - this had never happened before, and if my witness wasn't considered an expert, our whole case went down. I then turned and calmly said to the judge, "Your Honor, I don't see any reason for my witness to have to define penology, as the opposing counsel's own expert witness has already provided us with an excellent definition. As it is, I believe her experience speaks for itself." The judge agreed, overruling the objection, and even giving me a little smile. The opposing team looked a little flustered - being as they were well-known for being composed at every moment, I considered it a win. We still lost the case (mostly because we were going up against the team that had won state last year), but looking back, we did pretty drat well for the first year ever.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
I've read the penology one like 5 times and what the gently caress is going on?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Xen Tricks posted:

I've read the penology one like 5 times and what the gently caress is going on?

That Troper is remember the last time they did anything praiseworthy.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I wonder how often he tries to bring up the prison system in conversation so he can whip that story out.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
It looks like there should be some kind of dick joke in there but it's just "I made a minor procedural comment in mock trial"? That might be one of the worst tales ever for just how crushingly mundane it is. Who could possibly care?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Xen Tricks posted:

It looks like there should be some kind of dick joke in there but it's just "I made a minor procedural comment in mock trial"? That might be one of the worst tales ever for just how crushingly mundane it is. Who could possibly care?

Maybe This Troper is a Badass Normal.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I wonder how many nights he went home from the bar alone because he didn't have an interesting story to tell. Enough that he pulled out that deep cut as the greatest moment of his life.

"Alright, so I was a kid, and we were pretending to be lawyers..."

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

what the gently caress did I just read

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Khazar-khum posted:

still savours the memory fifteen years later.

:smith:

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I wonder how many nights he went home from the bar alone because he didn't have an interesting story to tell. Enough that he pulled out that deep cut as the greatest moment of his life.

"Alright, so I was a kid, and we were pretending to be lawyers..."

In real life, I hope he also begins every story by explaining the concept of a mock trial, and ends it by mentioning how, despite his crowningly awesome comment, they lost anyway.

What makes this one great is how the author didn't even seem to do anything. He just went along with the jock's bullying and then the jock got "skewered" for turning in the wrong assignment by accident. From the wording, it doesn't look like the jock even failed or got in any real trouble--the teacher just gave him a hard time. I guess maybe we're supposed to believe that the author intentionally gave him the wrong homework to copy as part of a master revenge scheme, but it doesn't really say that.

Also this.

tankadillo has a new favorite as of 13:20 on Jun 13, 2016

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

tankadillo posted:

In real life, I hope he also begins every story by explaining the concept of a mock trial, and ends it by mentioning how, despite his crowningly awesome comment, they lost anyway.

That may be the most depressing part. It's your story, you can embellish it in any way you want. Nobody is going to fact-check you and ask your former classmates whether or not you actually won the big trial.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

That may be the most depressing part. It's your story, you can embellish it in any way you want. Nobody is going to fact-check you and ask your former classmates whether or not you actually won the big trial.

You forget that that probably is the embellished version.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Kajeesus posted:

You forget that that probably is the embellished version.

So what's the real version?

"I tried to join the debate team in high school and I've seen 'My Cousin Vinny' two and a half times"

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So what's the real version?

Reading about something similar happening and internalizing it. One of my coworkers does this poo poo all the time. Sometimes he'll even tell me stories about things I've done, with him edited in place of myself.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Reading about something similar happening and internalizing it. One of my coworkers does this poo poo all the time. Sometimes he'll even tell me stories about things I've done, with him edited in place of myself.

Please tell us about the times this person replaced you in your stories, it sounds loving fascinating.

shit_that_didnt_happen_to_you.txt

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I've never figured out if that's a sign of autism or just people being consummate oneuppers. I've had a couple of friends that just cannot stop telling "badass" stories about their life but from what I know of their life they haven't had nearly enough time or resources to be all the amazing things they claim. Both of them have been the awful oneupper that nobody wants to be friends with, but both also showed signs of being :spergin: about everything else as well. It may be connected. :shrug:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Jesus it's like you guys talking about gas have never had a gasoline fight.

With ORANGE MOCHA FRAPPUCHINOOOOOOOS

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Hey you wanna hear about the time I lost a minor regional mock trial as a kid?

Wait where are you going, no no you gotta hear this, THE JUDGE GAVE ME A SLIGHT SMILE!

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

My (adult) coworker was getting her braces off, and I had just seen this on the internets and told her about it, like "hey I saw this funny thing about braces:"

She told me that our spergy coworker had already told her about this, only he framed it like "You've inspired me to write a story about someone trying to get their braces off after the apocalypse" or some poo poo

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TheKennedys posted:

I've never figured out if that's a sign of autism or just people being consummate oneuppers. I've had a couple of friends that just cannot stop telling "badass" stories about their life but from what I know of their life they haven't had nearly enough time or resources to be all the amazing things they claim. Both of them have been the awful oneupper that nobody wants to be friends with, but both also showed signs of being :spergin: about everything else as well. It may be connected. :shrug:

I had a short-lived friend in the neighborhood back in middle school or 9th grade (can't remember how long he lasted). He was a few years younger than me and one of only two friends I had within walking distance, so he came over to my house fairly often to play video games and stuff like that. He had a chronic problem with telling fantastic stories about himself and his relatives which could never possibly be true. The only one I remember with any clarity was that he said his dad drove down to the Mexican border to shoot a bunch of badass privately owned weapons like an AA-12 (he conveniently couldn't remember what shotgun it was until I prodded him).

I don't think he was autistic or anything, or really had any disorders beyond probably ADHD. He was just a lonely kid trying to make himself seem cool.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

chitoryu12 posted:

I had a short-lived friend in the neighborhood back in middle school or 9th grade (can't remember how long he lasted).

What killed him? Was it you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nuclear War posted:

What killed him? Was it you?