Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whitefire
Oct 9, 2007

DEE DEEEEE
There's no point, but couldn't hurt in case they renovate them in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

No point, but after you get the crafter up you can do the 5 unique to credit chest exchange and then donate that to boost them up all quickly if you felt compelled to have them all maxed.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
What kind of monster doesn't get two hundred and eighteen year old weapons vendor Stan Lee up to max rank.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
more like marvel zeroes!!!

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
So I've narrowed it down to Luke Cage, Psylocke, and either War Machine or Punisher. I've been trying to find a good ranged physical hero that isn't loving Deadpile of poo poo. I've tried both on the teat center, but neither one really grabbed me. I thought War Machine was clunky (mostly because I didn't know wtf I was doing) and Punisher's reload mechanic seems weird, but something you'd get used to while leveling. Any thoughts on either of them?

Right now my heart says Psylocke, my fists (and ICR) say LUKE cannot CAGE my RAGE, and my mom is telling me War Machine. They say you should always listen to your mother, they also say you should always follow your heart. I have another day or 2 until I have enough splinters (50 more to go). So take your time responding. I may go to the oforums and ask those friendly, helpful people there (and make HoldMyOwn hate me even more for posting so much there :( )

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Polegrinder posted:

So I've narrowed it down to Luke Cage, Psylocke, and either War Machine or Punisher. I've been trying to find a good ranged physical hero that isn't loving Deadpile of poo poo. I've tried both on the teat center, but neither one really grabbed me. I thought War Machine was clunky (mostly because I didn't know wtf I was doing) and Punisher's reload mechanic seems weird, but something you'd get used to while leveling. Any thoughts on either of them?

Right now my heart says Psylocke, my fists (and ICR) say LUKE cannot CAGE my RAGE, and my mom is telling me War Machine. They say you should always listen to your mother, they also say you should always follow your heart. I have another day or 2 until I have enough splinters (50 more to go). So take your time responding. I may go to the oforums and ask those friendly, helpful people there (and make HoldMyOwn hate me even more for posting so much there :( )

out of those 4 i would pick luke cage, but he is melee. between warm machine and franklin castle i would pick warm machine. both are pretty boring though. warm machine's ranged spender is real bad, and his flaemthrower build is dumb. franklin castle aka the punish man was better before his rework and i havent played him much after it

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Only ranged phys character worth a drat is Squirrel Girl.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

out of those 4 i would pick luke cage, but he is melee. between warm machine and franklin castle i would pick warm machine. both are pretty boring though. warm machine's ranged spender is real bad, and his flaemthrower build is dumb. franklin castle aka the punish man was better before his rework and i havent played him much after it

So what you're saying is to follow my heart.

Mover posted:

Only ranged phys character worth a drat is Squirrel Girl.

Basically if she had a gun that shot squirrels instead of making them appear from thin air I'd play her a lot more. She's great and fun and all, and I love her, but she really needs a cannon, or something, to shoot squirrels from.

flirty dental hygienist fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 13, 2016

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Polegrinder posted:

So what you're saying is to follow my heart.

psylocke's pretty cool. you can play her all mental or hybrid. i played her full mental and it was good. plus her lady mandarin costume is cool

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

psylocke's pretty cool. you can play her all mental or hybrid. i played her full mental and it was good. plus her lady mandarin costume is cool

The blender gave me her House of M costume yesterday, which I took as a sign from GOD, but I thought I'd still get the goon opinion before dropping all of my splinters on her.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

Polegrinder posted:

The blender gave me her House of M costume yesterday, which I took as a sign from GOD, but I thought I'd still get the goon opinion before dropping all of my splinters on her.

Why are you ignoring deadpool ranged? You can also play LOL ranged hawkguy

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ahundredbux posted:

more like marvel zeroes!!!

:wrong:

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

jujojoh posted:

Why are you ignoring deadpool ranged? You can also play LOL ranged hawkguy

Deadpool is a character that should not exist. I hate him, he is an unfunny, overrated, hot pile of poo poo. I would very much rather play Hawkeye over Deadpool any day. But I wanted to be a tough ranged gunner, not some guy in purple pajamas.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

Polegrinder posted:

Deadpool is a character that should not exist. I hate him, he is an unfunny, overrated, hot pile of poo poo. I would very much rather play Hawkeye over Deadpool any day. But I wanted to be a tough ranged gunner, not some guy in purple pajamas.

You are RPing too hard in this lovely game. You don't need to play a tough guy to compensate for size of your penis

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

Unique Phoenix PoweredPosts: 565 Amazing

June 12 in General Discussion

I've been traumatized all day since 4 AM this morning from the tragic event that happened in Florida. Come to find out, there was another attack planned in LA for pride. Anyway you should be ashamed.

Think of those poor gays that were killed in Florida. My gay brothers and sisters lose their lives or are targeted just for loving who they love and you all have the audicity to post homophobic thoughts in gay supporting threads? Do you not have any kindness or sympathy for anyone other than yourself?

