Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Lots of people think that if you don't literally say "no" at least once, it's not rape. Then there are the people that think you have to keep saying it because obviously if you say "no" then you're just playing hard to get.

Or have a rape fetish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanellope
Mar 26, 2015

I've just got pixlexia, okay?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Lots of people think that if you don't literally say "no" at least once, it's not rape. Then there are the people that think you have to keep saying it because obviously if you say "no" then you're just playing hard to get.

I was told that I "wasn't clear enough" about not wanting to have sex with someone despite repeatedly saying "no" and "please stop" and "you're hurting me".

People will basically make poo poo up after the fact to cover their rear end and most of the time there's nothing the victim can do about it. It's your word against theirs and people will do anything to shift the blame and make it look like it was the victim's fault. What were you wearing? Why were you alone with him? Did you even try to fight back?

My rapist is out there drinking expensive wine and playing golf while I'm still struggling with PTSD almost 10 years later.

Edit: sorry for the :smith: post, I was just saying that even literally saying "no" makes no difference really

Vanellope has a new favorite as of 00:26 on Jun 14, 2016

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

unwantedplatypus posted:

Look at this goon hating humor :smug:

cuck, cuck, I'm gay, friend of the family fag tranny

Same

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
This thread is getting :(

Let's be happy about ourself.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Graedyn posted:

Agreed. It's one of the things I missed the most when GBS went down the shitter. While momentous things were going on--like the uprising in Egypt and the Boston Marathon bombing--I got up-to-the-minute information, as well a boots-on-the-ground updates from goons, in GBS threads. People could generally contain themselves and not poo poo-post at least within the first few hours to show a modicum of respect for the gravity of the situation, before cutting loose and trying to out-crap each other. That's something that's sorely missing these days.

I was in Japan a few years back during the big earthquake, and GBS was somehow one of the best sources for fact checked up to date information. It was especially helpful that mods quickly said "this is a serious thread and making Hiroshima, Godzilla and Pokemon jokes will get you banned"

It was a nice place to get a pretty balanced look at the Occupy movement, without wading through insane twitter feeds or clueless mainstream media stories.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

zakharov posted:

https://archive.is/ZnMKo

Spoiling this because it's exceptionally creepy

Met this girl on a dating app. She came right out and said she would be up for a hook up only.
We go out and I take her back to my place. My roommate and three of his male friends are there but leave shortly. She is quiet the whole time. I ask her if anything is wrong while the six of us are talking. She says no and fiddles with her phone.
I ask her to watch a movie. She says ok. She starts talking about how she needs to leave when the movies starts. I joke with her about her promise. She laughs, I laugh. I move in to make out with her. She isn't into it at first. I ask her if she is ok. She says she is ok. She fiddles with her phone a bit (reception is really bad in my apartment/area). I gently take it from her and put it down. She seems ok with this. She smiles. I move in and try to start things again. She is into it.
Sex happens. After, I go to take a shower and I come out and she is gone. My back door is open. I drove so she doesn't have a car.
About 20 minutes later, the police come by and arrest me.
Apparently, she says she felt unsafe and I raped her and when I left to take a shower, she "fled" the house and went to the neighbors to call 911.
They found her underwear in my house and they said it had a bit of blood in it. I don't know how that could have happened but it could have been there before. The sex wasn't rough.
I am not sure where to go from here. They said I'd be assigned an public defender because I am so poor.
I didn't sign anything or admit to anything. I just told them it didn't happen like whatever she claimed.
They won't tell me if the rape kit came back positive for force or not and they won't tell me all of what she said.
WTF happened? How do I not to go to jail forever because of some crazy sensitive person who read the situation wrong? If she had told me no at all I would have stopped or asked me to take her home, I would have.

Wow had to reread a few times cause I was sure I was missing something. But nope. Straight up rape. hosed up.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Puseklepp posted:

Wow had to reread a few times cause I was sure I was missing something. But nope. Straight up rape. hosed up.

It's not rape, it's just looks like that because of the implication.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyvz_g5bnFc

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This thread is getting grim even though all the goons are being very good and understanding, here is some fun with corporate social media :shobon:

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

-unknown

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ma'am do you have a license for that fanny?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

So Meg Ryan is trending on Facebook because people are commenting on social media about her face apparently, so I clicked on it to see what these comments were. It was almost entirely people complaining it was trending. They are completely unaware that they caused their own problem.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Vanellope posted:

I was told that I "wasn't clear enough" about not wanting to have sex with someone despite repeatedly saying "no" and "please stop" and "you're hurting me".

People will basically make poo poo up after the fact to cover their rear end and most of the time there's nothing the victim can do about it. It's your word against theirs and people will do anything to shift the blame and make it look like it was the victim's fault. What were you wearing? Why were you alone with him? Did you even try to fight back?

My rapist is out there drinking expensive wine and playing golf while I'm still struggling with PTSD almost 10 years later.