Somehow people think gays are this protected class, but we aren't. We're targets and there are many people in the US even that hate us, secretly or openly online or whatever

I'm sad that people that mock gay pride and my threads to celebrate it in this game. I can't believe how I've been treated on this forum just for having a passion for my identity. I couldn't even open the game and play all day I've been caught up thinking about the tragic events, and I'm hurt. There are likely to be more attacks and I fear for more of my gay brothers and sisters. Please, can you all be supportive the LGBT community during these tragic events? We're targets there are many people out to hurt us

I am sorta upset that Fenixion didn't let that thread ride for a while. People get shot and what does Unique do?post about his political agenda. Truly a unique snowflake

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jujojoh posted:

You don't need to play a tough guy to compensate for size of your penis

Indeed.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Did anyone say this game sucks yet

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

God drat it Unique.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

the blood rose nightclub is closed until further notice

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
when will gaz rename cable's pulse rifle ability

Hauki
May 11, 2010

For fucks sake, I only have like 12 heroes now and my last three splinter buys were all duplicates. If it weren't for the civil war event and the anniversary thing, I'd still be at like 7 or 8 heroes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Polegrinder posted:

but enough about hawkeye

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

the blood rose nightclub is closed until further notice

loving poo poo we're all going to hell for this.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

i stand in solidarity with bobby drake

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Kuhmondo posted:

loving poo poo we're all going to hell for this.

the division dlc trailer that just got shown off is literally just a bunch of dudes opening fire in a nightclub so I think everyone else gets a pass today

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Keep em coming guys. I know I have a lot to correct on the list. Autism awareness deserves it.

I've done both Storm and Jean Grey since then.

Polegrinder posted:

How can we be so sympatico with our Logan-love but so far apart on the issue of Wade-worship? Actually, when I started this game I didn't even know Deadpool had turned into Mr. 4th-wall-breaking-funnyman in the comics. He had just been some nobody assassin badguy in the few issues of early X-Force I read as a teen. The wackiness doesn't bother me and I usually play with sound off anyway. What annoys me is the players that gravitate to Deadpool are the ADD motherfuckers who sit in hubs just teleporting in place because they can't stop clicking their mouse button for two seconds when an enemy isn't in front of them.

davebo fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 13, 2016

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

ransome posted:

post your in game name in the thread instead, only two of us on discord can invite, lizardman and myself(skrybbles in game, ransom on discord).

also, you and the other person do not have to be online for the invite to work, an officer can /sginvite name and it will send it when they log in, even if the officer that sent it went offline.

it worked better when people played this dead gay game

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

davebo posted:

I've done both Storm and Jean Grey since then.

How can we be so sympatico with our Logan-love but so far apart on the issue of Wade-worship? Actually, when I started this game I didn't even know Deadpool had turned into Mr. 4th-wall-breaking-funnyman in the comics. He had just been some nobody assassin badguy in the few issues of early X-Force I read as a teen. The wackiness doesn't bother me and I usually play with sound off anyway. What annoys me is the players that gravitate to Deadpool are the ADD motherfuckers who sit in hubs just teleporting in place because they can't stop clicking their mouse button for two seconds when an enemy isn't in front of them.

It's like Highlander, there can only be one Canadian. For me it's the beer drinking, hell raising James "Logan" Howlett. Now if Alpha Flight were in the game, then it would be a different story...

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006
Hey, can I get an invite to the SG, ingame name KennyBlankenship

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

davebo posted:

Daniel Way's run wasn't even that crazy compared to what I was expecting and pretty much all of his significant comics appearances have a huge amount of tragedy in them since he's had a pretty horrendous life, even by comics standards. The hyperactive Deadpool seems to have come from his game appearances (particularly his solo game, MvC3 and Marvel Heroes), though there certainly is plenty of wacky Deadpool merch out there.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I got Gambit from one of those Limbo scrolls, and while at this point I'm happy to get a non-dupe from random hero boxes, I gotta say he feels pretty underwhelming. I used his ranged build and it felt super meh, just all around low impact and boring. I guess maybe his staff moveset might be more fun, but "guy what throws playing cards" is like 90% of his character. Also, his movement powers are squirrel guirrel tier.

Polegrinder posted:

Go for Mister Fantastic obv.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 13, 2016

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Go for Mister Fantastic obv.

Funny. He was one I left off of that list there. He seems like a fun dude.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

OH for sure man he is aweshahahhahahhahhahahhahah

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I like Mr. F a lot, but most people really don't so maybe don't take my word for it. Top tier sig tho

He has a unique cooldown reduction mechanic on top of a cooldown reset button and both work on his signature, uses most of his own uniques and doesn't lay down a bleed so he's easy to gear out, good ttk and tte

Mover fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 13, 2016

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Polegrinder posted:

Funny. He was one I left off of that list there. He seems like a fun dude.

On the one hand he's fun, on the other hand he's super clunky and, afaik, not that good.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Total garbo ult and movement can't deny that

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

On the one hand he's fun, on the other hand he's super clunky and, afaik, not that good.

He still does a lot of damage. His design is just very old and they're probably never reworking him.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Mr F owns, fully agree on him being fun and having top tier TTE. I also have had inside sources confirm that the thingburger was developed in cooperation between fantastic labs and the great minds at Dennys. Maximum taste, maximum pleasure. Go dad or go home.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

RyolnirRyolnir GazillionAvengers Infinite MansionPosts: 7,812 Staff
5:15PM edited 5:15PM in General Discussion
Hey all,

Sorry for the late update, woke up sick this morning so have been fighting it off with medicine and some extra sleep. I think it's mostly working since I feel better than I did when I woke up!

A relatively quiet weekend (in a good way) given the amount of bug fixes we shipped last week, so this week we're focused on Ultron and the other new content in next week's release. We hope to have Ultron on Test Center this week - he is getting some changes based on feedback and has yet to be fully approved.

In addition to Ultron, a new Terminal and some other new goodies, we're really looking forward to having you guys test what we call "Dynamic Combat Level". @MichaelMayhem will be posting on that very very soon so you can learn all about it.

In terms of schedule, the only patches you should expect are for Test Center - no production publish planned this week.

Have a great week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Hopefully dynamic combat scaling is either sidekick system or raids scaling to anywhere from 5-10 people. Either would be great

• Locked thread