Edit: sorry for the :smith: post, I was just saying that even literally saying "no" makes no difference really

Wreck It Ralph is a lot more hosed up than I remember.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
:stare:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

For the eventual revelation that the FL gunman was struggling with his sexuality, one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite books: "When people hate with all that energy, it is something in themselves they are hating." -Cara, Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh (1945)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

More corporate twitter!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Wreck It Ralph is a lot more hosed up than I remember.

Goons: still don't know when "appropriate" is.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Dr_Amazing posted:

I was in Japan a few years back during the big earthquake, and GBS was somehow one of the best sources for fact checked up to date information. It was especially helpful that mods quickly said "this is a serious thread and making Hiroshima, Godzilla and Pokemon jokes will get you banned"

It was a nice place to get a pretty balanced look at the Occupy movement, without wading through insane twitter feeds or clueless mainstream media stories.

Yeah - I remember this, and at the time it was a really good source for news.

Hilariously enough, this lead to whines that GBS was 'just an RSS feed'.

Yeah, the loving best one on the internet, jeezy creezy.

Goons are babies, and this is why we can't have nice things, basically.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I don't even understand. Is the argument that it's a mental disorder and they just can't help hating the gays?

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

unwantedplatypus posted:

Also the fact he mentions some "promise" she was close to breaking. He never mentions a promise until that line.

From the reddit thread:

quote:

Rape doesn't have to be violent. "no" is not a magical word. If consent isn't there, then its rape. By his own telling, she clearly did not consent.

she could have been MUCH more forceful

I guess you forgot, women aren't as strong as men. Escalating the issue could result in violence or death for her. She was alone, no cell reception, no transportation, and when she asked to leave he denied her, and she was clearly uncomfortable.

EDIT: he edited it too. it originally said "She said she wanted to leave, but I reminded her she promised sex and couldn't leave (she was at my place without transportation to get away)."

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jesus Christ, goons

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

change my name posted:

I don't even understand. Is the argument that it's a mental disorder and they just can't help hating the gays?

I think it's that "phobic" implies that a phobia is a bad thing and therefore is ableist against people with phobias. It's the same reason you see people on Tumblr censor words like "id*ot" as if it's a slur.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

For the eventual revelation that the FL gunman was struggling with his sexuality, one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite books: "When people hate with all that energy, it is something in themselves they are hating." -Cara, Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh (1945)

So at first I thought this was some laughable "The gunman must have been a closeted gay and that's why he killed everyone!" post. But no, he really was a repressed homosexual who used Grindr and frequented Pulse.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

chitoryu12 posted:

Goons: still don't know when "appropriate" is.

Better get those jokes off this comedy Internet forum right this instant!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Ularg posted:

As a followup of this, because it gets sad, then funny, then sad again. But this is why you never say something vaguely "feminist" on a youtube channel filled with people like this.

Yes he is wearing a fedora/trilby. I'm debating whether or not I should continue to poke the hornets nest, because the email notifications are getting pretty ridiculous in number.

Edit: Woops he didn't like me complementing his hat.

This is sad. What did you even say?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Better get those jokes off this comedy Internet forum right this instant!

"This girl just talked about how she has PTSD about being raped and her rapist getting away of it. That's loving hilarious!"

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Gridlocked posted:

This is sad. What did you even say?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

:yikes:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

chitoryu12 posted:

"This girl just talked about how she has PTSD about being raped and her rapist getting away of it. That's loving hilarious!"

Lol.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

PYF should have been deleted long ago.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

oldpainless posted:

PYF should have been deleted long ago.

Let the pus flow into the rest of the forums I say!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I bet GBS would welcome our discussion.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

unwantedplatypus posted:

Also the fact he mentions some "promise" she was close to breaking. He never mentions a promise until that line.

It's referring to this at the start of his story:

"....She came right out and said she would be up for a hook up only..."

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

EmmyOk posted:

Jesus Christ, goons

Not pictured: David Cameron's dick since it's buried in a dead pig.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Holy poo poo 100.

What percent are just bitching about you?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

My friends dad likes to blame mass shootings on "allowing evil to exist" and believes that we don't value human life anymore. I touched the poop, and suggested that he might be looking at the past through rose-colored glasses. I mentioned the civil rights movement and the trajectory of human rights in the last few decades, and all the atrocities that took place during the era where we supposedly valued human life more.

This was what I got in response. A whole bunch of talking points that had nothing to do with my original post at all. This man is also twice my age.

Elderbean has a new favorite as of 04:54 on Jun 14, 2016

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

this one is literally true tho

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

poptart_fairy posted:

Why must you be such a jerk, yet have such a wonderful avatar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Lots of women are skeeved out by 50 Shades of Grey and there a significant percentage of people who hate that X-Men billboard (which I've never even heard about) are probably among them!